Code of Conduct

Default recommend something for me to try in the spicy/woody NOT fruity type area?

Got some space & some space cash and feel like blowing some down my local Boots. My two favourite (and best suited to me imo) fragrances are Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme and Marc Jacobs Bang. So many fragrances out there are too fruity and/or sweet for me and I just don't like or suit that type of thing. I guess I prefer the "older" (I'm only 30!) masculine, and "more serious" type fragrances & personally think the fruity sweet types smell a bit young and metrosexual on me!

Any recommendations (of something that will generally be widely available in my local department store) would be much appriciated.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: recommend something for me to try in the spicy/woody NOT fruity type area?

How about Gucci pour Homme?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: recommend something for me to try in the spicy/woody NOT fruity type area?

"My two favourite (and best suited to me imo) fragrances are Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme and Marc Jacobs Bang"... I already have this stuff lol. Wearing it today in fact!

"My two favourite (and best suited to me imo) fragrances are Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme and Marc Jacobs Bang"...

=)

"My two favourite (and best suited to me imo) fragrances are Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme and Marc Jacobs Bang"...

Wow, triple post! Sorry about that! As I was saying, I already have that stuff. I'm wearing it today infact! lol

Since you're moving towards darker and more masculine stuff, why don't you try some dark leather? I love Knize Ten, though it's very hard to find. Bulgari Black would be a step in the direction.

cacio

What about Creed Santal... They don't have it in Boots but will do in House of Fraser.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    "My two favourite (and best suited to me imo) fragrances are Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme and Marc Jacobs Bang"... I already have this stuff lol. Wearing it today in fact!
    Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme and Gucci Pour Homme are two completely different fragrances.

This is the one I am referring to: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121989.html
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

terre d'hermes
    encre noire
    iso e super

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme and Gucci Pour Homme are two completely different fragrances.

This is the one I am referring to: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121989.html
    My mistake. That IS slightly confusing on Gucci's part though!

Go to the London Le Labo store and try the Rose 31 and Patchouli 24. Give them both time to dry down before you make a judgment.

Terre d'hermes is very simelar to Bang in the dry down, the opening I really don't like it's very organy and synthetic IMO, why I prefer Bang because of its peppery opening...

ALso although it gets a lot of bad press and no doubt I'll get flamed for using it you could look at Davidoff Hot, they have it in boots and if the price is right could be worth a punt. If you have cash to burn look at Creed Santal or Creed Vetiver (although that one is very fresh smelling [still organic]) as I mentioned before.

Blog Entries

Obsession for Men by Calvin Klein
    Santos de Cartier by Cartier
    Opium Pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    Tom Ford for Men by Tom Ford

Montale Wood & Spices