Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default CREED 250th Anniversary fragrance

... is coming out soon.

Nobody knows anything about it. No word on if it's a woman's perfume or a man's cologne or unisex. No word on price.

Only concrete detail is that it will only be available in a 250ml flacon.

This is NOT part of the Royal Exclusive line.

Last edited by GECKO; 16th December 2010 at 06:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: CREED 250th Anniversary fragrance

An official press release says the name will be: Imperial Green Tweedy Bird Irish Mountain-us Royal Millesime.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

yawn

They REALLY need to stop this 250ML flacon only release non-sense.

Windsor 3? <ducks>

250ml only? Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    An official press release says the name will be: Imperial Green Tweedy Bird Irish Mountain-us Royal Millesime.
    This is Hilarious!!! The 250ml is not a good idea in my opinion!!!
    Thanks for the laugh Grottola!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gecko88 View Post
    ... is coming out very soon. either this week or next.

Nobody knows anything about it. Folks at Creed Boutique are clueless. No word on if it's a woman's perfume or a man's cologne or unisex. No word on price.

Only concrete detail is that it will only be available in a 250ml flacon.

This is NOT part of the Royal Exclusive line.

let the usual CREED speculation/hype/haterade/accolades/controversy ensue!!!

Where is this info coming from?

250 years of what, exactly?

250 years of selling 250ml bottles at 250% mark up.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    250 years of what exactly?

I too would like to know where this information is coming from.

OK seriously people... the CREED bashing is SO OLD and TIRED.

I will never understand why people who don't like CREED insist on clicking threads about CREED and commenting anyway. ENOUGH!!!!

Rioni, why don't you start another thread dedicated to bashing CREED. it would be nice to keep this thread on point and sans hate for once.

Quote Originally Posted by philmcphe View Post
    I too would like to know where this information is coming from.
    it is mentioned in their "blog" on their website:

"Erwin CREED will visit the U.S. again this year from Paris, meeting clients and signing bottles at select Neiman Marcus stores across America and at Saks Fifth Avenue Dadeland in Florida.

Mr. CREED will have more information at that time about a new, unique, commemorative CREED offering, a capstone for the spectacular anniversary year."

The Creed Boutique confirmed this recently.

With the Royal Exclusives, the 2nd Batch of Windsor, and Aventus all being less than enthralling.....I can't say I'm exited about this release. Especially if the price is stupid high. The house has been falling off.

http://blog.creedboutique.com/breaki...r-celebration/

excerpt from that article

Erwin CREED, 29, seventh generation of the house and its designated future head, will visit the U.S. again this year from Paris, meeting clients and signing bottles at select Neiman Marcus stores across America and at Saks Fifth Avenue Dadeland in Florida.

Mr. CREED will have more information at that time about a new, unique, commemorative CREED offering, a capstone for the spectacular anniversary year
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

^^^ that's weird... because with Aventus, Windsor, and Spice & Wood... my anticipation and excitement for this (and the house in general) is sky high.

but hey... why wait until it's released? let's all just write this fragrance off as terrible and overpriced right now!

I will never understand why people who don't like CREED insist on clicking threads about CREED and commenting anyway. ENOUGH!!!!

Rioni, why don't you start another thread dedicated to bashing CREED. it would be nice to keep this thread on point and sans hate for once.
    I will gladly cease mocking Creed, just as soon as they quit giving new and inviting reasons to do it. 250 years of tailoring, 30 of perfume. That last batch of "Royal Warrants" were even better than the last; one that calls them tailors (surprise) and two that are entirely illegible. Bravo!

I dunno, unless they are claiming that they made scents for 250 years, why bag on them? Abercrombie and Fitch celebrate their long existence as well but I don't see people bagging on the new scents lol.

Who cares if it was 10 or 100 years if it smells good?

I like Mustangs AND Ferrari's both btw! bag on that!! darn haters
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

My little post was just a little joke. I don't get why everyone is so testy about this stuff... lighten
    If you are talking about my "250 years of what?" post... it was a little joke, not meant to bash or hate. Sorry if you took offense.

Many of us like several of their scents but find their inflated "history" to be kind of funny. Poking a little fun at that isn't necessarily bashing or hating. I poke fun at loved ones all the time for silly things they say, and vise verse. Also, as long as no one is breaking any rules, can't they post what they want? You could just as easily ignore the posts you don't like as well.
    Last edited by mrclmind; 13th December 2010 at 09:02 PM.

I also heard that the reported $1k 250th anniv. release was actually like a super duty Pochet crystal presentation of Love In White, from Luis several months ago.

Most of the posts I find on the internet with Commemorative in them for creed all show up as Windsor being the surprise 250th scent as in the one here:

For Creed’s 250th anniversary, which coincides with the planned opening of the New York store, the perfumer is releasing a commemorative fragrance from its archives. The 1936 creation, Windsor, will be available in limited edition leather wrapped, 1.7 oz. bottles for $405, and 8.4 oz. flacons numbered and signed by perfumer Olivier Creed, for $605. Windsor was originally created for the King Edward VIII (the Duke of Windsor), with ingredients from the British Empire. The worldly notes of Windsor consist of British gin, Jamaican lime, and Scottish highland pine top notes; a middle note of Duke of Windsor roses; and bottom notes of Bahamian orange, Canadian cedar, and Australian eucalyptus. Sounds like such a delectable scent, yet I would be still be hesitant to even open such a collectible item.

If there is more to come I have no idea I don't see much else about that.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I also heard that the reported $1k 250th anniv. release was actually like a super duty Pochet crystal presentation of Love In White, from Luis several months ago.
    i will be seriously disappointed if that is the case. can't imagine them doing that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    Most of the posts I find on the internet with Commemorative in them for creed all show up as Windsor being the surprise 250th scent as in the one here:

For Creed’s 250th anniversary, which coincides with the planned opening of the New York store, the perfumer is releasing a commemorative fragrance from its archives. The 1936 creation, Windsor, will be available in limited edition leather wrapped, 1.7 oz. bottles for $405, and 8.4 oz. flacons numbered and signed by perfumer Olivier Creed, for $605. Windsor was originally created for the King Edward VIII (the Duke of Windsor), with ingredients from the British Empire. The worldly notes of Windsor consist of British gin, Jamaican lime, and Scottish highland pine top notes; a middle note of Duke of Windsor roses; and bottom notes of Bahamian orange, Canadian cedar, and Australian eucalyptus. Sounds like such a delectable scent, yet I would be still be hesitant to even open such a collectible item.

If there is more to come I have no idea I don't see much else about that.
    dude... it's not Windsor... there is another fragrance coming out here in a little while. you won't find anything on the internet about it except for that blog excerpt by CREED.

I have no doubt there will be another fragrance coming out here in a little while from Creed seeing as in 30 years they are probably 50 scents in already!

I am only posting what I have seen just like the rest.

I am no Creed historian btw and I really have no idea how long they have been making clothes/perfume but with statements like the following I would think they had been making scents for much longer than 30 years. If they have NOT then I can see people poking fun I guess. You have to admit that sure sounds like they are saying that they made perfumes for these people in the 1800's at least.

A glamorous royal warrant in CREED’s 250-year archive came from Empress Elisabeth (“Sisi”) and her husband, Emperor Franz-Josef, a power couple who united Austria and Hungary into an empire they ruled jointly in the 1800′s. Throughout her long and eventful reign, Empress Sisi riveted the public with her dramatic, incomparable beauty and style.

Fine fragrance was, of course, part of her unique presence. For her, CREED made the floral masterpiece Fantasia de Fleurs, still available today.

For her husband, the emperor, CREED made Santal Imperial, a masculine statement in finest sandalwood still offered to CREED’s discerning clients.

I actually like the new releases from Creed including Aventus, Windsor, and Spice and Woods. My only disappointment is the high price and only selling some of them in 8.4 oz flacons. My other disappointment is discontinuing most of the Private Collection.
    I understand some of the Creed bashing, but it gets old. I like a lot of Creed fragrances, but I also like many other fragrances that are very different from what Creed makes.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I am no Creed historian btw and I really have no idea how long they have been making clothes/perfume but with statements like the following I would think they had been making scents for much longer than 30 years. If they have NOT then I can see people poking fun I guess. You have to admit that sure sounds like they are saying that they made perfumes for these people in the 1800's at least.

A glamorous royal warrant in CREED’s 250-year archive came from Empress Elisabeth (“Sisi”) and her husband, Emperor Franz-Josef, a power couple who united Austria and Hungary into an empire they ruled jointly in the 1800′s. Throughout her long and eventful reign, Empress Sisi riveted the public with her dramatic, incomparable beauty and style.

Fine fragrance was, of course, part of her unique presence. For her, CREED made the floral masterpiece Fantasia de Fleurs, still available today.

For her husband, the emperor, CREED made Santal Imperial, a masculine statement in finest sandalwood still offered to CREED’s discerning clients.
    Yes, there is a lot of controversy with all that. You can do a search on this topic and find a lot of opinions on both sides of the argument; That's as far as I want to go into the conversation because people get very upset if you question the validity of Creed's claims and it can get very, very nasty; something I have no desire to be in the middle of.

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    I actually like the new releases from Creed including Aventus, Windsor, and Spice and Woods. My only disappointment is the high price and only selling some of them in 8.4 oz flacons. My other disappointment is discontinuing most of the Private Collection.
    I understand some of the Creed bashing, but it gets old. I like a lot of Creed fragrances, but I also like many other fragrances that are very different from what Creed makes.
    Well said!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Yes, there is a lot of controversy with all that. You can do a search on this topic and find a lot of opinions on both sides of the argument; That's as far as I want to go into the conversation because people get very upset if you question the validity of Creed's claims and it can get very, very nasty; something I have no desire to be in the middle of.
    i don't care if you or anyone doesn't believe in CREED, or think they are responsible for WWII. but do the same trite comments/jokes have to be made in every freakin thread about CREED?!?

in fact, I believe there is a whole thread dedicated to what a fraud CREED is as a company. why don't Zizadanes and Rioni and everyone go in there and have a Creed-sux-a-thon?

i also find it a bit disingenuous for you to come in here, make a snarky comment about their history, then act shocked that Creed threads end up to be "very nasty". hmmmm.... why do you think that might be?!?

It will be for women. You heard it here first.

Xxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    Ok, now I don't have to hold out and now I can feel good with my considerations for Spice and Wood.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Ok, now I don't have to hold out and now I can feel good with my considerations for Spice and Wood.
    Spice and wood is not a bad scent at all,I keep debating myself if I want it or it. It is simple and one dimensional on my skin BUT it smells really good.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    is that a guess or do you gots inside infomashunz?

is that a guess or do you gots inside infomashunz?
    I have my sources.

i also find it a bit disingenuous for you to come in here, make a snarky comment about their history, then act shocked that Creed threads end up to be "very nasty". hmmmm.... why do you think that might be?!?
    I think it's perfectly valid for all points of view to be allowed to be posted in all threads in these forums. Creed forums are not open only to certain people on the boards. I like Creed. Some of their scents are absolutely gorgeous. I'm not a sycophant, however. Questioning their history claims is not being snarky or disingenuous, nor does it mean I dislike the company or the fragrances. If there was ever a place to question the history of the company, a thread on the 250th anniversary fragrance seems quite appropriate. I'm also anything but "shocked" that you are so upset that I even brought up the topic in the first place. But I just don't want to belabor the topic, which was why I said that I didn't want to get into any more about it on this thread; that's also why I recommended he use the search function to investigate this topic further if he was interested in delving deeper into the different sides of the argument. Hopefully that clears things up, and negates your suspicions that I had nefarious intentions.
    Last edited by mrclmind; 13th December 2010 at 11:31 PM.

I am no Creed historian btw and I really have no idea how long they have been making clothes/perfume but with statements like the following I would think they had been making scents for much longer than 30 years. If they have NOT then I can see people poking fun I guess.
    As explained by our very own The Good Life in a blog posting that surely gives Creed's marketing department a collective seizure when anyone reads it. Basically, yes, they used to make good clothes for a very long time, that's where the warrants come from. But there's no mention of them ever making fragrance until the 70s and it's the same general family but not the same company; look closely at their pre-1860 warrants and you'll notice they are given to "Creed and Cumberland" (which closed in 1860). Don't believe me? Look at their blog. Whoops, it's the only one you can't read! Have a closer look (they used to put this one from Napoleon on their packaging, still might) But don't worry, the good folks at Creed deny everything. It was a fun historical mystery but they should stick to selling perfume on merit alone (which some of them certainly have) and not historical fabrication.
    Last edited by Zizanioides; 14th December 2010 at 05:20 AM. Reason: doh! forgot the blog link, there ya go!

That is marketing at it's finest! simply amazing. Would you mind posting the link blog post?

Quote Originally Posted by rioni View Post
    That is marketing at it's finest! simply amazing. Would you mind posting the link blog post?
    I'm not sure about a blog, but I did find these threads: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/207...ed%27s+history

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/176...HOUSE-OF-CREED

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/171...maid%20measure

Quote Originally Posted by Zizanioides View Post
    As explained by our very own The Good Life in a blog posting that surely gives Creed's marketing department a collective seizure when anyone reads it. Basically, yes, they used to make good clothes for a very long time, that's where the warrants come from. But there's no mention of them ever making fragrance until the 70s and it's the same general family but not the same company; look closely at their pre-1860 warrants and you'll notice they are given to "Creed and Cumberland" (which closed in 1860). Don't believe me? Look at their blog. Whoops, it's the only one you can't read! Have a closer look (they used to put this one from Napoleon on their packaging, still might) But don't worry, the good folks at Creed deny everything. It was a fun historical mystery but they should stick to selling perfume on merit alone (which some of them certainly have) and not historical fabrication.
    Yes, it obviously says "Creed and Cumberland" on the warrant. Funny that they deny the very thing they published.

Moderators... please just close this thread. seriously. i'm sorry i started it. i should have known better.

i wanted to talk about the FRAGRANCE being released very soon. Not start another anti-CREED orgy among the usual suspects.

thanks

Please don't close the thread. I don't think anyone is being out of line. I think it's good to have a discourse rather than allowing people who question things to be vilified and called "Suspects."

Please don't close the thread. I don't think anyone is being out of line. I think it's good to have a discourse rather than allowing people who question things to be vilified and called "Suspects."
    really? well i think it's appropriate to stick to the subject as described in the title and first post.

i did not create this thread to discuss CREED's history or lackthereof. as I said, there is already a thread dedicated to laughing at CREED's obvious forgery of origin and bask in the superiority you feel while doing it.

THIS thread is about the fragrance coming out here shortly. Do you, mrclmind, have any thoughts or knowledge of the FRAGRANCE?!?!?

really? well i think it's appropriate to stick to the subject as described in the title and first post.

i did not create this thread to discuss CREED's history or lackthereof. as I said, there is already a thread dedicated to laughing at CREED's obvious forgery of origin and bask in the superiority you feel while doing it.

THIS thread is about the fragrance coming out here shortly. Do you, mrclmind, have any thoughts or knowledge of the FRAGRANCE?!?!?
    I don't have any information gecko88, and it seems like no one else does either. I do see your point that I wasn't talking about the actual fragrance. I'll bow out.

I think it would have been a better idea to start a thread once there was more info available.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 14th December 2010 at 01:52 AM.

Let me understand something here, there isn't one English historian that can prove or disprove Creed's business history. No documents, licenses or patents for any products they have made over the last 250 years? Really?
    - Expect the unexpected

I vote that this thread isn't closed. Reading the controversy and healthy discussion is what a forum is all about, right?

I think the complaint had to do with staying on topic... so perhaps someone will start a topic about Creed history.

I think the complaint had to do with staying on topic... so perhaps someone will start a topic about Creed history.
    Bah... staying on topic is overrated. With that said... if this is for women, it means that my pockets can release a sigh of relief. After Aventus, Windsor and a decant of Spice and Wood, I need a break.

Sur la Plage

So if this new Creed release is a woman's fragrance, can it be worn by a man?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    And if so, does it mean you're gay?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    And what about the side effects? Is it true you'll develop breasts and an hourglass figure?

To help fete the house of Creed's 250th anniversary, 1,000 numbered bottles were created. They contain 100 millilitres of juice specifically made for the celebration and are to be sold at approximately $1,500 each.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Very nice read. Thanks

Thank you, nsamadi. I initially thought this (100 ml for $1,500.00) was a joke, but obviously it was not.

Read carefully, this article confirms that, under "new management," this perfume house becomes more and more another -- greedy, snobbish, to-hell-with-quality-and-faithful-clientele -- cynical racket meant to serve exclusively African dictators, Russian mafiosi and assorted figures.

One blatant lie in the article: Creed cannot anymore boast of using more than 50% natural elements in all their perfumes. Tellingly so, in old articles they used to claim the highest percentage of natural elements among commercial perfume brands. Now they've reduced their claims... but even the 50% mark is not truthfully being met by Aventus and other recent Creed creations. While I trust people like Dullah more than I trust myself when it comes to the separation and analysis of single fragrant notes, I can assert rather confidently that both new Creeds and newly re-formulated "old" Creeds go the synthetic way to an increasing, upsetting, and - given the brand's claims - deeply hypocritical degree.

For shame.

$1,500?!?!?

haha

and the '250yrs of what' comment had me literally LOL

single handedly owning this thread

i too would like some discussion into the validity of Creed claims. I have my favs, MI, Orig Vetiver, Royal Water, GIT but seriously have a hard time overpaying for Penhaligon quality splashes. The thing that did it for me was Sublime Vanille - absolutely pitiful scent not worthy of the flacon overprice hype. No substance. Like discovering there is no Santa Claus, I'm starting to cast serious doubt upon Creed.
    Last edited by shadidahs; 24th December 2010 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert G. View Post
    Very nice read. Thanks
    Yes, the article is interesting. Particularly the sale figures and the statement that Creed distribution in the US began about 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    GTFOH.
    $1500.00 for 100ml.....I splurge plenty but no perfume or cologne is worth that, and there is literally almost no way I could buy this and respect myself. Especially since Sublime Vanille, Spice and Wood, Windsor 2, and Aventus were not up to par at all qualitatively or compositionally with the Eaux De Toillette line or the Millesime Line. I deeply suspect either a new perfumer or Erwin himself is really responsible for the seemingly upcoming demise of this house as we know it. Someone spill the beans some more about this "New Management"

And just for everyone to know:

Creed sprayers usually spray heavy, taking around 8 sorays to dispense 1ml of juice...that means the per spray cost for this 100ml presentation:

~$1.80 PER SPRAY

$15 per ml.

nonsense. f#@k them
    Last edited by DULLAH; 24th December 2010 at 07:24 PM.

Agree with Dullah. It may actually be pure perfume though, which would make it seem a bit less outrageous. albeit still outrageous.