Code of Conduct

Default Woods of windsor for men

Help! I need a replacement for Woods of Windsor for Men. I became hooked on it and they've discontinued the original. The replacement is different (I haven't smelled it yet) and it is not available in the U.S.

thank you!
    Corvida

Default Re: Woods of windsor for men

Sorry to hear that. "Discontinued" can mean many things. Has Woods of Windsor (the company) stopped making it? Your post is unclear. Or has your shop stopped carrying it. Many times a SA will give complete BS because they really don't know better.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Checked further into it -- welcome to the wonderful world of reformulations! I guess you'll have to either sample the new juice and see how it compares, or track down some vintage juice on ebay or internet sellers. Good luck, it is a nice dry fragrance.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I used to own a bottle of this like ten years ago. This is a really good scent. I saw this in a British gift shop in my town the other day, and it has a different bottle than the one I had, so I'm assuming it's a reissue. I took a whiff of it, and it basically smells the same as the original - really woody, dark and smoky, and very aristocratic. The only difference I could smell was that it was just a little less strong than the original, and a tad drier or thinner smelling. I wouldn't get worked up about this, because this new version stays pretty true to the original. I might buy a bottle.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    ...it basically smells the same as the original - really woody, dark and smoky, and very aristocratic. The only difference I could smell was that it was just a little less strong than the original, and a tad drier or thinner smelling.
    Good description of the original, shamu1. Your description of the reformulation sounds like it is an acceptable version. Good news.
    odysseusm

Thank you to all of you who have replied. Yes, they've reformulated the original and have added patchouli to it. I haven't smelled it yet. I can buy the after shave from online stores (including Woods of Windsor) in England but they can't mail the eau de toilette. Not sure if that means stores in the U.S. also can't get it or not yet. No stores in the U.S. have the eau de toilette, even the new one. A couple have the aftershave and have jacked up the price due to the difficulty in obtaining it.

Same thing happened with Gucci Nobile! Why is it that the two fragrances I get hooked on, get changed?

????
    Corvida

Quote Originally Posted by Corvida View Post

Same thing happened with Gucci Nobile! Why is it that the two fragrances I get hooked on, get changed?

????
    Corvida
    I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but if you miss Gucci Nobile so much, just order yourself a bottle of Nobile Royalty by Alexander da Costa. It's really inexpensive (like $15 for a 3.4 oz. EDP!!!), smells terrific, and smells almost identical to Nobile. If you have trouble finding it online, drop me a PM and I'll direct you to a few online shops.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.