Code of Conduct

Default Atelier Grand Neroli

Anyone familiar enough with this one to weigh in with thoughts - especially as it compares to other Neroli centered frags?

Thanks.

Default Re: Atelier Grand Neroli

I've not tried Grand Neroli, but would be interested in doing so. I've tried their Orange Sanguine though. Here is a link to an article on Atelier scents:

http://www.nstperfume.com/2010/03/27...grance-review/

Blog Entries

I can't really compare it to other Neroli scents because I haven't tried many, but I really liked Grand Neroli. I just posted my sampling thoughts on it a few days ago.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/265...=1#post2019030

I saw this line at Neiman Marcus a while back, but didn't really have time to try them. One of them is supposed to be somewhat similar to Bulgari Pour Homme (Oolang Infiniti I think it's called) and I want to try it sometime. They're not cheap at all, but the bottles are quite nice. I'd like to hear more about this line.

I have the entire line and Grand Neroli is among the top for me, although I still like Orange Sanguine more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have the entire line and Grand Neroli is among the top for me, although I still like Orange Sanguine more.
    Consider me jealous. I have samples of the entire line, and I love them all. The only house I've come across so far, that I have liked the whole line, actually.

Neiman Marcus has the 1.0oz bottles for $50-$60. They are the only place I have seen that size. It's certainly more per ml than 6.7 oz. for $150-$175. However, there is no way I will ever need 6.7oz of one of them, much less all of them. And I could get the whole line in 1.0 oz. for a lot less total outlay of money.

Oh, and Indie_Guy, Oolang Infini and Bvlgari do share really nice tea notes, but I only found them similar briefly during the top notes. Oolang was more ultimately similar to something like Hermes Hiris or Ineke Derring-Do to me (clean, watery, faintly floral). I love it though.

I know the OP started this thread about Grand Neroli, and I don't want to hijack it. But since I sampled the line I've been dying to hear other's impressions. Maybe I'll start a separate Atelier appreciation thread.
    Last edited by Tarheel Golfer; 20th December 2010 at 05:56 PM.

I also prefer Orange Sanguine, but I have sampled the Neroli from this line and liked it. Neither last a long time on me, so that's put me off buying any. My favourite Neroli is probably the limited edition from Castle Forbes, but that's been out of production a while now