Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Gucci Guilty Pour Homme

Most of the gucci fragrances i have sampled smelled AMAZING.But unfortunatley lasted but minutes on my skin.Hopefully this one will have more "PUNCH" than the others

The only Gucci fragrances which last are Envy and Rush and to a degree GPH II . The Gucci fragrances (mens) under Frida have all sucked, the Gucci by Gucci series should be discontinued. This one looks safe and boring judging from the notes .

Totally agree with some of the BN'ers here...the notes look incredibly boring......

Man, i'd so love to blown away by a new designer release, but probably not by this one -.-
    Smellin good

The Gucci fragrances (mens) under Frida have all sucked
    true.

Man, i'd so love to blown away by a new designer release
    big +1 here and i love this house. i even own some vintage feminines and the very first pour homme 1976.

Any update on this release? Is it in stores?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
    Any update on this release? Is it in stores?
    May is the scheduled launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabel View Post
    May is the scheduled launch.
    Thanks

This looks interesting. I love Envy I gotta say. Guilt and envy are wierd names though. I carry enough guilt around with me through my catholic upbringing!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!

Sampled this one yesterday and God dammit Gucci, this is total rubbish It has a very typical mainstream designer opening ala Boss Orange i.e. fresh fake fruits almost to the point of being watery. Where is the lavender? If it's there it's so muted and synthetic that my nose can't detect it. And unfortunately the rest of the scent didn't get any better; I got mainly synthetic amber with nonsense woody aroma (again very synthetic). It actually bears many similarities to indifferent Boss scents and is totally forgettable. Vera Wang for men is superior compared to this and that says a lot!

Just tried it and I'm totally dissapointed... So so cheap smelling and generic, with that annoying sweet apple note from top to base, I almost know the type of man that will buy it. The one that finds Hugo Boss (pick any scent you want) and Ferrari fragrances appealing to the opposite sex.

I agree, its not to my taste at all. Too sweet and synthetic.

maybe i should try tom ford's scents since his frags during his time at gucci ar my favs from this house. i liked pour homme II as well but after that none at all.
    “A beautiful perfume is the one which gives us a shock: a sensory one followed by a psychological one."

Edmond Roudnitska (1905—1996)

I haven't smelled it yet, but it's sounding awful. This house has really, really taken a huge tumble over the years. Such a shame.

Just tried sample given by Gucci counter few hours ago...and had to scrub it off with rubbing alcohol. Smells like burnt rubber, and extremely common. Absolutely awful!

I totally love it, im not a gucci follower and this is a big surprise to me... i cant understand why you only smell alcohol & salt...

Seems like Gucci is guilty alright...

great news i love the women's guilty.
    “A beautiful perfume is the one which gives us a shock: a sensory one followed by a psychological one."

Edmond Roudnitska (1905—1996)

I just tried this today and surprisingly I like it alot. It is what D&G The One should have been. The One settles wrong for me and gets too "powdery" or "talc" like where I can't enjoy it. To me this is similar but the sweetness I get is much smoother. Really enjoying it. My wife got my Gucci by Gucci for Christmas and despite initial misgivings and being panned here I really enjoy it the more I wear it. Maybe I'm changing a little where some of the "sweeter" fragrances or sitting better on me. That or recent Gucci settles well on my skin.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 13th April 2011 at 07:53 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

this one was a real scrubber! so bad that it made me nauseous and i had to lie down. horrible. pass....

Horrid. Absolutely horrid. Synthetic meltdown with that irritating "plastic milkiness"-accord that´s in so much stuff right now (Versace pour homme for instance). Even Gucci by Gucci is a masterpiece compared to this... Most AXE-sprays have more character. Also the bottle is so ugly it looks 100% fake. What a pity from a house that brought us Nobile, Pour homme I & II and Envy...

I agree with all those that say its a watery fruit mess. Its pleasant and would be an enjoyable wear during moments you don't want to wear exquisite juice. However, its not worth the money to buy this eau de water. It has a great smell insofar as being inoffensive but your money is better spent towards something more worthy with character.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Got this (along with Gucci by Gucci) force-sprayed on me today by an overenthusiastic SA who dragged me to her counter. Didn't care much about it and can't see it having any commercial success.

Tried this at Dillard's yesterday. My initial impression is that this is a very safe, mass-market, somewhat boring scent. Smells a bit like Arpege PH, which I already have. Don't think I'll be picking this one up.
    Last edited by Chasing the Dragon; 20th April 2011 at 06:27 PM.

Guilty smells like a bottle of water with bubblegums in it.

This is finally in Boots stores here in Ireland, so I tried it today. This is breathtakingly banal. I had read all the bashing of it and thought that some people were probably just being a bit too harsh, but no, they were spot-on. It actually makes Gucci Sport Pour Homme smell like some sort of daring niche fragrance. It's like water, alcohol and generic deodorant.

It literally doesn't smell of *anything*. I can't for the life of me pick out a single note. Just...unfragranced antiperspirant or something. Without a shadow of a doubt, the worst designer men's fragrance I've smelled in years...possibly ever.

I finally got to try this today. I think this could be the worst designer scent made in the last ten years. I know good designer scents are few and far between these days, but I'm kind of shocked at how bad this is...

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    I finally got to try this today. I think this could be the worst designer scent made in the last ten years. I know good designer scents are few and far between these days, but I'm kind of shocked at how bad this is...
    It really is staggeringly awful.

People who bitched about Bleu de Chanel really need to smell this.

I agree. I've always defended Light Blue but it makes LB seem niche lol. I wished for the love of Zeus that they'd bring back Rush and Nobile in all its glory.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    It really is staggeringly awful.

People who bitched about Bleu de Chanel really need to smell this.
    Well, we were warned. I've deciphered the tattoo on her back:

All this scent will be or seem
    Is Hugo Boss in Gucci's dream.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I got to sample GG recently. Dispassionately speaking, it is not a bad frag, especially compared with Gucci's last release for the male market. The fruity notes on top were quite authentic smelling. GG's bete noir is that it has come out too late to the party for this kind of scent. If i hadn't smelt this genre of frag squillions of times i would have bought it. It projects well and has good longevity. If i were to buy a frag for someone new to scents, i wouldn't hesitate to buy GG.

I suggest that everyone should smell GG for themselves, rather than be put off by the perception of others.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    I got to sample GG recently. Dispassionately speaking, it is not a bad frag, especially compared with Gucci's last release for the male market. The fruity notes on top were quite authentic smelling. GG's bete noir is that it has come out too late to the party for this kind of scent. If i hadn't smelt this genre of frag squillions of times i would have bought it. It projects well and has good longevity. If i were to buy a frag for someone new to scents, i wouldn't hesitate to buy GG.

I suggest that everyone should smell GG for themselves, rather than be put off by the perception of others.
    Nowhere did I suggest that people shouldn't smell it for themselves.

If you like it(God only knows why) then I'm happy for you. Personally I thought it was jawdroppingly awful and that's my own opinion which I'm pefectly entitled to.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Nowhere did I suggest that people shouldn't smell it for themselves.

If you like it(God only knows why) then I'm happy for you. Personally I thought it was jawdroppingly awful and that's my own opinion which I'm pefectly entitled to.
    Oops! My sincere apologies, Riverwide. I was not referring particularly to your post/opinion. Lets face it, this frag has been mostly bashed around here. Please accept my "olive branch"
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Blog Entries

Oops! My sincere apologies, Riverwide. I was not referring particularly to your post/opinion. Lets face it, this frag has been mostly bashed around here. Please accept my "olive branch"
    No problems here, either! You're right - this one is taking some hits. It's an odd thing when one loves a fragrance that's taking a beating from fans and critics - as memories of Givenchy Pi Neo and Bleu de Chanel come flooding back to me! My "guiltiest" thing right now is knowing that I'm going to love the new Pi Neo flanker.

I've done a 180 on enough frags to know there is finite possibility I'll be proclaiming this as hot stuff in a couple of months. Unfortunately, I know I like the women's version better already - so I'm not holding out a LOT of hope. It could happen. Most of my reversals have been on frags which seem nondescript or next to odorless the first time I smell them - and this is certainly one of those. I'm always prepared to eat my words on a frag. It's happened too often.

However, at this point, the thing I like best about the frag is the lady's trendy tat, and the place she put it.

Have a sample, tried it: sorry to say it is nothing special, fourteen in a dozen, smelled it all before...etc,etc!

Nothing even remotely special about this one. I was very disappointed! I think after Gucci Pour Homme II, all of thier men's releases have been subpar. Gucci by Gucci, Gucci Sport, and now this. Well, atleast they gave me my dear Gucci Pour Homme II. :-)

Dammit Gucci, bring back Rush and Nobile.

Haven't sampled it for myself but I'm gonna have to. Yes this one is taking a bashing but I hear a wide rand of why. One says it smells of nothing. Then another says it is sweet and somewhat compared it to The One then another says it is like "generic" deodorant which might not be a bad thing there are tons of deodorants that one could call generic. I think a fragrance that smells like Old Spice Pure Sport Deo would be great. So it is hard to tell from the thread here. The lasting power of gucci recent fragrances aren't good so that could be a major problem.

Sorry perfaddict, it's me who owes you an apology! I mistook what you were saying. Sorry!

And yes, why shouldn't you defend a bashed fragrance. I spent most of last summer doing that with Bleu de Chanel. Hehe!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    No problems here, either! You're right - this one is taking some hits. It's an odd thing when one loves a fragrance that's taking a beating from fans and critics - as memories of Givenchy Pi Neo and Bleu de Chanel come flooding back to me! My "guiltiest" thing right now is knowing that I'm going to love the new Pi Neo flanker.

I've done a 180 on enough frags to know there is finite possibility I'll be proclaiming this as hot stuff in a couple of months. Unfortunately, I know I like the women's version better already - so I'm not holding out a LOT of hope. It could happen. Most of my reversals have been on frags which seem nondescript or next to odorless the first time I smell them - and this is certainly one of those. I'm always prepared to eat my words on a frag. It's happened too often.

However, at this point, the thing I like best about the frag is the lady's trendy tat, and the place she put it.
    Hehe. I like Bleu de Chanel and Pi Neo too. Oh the shame!

Sur la Plage

Well I finally tried it. Just another boring/generic men's release - just like the other crap lining the shelves currently.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

i've got a sample of this. Smells okay at best and terrible for longevity.

It's a soft orange smell, not tangy and zesty, just fruity, then that godawful note everyone calls "woody amber" that doesn't even smell like amber (not animalic at all)... so should really be called "sweet wood".

And that's it.

Really, put 1 spray of this on one arm, a generous blast of Lynx/Axe Excite on the other, leave for 10 minutes and see if you can tell which is which, I'm betting you can't.

I think the verdict is in for this monstrosity of mediocrity....

Yup, Guilty is guilty of being boring and pretty derivative of every bad men's frag you (n)ever smelled.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Gucci should feel guilty for releasing such crap!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Based on recent Gucci releases, I have a feeling this may be the only good thing about it. But I guess we shall see......
    That description spent more words on describing the bottle than it did the scent. After trying and tossing Gucci by Gucci, I'm cynical.

Guilty reminds me of Diesel's Only The Brave which was very average and bland. Guilty is just a dilute version of it. It's not awful but there just simply isn't any reason to buy it!

Long time no see BNers. Fruity water does kind of describe this rather well, sadly. Don't take the bashing too harsh, though.

I hate to say for all the BNers wanting Rush and Noble... you're screwed. The SA was saying how Guilty did above and beyond the sales projecting for Gucci. Of course, she could just be lying for a sale, what do I know? Either way, I found nothing of value of the fragrance.

Just another company looking for the next Acqua Di Gio.

Quote Originally Posted by nightcutter View Post
    Guilty reminds me of Diesel's Only The Brave which was very average and bland. Guilty is just a dilute version of it. It's not awful but there just simply isn't any reason to buy it!
    yah it does smell like a diesel frag. i've never smelled only the brave but fuel for life sorta smells like it. i liked fuel for life though. i'd buy that over the gucci.

Yesterday night at Macys, an employee was telling me: "Have you tried the new Gucci for men yet? It's very nice...!" Had to keep walking and did mutter in low voice "nah, I just tried somewhere else, and it's NOT very nice!" I even felt compelled to do a big NO sign with my hands/fingers.

No offense to people here, it just smelled like tons other fragrances, utterly overpriced. One can buy countless other fragrances for less that smell much more beautiful-even in the "fresh" style. To me it didn't actually smell like a Diesel fragrance (some Diesel are actually decent or good) it was just so another utterly unexciting scent to sell along the female version, which I never enjoyed myself either. It's not a matter of arrogance, the smell is just really disappointing and a ripoff, at least, to ME-no offense intended.

I have to say I am still the new guy when it comes to fragrance but starting off it smelt good on the test strip as well as skin, I mean I couldnt pick the notes apart other then it was alot better then some of the other fragrances I was sampling the only thing I didnt like is it lasted maybe a good 1hr scent cloud and then it was very faint for the rest of the day I couldnt smell it at all. I mean I was able to get better projection from John Varvatos I mean for a clean frag I would buy something different I rather have longevity.

Side note - It was a pass for the wife and she is picky

Reading reviews I was expecting something bad... And yes the scent is far from being good. Gucci Guilty is an extremely synthetic fragrance. It's like they take Diesel Only the Brave, add a bit of Chanel Allure Homme Sport and dilute this syrup with water. Nevertheless the smell can't be named fresh, but soapy and synthetically powdery.

Among other mens fragrances GG seems to be watered-down Diesel Only The Brave, maybe more flowery and soapy. Just sprayed GG smells like Only The Brave that was sprayed 5 hours ago... In the drydown GG reminds of Allure Homme Sport and aquatics from Puma/Mexx etc.

The longevity of Gucci Gucci Guilty is less than nothing. The scent disappears after an hour of wearing or even earlier. The sillage is closer to Allure Homme Sport.

What's verdict? Ok for mass audience (synthetic semi-fresh fragrance that attempts to be sexy), but generic for exacting audience like all of us here.
    Last edited by AntonPan; 11th June 2011 at 10:23 PM.

I own the women's version and to me it has alot more character than the mens. The men's comes off very generic to me - nothing special at all. I will definately past...
    LOOKING FOR DECANTS OF ANY O. Durbano, ANY Hilde Soliana, BOISE VANILLE, COLOGNE POUR LE SOIR, MUSC RAVEGEUR, AND ROSE 31 TO SWAP:.:wink

photsup3939, I think you could have been less confrontational with the wording in your post, but I have to admit I agree with the general sentiment. One of the things that bothers me most is when someone condemns a scent (this usually only happens to mainstream/designer/celeb scents) for being "generic" or "banal" without saying anything further. These same posters will usually write a fairly in-depth appraisal of a niche scent that they dislike, and actually take the time to describe what it is they disliked about the scent, but I guess the "lesser" designer/mainstream scents don't warrant such in their eyes? I don't know. I don't get it. Scent is scent just like music is music.

I wish more people could sniff openly because they'd find some novel accords in what may appear, at first sniff, to be "banal maisntream offerings." The pear/honey/vetiver combo of Bvlgari Man, for instance, is quite unique and while it doesn't have the immediate wow factor of say, Chergui, it is far from banal or 'extremely derivative.' How people can write off a whole scent after sniffing it on a card for 5 minutes is beyond me. Given that most scents last at least 6 hours, 3 times as long as even a fairly long movie, it would be like writing off an entire movie in the first couple of minutes. I know the analogy isn't perfect but still, it baffles me how people can do this and then make their views so public. It's fine, I guess, if you want to sniff something for 5 minutes and decide that it's not right for you, and to disregard it from there on, but then to come online and possibly alter other's opinions or enthusiasm to test a scent by reviewing a scent after such a cursory sniffing is a bit disingenuous imo.

The other thing is that people need to view scents in context - a mass-marketed scent is aiming for a mass market audience, just as a jazz musician composing a jazz album does so with an audience who enjoys jazz in mind. It's silly to go to a jazz club and then complain at the end of the night that you don't like jazz and they played too much of it. Yet, it seems this is a common phenomenon in the realm of the perfumista.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Call me mad, but I do feel a barbershoppy note in this one: soapy, crisp, no-nonsense, rather classically stylish

Dispassionately speaking, it is not a bad frag, especially compared with Gucci's last release for the male market.
    Agree

Utter drek.

It smells like an aerosol before the actual fragrance is added.

Blog Entries

Utter drek.

It smells like an aerosol before the actual fragrance is added.
    The difference between this and the Intense version is amazing. Night and day. Probably the biggest difference between a regular and an intense version that I have ever sniffed. I have to give the Intense a big thumbs up, as much as I have given this one a thumbs down.

Perhaps if my nose was super-sensitive, the regular would hold some worth for me, but it is really one of the most minimal fragrances I've ever smelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    The difference between this and the Intense version is amazing. Night and day. Probably the biggest difference between a regular and an intense version that I have ever sniffed. I have to give the Intense a big thumbs up, as much as I have given this one a thumbs down.

Perhaps if my nose was super-sensitive, the regular would hold some worth for me, but it is really one of the most minimal fragrances I've ever smelled.
    Wow, really?? I've smelled the Intense version a couple of times this week and consider it to be very, very close to the original. Perhaps slightly stronger, but that's about it.