Code of Conduct

Default VERO Profumo - l'extrait de parfum or EDP

It looks like this year my Santa will be very generous and it is supposed to bring me (unsniffed) the 3 Vero Kern fragrances: Rubj, Kiki and Onda.
    When ordering them beside the extrait , for all of 3 appeared also as EDP.
    This caused trouble to Santa and he is asking for your help: extrait or EDP ?

It really depends on what you're after. Personally, I preferred the extraits of Rubj and Onda and found the extrait and edp of Kiki equally enjoyable. You'll find a more detailed review on my blog.
    ---

I am a Jasmine Award winning fragrance critic, amateur perfumer, Basenotes contributor and regular columnist for Esprit Magazine. My perfume guide, Le Snob: Perfume, is published by Hardie Grant. Click on its title for more info.

For giveaways, reviews of new perfume releases and thoughts on all sorts of scent-related matters, please visit Persolaise.com or find me on Twitter or Facebook.

Many thanks.

Default Re: VERO Profumo - l'extrait de parfum or EDP

I cant choose a favourite.
    Vero altered the topnotes when creating the EDPs, which has turned them each into desirable scents of their own! I recommend that you choose one, and then ask Santa to bring you the other next year! Ive reviewed Rubj and Onda extraits and EDPs here.

Thank you Persolaise and Sorcery of Scent ! I enjoyed reading your reviews and I think that it will be Rubj extrait and Onda & Kiki EDP, and next year maybe the extraits.....

You're more than welcome. Let us know how you get on with them.
    ---

I am a Jasmine Award winning fragrance critic, amateur perfumer, Basenotes contributor and regular columnist for Esprit Magazine. My perfume guide, Le Snob: Perfume, is published by Hardie Grant. Click on its title for more info.

For giveaways, reviews of new perfume releases and thoughts on all sorts of scent-related matters, please visit Persolaise.com or find me on Twitter or Facebook.

Many thanks.

Nice call. Yes, I'd love to hear your opinion of these

I was disappointed with the EDP, actually.
    I can't really comment on Kiki because that genre just doesn't work for me (the caramel note here almost made me sick- needed to wash)
    Onda made me swoon in extrait, and pan in EDP
    Rubj was pure love in extrait and tolerable in EDP

Look forward to your comments!
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

Resurrecting this thread (perhaps not the best place) to report on yesterdays purchase of Onda (parfum). Wonderful, though I think the edp is great too.

But that is not the issue. The issue is the bottle. I must be particularly clumsy with parfum bottles, granted, but when I tried to open it, the glass of the head of the bottle cracked. Luckily, it only cracked in the top, so the juice did not spill out. I transferred it to safer Arabian style oil bottles. But I was very annoyed. I am not in Roma anymore, so I cannot go back to the Campomarzio store. But the bottle, nice as it is, looks really flimsy. I was not applying much force. And the cap looks too big for the head of the bottle. Has anybody ever had similar problems?

As mentioned, some time ago I had an accident with a vintage Arpege parfum. But there, the bottle was vintage, and I was applying a big force. Plus the bottle had the good sense of cracking the cap (gashing my finger open), but the sturdy bottle was undamaged. Here, my finger is safe, but the bottle is gone, and with a significant risk of spilling out the (wonderful) content.

cacio

That's really annoying, cacio! I once ruined a Guerlain Jicky EdP bottle, but then I applied full force to get off that damn sprayer. Wisely enough, I had spritzed part of the jus before, so no perfume was spilled.

That's too bad, Cacio.
    You know, if I were you, I'd drop Ms Kern a polite email, just letting her know what happened. You never know what might come of it.

Thanks! Good idea of trying to follow up on this. When I go back to the states.

cacio