Code of Conduct

Default Atelier Grand Neroli

Anyone familiar enough with this one to weigh in with thoughts - especially as it compares to other Neroli centered frags?

Thanks.

Default Re: Atelier Grand Neroli

I've not tried Grand Neroli, but would be interested in doing so. I've tried their Orange Sanguine though. Here is a link to an article on Atelier scents:

http://www.nstperfume.com/2010/03/27...grance-review/

Blog Entries

I can't really compare it to other Neroli scents because I haven't tried many, but I really liked Grand Neroli. I just posted my sampling thoughts on it a few days ago.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/265...=1#post2019030

I saw this line at Neiman Marcus a while back, but didn't really have time to try them. One of them is supposed to be somewhat similar to Bulgari Pour Homme (Oolang Infiniti I think it's called) and I want to try it sometime. They're not cheap at all, but the bottles are quite nice. I'd like to hear more about this line.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I have the entire line and Grand Neroli is among the top for me, although I still like Orange Sanguine more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have the entire line and Grand Neroli is among the top for me, although I still like Orange Sanguine more.
    Consider me jealous. I have samples of the entire line, and I love them all. The only house I've come across so far, that I have liked the whole line, actually.

Neiman Marcus has the 1.0oz bottles for $50-$60. They are the only place I have seen that size. It's certainly more per ml than 6.7 oz. for $150-$175. However, there is no way I will ever need 6.7oz of one of them, much less all of them. And I could get the whole line in 1.0 oz. for a lot less total outlay of money.

Oh, and Indie_Guy, Oolang Infini and Bvlgari do share really nice tea notes, but I only found them similar briefly during the top notes. Oolang was more ultimately similar to something like Hermes Hiris or Ineke Derring-Do to me (clean, watery, faintly floral). I love it though.

I know the OP started this thread about Grand Neroli, and I don't want to hijack it. But since I sampled the line I've been dying to hear other's impressions. Maybe I'll start a separate Atelier appreciation thread.
    Last edited by Tarheel Golfer; 20th December 2010 at 05:56 PM.

I also prefer Orange Sanguine, but I have sampled the Neroli from this line and liked it. Neither last a long time on me, so that's put me off buying any. My favourite Neroli is probably the limited edition from Castle Forbes, but that's been out of production a while now

So, what fragrance do you not have in your wardrobe? hahahaha....just acquired a 200ml of Grand Neroli at $83, couldn't past up the deal after getting rose Anonyme and Santal Carmin and thought, wonder if Hednic has either smelled or own this one?? Well!! Lol.....

What do you think about this one, someone likened it to MI, some suggested more citrus, more sweet...a well respected nose thoughts? Masculine, feminine, sweet/citrus balance??
    Currently wearing: Aoud Sandroses by Mancera

Quote Originally Posted by bugsyiii View Post
    So, what fragrance do you not have in your wardrobe?
    That response from me was 6 years ago, but currently still the same response six years later. Just recently purchased a 200ml of Clementine California, so the entire line is still intact.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

That response from me was 6 years ago, but currently still the same response six years later. Just recently purchased a 200ml of Clementine California, so the entire line is still intact.
    I see...lol! So what do you think of Grand Neroli? Just wondering what to expect!

I see...lol! So what do you think of Grand Neroli? Just wondering what to expect!
    One of the first from the house I bought. A very nice chypre. Neroli is the star and it's apparent in the opening. The oak moss and galbanum soon show themselves and pleasantly linger until the warm mildly sweet dry down. If you like neroli, this might indeed please you.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

No similarity whatsoever to MI. One of my favorite neroli scents, although not strictly a soliflore. There are other florals in there, and the moss is, fortunately for me, barely detectable. Nice drydown that manages to be both dry and sweet with some lingering florals.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.

One of the first from the house I bought. A very nice chypre. Neroli is the star and it's apparent in the opening. The oak moss and galbanum soon show themselves and pleasantly linger until the warm mildly sweet dry down. If you like neroli, this might indeed please you.
    Cool, really looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    No similarity whatsoever to MI. One of my favorite neroli scents, although not strictly a soliflore. There are other florals in there, and the moss is, fortunately for me, barely detectable. Nice drydown that manages to be both dry and sweet with some lingering florals.
    ..no similarity to MI, ey, that's good to know as my expectation can be lessen! Better than Neroli Sauvage?

Never tried Neroli Sauvage
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.

Neroli isn't a big favorite of mine, but I have a small bottle of Grand Neroli that I got free with the purchase of a big Atelier bottle, and I do like it.

However, for the money difference, I'd recommend Nicolai's Cologne Sologne. You can get a nice 100 ml bottle for only $40 and it's very nice.
    Basenotes sales: 18.21SweetTobacco, TiffanyforMenConcen, de Bachmakov, Atelier PomeloParadis & VetiverFatal, St James of London, TiffanyforMen mini, 17 CubaParis frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, ReyaneInsurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Better than Neroli Sauvage?
    I wouldn't say better, but different.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    However, for the money difference, I'd recommend Nicolai's Cologne Sologne. You can get a nice 100 ml bottle for only $40 and it's very nice.
    Cologne Sologne is a great scent, but leans more herbal and almost limey. Also much shorter lived than Grand Neroli. I wouldn't in any way regard one as a replacement for the other. Might as well then one up that and say get 4711 as it's even better value (although I quite enjoy layering Cologne Sologne and 4711).

Blog Entries

A sales associate smelled it at one of the Tom Ford counters and said it smelled like a mix between Tom Ford's Mandarino Di Amalfi and Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino. Personally, think it's better than both of them in lieu of price point(per ml).

Thumbs up Re: Atelier Grand Neroli

I wouldn't say better, but different.
    !