Code of Conduct

Question UNGARO CONFUSION - Help please !!

I have a bottle of Ungaro II. The bottle is a dark indigo/violette blue colour. The photo in the basenotes fragrance directory shows a red bottle for Ungaro II. Did Ungaro change the bottle colour of this fragrance at some stage ?
    On the reviews of Ungaro I, basenotes member Bailey also expresses confusion regarding the different bottle colours and corresponding, (or not - as may be the case) Ungaro numbers. Any help much appreciated !
    ps. which ones have been discontinued ?

Default Re: UNGARO CONFUSION - Help please !!

They have the wrong photo in the directory. Blue with yellow cap is correct for II. I is reddish with a green top, and III (original) is dark with a red top (the newer version is all black, but I've read there's been several different bottles for III alone). III is still being produced, albeit reformulated. I think, but am not sure, that I is discontinued. Not sure about II as I still can find it pretty readily available online.
    The Bark Bites Back.

I believe the photos for Ungaro I and Ungaro II in the Basenotes directory are switched.

The Ungaro I bottle is dark red with a green cap.

The Ungaro II bottle is dark blue with a orange/yellow cap.

As far as I know these colors were never changed. Both are discontinued, and I think they were discontinued in the early to mid '90s when Ungaro sold all three mens' fragrances to Ferragamo. Ferragamo discontinued I and II and began producing III in Italy using a new formula as opposed to the original version, which was produced in France.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I believe the photos for Ungaro I and Ungaro II in the Basenotes directory are switched.

The Ungaro I bottle is dark red with a green cap.

The Ungaro II bottle is dark blue with a orange/yellow cap.

As far as I know these colors were never changed. Both are discontinued, and I think they were discontinued in the early to mid '90s when Ungaro sold all three mens' fragrances to Ferragamo. Ferragamo discontinued I and II and began producing III in Italy using a new formula as opposed to the original version, which was produced in France.
    I have all three and concur with this.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Blog Entries

david,

Don't fret - Basenotes has the wrong photos for each of the Ungaro brothers. You have Ungaro II. Enjoy it.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

The only ones that are discontinued are I, II, and the original version of III made in France, if you want to count that one.

Of these, Ungaro II is the easiest to find, although easy is a relative term here. It is much more difficult to find Ungaro I, and I'd have to say that finding an original version of Ungaro III is the most difficult of all. I think this is because it was in production for such a very short time before being reformulated and manufactured in Italy.

There are some good threads about these on the forum. I believe the definitive one contains posts by scentemental, who explains the order of production, the sale of the brand, the subsequent discontinuation of I and II, and the reformulation of III.

Ungaro was batting 1.000 (that's perfect for you non-baseball fans) with these three men's fragrances. It is really a shame that the only one remaining is a diluted, cheapened copy of III.
    Last edited by noggs; 18th December 2010 at 03:04 AM.

Ungaro was batting .1000 (that's perfect for you non-baseball fans).

WHAT!!!!!, batting 0.1000 is pretty bad my friend, batting 0.3 and above is rather good.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    WHAT!!!!!, batting 0.1000 is pretty bad my friend, batting 0.3 and above is rather good.
    Oops. Thanks, PC. Dang decimal points! I've edited my post to change it to the correct value.

Oops. Thanks, PC. Dang decimal points! I've edited my post to change it to the correct value.
    Glad I could help LOL