Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Ormonde Jayne, one to buy and one to try

My dear friends, I am hoping for your help.
    We played a game "pick a scent based on a person's wardrobe" recently and I was impressed by your abilities!

Could I ask you to play this game with just little old me?

I am going to get myself Tolu by Ormonde Jayne, and they include a choice of a sample. Which one would you recommend me trying based on my wardrobe? Please let me know whether you like them yourself, too, please! As we all know very well, it is not a must for a recommendation, in fact, sometimes the best recommendations come from people who DON'T like the fragrance -- but they know you WILL! But I am asking just because I am curious

Many many thanks!

Default Re: Ormonde Jayne, one to buy and one to try

Can't suggest a feminine frag, but the men's are all excellent. I'm wearing Ormonde Man right now in fact.

Osmanthus and Sampaquita
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Ormonde Woman is beautiful. I've had it in my wish list forever. Hope to get a full bottle some day.
    Last edited by NebraskaLovesScent; 18th December 2010 at 12:31 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

Basenotes Plus

Congratulations on buying Tolu, it's a very good choice. About what to pick for a sample, if you want something different I'd go with Frangipani Absolute, it's my personal favorite from the Ormande Jayne line, the only one I own a full bottle of. Very light, beautiful tropical flowers. If your looking for something closer to the Tolu, I'd go with Ta'if, another oriental floral. You really can't go wrong, all of their fragrances are good. Enjoy the Tolu!!!

I would say if you are buying Tolu, then Ormonde Woman - especially for this season.
    Luca Turin gave it the maximum 5stars & it is unique - who would think of making a
    perfume of black hemlock. I & lots of others are so addicted! but Tolu lovers would also
    appreciate Champaca - it's completely different, but then Tolu is completely different from
    the rest of the collection.
    you could always splurge on the Discovery Set? share the ones you don't like with friends?
    enjoy!è (i LOVE tolu but my husband doesn't like it!)

Personally I love Osmanthus

I am sorry; I cannot see your wardrobe for some reason... Congrats on getting Tolu! It's an exceptional fragrance.

My favorites, at least so far, from the line are Ta'if, which is a full-bodied, saffron-spiced rose with some delicious sweet notes, and for warmer weather, I like Champaca.

I would get Ta'if if you like the idea of a spicy rose, and Ormonde Woman if a mysterious forest-y smell attracts you. Both are beautiful, and they dry down to the same woodsy-ambery base.

I just ordered Woman and I love it, its in my top 10 favorites so far.

And I ordered a sample of Champaca, and I had to scrub it off, so I can't recommend that. If I could do a do-over I'd sample Ta'if.

FYI, it took 3 weeks for my fragrance to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaLovesScent View Post
    Ormonde Woman is beautiful. I've had it in my wish list forever. Hope to get a full bottle some day.
    Ditto.

Blog Entries

Thanks so much, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Congratulations on buying Tolu, it's a very good choice. About what to pick for a sample, if you want something different I'd go with Frangipani Absolute, it's my personal favorite from the Ormande Jayne line, the only one I own a full bottle of. Very light, beautiful tropical flowers.
    Thanks, Kiliwia, this is what I went with!
    I was truly torn. Three samples I seriously considered were Woman (but I was leery of the grass notes, I am supposed to avoid those based on my skin type), Osmanthus, and Frangipani.

Quote Originally Posted by firehorse View Post
    FYI, it took 3 weeks for my fragrance to arrive.
    Thanks, that’s good to know! They promise 8-10 working days but ask to allow for 28 days. Funny, I am waiting on another package from Great Britain, and it’s been in the mail for a month at this point. Argh.

I received an order from JO just a couple of days ago. If it's of any comfort, mine took only 2 weeks to arrive. Enjoy your frags!

Basenotes Plus

Warum, I do hope you like the frangipani. If for some reason you really don't, pm me your address and I'll send you my samples of Ormande Woman and Osmanthus. I believe I've only tried them twice, so they are nearly full samples.

Please let us know your thoughts on the frangipani when you've tried it.

Blog Entries

This thread got me thinking that it might be nice to start a new sampling group with Ormonde Jayne perfumes.

I've just written to Ormonde Jayne and requested that they donate samples for the purpose.

I'll post as soon as I get a reply. Holiday week; may take a while before I hear from them.

Blog Entries

Kiliwia, thanks! I will let you know as soon as I try it. Can't wait to get my paws on this order

30 Roses, you rock!

Blog Entries

It has just arrived, I only ordered it on 20th and here it is, in just a week with Christmas day in the middle of it! I am elated!