Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Gucci Guilty Pour Homme

Most of the gucci fragrances i have sampled smelled AMAZING.But unfortunatley lasted but minutes on my skin.Hopefully this one will have more "PUNCH" than the others

The only Gucci fragrances which last are Envy and Rush and to a degree GPH II . The Gucci fragrances (mens) under Frida have all sucked, the Gucci by Gucci series should be discontinued. This one looks safe and boring judging from the notes .

Totally agree with some of the BN'ers here...the notes look incredibly boring......

Blog Entries

Man, i'd so love to blown away by a new designer release, but probably not by this one -.-
    Smellin good

The Gucci fragrances (mens) under Frida have all sucked
    true.

Man, i'd so love to blown away by a new designer release
    big +1 here and i love this house. i even own some vintage feminines and the very first pour homme 1976.

Any update on this release? Is it in stores?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
    Any update on this release? Is it in stores?
    May is the scheduled launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabel View Post
    May is the scheduled launch.
    Thanks

This looks interesting. I love Envy I gotta say. Guilt and envy are wierd names though. I carry enough guilt around with me through my catholic upbringing!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!

Sampled this one yesterday and God dammit Gucci, this is total rubbish It has a very typical mainstream designer opening ala Boss Orange i.e. fresh fake fruits almost to the point of being watery. Where is the lavender? If it's there it's so muted and synthetic that my nose can't detect it. And unfortunately the rest of the scent didn't get any better; I got mainly synthetic amber with nonsense woody aroma (again very synthetic). It actually bears many similarities to indifferent Boss scents and is totally forgettable. Vera Wang for men is superior compared to this and that says a lot!

Just tried it and I'm totally dissapointed... So so cheap smelling and generic, with that annoying sweet apple note from top to base, I almost know the type of man that will buy it. The one that finds Hugo Boss (pick any scent you want) and Ferrari fragrances appealing to the opposite sex.

I agree, its not to my taste at all. Too sweet and synthetic.

maybe i should try tom ford's scents since his frags during his time at gucci ar my favs from this house. i liked pour homme II as well but after that none at all.
    A beautiful perfume is the one which gives us a shock: a sensory one followed by a psychological one."

Edmond Roudnitska (19051996)

I haven't smelled it yet, but it's sounding awful. This house has really, really taken a huge tumble over the years. Such a shame.

Just tried sample given by Gucci counter few hours ago...and had to scrub it off with rubbing alcohol. Smells like burnt rubber, and extremely common. Absolutely awful!

I totally love it, im not a gucci follower and this is a big surprise to me... i cant understand why you only smell alcohol & salt...

Seems like Gucci is guilty alright...

great news i love the women's guilty.
    A beautiful perfume is the one which gives us a shock: a sensory one followed by a psychological one."

Edmond Roudnitska (19051996)

I just tried this today and surprisingly I like it alot. It is what D&G The One should have been. The One settles wrong for me and gets too "powdery" or "talc" like where I can't enjoy it. To me this is similar but the sweetness I get is much smoother. Really enjoying it. My wife got my Gucci by Gucci for Christmas and despite initial misgivings and being panned here I really enjoy it the more I wear it. Maybe I'm changing a little where some of the "sweeter" fragrances or sitting better on me. That or recent Gucci settles well on my skin.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 13th April 2011 at 06:53 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

this one was a real scrubber! so bad that it made me nauseous and i had to lie down. horrible. pass....

Horrid. Absolutely horrid. Synthetic meltdown with that irritating "plastic milkiness"-accord thats in so much stuff right now (Versace pour homme for instance). Even Gucci by Gucci is a masterpiece compared to this... Most AXE-sprays have more character. Also the bottle is so ugly it looks 100% fake. What a pity from a house that brought us Nobile, Pour homme I & II and Envy...

I agree with all those that say its a watery fruit mess. Its pleasant and would be an enjoyable wear during moments you don't want to wear exquisite juice. However, its not worth the money to buy this eau de water. It has a great smell insofar as being inoffensive but your money is better spent towards something more worthy with character.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Got this (along with Gucci by Gucci) force-sprayed on me today by an overenthusiastic SA who dragged me to her counter. Didn't care much about it and can't see it having any commercial success.

Tried this at Dillard's yesterday. My initial impression is that this is a very safe, mass-market, somewhat boring scent. Smells a bit like Arpege PH, which I already have. Don't think I'll be picking this one up.
    Last edited by Chasing the Dragon; 20th April 2011 at 05:27 PM.

Guilty smells like a bottle of water with bubblegums in it.

This is finally in Boots stores here in Ireland, so I tried it today. This is breathtakingly banal. I had read all the bashing of it and thought that some people were probably just being a bit too harsh, but no, they were spot-on. It actually makes Gucci Sport Pour Homme smell like some sort of daring niche fragrance. It's like water, alcohol and generic deodorant.

It literally doesn't smell of *anything*. I can't for the life of me pick out a single note. Just...unfragranced antiperspirant or something. Without a shadow of a doubt, the worst designer men's fragrance I've smelled in years...possibly ever.

I finally got to try this today. I think this could be the worst designer scent made in the last ten years. I know good designer scents are few and far between these days, but I'm kind of shocked at how bad this is...

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    I finally got to try this today. I think this could be the worst designer scent made in the last ten years. I know good designer scents are few and far between these days, but I'm kind of shocked at how bad this is...
    It really is staggeringly awful.

People who bitched about Bleu de Chanel really need to smell this.

I agree. I've always defended Light Blue but it makes LB seem niche lol. I wished for the love of Zeus that they'd bring back Rush and Nobile in all its glory.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    It really is staggeringly awful.

People who bitched about Bleu de Chanel really need to smell this.
    Well, we were warned. I've deciphered the tattoo on her back:

All this scent will be or seem
    Is Hugo Boss in Gucci's dream.