Code of Conduct

Default Heeley - Any recommendations

Hi all,

yesterday I sampled Heeley's St. Clement's and liked it so much that I ordered it. What other fragrances from this house should I look for?

Default Re: Heeley - Any recommendations

Anything. My favourite so far are Cuir Pleine Fleur, Sel Marin and Cardinal but any of them worth at least a try. If you're into discreet fragrances you can't miss Heeley's creations.

CPF is apparently simple but very complex indeed, could be able to explain aerospace engineering to an infant!

Sel Marin This (together with Tirrenico by Profumi Del Forte) is what an Aquatic Fragrance should smell like in 2011. No Cool Water clones.

Cardinal Citrusy Frankincense. Transparent, confortable and absolutely compelling.
    Last edited by alfarom; 22nd May 2011 at 09:59 AM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Sur la Plage

Cuir Pleine Fleur is the best of the line IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Cuir Pleine Fleur

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Sel Marin This (together with Tirrenico by Profumi Del Forte) is what an Aquatic Fragrance should smell like in 2011. No Cool Water clones.

Cardinal Citrusy Frankincense. Transparent, confortable and absolutely compelling.
    This. Sel Marin is the only aquatic I own.

Anything. My favourite so far are Cuir Pleine Fleur, Sel Marin and Cardinal but any of them worth at least a try. If you're into discreet fragrances you can't miss Heeley's creations.

CPF is apparently simple but very complex indeed, could be able to explain aerospace engineering to an infant!

This really.
    While I love florals and leather,Cuir Pleine Fleur was too gentle to my nose.

Sel marin sounds intersting. Unfortunately the shop in Munich that has Heeley only opens on Friday and Saturday, so will have to wait a few days to sample it.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Sel Marin is my pick. I used to enjoy Cuir Pleine Fleur but not as much these days... Cardinal's way too bland for my taste. Shd give the other Heeleys a chance too. I thought Menthe Fraiche is nice.

I'll throw Figuier into the mix. A very nice fig in my opinion.

Still not convinced any are really worth the price tag, but that's a separate issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Still not convinced any are really worth the price tag, but that's a separate issue.
    That's about where I am with the line, too. All worth sampling though.

I must confess that I found Cardinal to be a shrieking horror of a thing when I first sniffed it on paper. Don't know if I can bring myself to go back any time soon.

Ah, who am I kidding? I always go back for the weird ones...

Cuir Pleine Fleur is very nice but not worth the big bucks. Cardinal is a very good Frankincense churchy fragrance that is to much like a work of art to actually be worn in public.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Spirit of the Tiger. Of the ones I've sampled, this is the one that is closest to FBW for me.

CPF, Sel Marin and Menthe Fraiche are also worth trying

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Cuir Pleine Fleur is the best of the line IMO.
    +1.

Anything.
    Agree.

Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Try Fresh Mint!

I have a sample of Iris Nuit. I really like it but is too light .It doesn't last long.

Really, the whole line is worth sampling, imo. My favorites are Sel Marin and Ophelia. But with decants around, I don't see much need to purchase a full bottle of either one.

Off-Scenter

Cuir Pleine Fleur, Sel Marin, and Iris de Nuit are my favorites from the line. Ophelia is a wonderful floral scent, but beyond even my tuberose-tolerant comfort zone for personal use. My wife may get some when her bottle of Fleurissimo runs out, however...

Iris de Nuit is beautiful.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Got my bottle of St. Clement's (love it) today along with three samples:

Sel marin: Disappointed, I get a "fishy" note, won't buy
    Verveine; Yuck, I don't want to smell like pizza topping
    Menthol fraiche: okay, but already weak after 30 minutes. How does it compare against gerannium pour monsieur?

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndySais View Post
    Menthol fraiche: okay, but already weak after 30 minutes. How does it compare against gerannium pour monsieur?
    Not even close in my opinion. Geranium Pour Monsieur is a much better constructed fragrance. There is mint to it, but, that is not all that is there. I got a maximum of a couple hours out of Menthe Fraiche, GPM lasts all day on me. I have made the connection here before, but, MF smells almost identical to Method brand's mint hand soap, and lasts almost as long. GPM is an incredible fragrance, easily one of my top scents.

Thank you. Next one I have to check out from Heeley is Spirit of the tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    I'm with you on that one. They are all really nice fragrances, bot none with much oomph.

It's a bit like one of those very pretty pretty goody goody ladies with perfect make up, matching things and high class manners.

You just feel like going there and messing their hair
    └ l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

I didn't really care for Sel Marin, the anise note just didn't seem to really fit.
    Oranges and Lemons was nice and I considered it but, I went with Orange Sanguine for my orange fragrance.
    Menthe Fraiche was gorgeous, but the longevity was pretty bad from what I sampled but then again it was a sample so I plan on making a better judgment in the future.
    I haven't tried any others yet so far.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Sel Marin is an exceptional aquatic.

Quote Originally Posted by calero View Post
    Sel Marin is an exceptional aquatic.
    Agree, I'd swim in it if I could.

I've also been enjoying its moody cousin: Tirrenico.