Code of Conduct

Default fake? - chanel allure homme sport (pics inside)

Hi all, first let me say I wish I was making my first post because of other, nicer circumstances.

Now, I decided to buy Chanle Allure Homme Sport and since, like everything in my country, it's 2 times more expensive I decided to go online. Couldn't find it anywhere except, you guessed it eBay. The price was 67,50$ and since I saw on chanel.com it costs 72$ I figured that's an OK price and not too good to be true. The item was advertised as genuine, brand new with cellophane wrapping, etc. The seller was communicative and I figured it was all OK.

So, after 10 days the item arrived. On the outside looked perfect, wrapped neatly and everything looked fine. Pics:

Inside...the bottle showed some signs of ware. It still seems authentic, even though I never had this perfume so I can't judge. It has some small scratches on it, very minor, and the "O" on sport was a little bit jaded. See pic.

Also, there was some signs of ware on the cap, as well as a noticeable scratch on the bottom of it.

I said OK, so maybe it was opened, tried a little and put back in. I can live with that. However, after using the perfume, I was shocked to see the longevity of the fragrance was really poor and that is my biggest gripe. I put 2 sprays on the neck, three on the chest, one on each wrist and after 2h, I can't smell absolutely nothing. I read everywhere that the longevity of this perfume was anywhere between 6-10h.

I took some pics of the nozzle and bottom of the bottle. I was under the impression there should be a serial number on the bottle but I can't see one.

Can anyone who has this perfume give a verdict, does this look authentic? I'm really pissed because with shipping this cost around 85$.

Cheers!

Default Re: fake? - chanel allure homme sport (pics inside)

The serial number should be on the back of the bottle near the top. Mine is J255. Also the sticker on the bottom looks exactly the same as mine. The only thing that looks different from my bottle is the nozzle. Yours is white, mines is black.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Nope, there is absolutely nothing on the back of the bottle.

Heres a pic of the Serial location and nozzle.

ugh links to pics arnt working for me so here

http://img684.imageshack.us/i/11300166.jpg/
    http://img826.imageshack.us/i/91518928.jpg/

edit - double post

Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    Heres a pic of the Serial location and nozzle.

ugh links to pics arnt working for me so here

http://img684.imageshack.us/i/11300166.jpg/
    http://img826.imageshack.us/i/91518928.jpg/
    Nope, there's nothing like that on the bottle. It's all clear on the back.

Perhaps this is a tester...still doesn't explain why it lasts so short.

testers come in different boxes and they also have serial numbers on them. It maybe a fake.

testers come in different boxes and they also have serial numbers on them. It maybe a fake.
    Damn..that sucks so much.

I just checked shipping costs to send it back...it's like 35$, which means 35$ lost. I doubt eBay will refund that to me if I win the dispute.

you should tell the seller you want your $$ back b/c its a fake. Sometimes, the seller will refund and let you keep the bottle b/c it is a fake.

you should tell the seller you want your $$ back b/c its a fake. Sometimes, the seller will refund and let you keep the bottle b/c it is a fake.
    I have already left positive feedback though. I was away when it came by post and my Mom received it(sad it looked good) and I left positive feedback(like a fool). I can still follow up on the feedback to warn others or file a dispute.

What's the best way to proceed, file a dispute right away or try and contact the seller?

contact the seller first see if you can get a refund straight up. If the seller doesnt refund, file a dispute.

Thanks for the help, I just sent him a message. Will let you know how it all goes.

Sorry for the inconvenience

We are willing to give you full refund (without shipping fee), If you return the item.

that was their reply. I told them I won't have it, losing 30$ for something which was not my fault. I warned them they're abusing eBay policies and if they require the item back, they need to pay for the shipping.

why is shipping $30? did the seller make shipping $30?

why is shipping $30? did the seller make shipping $30?
    No, the shipping when I bought it was around 14$.

It would cost me around 30$ to send it back to the seller. Like I said, everything is more expensive in my country, including postage expenses. The seller wants me to pay for the return of the item, in order to give me a refund...I would accept that if I made a mistake, if I ordered something wrong, etc. But it's his fault, he sold me a fake, so he should carry that expense.

Regardless of it maybe being a fake, the contents are damaged.

Blog Entries

You need to file a complaint under "item not as described". Do not send it back.
    I *think* that's for paypal, not eBay, but regardless - do not give this person an opportunity to resell the fake. Report it to eBay as well. I do believe it is fake due to the cap and the "O" on the bottle - the bottom edging also looks dodgy to me. The box itself seems legit though so it might be the sellers supplier that's dishonest. This has happened to me before.
    It doesn't really matter - the item is definitely not as described and you do not want to spend money to return it.

Postage is super high in my country too plus we have to send by land and sea to return because sending fragrances by air is illegal. That takes months. I have only ever returned within my own country.

Good luck and welcome to basenotes! xD
    He isn't poor because he lacks money but because everything he wants is unobtainable ...

My name is KaL - EL - EL - L - L - L ! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    You need to file a complaint under "item not as described". Do not send it back.
    I *think* that's for paypal, not eBay, but regardless - do not give this person an opportunity to resell the fake. Report it to eBay as well. I do believe it is fake due to the cap and the "O" on the bottle - the bottom edging also looks dodgy to me. The box itself seems legit though so it might be the sellers supplier that's dishonest. This has happened to me before.
    It doesn't really matter - the item is definitely not as described and you do not want to spend money to return it.

Postage is super high in my country too plus we have to send by land and sea to return because sending fragrances by air is illegal. That takes months. I have only ever returned within my own country.

Good luck and welcome to basenotes! xD
    Yes, that's what I was thinking as well. Why would he want it back when it's obviously fake. I'm certain now because I sprayed my just my one wrist twice yesterday, just for testing, after 2h I could smell absolutely nothing even if I put my nose right on it. Even 4 times cheaper smells can be felt after that...

I opened a dispute "item not as decribed" on eBay and wrote pretty much everything we summed up here; reasons why I think it's fake and provided pics of the shady looking/damaged bottle. I am giving the seller the benefit of a doubt in case he was a victim of a scam, but I am not interested in paying for the return shipment. I contacted the seller before the purchase, he assured me it was authentic, I payed immediately so I have really done no wrong here..he can not request me to pay to send it back.

What do you guys think, should I follow up on my feedback immediately or wait till this is resolved?

And thank again for all the help and for the welcome, you guys are really great.

you should file a dispute on paypal too. I havnt filed a dispute in a long time but I remember it use to freeze the person's account from being able to receive or send money. (This may have happened through ebay idk)

Good news! We let the seller know the item wasn't as described, and the seller issued you a full refund. This case is now closed.

Refund information:
    A full refund of $80.95 was issued on Dec 15, 2010. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping.

Just received this message!

I received a confirmation e-mail by PayPal as well. How does this refund work, will it be reduced from my credit card bill or will it go to my PayPal account? The balance of the account is 0 but the payment is refunded, I guess they will just reduce the amount on my next credit card statement.

Quote Originally Posted by tkovla View Post
    Good news! We let the seller know the item wasn't as described, and the seller issued you a full refund. This case is now closed.

Refund information:
    A full refund of $80.95 was issued on Dec 15, 2010. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping.

Just received this message!

I received a confirmation e-mail by PayPal as well. How does this refund work, will it be reduced from my credit card bill or will it go to my PayPal account? The balance of the account is 0 but the payment is refunded, I guess they will just reduce the amount on my next credit card statement.
    That's great news, im glad it worked out OK for you in the end.

Damn those counterfeits!

Quote Originally Posted by TMA View Post
    That's great news, im glad it worked out OK for you in the end.

Damn those counterfeits!
    Indeed. But damn, it's a really good looking counterfeit...incredible how much effort goes into those. Too bad they don't put the same effort in the scent.

I just checked on some local forums, refunds are given towards the credit card and my next statement should be reduced by that amount.

Once again a big THANK YOU to all of you. You've been a huge help and if it weren't for you, I'd be stuck with a perfume that has weaker longevity than an Old Spice deodorant.

If your paypal says $0, it went back to your creditcard/bank account. Good luck on your future purchases and enjoy your stay here =]

Blog Entries

Great news tkovla!
    I'm happy to hear that you are not out of pocket for this horrible experience. While the money is one thing, for me it's just as much about not getting the fragrance I want. It's sad and annoying. D:

The fakes are amazing - I got a Dior fake once that was really good. The box was 100% genuine. The plastic had been replaced but sometimes they do that on the grey market so didn't think too much of it. The bottle was almost exact but when I sprayed it it was "... O_O!!! What the ... THATS NOT RIGHT!" Then I closely examined the bottle - it was pretty close to the real thing but there were tiny little things that became obvious once you knew. At first glance though, I would not have picked it.

I chalked it up to part of the 'live-and-learn' experience when dealing with eBay-ers. Now I'm a lot more careful! xD

Good luck on your new search for Allure Homme Sport!!
    He isn't poor because he lacks money but because everything he wants is unobtainable ...

My name is KaL - EL - EL - L - L - L ! D:

Yeah, I really had my heart set on this Allure Sport. And I can't seem to find it anywhere online that ships internationally...only eBay and I'm not eager to try my luck there again. I think I'll try some local store, maybe they sell testers a little cheaper.

Or I'll switch my choice to something else...but I can't decide what.

Next time go to fragrancenet, fragrancex, strawberrynet and beautive.
    All of them have prices even lower than ebay, and you can avoid this situations.
    And all of then ship wordwide!

Thanks for the suggestion, will definitely bookmark those sites.

Beautive has it for 86$ with free shipping, that's a decent price, but it's unboxed/marked. WHat does that mean?