Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Atelier Cologne: Appreciation/Discussion Thread

I was recently able to sample this entire line, and I have to say that I really enjoyed them all. I wouldn't consider myself a "fanboy" of any house. I prefer to judge each fragrance on it's own, regardless of the house or perfumier that created it. I do have to say though that Atelier is the first house I've come across that I enjoyed every one of their line (five to date). I honestly feel they deserve to be mentioned in the same light as houses like Creed (love them or hate them).

Bois Blonds to me was like (as the name suggests) light soft woods over a nice musk similar to Versace Man Eau Fraiche.
    Trefle Pur was like the epitome of spring time when everything is coming out of dormancy over a great patchouli base.
    Oolang Infini has a nice tea note that is vaguely similar to Bvlgari, but settles to a great clean, watery, lightly floral smell like Ineke Derring-Do.
    Orange Sanquine did have a top reminiscent of orange juice, and reminded me a lot of Malle's Bigarade Concentree.
    Grand Neroli was the sweetest of them (also with orange top notes), and actually reminded me a lot of Millesime Imperial in the base.

All five of them have a very light quality to them, but definitely smell of quality ingredients. I believe they all would be better suited for warmer weather (except maybe Oolang Infini). If the house is missing anything, it would be that good (heavier?) cool weather fragrance.

So, I'm interested in hearing others impressions of these fragrances, or the house in general. I, for one, highly recommend at least sampling them.

Default Re: Atelier Cologne: Appreciation/Discussion Thread

I`m waiting for the samples of Atelier Colognes.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Sur la Plage

I felt Trefle Pur was the best of the line - but none were FBW to me.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Have the entire line. Orange Sanguine is my favorite of the five.