Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme vs l'instant de Guerlein

comments?

Default Re: Dior Homme vs l'instant de Guerlein

What comments are you looking for? differences, preferences?

I'm not too sure about smells and notes, but I want something that is really versatile and has great projection/longevity. I haven't smelt the Guerlein, but the Dior Homme smells amazing. I just wanted to know if people thought the Guerlein was better though.

L'Instant Extreme is the way to go. It's smells really great and lasts twelve hours plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    L'Instant Extreme is the way to go. It's smells really great and lasts twelve hours plus.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkxi View Post
    I'm not too sure about smells and notes, but I want something that is really versatile and has great projection/longevity. I haven't smelt the Guerlein, but the Dior Homme smells amazing. I just wanted to know if people thought the Guerlein was better though.
    It's hard to compare the two, both are very different to one another.

If you enjoy the smell of Dior Homme ( I do too! ) then get it, why not?!

As for your criteria, L'Instant would be by far the more versatile fragrance ( in my opinion ), you can really wear it anytime, anywhere.

Dior Homme, however, wins in terms of projection/longevity...but then there's always L'Instant Extreme which is amped up in these departments.

Just get them all!

I find the Dior much more enjoyable. There is a note in L'instant I can't get past. L'instant Extreme is however, a different story. I could never choose between Dior homme, Dior Homme Intense, and L'instant Extreme. There, I went ahead and mentioned all three to save time. Haha

l'instant extreme

l'instant extreme

Absolutely love all 4 of these fragrances but For me Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense are more enjoyable than L'instant/L'instant Extreme.

Agreed. DH jumps all over the place and is too feminine. L'instant has a very prominent but more controlled sillage.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Absolutely love all 4 of these fragrances but For me Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense are more enjoyable than L'instant/L'instant Extreme.
    Agree on this. From my top 5 its obvious I enjoy DH and DHI more than their Guerlain counterparts. There is something in L'instant that I dont seem to enjoy. As for L'instant Extreme, I've yet to sample it.
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

A good face off...

I'd vote L'Instant... But this is win-win. Two great, modern scents, and if you last in here to 150 posts, you'll have both. To further complicate your current dilemma, the Intense and Extreme versions of each are also awesome.

They are both kind of "sensitive guy" scents- not loud clubbing scents, or macho man scents. The opening of DH is a bit bizarre, and it is the more challenging to wear.

There is a note in L'Instant top to middle notes that makes it rather "old guy" smelling. My girlfriend just grined when I sampled it but agreed with me that it was more enjoyable during drydown. I love L'Instants drydown.

Dior Homme.. You tried that one soo... I think they are both more on formal side, with L'Instant aimed toward older crowd (I'd say 30+ atleast). I like both, own just Dior Homme but will get L'Instant or L'Instant Exxtreme in future.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

I'd take L'Instant anytime over the regular DH, however the DHI version is ages more complex and a worthy contender for L'Instant

Patchouli Hippy juice vs Old ladies Handbag.

Neither.

both!

Both

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    There is a note in L'Instant top to middle notes that makes it rather "old guy" smelling.
    +1

I really wanted to like L'Instant / LE but there is a vibe to it that makes me feel "old guy".
    DH (vintage) is so much better , interesting, masterfully blended and unique.
    For me DH is the way to go.

I find L'Instant EDT is quite boring and bland. I enjoy the EDP Extreme version though. The Cocoa is great. Dior Homme/Intense are good scents, but definitely not blind buys, everyone will not enjoy the iris makeup note. I prefer L'Instant Extreme > Dior Homme Intense > Dior Homme > L'Instant EDT

Dislike Dior Homme/Intense, like very much L'IDGE.

hm these are very interesting comments. It's unfortunate since most of you guys favor the extreme version which is extremely hard to find from a trustworthy online retailer and is a bit more expensive :/

I like both. Though, L'Instant Extreme is a more mature fragrance. Also, I prefer Dior Homme Intense (original formulation/silver collar) over those two.

Just got my sample of L'instant Extreme. Wow, this is very similar to Dior Homme. Fortunately there's not the old lady note that Dior has, but I'm not thrilled that it smells so close, because I really can't stand Dior
    Homme.

They smell similar besides the cheap make up note? that'd be great then haha

would definitely be wearing l'instant edt and edp when i'm in my 30's 40's. but will stick with dh/dhi for now

Quote Originally Posted by Parkxi View Post
    They smell similar besides the cheap make up note? that'd be great then haha
    To me, yes, this is correct! Ha!

so would you say that l'instant is definitely an older and more mature fragrance? Would it seem natural on a 20 y/o?

I'd personally say that both Dior and L'instant are slightly older guys. Well, Dior is specifically old women, so there you go. haha

I'm wearing L'instant Extreme again this morning. There is a bit of the lipstick note in it. I'm NOT loving that note!

I was very interested in buying a bottle of L'Instant Pour Homme but I recently bought Dior Homme. How much does L'Instant Extreme smell like Dior Homme?
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I've decided to make l'instant pour homme my last fragrance haul for the first six months. I really wish I could somehow sample this though. I've spent a bit too much money on fragrances (not that I disapprove!) but this is quite an expensive hobby, especially for a poor college student! haha

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I was very interested in buying a bottle of L'Instant Pour Homme but I recently bought Dior Homme. How much does L'Instant Extreme smell like Dior Homme?
    They may share one or two notes but they smell very different. L'Instant Extreme has a lot of cocoa and some vanille in the drydown but does not have iris/lipstick note that is strong in DH. Both are very good and worth owning.

Surprised people would consider L'Instant mature smelling. Makes me wonder what people think when I sport some Quorum or Pino.

No doubt Dior Homme (Vintage)

I have both.....I like both.....I could not pick just one!!!
    Gary

L'instant

agree
    L'instant de guerlain extreme is one of the few fragrances that i can say smells amazing.

Actually wore l'instant de Guerlain today, and Dior homme intense yesterday. Quite different perfumes if I may say. Guerlain is a bit fresher on me. Though Dior homme intense lasts 12h on me, l'instant de Guerlain maybe 7. Havent tried l'instant Extreme, so cannot comment on that. I prefer the l'instant smell personally, but it all depends on taste ofcourse. Both great perfumes.

I appreciate all the reviews! But could we try to keep this exclusively to l'instant and Dior Homme and not their EDP versions? it's too pricey and too difficult to find them online. even though i'm sure they're miles above their EDT counterparts.