Code of Conduct

Question Creed Bois de Cedrat

I am interested in trying Bois de Cedrat as I am interested in any classical citrus. I was wondering how it compares to others like Selection Verte and Citrus Bigaradde both of which I have and use often.

Default Re: Creed Bois de Cedrat

The primary redeeming characteristic of Creed Bois de Cedrat is how dry it is. Very clean and green, citrus opening with a dry cedar basenote for an ultra crisp finish. There are no musky surprise notes like most of the Guerlain's (e d Imperiale, e d Coq, e d Guerlain) have going for them. Problem is it doesn't last long. After a couple hours it hides as a close to the skin scent that you will only smell again when you perspire or reapply. It is similar to but not nearly as long lasting as Nicolai Cedrat Intense.

Zero longevity and very linear........ that said, it's a very nice scent while it lasts.

+1 to all of the above. Great smelling juice, no longevity. I'd consider a purchase, but it just doesn't last.

Blog Entries

Yes, it's great. The perfect scent for seafood luncheons, spring afternoons, summer evenings, bedtime, hot days.... This is actually the scent that got me hooked on Creeds. I just couldn't "get" Creed at all, really, until I tried this. I love this as much as my EDC Imperiale, and in much the same way. It's much closer to that than to the other citrus Creeds, IMO, in terms of overall feel, which is very light. My Neroli Sauvage seems much more substantial, and it's not exactly a heavy citrus.

All above commentators have it right. It's more cedar-ish than Creed's other citruses, of course. Still, a bright citrus open, linear development, short-lived pleasure. In the end, a very nice ride. Recommended if you're a fan of old-world elegance. The high-quality feel is worth it, IMO.

Selection Verte is more mint than citrus - no comparison. Citrus Bigarrade has more substantial mid and basenotes. Neroli Sauvage is my favorite, featuring more of a lemon custard take on citrus. See also Zeste Mandarin Pamplemousse, yet another Creed take on citrus notes. Creed does citrus very, very well.
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 15th December 2010 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Yes, it's great. The perfect scent for seafood luncheons, spring afternoons, summer evenings, bedtime, hot days.... This is actually the scent that got me hooked on Creeds. I just couldn't "get" Creed at all, really, until I tried this. I love this as much as my EDC Imperiale, and in much the same way. It's much closer to that than to the other citrus Creeds, IMO, in terms of overall feel, which is very light. My Neroli Sauvage seems much more substantial, and it's not exactly a heavy citrus.
    I also agree that it's got a similarity to Guerlain EDC Imperiale, which I love but get ZERO longevity from. I actually get very good longevity from Bois de Cedrat. It's a very COOL citrus as opposed to warm citrus like Neroli Sauvage. It's citrus that has just come in from walking in a rainstorm, dewy and cool. I also find an accord not unlike original chapstick in it, which I like.

I can't compare it to Bigarrade or Selection Verte, but it's one of my top citrus scents. It feels very simple and natural. Your experience may vary, but I have no problems with it in the longevity department.

The cedrat is nice, but short-lived.

On me, the base wood notes seemed to stay close to the skin, but were well done.

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    I am interested in trying Bois de Cedrat as I am interested in any classical citrus. I was wondering how it compares to others like Selection Verte and Citrus Bigaradde both of which I have and use often.
    nothing like Selection Verte. that is a mint-dominant citrus. Bois de Cedrat is a lemon-dominant citrus. SV is extremely potent, high-strung, and concentrated. BdC is much more calm and easy-going, softened up a lot with its woody base.

it's much closer to Citrus Bigarrade. however, CB is an orange-dominant citrus. it also has a sweeter and more unisex character to it. a bit fruitier. BdC is definitely masculine, and a bit warmer (though not nearly as warm as Neroli Sauvage).

Bois de Cedrat is CREED's closest thing to an eau de cologne... until their Eau de Cologne comes out next year. it has a phenomenal top lemon note (not quite as brilliant as Acqua di Parma Colonia, but close). it gets a D for projection and an F for longevity, so keep it close by.

very good for a non-offensive, refreshing, traditional cologne, no doubt. if that's what you're looking for, it will fit the bill. it would also make a great gift for someone hesitant to wear fragrance. i can't imagine anyone not liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grifter View Post
    Zero longevity and very linear........ that said, it's a very nice scent while it lasts.
    definitely +1

I'm lucky to get 3 hrs out of this one....but it's so nice I am considering a large decant anyway.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I agree with everything that's been said and would just like to add that this is the best thing to wear when you have a hangover. It's practically a cure.