Code of Conduct
    AromiErotici

Default Ungaro III (reformulated) question about box and bottle differences

I have been thinking of adding Ungaro III to the drobe as of late and after looking, I have noticed numerous bottle and box differences.

I have had the original formula of Ungaro III, so I'm not referring to that. Just how many renditions are there of this?.......and is one of them the best? Are they all made in Italy?

If I buy a 50ml, I want it to at least be the best reformulation out there. Thanks.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ungaro III (reformulated) question about box and bottle differences

To my knowledge, there are two editions of the "made in Italy" reformulations: The first in the same flowery/coloured box as the "made in France", and then the latest black box edition.

Perhaps it is just "wishful-smelling" on my part, but the first reformulation smells deeper.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Yes,
    1) The colored cap and bottle with the marblized/floral box, made in Italy. This is the original; considered vintage.
    2) The black bottle/gold trim in marblized/floral box made in France.
    3) The latest is the black bottle/gold trim in black box (I'm assuming made in France also).

I don't know if there's a difference in the juice between #2 and #3. Maybe someone can clarify that part.

the color of the cap is the real indicator. it should be red. however, some of the ones which have red caps would show it's made in Italy. i suspect it's a part of the lot when the transition was happening and the reformulation hadnt come to effect. im not sure if Xmen still has some in stock...the one he has is the Vintage one.

however, red cap which say's Made in france is still considered to be the ultimate one..allegedly the best version there is ( i havent sampled this version)

The current one is so emaciated as a trace of the original They sucked the very soul out of it. The drydown is unbearable to me.
    I can't wear it anymore. Tried it twice last month and was very disappointed. The drydown smells as cheap as the fragrances and knockoffs you find in hypermarkets. The geranium in the top notes itself is much dryer than before and all that dark lushness is gone.

double post.

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post

I have had the original formula of Ungaro III, so I'm not referring to that. Just how many renditions are there of this?.......and is one of them the best? Are they all made in Italy?.
    When they first came out on the market I bought all three in 100ml spray size and they were all made in France (engraved on the bottle). I - green top; II yellow top; III red top. Only years later (don't know exactly when) were they manufactured in Italy. As far as which one is better - can't say because I like them all.