Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default Difference between (vintage) Eau de Rochas POUR Homme and (new) Eau de Rochas Homme?

The reason I ask is because I own Eau de Rochas Homme (silver cap) and I like it a lot, it's a slightly coniferous citrus scent from what I smell. However, I've heard that it is reformulated compared to Eau de Rochas Pour Homme and smells different? Can anyone clarify?
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Default Re: Difference between (vintage) Eau de Rochas POUR Homme and (new) Eau de Rochas Homme?

Didn't know that there was a new one. I have the one with a silver cap also. It's great, isn't it?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Difference between (vintage) Eau de Rochas POUR Homme and (new) Eau de Rochas Homme?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have the one with a silver cap also. It's great, isn't it?
    Apparently the one we both own is the new one. Oh, and yes it's wonderful
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

The vintage one is basically the same looking bottle except it's and ugly peanut/tan color, definitely looks prehistoric.

Finally tried the silver-capped Eau De Rochas Homme....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etm-q...e_gdata_player

Seriously...how come y'all didn't yell about how great a green-citrus this is ??? It's like Nicolas Mamounas took all the best elements from Eau Sauvage, Neroli Sauvage, and combined them in a more contemporary way. Y'all really should have told me how good this was!!!

Anybody looking to swap it get at me

There's a big difference between the vintage and the current formulation. The vintage is loaded with birch tar and has far less citrus than the current formulation. Well, mine does anyway!

Eau de rochas pour homme.jpg
    Last edited by morrison74; 4th July 2011 at 12:58 PM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Vintage:

Reformulation:

Also, it looks like there is new packaging, which could signal another reformulation...

Hope that clears everything up...

Hot dang, didn't know I had a vintage, or that there 'was' a vintage version of this. I was wondering why few had commented on the almost thick, resiny nature of Rochas despite it being a light citrus scent. It's like a good Imperial IPA!
    "Strange things are afoot. I am one of them and I am up to another." -*^-'._.'-^*- - S.B.

I used to love the old Eau. Must try this newer one.

Dullah, besides Eau Sauvage and Neroli Sauvage, what other references might you offer? Thanx.

Thinking of the wrong one, so ignore this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeltov View Post
    I used to love the old Eau. Must try this newer one.

Dullah, besides Eau Sauvage and Neroli Sauvage, what other references might you offer? Thanx.
    Regarding the newer silver cap "Eau De Rochas Homme", and NOT the older, birch-tarry "Eau De Rochas Pour Homme"....

Imagine all the citrus and citrus blossoms of each Eau Sauvage and Neroli Sauvage's top and heart notes, plus some very slight aquatic contemporary undercurrent. Maybe a helping of Chanel Allure "Cologne Sport" (that brisk lemony/clean/soapy nuance). A tiny hint of melon, light spices, a complex bouquet of fresh florals in the heart. Then the biggest surprise is when the scent reveals a very pleasant "creed-millesime-ish" drydown, a bit of the synthetic-oakmoss/ambrox/white musk featured in Aventus, as well as a bit of that pleasant, quiet aquatic nuance still present. maybe throw in the clean Cedar/papyrus/vetiver from the drydown of Cereus Pour Homme #4 and there you have it.

The complexity, development, and range of textures involved, is something between what I imagined a 2003 Creed Eau De Cologne would have smelled like, or like if Amouage Ciel had a cousin who wanted nothing to do with frankincense or the middle east, and was an EDC-styled scent through and through, but still with a slight resemblance to his rich, aquatic-spicy-floral cousin Ciel.

It's fantastic.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    There's a big difference between the vintage and the current formulation. The vintage is loaded with birch tar and has far less citrus than the current formulation. Well, mine does anyway!
    Wow I did not know there was a newer version either. It sounds very much not to my taste.

I ran across a bottle of vintage in a local store recently and bought blind. I am very very sensitive to birch tar and do NOT get any birch tar in it. Instead, I find it a massive oakmoss bomb. This explains the need to radically reformulate. Luca Turin gets myrrh, which yeah maybe there's a touch. It's fantastic! Lasting power is eau de cologne style -- no more than 4 hours on skin.