Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrances: DSquared2 He Wood Silver Wind Wood and She Wood Golden Light Wood

From nstperfume.com:

In February, DSquared2 will launch two new flankers for its He Wood / She Wood lines: He Wood Silver Wind Wood and She Wood Golden Light Wood.

He Wood Silver Wind Wood (shown) was developed by perfumer Daphne Bugey; the notes include lavender, sage, incense, nutmeg, musk, cedar, vetiver, amber and vanilla. It will be available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

She Wood Golden Light Wood, also from Bugey, features lemon, orange blossom, neroli, heliotrope, musk, vetiver and cedar wood. It will be available in 30 and 50 ml Eau de Parfum.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrances: DSquared2 He Wood Silver Wind Wood and She Wood Golden Light Wood

Thanks for the heads up. Definitely excited about this. I love He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Default Re: New Fragrances: DSquared2 He Wood Silver Wind Wood and She Wood Golden Light Wood

I'll try it. The base has me worried.

Anyone able to sample this yet?

Just a heads up, I received my circular from Bloomingdales and it seems that they are carrying it as of now. It will also be exclusive to Bloomingdales. I'm gunna go try it tomorrow.

@b0n3z Looking forward to your input on this new frag by Daphne Bugey.

definitely looking forward to hearing from you about this as well

Still haven't tried Ocean Wet Wood.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    it's solid. neither that nor the original is as good as rocky imo though.

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    I own a bottle of OWW and have only worn it once. I think it's strictly a warm weather scent, as it didn't project well and didn't develop on my skin in the cold NYC weather.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    I own a bottle of OWW and have only worn it once. I think it's strictly a warm weather scent, as it didn't project well and didn't develop on my skin in the cold NYC weather.
    I can definitely see that. I owned a bottle, but got no projection out of it so I swapped it.

I got to sample He Wood Silver Wind Wood at lunchtime today. It just arrived into my local Debenhams department store here in Dublin.

I'm pretty disappointed by it I have to say. Firstly, there is very, very little sillage or longevity. The smell reminds me slightly of a very, very watered down Gucci Rush For Men. I may be completely wrong on that though, as it's been so long since I smelled that, but that's what popped into my mind. It's like a softer, slightly warmer version of He Wood and Rocky Mountain Wood. It's just so, so faint. I mean REALLY faint. After literally 15 minutes or so, it had become a very close skin cent. It's still there now, but I really have to stick my nose right up to the skin to smell it.

I definitely won't be buying this. RMW remains my favourite of the bunch.

Just bumping this to see if anyone else has tried it. I thought it was supposed to be at Bloomingdale's by now but haven't seen it yet.

I really like both RMW and OWW and think the difference between the two is worth buying both. Dsquared seems to be going lighter in the wood department and this is what makes this fragrance great. I'd like to see a really rich wood fragrance somewhere along the lines of X2 RMW.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I definitely won't be buying this.
    Ditto.

Just got mine from Bloomingdales. Call me crazy, but my first impression is that I am finding similarities with Fahrenheit Absolute with this one. I LIKES! It is a very dark addition to the He Wood Line. VERY PLEASANT SURPRISE.

Finally got a chance to give this a go, not bad at all, reminds me allot of Canali Men, they smell very similar to my nose.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

How does this compare with Rocky Mountain Wood? Getting ready to pull the trigger on a 3.4 of Silver Wind Wood.

Sniffed this the other day at Bloomie's. Thought it smelled very nice for the 45 minutes it lasted on my arm and then "poof", it was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    How does this compare with Rocky Mountain Wood? Getting ready to pull the trigger on a 3.4 of Silver Wind Wood.
    I personally like the scent of SWW better, its a bit warmer which is more to my taste. I do have RMW though.

IMO, I don't think they are comparable scents.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I'm going to try and sample this today if I can find it.

He Wood Pee in the Wood....afterall it is rather vapid stuff this Wood thing.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Why they didn't bundle these new releases with a T shirt that says "I Got Wood" I'll never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Why they didn't bundle these new releases with a T shirt that says "I Got Wood" I'll never understand.
    "I Got Wood" could very easily be confused with a somewhat rude slang reference here in sunny England!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    "I Got Wood" could very easily be confused with a somewhat rude slang reference here in sunny England!!!
    That's interesting...over here, it's a pretty bog-standard salutation, typically offered to members of the opposite sex.

Horses for courses and all that.

This is available already at Fragrancenet here. Pretty good prices too. Almost half price for a 3.4 tester.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    This is available already at Fragrancenet here. Pretty good prices too. Almost half price for a 3.4 tester.
    Just put an order in for the tester. Grand total was $38 shipped with a coupon. Thanks for posting that link.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    I personally like the scent of SWW better, its a bit warmer which is more to my taste. I do have RMW though.

IMO, I don't think they are comparable scents.
    I gave this one another go today, as it was a new release at sephora. I am a bit confused as to why I liked it before, I get this weird "curry" note vibe from it.

Basenotes Junkie

Bump.

Seems like this scent never really got any traction in the fragrance community. Is it really that bad? Very mixed opinions on it everywhere but I was planning to do a blind buy on this. Amazon sells big bottle for around 35 bucks.

All in all, it seems like something I may like except for some indications that it may have some "body odor" note a-la Fahrenheit Absolute. That would be a major turn off..