Code of Conduct

Default Best montale for men

Which one?

Dependent

Default Re: Best montale for men

Too many good ones with a very similar direction/complexion. Aoud Cuir d'Arabie, Original Aoud, Red Aoud, Black Aoud, Aoud Damascus, Aoud Leather are a few that a man can easily pull off.

I haven't used all of them however, Oud Cuir d'Arabie is one i'll never be without.

fwiw, my GF thinks the Oud frags are very sweet and less "manly" i see her point, but we both love them regardless.
    ---
    -josh

www.imaginaryauthors.com

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.
    -Oscar Wilde

Sweet Oriental Dream. Go get 'em, tiger!

Sur la Plage

Black Aoud
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I've only samples Steam Aoud. I thought it smelled OK, but got some mixed reactions at work. I personally would say pass to that one.

I'm not fond of many... and I tried A LOT after loving Red Vetyver... so Red Vetyver it is.

Oud Cuir D'Arabie.
    Greyland is another good one.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Which of the Montale would you say is similar to Nassomato Duro or Amouage Epic?
    The critic has to educate the public; the artist has to educate the critic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Which of the Montale would you say is similar to Nassomato Duro or Amouage Epic?
    For Duro I would say Original Aoud is definitely the closest.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Thumbs up Re: Best montale for men

Not necessarily for this order,

BLACK AOUD
    BLUE AMBER
    PATCHOULI LEAVES
    RED VETIVER
    VETIVER DES SABLES
    AOUD CUIR D`ARABIE
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Oud Cuir D'Arabie

Aoud Lime
    Greyland
    Golden Oud
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Oud Cuir D'Arabie

Quote Originally Posted by md1grwl View Post
    I'm not fond of many... and I tried A LOT after loving Red Vetyver... so Red Vetyver it is.
    Ditto. Love Red Vetyver as per my siggy. I'm going to be very sad when my 8mL decant is gone.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

I love (and own) Blue Amber and Black Aoud; I like a lot (and I am planning to buy, in that order) Aoud Cuir d'Arabie, White Aoud, Red Vetyver and Red Aoud.

Royal Aoud is still a mystery to me. For now, I am only sure that I cannot be indifferent, but I am not sure should I love it or hate it. That kind of feeling always frustrates me.

Beside that, I am pretty inpatient to try Boisé Vanillé.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Red V

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Quote Originally Posted by peevish_yolk View Post
    Beside that, I am pretty inpatient to try Boisé Vanillé.
    Good luck with that. I got some on my jacket last Sunday and I can still smell it today. Such an atrocity! Great longevity though lol

So many Montale Fragrances to test. I recommend buying at least 6 or so small samples of the popular ones on these boards and testing them yourself. It's not a house that is smart to do much blind buying on in my personal opinion. There are plenty of love or hate scents from this house. I like Blue Amber, Red Vetiver and Black Aoud myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey
    Good luck with that. I got some on my jacket last Sunday and I can still smell it today. Such an atrocity! Great longevity though lol
    Ummm… it does not sound very promising. If you wanted to make me worry, well... you did it.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

Aoud lime

Aoud Cuir d'Arabie

Quote Originally Posted by rioni View Post
    Oud Cuir D'Arabie
    Ditto
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Black Aoud
    +1 Black Aoud

my favorite montale is GOLDEN AOUD. It is wonderful and kind of gets lost with all the other rose & oud choices.

Quote Originally Posted by jzzbassman View Post
    Ditto. Love Red Vetyver as per my siggy. I'm going to be very sad when my 8mL decant is gone.
    Wild Aoud is quickly becoming my go to evening going out scent even though I probably look like I have some sort of weird tick because when I wear it I compulsively smell inside my shirt or my wrists every few minutes. Last for freaking ever too. Sprayed this on 25 hours ago before heading to Memphis with the wife for some shopping.

I've been cleaning around the house today and haven't showered yet. Threw on yesterdays t-shirt and can still smell it very strongly on my neckline even though it has faded from my skin.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

Black, white, red, lime and crystal from the auod line also Patchouli leaves.Most montales are nice to me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Black aoud and blue amber are sweet perfumes?

I recently heard about a gourmand called Chocolate Greedy. Guniea54 on YouTube called it the ultimate gourmand. Any truth to that?

(1) Black Aoud (2) Red Vetyver
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

The one I wear most of all is Royal Aoud. I am also fond of Aoud Damascus for its rose presentation. I like Aoud Leather, but was critiqued pretty strongly at work for it.