Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default Splits and buying decants

    Hey guys,

    Sorry for the noob question, but i see a lot of posts of members saying they purchased decants or did bottle splits with people. Where is this advertised at? For example i'm interested in a few Creeds and would be more then willing to do splits with someoen if they were looking for the same product.

    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Splits and buying decants

    Occasionally on the "For Sale" boards someone will advertise a split for a particuliar fragrance. You can always try and host a split, but being a new member I doubt that would be allowed. For small (1-8ml decants) you can always visit theperfumedcourt.com. You'll pay a lot more per ml than if you were purchasing a bottle, but it gives you an opportunity to sample things you otherwise would not be able to try before buying. Hope this helps.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Splits and buying decants

    Quote Originally Posted by sirsmellzalot View Post
    Occasionally on the "For Sale" boards someone will advertise a split for a particuliar fragrance. You can always try and host a split, but being a new member I doubt that would be allowed. For small (1-8ml decants) you can always visit theperfumedcourt.com. You'll pay a lot more per ml than if you were purchasing a bottle, but it gives you an opportunity to sample things you otherwise would not be able to try before buying. Hope this helps.
    Thanks, this clears it all up for me. I can understand being a new membor and this not being allowed or having to earn trust on a site first. Makes sense. I will use TPC to buy samples. even though it may be more per ML, it will be worth finding something you love that is bottle worthy

  4. #4
    Dependent morrison74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    2,160

    Default Re: Splits and buying decants

    If you want to save a few bucks, you could try Crystal Flacon:
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewforum....166c581a7f4678

    Quite a few honorable members from BN sell decants from there....I'm sure you will recognize some names after a little while!

    Sample as much as you can- that would be my only advice to you!
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

    Wanted



  5. #5

    Default Re: Splits and buying decants

    Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    If you want to save a few bucks, you could try Crystal Flacon:
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewforum....166c581a7f4678

    Quite a few honorable members from BN sell decants from there....I'm sure you will recognize some names after a little while!

    Sample as much as you can- that would be my only advice to you!
    Holy crap, first link i went to on that site was Dullah, and this guy has soooooo much stuff!

  6. #6
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Splits and buying decants

    There is also Scent Splits: http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  7. #7
    Dependent morrison74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    2,160

    Default Re: Splits and buying decants

    Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    Holy crap, first link i went to on that site was Dullah, and this guy has soooooo much stuff!
    Hear that DULLAH? Send my commission to the usual address please.

    persianprince- I apologize in advance to your wallet.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

    Wanted



  8. #8

    Default Re: Splits and buying decants

    Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    Hear that DULLAH? Send my commission to the usual address please.

    persianprince- I apologize in advance to your wallet.
    lmao

  9. #9

    Default Re: Splits and buying decants

    I also suggest this youtube splitter, here.

Similar Threads

  1. Buying decants (UK)
    By ThisIsFate in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 24th June 2012, 12:10 PM
  2. Marketplace question - decants/splits
    By Force of One in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 1st October 2010, 08:53 AM
  3. not buying any more decants just to sample
    By beachroses in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th September 2006, 12:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000