Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default SOTD - Sunday 12 December, 2010

Good morning! My SOTD is Le Labo Rose 31.

Notes include Grasse rose, cumin, pepper, clove, nutmeg, olibanum, cedar, amber, gaiac wood, oud, cistus, vetiver and animalic notes.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SOTD - Sunday 12 December, 2010

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

My SotD is Extravagance D'Amariage by Givenchy, with notes of, Green Mandarine,
    Tagete, Pink Peppercorn, Jasmine, Orange Blossom, Violet Leaves, Sandalwood,
    Cedarwood, Musk and Ambrox.

Basenotes Plus

Caron Parfum Sacre Intense

Have a lovely Sunday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Afternoon all.

Ormonde Woman today

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Kenzo Jungle L'Éléphant
    ... again, again, again!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Hello everyone!

I'm weathering a big bad snowstorm (how are y'all doing out there Quarry?) in a warm, creamy and luscious cloud of Guerlain's Iris Ganache. Sublime!

Y'all have a great day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good Sunday morning all,
    Hope your all warm, dry and safe during todays storms (Evangeline, Quarry, Kiliwia) heavy downpour of rain here which is supposed to turn to ice later. Good wishes and hugs to all , take care,
    SotD is Coco.
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD - Sunday 12 December, 2010

Cardinal

by

JAMES HEELEY

( From Samples )
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

It's a cold, sunny day here in KS - thinking about everyone dealing with the snow!

Bedtime last night I was still smelling faintly of Rubj extrait, so I layered it with M. Micallef Rose Aoud. Surprisingly good.

This morning: the delicious Diptyque Oyedo.

Planning on a Bunny Boiler film fest this eve. FM Une Malle to accompany "Play Misty for me" and "Fatal Attraction". A perfect combination, don't you think?
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Quote Originally Posted by le grand duc View Post
    kenzo jungle l'éléphant
    ... again, again, again!
    you smell goood ldg !!!!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Basenotes Plus

SotE -

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Oh, Lessa, you're sooo bad: Bunny Boiler. I like your location note, too: Fragrant house on the prairie. You're so much fun.

Things are comfy here in Snow Globe, U.S.A., aka the upper Midwest. Wouldn't care if we got stranded for days except my honey's got a c-scoping scheduled for Wednesday, and that's not something you want to go through all the prep for and then have to reschedule due to road conditions.

Think I'll just play with frags rather than spray on just one today.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SOTD - Sunday 12 December, 2010

Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens.

SOTD is Lady Stetson. Trying to figure out what to wear to a Christmas dinner party on Tuesday night.

Good evening all Friday's Christmas-party was fun...But it seems I get rather flirty after a few drinks* blushing* At least I managed to stay away from the guy I still ( unfortunately)like...And that even when he decided to sit next to me. Actually kind of proud of myself Met a lot of new, nice people too that I'm sure I'll keep in touch with. I looked good in a very Audrey Hepburn way and smelled nice in #88. Today I'm in Hypnotic Poison.

I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Sorry to hear about all the bad weather! Hunker down, or snuggle up! (It's sunny and around 57 here, and NO wind )
    I'm in Hermes Vetiver Tonka today.

Hello everyone-

I'm wearing PdN Kiss Me Tender today.

The wind's still blowing here (what a massive storm, we only got the wind and cold) so I'm in warm fragrant E.M. Ca'd'Oro (J. Peterman) with lots of warm musk-amber-patchouli-sandalwood-almond goodness. With a touch of bergamot on top. Nice!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Plus

Sampling vintage YSL Rive Gauche today. Don't remember ever testing it, even in it's hey day.

So far it feels too "tailored" for me.

Keep warm all!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

You all smell so nice!

I'm testing Eau de Givenchy today. Very pretty. It smells like the sort of thing I wore in the early eighties. Feminine and smooth. Very floral. A lovely fragrance.
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

(way to go, ineespenes!)
    Hope you all have a relaxing Sunday -- it's a lovely day here... sunny and just a bit cool.
    Only one fragrance seemed right for today :

Later I'm going to see "Black Swan" movie with some girlfriends...

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scent of the Evening

Xeryus de Givenchy

- Vintage Eau de Toilette -

hello all my snuggle bunnies out there.

Wish I could make a huge pot of chocolat chaude for us all to share, distance being the rain on the parade, but here is a virtual chocolat toast to all weathering wintery conditions.

Today i still smell lovely from last night's Fille d'Ève, so i am content.

Stay warm all.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Started very early with Youth Dew. (That seems to compete well with the incense at church all morning.)

This afternoon I am wearing Loulou. It is so cold and blustery and the heavy, spicy scents seem to warm me up a bit.

Blog Entries

Oh my, I am so excited! I am in Honey Blossom by Aftelier Perfumes, too new of a fragrance to be in the database yet (which means I cannot post it as a SOTD -- baaah!).

As soon as I read about it in the NST, I knew I had to try it. Honey, honeysucklye, linden blossom -- all those notes weren't just calling my name, they were singing it!.. It was right then when I found out that I'm not going to Berkeley in Dec, so I can't visit Mandy Aftel's open studio and the sale. So as soon as I got a word on 10% off sale of her entire website, I was all over it for some samples, Honey Blossom came first on the list.

This is adorable. I want to jump, and laugh, and sing I love this one! I'm afraid right on my wishlist it goes -- for my birthday I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Lessa View Post

Planning on a Bunny Boiler film fest this eve. FM Une Malle to accompany "Play Misty for me" and "Fatal Attraction". A perfect combination, don't you think?
    hahahaha "Bunny Boiler".....that's somehow sick and hilarious at the same time.

My SotD is Un Bois Vanille, for an afternoon of laundry and laziness.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Snowglobe, USA is reporting, finally.... OK, here I sit yesterday at 6 am, making a wishlist of LuckyScent samples and Bamm! -- the telephone rings -- a lady who lives 15 miles away can't make it to work so I have to come and cover for her, if I would please? I hop into the bathtub and it is snowing outside, my DH packing a gallon of water and a blanket for me, I laugh. I come to work and nobody shows up -- and the wind picks up and the temps drop down (-6F this morning plus wind) and the visibility is ZERO feet (maybe a few inches), nothing can be seen from the frosted windows, and there is miriads of little white stingy flakes coming in circles from NW. So I stay and work all day yesterday, at night, and in the morning until the people with bobcats come and make some rattle. And I only came home about 20 minutes ago -- 32 hours on the job? In tune with Mrs.E -- all in all it's just a.... nother brick in the wall.

Nothing yet, tons of hand lotion (Dead Sea Treatment) with a slight apricot kernel smell. On the good side, the driveway at home has been cleared -- thank you, Mr.T the smooth snow-thrower operator!

It is a balmy 61 deg. where I'm at. We went to a Christmas party last night without coats! Sort of unreal. I have a brand-new purple wool coat I've been dying to wear, but it's not been cold enough yet!

The Sunnyfunnys open Christmas presents early, so today I'm wearing my gorgeous new gift-- Eau Premiere.

I've been in Shalimar today, then Chantilly this evening

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    It is a balmy 61 deg. where I'm at. We went to a Christmas party last night without coats! Sort of unreal. I have a brand-new purple wool coat I've been dying to wear, but it's not been cold enough yet!

The Sunnyfunnys open Christmas presents early, so today I'm wearing my gorgeous new gift-- Eau Premiere.

Gorgeous!
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Quote Originally Posted by Lessa View Post
    Gorgeous!
    Isn't it? It's one of those crave inducing scents for me. Now all I need to do is open my nightstand drawer for a fix, not stand there huffing away at the Chanel counter, hee hee.

I just googled Bunny Boiler... your post now makes complete sense.

Basenotes Institution

OH wow, I hope everyone who is CHILLY and COLD stays as warm as possible today...I'm lucky it's a very warm 75 degrees (F) here in Miami.

I'm still fighting my cold/congestion, so I decided to sample some of the stronger ones in my pile, as they will most likely make it through my congested nose. And, this one is, for sure:

Oud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale (from a sample - thanks Futami)

Perhaps the strongest (and most 'barnyard') smelling leather / oud combination I've ever smelled. I love it. I'm just wondering...when would I wear this?

mikeperez, I know exactly what you mean. I admire it, but...

sunnyfunny, Q - yeah, it's maybe just a little sick and twisted. But I'm okay with that. Quirkiness adds spice to life.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Twolf, Oh my gosh! You deserve a merit award, and I'll call your place of employment and tell them myself if you like!

To all of our snow bunnies in the upper Midwest, sending you toasty (((hugs))) and a get well (((hug))) to Mike_Perez. It's raining and cold & raw here today, actually I'm not all that toasty, but I have no right to complain.

I've been wearing No. 5 body lotion all day and into the evening (an early Christmas gift). It's been my only scent today. I applied it early this morning before 8:00 church service, and I can still smell it almost 12 hours later. There was a point in my life when I wore scented body lotions and creams in winter as my sole perfume, and I might start doing that again. If the formula for the cream or lotion is good it's a particularly luxurious and sybaritic way to wear fragrance. The scent lasts forever yet stays closer to the body. I particularly enjoyed Shalimar this way, also YSL Paris, Halston, and there was also a divine Borghese Giardini de Montecatini body cream - just to die for. Opium was pretty nice, too, but the Borghese was the best of all. Ah...memories!

I hope everyone had a good Sunday. We decorated our tree today. It looks great. It took a lot of work, though, so it may never come down again. Night, lovie doves!

Armani Diamonds Pour Homme
    Gary

It was 86 degrees here this afternoon. The weather changes from day to day.
    I wore Chloe (the original) and it may have been too much with the heat. I did not even sprayed, I dabbed and I can still smell it as if I had just applied.
    Evenstar

What a range of temperatures and weather conditions today! It's strange that Mike, who is in one of the warmest places, is the one with the cold. Get well soon, Mike!

I had hula class again today. Wore one of my favorites, CdG Kyoto, to keep myself focused. It's such a great fragrance! :-)