Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rate my haul!!!

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rate my haul!!!

Today I drove 30 minutes to go to Saks for the first time. Complete waste of time, the selection is worse than Nordstroms and there are no testers to even try anything. So on my way back I come across this house that had been turned into a perfume shop. Apparently it's been there 25 years but this is the first time I noticed it. The fragrance smell was extremely heavy going in and it took my senses a good 15-20 minutes to settle down.

They have pretty much everything! Too many things to test in one trip, I fried my senses pretty quick. I did pick up a couple things while there:

Serge Lutens - Chergui
    L Artisan Parfumeur - Fou d`Absinthe

Got samples of the following:
    Serge Lutens - Serge Noire
    Serge Lutens - Fille en Aiguilles (wanted to buy this but they were out)
    Carthusia - Uomo
    Miller Harris - Feuilles de Tabac
    Amouage - Reflection Man

I saw Montale's for the first time today, decided to go right to the wrist with one... MISTAKE! It was so strong and mind numbing, if I had a pocket knife with me I probably would have cut my arm off and thrown it out the window on the drive home. I'll definitely be going back next week, family owned business and everyone there is very helpful. They actually know their frags unlike most SA's at department stores.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rate my haul!!!

lucky you!

I've phone-ordered from them in the past, and it was a top-notch experience. If I remember correctly, they were selling the CdG Synthetic series for about $26 a pop, so I bought all of them!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oaksbluff View Post
    lucky you!

I've phone-ordered from them in the past, and it was a top-notch experience. If I remember correctly, they were selling the CdG Synthetic series for about $26 a pop, so I bought all of them!
    They have an entire case full of CdG's, I almost bought Wonderwood.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a nice find - cool little house.

I think if I had to own just one Lutens and L'Artisan it would probably be Chergui & Fou d'Absinthe (with Daim Blond & Dzing coming a close second). And Amouage here we come, eh? hehehe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    And Amouage here we come, eh? hehehe
    Yeah, Reflection smells great! I struggle with it being a EDT though, a $300 EDT, wtf?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I really envy you for having such a place to go to. Only in my wildest dreams.....

Anyways, I thought you did pretty darn good. Chergui is nice ( although to me, kind of overhyped on Basenotes and other sites). The L'Artisan is a goodnutmeg and woods scent. Very nice haul !

But whats with all this mass exageration in your posts ? 15-20 minutes for your senses to calm down ? You wanted to cut off your arm after spraying it with a Montale ? Montales are not that strong. Which Montale was it ?
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Post Thanks / Like

Good haul!

I think you'll be very pleased with your bottles of Chergui and Fou d'Absinthe, two of the better ones from their respective houses.

Lutens is one of my favorite houses, and IMO you got three really good ones. I think I'm becoming addicted to Fille en Aiguilles, especially now that it has gotten cooler.

Feuilles de Tabac in also an excellent fragrance, one of my faves from Miller Harris. I like Reflection Man but it isn't one of my favorites from the Amouage line. But there are several members here who are crazy about it.

I may have tested Carthusia Uomo years ago, but can't remember enough to comment on it. I'm interested to hear what you have to say about it.

I predict that you'll probably end up getting full bottles of most of the ones you have samples for!

BTW, interesting looking shop! Wouldn't it be fun to have a business like that?

noggs

Post Thanks / Like

These terms EDT & EDP don't always give a true indication of what you're in store for with Amouage IMO. Reflection Man performs really well and seems to last forever for me . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    But whats with all this mass exageration in your posts ? 15-20 minutes for your senses to calm down ? You wanted to cut off your arm after spraying it with a Montale ? Montales are not that strong. Which Montale was it ?
    No exaggeration, it took a good 15-20 minutes before I could smell anything. The perfume smell (woman's) when you first walk in is beyond anything my nose has had to deal with before. It's a house, and all the spraying/testing takes it's toll. It's also winter, so no windows or doors are open to air it out.

The Montale was a black bottle and called something like Boise Vanilla (sp?). Total monstrosity!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post

I saw Montale's for the first time today, decided to go right to the wrist with one... MISTAKE! It was so strong and mind numbing, if I had a pocket knife with me I probably would have cut my arm off and thrown it out the window on the drive home.
    Best laugh I've had all day!

Post Thanks / Like

No exaggeration, it took a good 15-20 minutes before I could smell anything. The perfume smell (woman's) when you first walk in is beyond anything my nose has had to deal with before. It's a house, and all the spraying/testing takes it's toll. It's also winter, so no windows or doors are open to air it out.

The Montale was a black bottle and called something like Boise Vanilla (sp?). Total monstrosity!
    Hmmm. This is one Montale I have not sampled yet, but I'll try to get ahold of a vial. Thanks for letting me know which one it was PM.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Congrats on the Chergui and FdA. Both are excellent.

Serge Noire - Good stuff. But it doesn't compare to his older scents.
    Fille en Aiguilles - Overrated, boring and not worth the price. Pass!
    Carthusia Uomo - Decent scent. Somewhat unique. Good for Summer.
    M/H - FdT - Decent scent. But there are much better tobacco fragrances out there IMO.
    Reflection - Top Notch. Excellent fragrance. I love it. (I have the old style bottle - I'm not sure if it was reformulated when they changed bottles.)
    Last edited by ajmc; 13th December 2010 at 02:42 AM.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

My house is starting to beome a perfume house too. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    My house is starting to beome a perfume house too. LOL.
    I know what you mean. Some of the local SAs are telling me that I have more perfumes at home than they do in their shops!

Congrats on getting the Serge Lutens and L'Artisan!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Congrats on the Chergui and FdA. Both are excellent.

Serge Noire - Good stuff. But it doesn't compare to his older scents.
    Fille en Aiguilles - Overrated, boring and not worth the price. Pass!
    Carthusia Uomo - Decent scent. Somewhat unique. Good for Summer.
    M/H - FdT - Decent scent. But there are much better tobacco fragrances out there IMO.
    Reflection - Top Notch. Excellent fragrance. I love it. (I have the old style bottle - I'm not sure if it was reformulated when they changed bottles.)
    I have some Miller Harris on now... not really liking it much. What are some better tobacco's?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Hmmm. This is one Montale I have not sampled yet, but I'll try to get ahold of a vial. Thanks for letting me know which one it was PM.
    I just looked it up, it's called "Boise Vanille" and it's for women. I can tell you this though, if a woman got in my car smelling of this, I'd kick her out. Even if it were Arianny Celeste, she'd be walking.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats for the finds! Where is this nice shop (ie in which town)?

cacio

It's a wonderful shop!

as i was reading your post, i thought ...it's got to be! it's very nice to see someone from my town
    ---
    -josh

www.imaginaryauthors.com

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.
    -Oscar Wilde

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Congrats for the finds! Where is this nice shop (ie in which town)?

cacio
    Portland Oregon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joshmpdx View Post
    It's a wonderful shop!

as i was reading your post, i thought ...it's got to be! it's very nice to see someone from my town
    It's great! They're gonna get to know me very well, I'll probably be there every week. lol

Let me know what time, i'll stop in!
    ---
    -josh

www.imaginaryauthors.com

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.
    -Oscar Wilde

Post Thanks / Like

It'll definitely be on the weekends, I gotta work all week to support my addiction

Post Thanks / Like

Who knew there was a Saks on Wake Island?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Who knew there was a Saks on Wake Island?!?
    lol I like the flag

Post Thanks / Like

Serious question, are all Saks like the one I went to today? No testers on the shelf, just sealed boxes. All predictable crap, CK, Burberry, etc. No Bond 9's, no Acqua Di Parma's, none of the stuff I saw on-line.

Post Thanks / Like

I see that you live in Portland, Orgeon. Yes, the Perfume house is an amazing place. Huge selection and a refreshingly knowledgable staff.

Hi PuddleMonkey -

Just wanted to let you know that if you got a Reflection sample that was EdT, it was from the old bottle. The new bottle Reflection is labeled EdP, and is very strong and long lasting, but from what I've heard is no different than the original besides strength.

Is the color of the juice in your sample a light violet/purple color? If so, I'd gladly be willing to trade you that sample for a couple mL sample of the new juice from my bottle. I am dying to try the old bottle stuff.

And yeah, Boise Vanille is fricken DISGUSTING. One of the few scents I've ever given 1 star to. Blech! Good luck getting that off of yourself!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Serious question, are all Saks like the one I went to today? No testers on the shelf, just sealed boxes. All predictable crap, CK, Burberry, etc. No Bond 9's, no Acqua Di Parma's, none of the stuff I saw on-line.
    No way. The Saks everywhere else are loaded with Bond, Creed, Cartier, Hermès, Tom Ford, Chanel, Armani Prive, Mugler, and some semi-designer femme-leaning niche like Jo Malone and Annick Goutal, too. But forget it. You've got that Perfume Safe House! SO AWESOME.

Fou d'Absinthe is a favorite of mine - same with Feuilles de Tabac (not all that much tabac, but it will grow on you). For more tobacco I like Back in Black and Straight to Heaven from By Kilian. There's a touch in CH Men, too, that's nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Saks has kind of withdrawn to some degree in the frag world-- at least in my view. A couple of months back, my Saks SAs say they eliminated providing them little test spray cards or strips. I was in there today, and unless you want a scent sprayed on your arm, they have to dig around a spray it on Kleenex.

The Beverly Hills Saks goes pretty deep on scents. Bond No. 9 has a big presence. By Killian is there. It's the best source in LA for Guerlain. But outside of those two, it's mostly standard designer fare. Can't remember if they carry Tom Ford. Maybe.

Nieman and Barneys compliment Saks here. There're all within a couple of blocks of each other.

The Beverly Hills Saks has a fair number of testers, but they often have some scents with no testers open- especially when you're looking at something a bit out of mainstream like Mouchoir de Monsieur.

I'm pretty familiar with Portland, and I know it's probably not a very "frag friendly" city. I have seen write ups about that house you pictured in other forums. It's kind of a tough city for niche scents. Still, kind of a bummer the Portland Saks seems to be pretty mainstream in their fragrance department.

One trick I've noticed for you next trip. Some of the scents in Saks may be kept in the women's department. Don't ask me to explain the rationale. But in Bev Hills, the Guerlains and Bond No. 9 are all in the women's department along with the feminine offerings from those house. If anything is remotely unisex in my Saks, it's in the larger women's cosmeitics/fragrance department.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gollnick View Post
    I see that you live in Portland, Orgeon. Yes, the Perfume house is an amazing place. Huge selection and a refreshingly knowledgable staff.
    Kinda, I live on the border in WA. I just drive across the bridge and leech tax free goodies

Post Thanks / Like

Saks in Portland is sort of the forgotten stepchild of the firm. It's a pale shadow of what you find on the East Coast.

Nordstrom is the high-end department store in Portland. But Portland is a lot more about small, niche stores regardless of what type of merchandise you're talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Hi PuddleMonkey -

Just wanted to let you know that if you got a Reflection sample that was EdT, it was from the old bottle. The new bottle Reflection is labeled EdP, and is very strong and long lasting, but from what I've heard is no different than the original besides strength.

Is the color of the juice in your sample a light violet/purple color? If so, I'd gladly be willing to trade you that sample for a couple mL sample of the new juice from my bottle. I am dying to try the old bottle stuff.
    Funny you mention that, I haven't opened the card yet, but it does show a purple bottle that's completely different looking than the ones I've seen on-line. It also says EDT on the back. Can't say the juice looks purple, hard to tell with it inside the card, just the picture of the bottle on the front. My first sampling came from the shops tester on my left wrist.

I have some Miller Harris on now... not really liking it much. What are some better tobacco's?
    Sonoma Scent Studio's Tabac Aurea. I highly recommend this one. Run, don't walk to try this beauty! Utterly astounding. Words fail me. This one will blow you away! Look up some reviews to get an idea. And while your at it, sample others from SSS. Laurie is extremely talented - most of her scents are amazing. http://www.sonomascentstudio.com/tabac4.shtml

A few other great tobacco's are SMN's Acqua di Cuba and Czech & Speake's Cuba.

Please forgive me if I'm rambling. Perhaps I shouldn't post after taking a xanax and drinking a few beers...
    You have know idea how long it took me to post this short message!

Goodnight...!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    No way. The Saks everywhere else are loaded with Bond, Creed, Cartier, Hermès, Tom Ford, Chanel, Armani Prive, Mugler, and some semi-designer femme-leaning niche like Jo Malone and Annick Goutal, too. But forget it. You've got that Perfume Safe House! SO AWESOME.
    I think this one may be newer, it's in some big shopping center called Bridgeport. There's another one downtown but finding parking this time of year is lulz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Saks has kind of withdrawn to some degree in the frag world-- at least in my view. A couple of months back, my Saks SAs say they eliminated providing them little test spray cards or strips. I was in there today, and unless you want a scent sprayed on your arm, they have to dig around a spray it on Kleenex.

The Beverly Hills Saks goes pretty deep on scents. Bond No. 9 has a big presence. By Killian is there. It's the best source in LA for Guerlain. But outside of those two, it's mostly standard designer fare. Can't remember if they carry Tom Ford. Maybe.

Nieman and Barneys compliment Saks here. There're all within a couple of blocks of each other.

The Beverly Hills Saks has a fair number of testers, but they often have some scents with no testers open- especially when you're looking at something a bit out of mainstream like Mouchoir de Monsieur.

I'm pretty familiar with Portland, and I know it's probably not a very "frag friendly" city. I have seen write ups about that house you pictured in other forums. It's kind of a tough city for niche scents. Still, kind of a bummer the Portland Saks seems to be pretty mainstream in their fragrance department.

One trick I've noticed for you next trip. Some of the scents in Saks may be kept in the women's department. Don't ask me to explain the rationale. But in Bev Hills, the Guerlains and Bond No. 9 are all in the women's department along with the feminine offerings from those house. If anything is remotely unisex in my Saks, it's in the larger women's cosmeitics/fragrance department.
    Good info, thanks.

The Perfume House uses cotton balls for test strips. First I've seen of it.

Post Thanks / Like

edit: double post

Post Thanks / Like

Please forgive me if I'm rambling. Perhaps I shouldn't post after taking a xanax and drinking a few beers...
    You have know idea how long it took me to post this short message!

Goodnight...!
    Haha, actually I do know. Both xanax and ambien make posting very difficult for me. I have to focus really hard and do my best not to nod off. lol

Funny, I almost stopped in there today. I was in Hawthorn buying some lunch at Toney Bento. I have to be very careful going in there. I can lose hours just checking out their stuff. They have a great collection of Carons, Creeds, Chanels, and L'Artisans in additions to those you mentioned. I find one of the SA's a little off putting, she can be condescending and elitist (she told me I was too young and unrefined to wear Erolfa), but the other younger woman there is really great. If you go in during a weekday you can have the place almost to yourself. Lots of trouble to get into there.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Post Thanks / Like

Funny you mention that, I haven't opened the card yet, but it does show a purple bottle that's completely different looking than the ones I've seen on-line. It also says EDT on the back. Can't say the juice looks purple, hard to tell with it inside the card, just the picture of the bottle on the front. My first sampling came from the shops tester on my left wrist.
    Does this help? I guess I could always just open the damn thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickins View Post
    Funny, I almost stopped in there today. I was in Hawthorn buying some lunch at Toney Bento. I have to be very careful going in there. I can lose hours just checking out their stuff. They have a great collection of Carons, Creeds, Chanels, and L'Artisans in additions to those you mentioned. I find one of the SA's a little off putting, she can be condescending and elitist (she told me I was too young and unrefined to wear Erolfa), but the other younger woman there is really great. If you go in during a weekday you can have the place almost to yourself. Lots of trouble to get into there.

-Slim
    damn we have a lot of Oregonians on BN

Does this help? I guess I could always just open the damn thing.

Lol, well, that does help, sort of. The only thing is there was a period where I believe they were putting the new juice (which is everso slightly yellowish/amber in color) in the old bottles, as I have seen pictures of the old bottle with a darker juice in it. As far as I know the original EdT was always a light light light purple/lilac color.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Nice thread. Sounds like an awesome place to visit. I've ordered from them before (got a great deal on the three CdG Synthetics that I was missing) and they were great to deal with. If I ever make it out to Portland, I'm definitely going there.
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Lol, well, that does help, sort of. The only thing is there was a period where I believe they were putting the new juice (which is everso slightly yellowish/amber in color) in the old bottles, as I have seen pictures of the old bottle with a darker juice in it. As far as I know the original EdT was always a light light light purple/lilac color.
    Took it out and it's definitely a yellow/amber color. I think I'll wear it to work tomorrow and see how long it lasts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post

I may have tested Carthusia Uomo years ago, but can't remember enough to comment on it. I'm interested to hear what you have to say about it.

noggs

Put it on about 30 minutes ago. Lots of berries. I can detect a light leather. Smells clean and classy. I usually avoid clean scents but I'd definitely wear this in the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonoma Scent Studio's Tabac Aurea. I highly recommend this one. Run, don't walk to try this beauty! Utterly astounding. Words fail me. This one will blow you away! Look up some reviews to get an idea. And while your at it, sample others from SSS. Laurie is extremely talented - most of her scents are amazing. http://www.sonomascentstudio.com/tabac4.shtml
    Just ordered the box set of 5 and 12 empty spray vials. Thanks!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

It's great! They're gonna get to know me very well, I'll probably be there every week. lol
    Be sure to leave your pocket knife at home. Fragrances don't smell so good on bloody stumps. Heh.

Post Thanks / Like

Saks at Bridgeport isn't a proper Saks. It's Sak's Off Fifth Avenue which is sort of Saks discount outlet. But, the one downtown is not great either. Parking is no problem. Just find one of the many Smart Park garages and pay. The trick with downtown Portland is to Smart Park your car as soon as you can and then walk around. It's a very walkable downtown.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Be sure to leave your pocket knife at home. Fragrances don't smell so good on bloody stumps. Heh.
    Actually, one of the best knife shops in Portland, Hawthorne Cutlery, is just block or so from Perfume House making it a double delight trip.

But, if you think parking is bad downtown, that neighborhood is a real mess.

Great finds for sure!!! I wish I had a little slice of heaven close to me like this.....You are very fortunate for sure!!!
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, one of the best knife shops in Portland, Hawthorne Cutlery, is just block or so from Perfume House making it a double delight trip.
    I'm a gun guy.

But, if you think parking is bad downtown, that neighborhood is a real mess.
    Yeah it is, and it doesn't help my road rage at all

Got over 50 samples in the mail today, I'm gonna be a busy boy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    LMAO

LOL - damn - now I'm doubly jealous!

I'm a gun guy.

There's a thread here on using ammo boxes as sample holders. One of our BN gals came up with that, bless her heart!

Post Thanks / Like

Well then I'm about to make you tripple jealous. If it's guns you crave, Keiths is a drive from Perfume house, but doable. And there's always Don's Machine Gun Den. Yes, Portland is a great city.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well then I'm about to make you tripple jealous. If it's guns you crave, Keiths is a drive from Perfume house, but doable. And there's always Don's Machine Gun Den. Yes, Portland is a great city.
    *uncontrollable laughter*

OMFG

The only thing better would be...

Red's House of Perfume, Guns, Motorcycles, Computer Books & Climbing Gear. Authorized Apple dealer! Come see our selection of Japanese Art, Anime Posters and Totoro Plushies.

An entertaining read! I'm ever so curious about Reflection now.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely, I've purchased 4 or 5 guns from Keith's. Best selection in PDX and he transfers my goodies for free.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing better would be...
    If you'll let us include the Portland area (and this time of year, we are all under one roof... or cloud ceiling as the case may be)

Red's House of Perfume
    Perfume House

Guns
    Keith's will do quite well

Motorcycles
    I'm not a Motorcyclist myself (I've always said that I'll try it as soon as they make one with a star on the hood ornament) but there are several major dealerships in the area. Friends tell me that Paradise Harley Davidson is worthy of its name.

Computer Books
    That would be Powells Technical Books

& Climbing Gear.
    We have several good choices there: REI
    Next Adventure
    Climb Max

Authorized Apple dealer!
    Got those

Come see our selection of Japanese Art, Anime Posters and Totoro Plushies
    I don't even know what a Totoro Plushie is, but I'm sure we have them somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

^ LMAO - I gotta move!

Oh, hell yes I've been to Powell's. That place is geek heaven! I almost died of laughter when I saw all of the famous scientist "action figures" (as if) in the checkout line.

Totoro is a mythical crypto-beast from what is arguably Miyazaki's greatest anime, Tonari no Totoro (very roughly translated to "My Neighbor Totoro" for US distribution). The movie is marketed in the US as a kiddie flick, but it's more of a cross between old Disney and an adult-oriented childhood remembrance film - almost Spielbergian in emotion, but deployed in a far more subtle way. Totoro never says anything, and steals your heart because of it. Brilliant story and execution - Miyazaki could have never done anything else and he would have been remembered as the king of anime for this one.

Hence a flood of plushies, such as these...

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...q=totoro+plush

And I'll bet you have one hell of a good anime store, loaded with Totoro plush. The Japanese garden in Portland is exquisite, and ranks with the best gardens in Japan.

But.... Don's Machine Gun Den.....mmmmm. Hell, that's American as apple pie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Absolutely, I've purchased 4 or 5 guns from Keith's. Best selection in PDX and he transfers my goodies for free.
    LOL

That does it. You guys still have guns - AND niche frags. My retirement destination has just changed!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL

That does it. You guys still have guns - AND niche frags. My retirement destination has just changed!
    Not to mention full nudity at our plethora of strip clubs. Not that I'd know.