Code of Conduct

Default I received my Creed Millesime Imperial from Overstock today and YES! it has the MELON note!!!

I purchased it from Overstock last week for $128 with free shipping...Batch # A3311N01 .. I was afraid that it might of been a bad batch, but got it today and YES!!!! it has the great melon note!!! Awesome!!!
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Banned

Default Re: I received my Creed Millesime Imperial from Overstock today and YES! it has the MELON note!!!

wonderful fragrance ... ENJOY !!!

Default Re: I received my Creed Millesime Imperial from Overstock today and YES! it has the MELON note!!!

Enjoy I have the same batch and it's excellent..

The melon note is lush and gives you that holiday in the Bahamas feeling, enjoy that bottle. Wonderful juice.

Yeah the 2011 stuff is great, Enjoy!

The key I have found to imperial is the darker the juice the better. Some bottles have clear juice and others are darker. For what reason I don't know, but it's a fact..

Congrats. The melon note is what gives MI its uniqueness, IMO.

Congrats! That's a fantastic price for a bottle of MI, plus it sounds like you got a great batch.

Enjoy!

Basenotes Junkie

glad you got a good batch. but honestly we shouldnt have to buy a creed hoping to get what we paid for
    Last edited by Vince23heat; 11th January 2012 at 01:42 AM.

Glad that it turned out to be a positive experience for you.

What's the longevity like? I have a 2010 batch that has a great melon note, but it lasts like 3 hours.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

looks like you must have got the last one. I dont see it on their product page listed.

Thanks for the heads up....I didnt realize overstock had so many colognes. Good way to price check vs. the other online sellers

Today I recieved my 4.oz MI from Fragrancenet and the batch is A3311U02. Really nice melon note for the first 10 minutes, at least that's how long I can detect it. Then something really weird happens, because after about 2-3 hours, I starts smelling like my 2011 batch GIT. No, I'm not kidding. Right now if I smell my shirt and I didn't know what was sprayed on it, I would say GIT.

How is the salty smell in the 2011 batches? Dialed up or down?
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    How is the salty smell in the 2011 batches? Dialed up or down?
    Well, this is my first MI, but I would say I get quite a lot of it.

How would people describe the MI's scent and the Virgin Mountain Water. I'm new to creeds and actually getting a bottle of GIT here in a couple of hours and was wondering what each smelled like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8buffering View Post
    How would people describe the MI's scent and the Virgin Mountain Water. I'm new to creeds and actually getting a bottle of GIT here in a couple of hours and was wondering what each smelled like.
    MI is a clean, crisp aquatic scent with a wonderfully lush melon note. In the drydown you have their well known creamy ambergris note. I'm not sure about Virgin Mountain Water.
    ôLove is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.ö
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

MI is a fresh melon scent that dries down to a melony ambergris. To me, at its best, it is about the best smelling thing on the planet; but there are significant batch variations.

VIW is a cocoanutty lime smell. On me the lime is quite pungent and overpowers the rest, so I don't like it all that much. However, it has lots of fans on BN, and on your skin it may be different.

Like all Creeds, both are well worth at least trying.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

MI is one of the best scents I have. Has a fruity apple/melon accord with the ambegris. It's of the most complimented for me as well; will have another bottle when it runs out!
    VIW is not my favorite. I find it more lime than coconut and actually find it buttery. Like lime zest on buttered popcorn with coconut sprinkled on top. If you really wanna like this, please never buy Orville Redenbacher Natural Salt & Lime popcorn. The association can not leave my mind. I actually prefer Silver Mountain water, it's more of a sweet red wine and perfumy ambegris. SMW is very different, maybe not as safe buying blind as MI or GIT. Aventus is nice as well. Pineapple/pepper/leather/smoke=goodness. I really do enjoy Creeds scents.