Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Help a 15yo High School Sophomore Find a New Fragrance!

Hey guys,

Firstly, I'm new here on basenotes. I'm also new to the world of fragrances. My name is Laurence, I'm 15, and a sophomore in high school. About 2 months ago I purchased my first fragrance. In order of purchase, here are the colognes I have:

- Cool Water - Davidoff
    - Burberry London
    - Obsession - Calvin Klein
    - Ungaro III

These were all blind buys that I made after some good research. I'm pretty happy with all of them. Obsession is a little spicy but it's good in colder weather. I think that I probably wear Cool Water the most. I've done a lot of research on fragrances but there are still so many out there that I've either read about but haven't tried or just haven't heard about at all.

Right now it's winter but in school I can wear something that might be considered a summer fragrance or really any season. What do you guys think I should purchase next? I'm trying to find another fragrance. As you can guess I want to impress girls and smell nice... (don't worry I already play the guitar haha) I really have no idea what I want to go for - I might even purchase 2 - maybe an aquatic and a woody oriental? Any recommendation goes really.

I dress pretty normally, maybe a little bit on the preppy side (V neck sweaters, collared shirts etc.) I have a part time job so my price range can go beyond the 20-50 range that my previous buys were, but I don't think I want to go too high simply because I'm a little wary of investing too much money in any scent.

I have a small list of colognes I've been looking at and considering but these are by no means constraints:

Rochas Man
    Bvlgari Aqua
    Calvin Klein Man
    Aramis Devin
    Habit Rouge
    Chrome
    and a lot more I can't remember...

so what do you guys think? Thanks for helping by the way!

Default Re: Help a 15yo High School Sophomore Find a New Fragrance!

dude. please get Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT.

/thread

that is perfect for a dude your age

CHANEL ALLURE HOMME SPORT

and make sure its the EDT

Blog Entries

LAU4ENC3,

I remember 10th grade fondly - it was around that time my fragrance "hobby" became an obsession.

For the collection you've established so far, you've made some good choices. Ungaro III is a bold move for someone new to the fragrance world (nowhere near as bold as the original formulation, but....).

Out of the ones you're considering, I'd start with Bulgari Aqua. Unless you've smelled Habit Rouge and Devin and enjoy them, then by all means go for them - they're classics and you definitely won't smell like anyone else in your school.

For someone your age, I would recommend also Dune Pour Homme by Christian Dior or Lolita Lempicka au Masculin. Dune you can find at Perfumania and other stores of that type; same thing with Lolita, although you can also now find Lolita at TJ Maxx and Marshall's.

Oh, and, welcome to Basenotes!

Forgot to mention - you might also want to try Gucci Pour Homme II and Bulgari Pour Homme (not Bulgari Man, although that one isn't bad either).
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Tobacco Vanille. Jk, Versace Pour Homme > Chanel Allure Sport! You might also want to add Le Male to your consideration list. Ask Jonny he knows, its his #1.

Blog Entries

Or, for an even cheaper version of Le Male with tobacco added, Cuba Gold
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    Tobacco Vanille. Jk, Versace Pour Homme > Chanel Allure Sport! You might also want to add Le Male to your consideration list. Ask Jonny he knows, its his #1.
    ok ok fine ahhaha. i didnt recommend it because starting off hes prolly ogoing o want to wear it to class which is fine, but buddy if you choose to go with Le Male...ONE spray when going to class. One on the neck, and thats it. If your going out, 2 sprays. one on the neck and one of the chest.

First of all, thanks so much for the recommendations so far! Allure Homme Sport sounds pretty good from what I've read, though I'll definitely want to smell it considering the price tag. I definitely think that from now on I shouldn't blind buy too much, if ever at all. I'm very intrigued by au Masculin. From what I've read, it seems like a cool gourmand that's not overpowering. It's also inexpensive and not too much of a commitment. Le Male I'm not sure about. I mean I definitely want to try testing it (I want to test all of these haha) but I'm not sure if I like the powdery concept/if it's for me. I'm also starting to consider just throwing out the original list I had. Please keep the recommendations coming - I love learning about all these and trying to narrow my scope!

Another great one you should think about it YSL L'homme. I would recommend YSL La Nuit de L'homme, but at 15 I think L'Homme would work just a tad bit better.

Also, L'eau D'issey by Issey Miyake. Its a great compliment getter, projects great, lasts forever.

Paco Rabanne Black XS

Most of the negative comments I see on basenotes say that its too young so 15 is great

Edit - It Smells like Strawberries =]

Bois Du Portugal. All the little girls at school will think you smell like a rich old man. And chicks like old men.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Bois Du Portugal. All the little girls at school will think you smell like a rich old man. And chicks like old men.
    "You smell like my dad!"
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

Givenchy Play Intense

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    hes joking, LAU4ENC3.

givenchy play intense, compare it to rochas man and see which one you like better. both are very similar

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Paco Rabanne Black XS

Most of the negative comments I see on basenotes say that its too young so 15 is great

Edit - It Smells like Strawberries =]

How can one hate on strawberries?

YSL L'homme

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    http://www.hasbro.com/strawberryshortcake/en_US/

That's all I have to say.

Regarding OPs post, welcome to Basenotes. At this stage in your developing fragrance discovering I just recommend that you sample a lot. Sample everything. Look up the thread here about ordering free samples from companies. Wrangle free samples from stores whenever you can. PM folks you meet here and pester them for samples. Post a sample wishlist.
    Smell everything. Buy few.

PM me your address (assuming you live in the US) and I'll send you a few goodies from this huge box I have in a drawer...

-Slim

edit: Here is a huge thread about what companies to email for free samples:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/206...-Companies-Now
    Last edited by SlimPickins; 18th December 2010 at 06:32 AM.
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickins View Post
    PM folks you meet here and pester them for samples.
    that works?

Bvlgari Man

Terre d'hermes

Blog Entries

First of all, Welcome to Basenotes. Second of all, I have to compliment you that you sound really well spoken for 15. And third, you are already off to a really good start with fragrances. Cool Water was one of my first fragrances too, and I rocked it throughout High School. I even still wear it occasionally as a matter of fact.

Anyway, for recommendations. First, sample, sample, sample. If you are on a limited budget, you will want to take more time to make purchase decisions. And when you make those decisions, you should trust your own nose (i.e. sampling). Reviews are great to point you in a direction, but the reviewers' opinions will not always be your opinion. And that's okay.

As far as fragrances I think you should try:

On the aquatic side, you've already named the first one. Start with Bvlgari Aqva. I've worn many aquatics, and Aqva is still the best in my opinion. Others aquatics to look into: Versace Pour Homme (which I like to call the mature Acqua di Gio), L'eau D'Issey, Versace Man Eau Fraiche, L'eau par Kenzo, and finally Bleu de Chanel.

Orientals and Gourmands are not my thing, so others will have to give you those recommendations.

I have been on a kick lately of fragrances that cross the fresh/aromatic/woody/semi-sweet lines though. You've already been recommended Allure Homme Sport, but in my opinion Allure Homme Edition Blanche is much better. Check them both out and judge for yourself. The YSL L'Homme recommendation was a good one. It would be great for daily wear to school. L'Instant De Guerlain may be another good choice. It is semi-sweet cocoa over a beautiful cedar. Finally, check out Boss Bottled. It has a great spiced apple vibe, that I'm just really loving in the cool weather.

Blog Entries

A*Men
    If it works on your skin and you don't tweak out over the top like a lot of people do, it's amazing. I started wearing it my junior year of high school, and still will. I actually just wore it for a week straight in classes of 30 people. The key is to spray it under your shirt, not on exposed skin. That way it radiates out instead of erupting out haha.

Le Male
    Enough said, it's a best seller. It works differently on people's skin (on mine it goes raunchy and cloying) so you'll just have to try it.

Rochas Man
    Excellent date scent, not so much for classes, so if you go on dates, have a significant other or trying to, this would be a great fragrance. It's very, very sensual in terms of notes and the feel it gives.

Hanae Mori
    Kind of like Rochas Man (they both rely on a very potent and unique amber base note) but a little more casual and school friendly. The one guarantee I can give with this is that you're gunna be the only guy wearing it, plus it's found very cheap online

1 Million
    SUPPOSEDLY popular, I've found it to be just the opposite. This stuff is the lady killer for me, every time I wear it my girlfriend compliments me multiple times during the day, something she won't do unless she loves what I'm wearing.

Mugler Cologne
    Same deal as with 1 Million actually, my girlfriend loves it, says it's very sexy and fresh. I personally get absurd longevity, especially on clothes. I've had it last over 24 hours! Not to mention this stuff will offend NO ONE.

SIDENOTE: Don't over spray anything by Thierry Mugler (and 1 Million). I once wore 5 sprays of Mugler Cologne and a friend of mine was almost knocked over when I walked by her

Fierce
    Looking to have girls practically jump on you? (Well as long as you're already somewhat close to them, relationship wise, haha) Fierce has this odd effect. I'm very much against people reviewing stuff like "Oh, this stuff got me 12 chicks lawls!"...you know the type...but this stuff ACTUALLY tends to do that. I've had close friends who are girls literally bury their faces in my clothes, or steal my neck tie to smell it. I've gotten more compliments than I ever would imagine from people I barely knew, and my girlfriend drools over this stuff. Ironically I avoid wearing it, mostly because I'm into niche fragrances and Fierce seems childish or generic. All I know is this stuff is magical in High School. Irrelevant of what you end up buying, try to get a 30mL of this stuff, its awesome!

Hi and welcome to Basenotes

From your list, I would choose Bvlgari Aqva, very fresh sea wind in a bottle. Although I'm not a fan of aquatic at all and almost regretted the buy at first, this one kept me intrigued since I have it.

One thing I forgot to mention:

I bought a little mini vial of Burberry Weekend for a dollar or two at the same time as I bought Cool Water. I thought it was pretty good. Should I add it to my list of consideration for a full buy?

Quote Originally Posted by LAU4ENC3 View Post

I bought a little mini vial of Burberry Weekend for a dollar or two at the same time as I bought Cool Water. I thought it was pretty good. Should I add it to my list of consideration for a full buy?
    no. for the love of god please dont hahah

For your age, I'd recommend Joop! Jump for warm weather and Rochas Man for cold weather. You can get each for around $25.

London instead of weekend =] London is only like $30 or $40 for the 3.3 oz

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Fierce
    Irrelevant of what you end up buying, try to get a 30mL of this stuff, its awesome!
    It is indeed, and you'll be one of the handful of people in Oz who'll have a bottle.

Do a favor for yourself:

Try Le Male.

Also i recommend 1 Million.

All youthfull enough for your age, and longevity masters.

And try Blue Jeans in the last case, blue jeans is very youth too.

Diesel Fuel for Life, Givenchy Pi

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    Dune Pour Homme by Christian Dior
    Yes! I always recommend
    this one for young newbies.

Welcome to BN!

Alright. Here is the list I have so far:

1 Million
    A*Men
    Allure Homme Edition Blanche
    Bleu de Chanel
    Bulgari Pour Homme
    Bvlgari Aqua
    Calvin Klein Euphoria
    Calvin Klein Man
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Diesel Fuel for Life
    Givenchy Play Intense
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Hanae Mori
    L'eau D'Issey
    L'eau par Kenzo
    Le Male
    Lolita Lempicka au Masculin
    Paco Rabanne Black XS
    Rochas Man
    Terre d'hermes
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche
    Versace Pour Homme
    YSL L'homme

Phew! That's a pretty long list. Now I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that a lot of these are probably very similar. I might go to the mall tomorrow and test out just a few. So - which ones can I begin to eliminate from my list and which ones should I try out first?

I'm having a pretty tough time deciding what to do. Let's say I only try a limited amount tomorrow. Which 3 should I try?

1 Million
    A*Men
    Bleu de Chanel
    Bulgari Pour Homme
    Bvlgari Aqua
    Calvin Klein Euphoria
    Calvin Klein Man
    Diesel Fuel for Life
    Givenchy Play Intense
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Hanae Mori
    L'eau D'Issey
    L'eau par Kenzo
    Le Male
    Paco Rabanne Black XS
    Rochas Man
    Terre d'hermes
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche
    Versace Pour Homme
    YSL L'homme

Phew! That's a pretty long list. Now I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that a lot of these are probably very similar. I might go to the mall tomorrow and test out just a few. So - which ones can I begin to eliminate from my list and which ones should I try out first?

I'm having a pretty tough time deciding what to do. Let's say I only try a limited amount tomorrow. Which 3 should I try?
    1 Million is my most complimented fragrance, i never find someone that dislike this one. Very famous fragrance here at Brazil. Europe is famous too. US looks like its not goind too well. Give it a try.
    Also try a Gourmand (Le Male, Pi, The Dreamer, Rochas Man) and a Chanel, anything from chanel is great!

1 Million
    A*Men
    Bleu de Chanel
    Bulgari Pour Homme
    Bvlgari Aqua
    Calvin Klein Euphoria
    Calvin Klein Man
    Diesel Fuel for Life
    Givenchy Play Intense
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Hanae Mori
    L'eau D'Issey
    L'eau par Kenzo
    Le Male
    Paco Rabanne Black XS
    Rochas Man
    Terre d'hermes
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche
    Versace Pour Homme
    YSL L'homme

Most of this list you can try in Macys/Nordstroms/Sephora or anywhere. You can eliminate at least half this list in 1 visit =]

On a side note, I guess that the kind of thing I'm looking for is something that I can wear every day for weeks at a time without even thinking about it, because it just suits me that well. I think that I'm most interested in YSL L'homme and I'll definitely try it tomorrow. But what others?

Just try them all out at the department store. Grab an arsenal of test strips and spray away =]

Blog Entries

Terre d'Hermes by Hermes from the list, I think would best set you apart as a person of distinction and good taste.

Out of your list I would suggest testing Rochas Man and 1 Million. I'm also going to go wild card on you here and suggest two others that are expensive and really expensive (Chanel Platinum Egoiste and Creed Silver Mountain Water) - to be honest I would try to settle on 1 or 2 scents TOTAL to have. A woman once gave me similar advice about clothes once: it's better to have a couple really nice things you love to wear than a lot of things that you only like. Plus it could become your signature plus would keep costs down (important for a young guy - all of us actually!)

I think Rochas Man would be good for nightime - dates, games, dances, things like that.
    The other 3 I think would be good for daily/class wear. My top recommendation would be Chanel PE - another poster mentioned Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce which it has been compared to, but I think it's a little more classy and distinctive, especailly at your age.

That's all for now - in the future we can discuss the next step in getting girls: treating them bad, but not too bad! :P Good luck and keep us posted.
    Last edited by Force of One; 19th December 2010 at 03:31 AM.

Force of One, I really like that logic.

I guess what I'm trying to find is something I love to wear - something that becomes a signature, like you described. I definitely would like that. I looked those both up and they both sound very very nice. They also sound very very expensive haha.

Will those be at Macy's to try? I'm guessing PE would but what about Silver Mountain Water? If I did really love one or both then I'd probably try it a few times and consider shelling out for it. I do have a part time job and I definitely don't mind scooping ice cream for a few weeks to get a scent I love!

I guess what I'm trying to find is something I love to wear - something that becomes a signature, like you described. I definitely would like that. I looked those both up and they both sound very very nice. They also sound very very expensive haha.

Will those be at Macy's to try? I'm guessing PE would but what about Silver Mountain Water? If I did really love one or both then I'd probably try it a few times and consider shelling out for it. I do have a part time job and I definitely don't mind scooping ice cream for a few weeks to get a scent I love!
    No SMW at Macy's.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Abercrombie-Fi...10491819956313
    Last edited by adonis; 19th December 2010 at 07:59 AM.

I found out recently that some Nordstroms have a Creed Boutique so you can try SMW there. PE will be at Macys

I checked the reviews of Fierce on here and appearantly that's not that cheap either, so in comparison PE might not be much more expensive....Macy's should, certainly a Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus or Saks 5th Avenue would....you know what forget the SMW recommendation, too expensive.

Test them out and let me know what you think...you might be able to get a used bottle on here for cheaper when you find one you like

Just try them all out at the department store. Grab an arsenal of test strips and spray away =]
    I wouldn't recommend trying them all in the same day. This is how olfactory mistakes can occur. Sample no more than 2 or 3 if ya really wanna get the best results, then wait another day to test more. Reason for this is because olfactory scents will linger either on you or in your nose, and cause the next frag you smell to possibly be altered. It's happened to me plenty of times, I overlooked something that smelled "boring" because I had smelled 12 other fragrances in that same hour.

Unless you can find a way to reset your sense of smell.. The breath holding can only do so much, that's usually ok when testing olfactory issues on one fragrance.

If you have no experience in the gourmand area but would like to give it a shot, it might be a good idea to start with Rochas Man. It's not as much of a ton of bricks as some of the others like 1 Million and A*Men, but is in the same category. It's a lighter and more generally pleasing version of these two. Try to get your hands on a sample of this - if you go to a Sephora you can get one for free. See how it works on your skin, if you like it, if the people you hang around like it, and go from there. I wouldn't go bullrushing in with something like the other two that aren't nearly as versatile as Rochas, and can be very much of a turn off to some people.

And +1 to Cologneist's suggestion about not trying them all in the same day - you'll go nuts. Not only will you likely get a headache, even if you sniff the coffee beans in between, but things start meshing together and you get inaccurate representations. Plus, it's best to sample scents on your skin since their smell on a card often is not the same experience you'll get on your skin. So it's best to get an actual sample of it and try it out on your skin. If you can't spray the tester on your wrist or something, walk around for a while, wash it off, and go try another one. But don't go for more than a few, it'll likely end up backfiring on you.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    dude. please get Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT.

/thread

that is perfect for a dude your age

CHANEL ALLURE HOMME SPORT

and make sure its the EDT
    I was gonna make this exact same post. It is a little pricey though for a 15yo.

I'm going to the mall in about 10 minutes and I'll be sampling at Macy's. I think I'll go for Chanel PE, YSL L'homme, and maybe either Rochas Man or one of the other prospects. I'll let you guys know how the sampling goes.

for hot teacher

for hot student

chillin

Ok guys, I just got back from the mall.

I have a humongous headahce.

First, we went to Macy's. Immediately I spotted the Chanel Allure Homme Sport bottle, and I went over to the Chanel counter. The SA was very nice and helpful. I sprayed Allure Homme Sport on my left wrist and I really like it a lot. The SA then basically pushed me to try Bleau, saying how it was this new and super great fragrance and unfortunately I sprayed it on my right wrist. I don't really like Bleau too much and I wish I hadn't used my right wrist on it.

Sniffing my left wrist now, I can say for sure that I like Chanel Allure Homme Sport a whole whole lot and I'm heavily considering buying it.

Then, I went over to this other counter in Macy's where I started talking to a pushy SA who sprayed a whole bunch of papers for me. He sprayed YSL L'homme, D&G The One, and D&G Light Blue. Out of those, I thought YSL L'Homme was ok and I'm sort of considering it.

It was at this point that I started to get majorly overloaded and my sense of smell probably started to get a little skewed.

I then went to Perfumania or something like that and didn't try anything but took a gander at a few bottles.

Lastly, I went into Lord and Taylor. I found this one counter that was basically a gold mine. There were 3 little tray like things that each had around 15 testers of all the designer brands one would think of. I could have sprayed on myself, but unfortunately having used my wrists, I sprayed on paper. At this counter I sniffed Calvin Klein Euphoria, Platinum Egoiste, Le Male, Calvin Klein Eternity, and I think Bvlgari/Versace Man and a few others. The SA here was incredibly helpful. At this point I had a headache and little sense of smell but I really liked Euphoria and I thought Egoiste was pretty good too.

I wish I limited the amount of fragrances I tested and didn't use up my wrist on Bleau.

At this point, I think Allure Homme Sport is in the lead but there are plenty of others up there. Should I keep looking or try again with Allure Homme Sport to see if I want to commit to it?

It's been almost 3 hours since i sprayed Chanel Allure Homme Sport on my wrist and I'm loving it more and more. It's so great and I feel like it suits me well. I just want it more and more haha

It's been almost 3 hours since i sprayed Chanel Allure Homme Sport on my wrist and I'm loving it more and more. It's so great and I feel like it suits me well. I just want it more and more haha
    told ya so!

Just popping in.... I too waste wrists when I'm out sniffing. I'm thinking I need to carry some kind of cleaner so I can scrub off things on the spot if I need to. Sometimes I go in the restroom and wash off my arm. Or if I'm in sephora I'll look for something to clean my wrist.

Aha yeah I felt pretty suffocated being around so many fragrances. I hate to get too carried away but I feel like Allure Homme Sport is exactly what I'm looking for.

Usually when I look up fragrances you can find them cheaper from places like Amazon and scentiments and whatnot. So far it looks like the Chanel website actually has the best price. If I were to buy it should I get it there? Should I get the 1.7oz or 3.4oz?

Aha yeah I felt pretty suffocated being around so many fragrances. I hate to get too carried away but I feel like Allure Homme Sport is exactly what I'm looking for.

Usually when I look up fragrances you can find them cheaper from places like Amazon and scentiments and whatnot. So far it looks like the Chanel website actually has the best price. If I were to buy it should I get it there? Should I get the 1.7oz or 3.4oz?
    Chanel frags are hard to find on discounted websites =[.

It's very rate to find Chanel fragrances at a discounted price. So, you might as well get it directly from Chanel or at a department or perfume store, like Macy's or Sephora. I got lucky and bought my big bottle of Allure Homme Sport at Sephora, when they had a 20% off promotion, and only paid $60 for it.

P.S. You might also wanna try Joop! Jump. It's very close to Allure Homme/Sport, and you could get a big bottle of it for less than $30.

Glad you had some success. It seems you also learned the first rule of buying fragrances too, avoid Macy's at all cost, especially during the holidays. Most of their workers are not there to help you, but to push the bottles the store wants to sell on you, even if you don't want them. Euphoria's a nice one, but a little peppery, and longevity isn't that good on it. Allure Sport would be a good one for you, that coupled with something that you could wear out at night or in more of a partyish situation and you'd be all set. I'd go back and retest the ones you tried at Lord and Taylor. It's really hard to smell 6 bottles at once and get a good feel for them, especially when you have two others on you. If you find something you think you might like, but aren't quite sure, go to a Sephora and ask them to make a sample of it for you so you can actually wear it for a couple of days and decide if it works for you. Smelling bottles on cards, or even just sniffing the bottle itself really makes it tough and you could end up spending a good deal of money on something that you end up not liking, that barely lasts on your skin, or some other issue. Plus there's always the chance that your skin reacts poorly to the actual juice, and you never know unless you get it on your skin. For someone new to the game looking to invest a decent chunk of cash into a bottle or two, it's an absolute must to get the stuff on your skin by itself before buying.

Try the Varvatos frags...I particularly like the Vintage. They're distinctive and affordable.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Should I keep looking ...
    I don't see Dune pour Homme among those you tried, so, yes!

Is there a Saks near you? I think when I signed up on their website with my e-mail they sent me a 20% coupon. It might be worth to do the same.....I agree otherwise Chanel is tough to find discounted

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    Try the Varvatos frags...I particularly like the Vintage. They're distinctive and affordable.
    +1, but do NOT buy them in a department store at the roughly $60-80 price tag. They can be bought for half that from reputable online stores like Amazon or something. If you're going to go this route, try them out in a department store, then order it online.