Code of Conduct

Talking I finally got the courage to wear Ungaro II in public!

Yesterday was an unusual day for me. I normally have no trouble selecting a scent to wear to work but yesterday I was truly stumped. I grew tired of the 'nice' agreeable scents I normally wear to work and so I decided to visit the forbidden drawer under my bed. In this drawer are scents I am afraid of.

Kouros, Yatagan and Quorum to name a few can be heard growling in there. Another one I have is Ungaro II. now some of you may be wondering why I am afraid of Ungaro II with its bright lavender citrus opening. Well, I am VERY sensitive to animal notes. My nose exaggerates these notes to the point where at times, all I can smell is a strong civet note or a strong castoreum note. It makes me somewhat self conscious and I begin misinterpreting everyone's body language as a reaction to my scent. I think some of you can relate.

But yesterday things were different. I was feeling a little bold. Taking care not to get bitten by the angry Kouros and Yatagan, I quickly snatched the Ungaro and delivered two confident squirts; one to the neck and one to the chest and I valiantly set off for work.
    This time I was in awe. Ungaro II is gorgeous. That lavender note is to die for. I grew confident and my step was a little more self assured. My posture straightened and my head lifted a little higher. The corners of my mouth widened slightly. Was that a smile? I think so, and is that attractive girl from accross looking at me or behind me. I look behind me; nothing. I look back at her, she's still looking. I look at her as if to say "sorry pretty girl, i'd love to walk over and chat but I'm in a committed relationship and I happen to be running late for work". I smile at her and continue to work!

Fast forward a few hours into my shift, a tall attractive lady walks into my store. We talk to death about mobile phones (that's what I sell) and I start to demonstrate one to her. She leans in slightly to have a closer look. I can see her looking at me in my peripheral vision. I pause..
    She leans in to my neck and sniffs deeply "Wow, what is that, you smell absolutely gorgeous!!!".. I'm a little shocked. This is new to me but I quickly get myself together and I stretch out a half smile as if to seem rudely interrupted and in my deepest voice I say, "Thank you, I'm glad you like the scent. It's Ungaro II". The look on her face is priceless. She has no idea what that is and I don't blame her. I go on to explain how it has been discontinued. She ends up buying the phone and a LOT of accessories for it. I am glad as it earns be a couple of quid in commission.

My work colleague is trying her best to fix a customer's ailing phone. She beckons me for a second opinion. I lean over her desk and begin to furiously prod at all the buttons wracking my brain for a solution. My train of thought is interrupted; "Hmmm, Dennis you smell woooonderfuuullll".. I wasn't expecting that. At least not from her. She is quite reserved. Half my brain is consumed by this stubborn dying phone and the other is still trying to come to terms with what I have just heard. Coupled with the fact that I couldn't even smell Ungaro II any more; I thought it had fizzled out, I'm truly stunned.

As the hours go by, I find women leaning a bit closer to me. Being African, I respect personal space greatly and I am instantly aware of when it has been breached. Has my new found confidence boost made me all that more attractive or can we attribute it to the scent? Maybe it's a bit of both. Some just plainly say I smell nice but the two reactions I have described in detail are the most pronounced. Either way, I racked up more compliments yesterday than I had done in an entire month of wearing agreeable popular fragrances.

The moral of the story is, wear those scary monsters. Give them a chance. I'd like to say I practice what I preach often, but Kouros and Yatagan can stay in the forbidden drawer for now. Baby steps my friends, baby steps.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Sur la Plage

Default Re: I finally got the courage to wear Ungaro II in public!

Great story Critic. Now break out that Kouros! I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the compliments it will get you.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Oh, Ungaro II is a beauty, that is for sure. I've never had quite the response you have but if ever I was to get such a response, I'd expect it with Ungaro II. A true masterpiece of a scent. Thanks for the story, Critic!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Ungaro II is wonderful and so was the story.

Thank you all for reading and I am glad you like the story. That was a real eye opener for me and it has encouraged me to try the big powerhouses!
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Well-done!

Nice story indeed but I consider the entitlement "scary monsters" little bit overstrained.

Yatagan, Kouros and Ungaro II are my favorites and the lesser monster among these giants is Ungaro II.

Cool story Critic! Sounds like you have a winner there! I'm a big big fan myself.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

Expanding your comfort zone is one of the great joys of this hobby! Nice story.

The rest of that drawer awaits!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Agree, great story Critic. Thanks for the read.