Code of Conduct

Question Absolue pour le Soir vs. Lumiere Noire Pour Homme (Francis Kurkdjian)??

Hello~ Which one would you recommend for someone who wears C&S no.88
    and Washington Tremlett Black Tie?

I've tried Le Labo rose31, but it was too weak for my skin. It lasts an hour.
    I do not like green, fresh and sweet scent. I perfer dark, spicy rose with musk.
    <Montle Aoud Damascus and Tauer's desert moraccaine are bit strong and makes me headache.>

But I like to gradually change my perfume while facing 30 years of age.
    Toward little bit of classic and more elegant.

I love blind shopping, which is soly rely on perfume lovers' point of view and their expression.

Thank you

ps. If the above perfumes are not suitable for me, could you recommend other
    niche perfume??

Default Re: Absolue pour le Soir vs. Lumiere Noire Pour Homme (Francis Kurkdjian)??

Luminere Noire hands down. If you're looking for an amber frag you can do much, much better than le Soir. LM may take a couple of test wearings to get into it - did for me. Its dry muskiness kept drawing me in deeper & deeper eventhough it reminded me of the soapiness of SL l'eau at first. I absolutely love the stuff - it lasts forever on my skin & has very good sillage + raises its head to remind me it's still around hours later. Then again, I could just be an artemesia freak.
    Last edited by SoGent; 14th December 2010 at 01:34 AM.

Default Re: Absolue pour le Soir vs. Lumiere Noire Pour Homme (Francis Kurkdjian)??

Homage Attar by Amouage.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Homage Attar by Amouage.
    Wow .... go big or stay home huh ?

Lumiere Noire Pour Homme is the best of a very good line IMHO. I also own and very much enjoy APOM pour homme, and have samples of the rest.

If you enjoy darker scents like Dior's Eau Noire then I'd recommend pour Soir. I found it well done but can't deal with the "fur" notes.
    Last edited by jathanas; 14th December 2010 at 03:46 AM.

LNPH x 1000! It's seriously one of the best, most versatile fragrances ever!
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Sur la Plage

Without any doubt, Absolue pour le Soir.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Honestly, I actually don't like either, and I think they're both overrated.

Last edited by Descartes; 30th January 2012 at 10:05 AM.

Ooh Descartes... I sent you the le Soir sample, didn't I? hehe.... my apologies :-) But you describe it so eloquently it was worth the postage!!!

Now off to find my own 'pup and piss' scent
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Agreed!

I'd recommend APOM Pour Homme as its style is really close to that of C&S (except its done better). Lumiere Noire PH is close enough too.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Lumiere Noire.

Absolue pour le soir is a bit "dirty" but in a good way. It's really intense!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
    Lumiere Noire Pour Homme . Absolue pour le Soir is like acid rain falling in a dunghill with a baby diaper buried inside, also shares the same pup and piss qualities of Kouros and the Iris, Woody, Vanilla notes of Liú by Guerlain ,is a perfume for a connoisseur. Lumiere Noir as said here is more flexible and masculine.
    I guess people must like baby diaper smell. Absolue pour le soir is my number one compliment getter for sure. I have men asking me what I'm wearing, and then make me write it down so they can buy a bottle. Lumiere Noire is a watered down celebrity smell alike IMO. It's more versatile, but so is Gendarme.

I own both.
    I recommend both highly.
    But when push comes to shove, there is no pushing, there is no shoving.
    It's AplS all the way baby!

AplS is edgier, Lumiere Noire is less edgy but just as nice.

It's not an "A vs B" thing.

They're both nice frags from a line that hasn't produced any turkeys.

My personal preference is for Lumiere Noire (i.e. my neardenthal nose likes it more), it doesn't mean it's a better frag.

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Lumiere Noire.

Absolue pour le soir is a bit "dirty" but in a good way. It's really intense!!
    Agreed. LM is the winner. At the opening it comes across very feminine almost with it's rose, but after drydown (15-30 mins) it just gets magical. It's #1 choice from this house to me.

Absolue PLS has too much of that animalistic (some said diaper/dungheap lol) thing going on. Agreed. I had a good size sample and just couldn't get to work for me in any situation.

ON THE OTHER HAND the COLOGNE Pour Le Soir is a winner, and my number #2 choice following Lumiere Noire Pour Homme in this line. THe Cologne just has a great intimate vibe. Perfect intimate date/bedroom fragrance, applied sparingly. Only downside is it only comes in a giant 200mL bottle for like $200. That's so much more than I'll ever use. I'll be buying a decant of Cologne Pour Le Soir.

However a bought a whole brand new bottle of Lumiere Noire Pour Homme. My top two uses for it are date nights and dance clubs. Which is interesting because to me usually the more 'intimate' fragrances fare poorly in a high energy club environment, but this works for me in both.

APLS!
    By a margin.
    Smellin good

APLS by far. LM is nice but a little too simple , or 2D if you will, for a Francis K. Creation IMO.

Lumiere Noire Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Agreed
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    I'd recommend APOM Pour Homme as its style is really close to that of C&S (except its done better). Lumiere Noire PH is close enough too.
    I love APOM as well but the choice was APLS of LNPH.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

Absolue pour le Soir--but for those who don't like it because they get turned off by the animalic note at the top (I personally love it), I recommend waiting 1-2 hours after application and then see if you still don't like it...

APLS opens very strong, but mellows into something wonderful after a half an hour or so. I also found it to be strikingly similar to MKK with its honeyed rose accord.

Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    Absolue pour le Soir--but for those who don't like it because they get turned off by the animalic note at the top (I personally love it), I recommend waiting 1-2 hours after application and then see if you still don't like it...
    Yeah but who wants to wait 2 hours to smell good? That takes a lot of planning in your day to time your cologne just right. I've got better things to do. I want to spray it and go, and smell good inside of 15-20 mins for any drydown.

Quote Originally Posted by fsface View Post
    Yeah but who wants to wait 2 hours to smell good? That takes a lot of planning in your day to time your cologne just right. I've got better things to do. I want to spray it and go, and smell good inside of 15-20 mins for any drydown.
    Yes I understand this reasoning--I personally like the top notes, but if you really can't stand them it's a tough demand I suppose. But damn the drydown is good.

Lumiere Noire Pour Homme - what I like to smell the most on my bf, more than any other fragrance. I keep telling him to buy himself some. I'll probably get him a bottle for his birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    APLS by far. LM is nice but a little too simple , or 2D if you will, for a Francis K. Creation IMO.
    I take this back.

I love love both equally. After intensively testing a lot of rose & patchouli perfumes, this one stands out.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    APLS!
    By a margin.
    I take this back as well, I now prefer Apom slightly over LN over APLS.
    Smellin good

APLS is still my favorite of the line, but I'm growing quite fond of APOM.

APLS and LNPH are quite different.

Since C&S No. 88, Black Tie and Rose 31 are name-checked in the original query, I would say Lumiere Noir is the one to go for.

Another niche recommendation, keeping in line with the masculine/unisex rose theme, would be Lyric Man. Maybe Paestum Rose?

I own an FB of Lumiere Noire pH, and I think it would probably match what you're looking for. Unlike what others have written here, it did not grow on me, though: I started out liking it a lot but got pretty tired of it quite quickly. It's a good one, but not great. To me it now smells very retro, very old school - in fact, it may just be what you're looking for, if I understand your reference to turning 30 correctly :-)
    I second Rafflesia's excellent suggestion: Eau d'Italie's Paestum Rose might be another interesting option for you.