Code of Conduct

Default Sharing some scent GEMS I managed to unearth since August. What are your GEMs for 2010? Do share!

These are the 'treasures' I've collected in 2010(Started 4 months ago). I'm curious to know what you guys have been buying this year!

Last edited by domperrier; 21st December 2010 at 03:15 PM.

Default Re: Sharing some scent GEMS I managed to unearth since August. What are your GEMs for 2010? Do share

Very nice, dom! Drooling over the Lanvin & Caron pic, and is that vintage No. 22 I see?

Default Re: Sharing some scent GEMS I managed to unearth since August. What are your GEMs for 2010? Do share

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    Very nice, dom! Drooling over the Lanvin & Caron pic, and is that vintage No. 22 I see?
    Yes, on the extreme left....the atomiser lying down is filled with Bois des Illes EDT(from the LE line)

Basenotes Plus

You have an amazing collection Dompierre! The one that caught my eye is the vintage L'Air du Temps, it was the 1st perfume my husband bought for me after we got married. I loved how it smelled back then, sadly the new stuff just isn't the same.

Very nice finds. Congrats!

That's just since August! I feel like such a perfume slacker, but on the other hand this will make DH find me less obsessed and practically frugal, LOL.

Some of my favorite finds have been a fresh bottle of Mystere EDP 100ml, inexpensive Fleurs D'Orlane, and the Holzman and Stephanie EDPs.

I am happy to see that I am not the only one with vintage-mania disorder and am delirious with joy that you have so many beautiful bottles. Glad to see treasures that are loved and cared for and properly appreciated.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 21st December 2010 at 08:18 PM.

Oh,yeah,those pictures make me a little ashamed to admit I've been snatching up Chantilly holiday gift sets(for myself of course!)for nine dollars at Wal-Mart lately.Only a little ashamed though,because I am really happy to have the dusting powder again! That's a beautiful collection,dom-glad they've gone to such a good home where they'll be appreciated!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Gorgeous perfumes, Dom. I wish you well to wear them.
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

dom, I've always greatly admired your buys. Great taste and exquisite bottles.

Good to see you
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

O M G!

I am SO glad an appreciative Basenoter has acquired these. Congrats dom!
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Very beautiful!
    Evenstar

Gorgeous, I'm extremely jealous!!! I also scored some vintage Arpege this year, along with some Bandit and Shalimar. Those are probably my favourites. But I have also returned to Tabu and Chantilly recently, love them

Oh, that's lovely, and I am jealous.

Here's one of my greatest gems of this year:

- proper perfume storage, and a lovely piece of furniture that also holds my best glasses, liquour and other odds and ends. This may be one the best scent investment I've made this year - and the perfume side of the cabinet is already deliciously scented, some of my samples or decants must be leaking a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpinett View Post
    Oh, that's lovely, and I am jealous.

Here's one of my greatest gems of this year:

- proper perfume storage, and a lovely piece of furniture that also holds my best glasses, liquour and other odds and ends. This may be one the best scent investment I've made this year - and the perfume side of the cabinet is already deliciously scented, some of my samples or decants must be leaking a little.
    Oooh...One of Serge Luten's bell jars!Lovely...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs H View Post
    Gorgeous, I'm extremely jealous!!! I also scored some vintage Arpege this year, along with some Bandit and Shalimar. Those are probably my favourites. But I have also returned to Tabu and Chantilly recently, love them
    I've always wanted to try Tabu & Bandit but never really got down to buying a bottle.Silly me...

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Oh,yeah,those pictures make me a little ashamed to admit I've been snatching up Chantilly holiday gift sets(for myself of course!)for nine dollars at Wal-Mart lately.Only a little ashamed though,because I am really happy to have the dusting powder again! That's a beautiful collection,dom-glad they've gone to such a good home where they'll be appreciated!
    No Houbigant in my collection yet I actually bought & paid for a bottle of Demi-Jour some time back only to find out that the seller couldn't ship perfume out of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    That's just since August! I feel like such a perfume slacker, but on the other hand this will make DH find me less obsessed and practically frugal, LOL.

Some of my favorite finds have been a fresh bottle of Mystere EDP 100ml, inexpensive Fleurs D'Orlane, and the Holzman and Stephanie EDPs.

I am happy to see that I am not the only one with vintage-mania disorder and am delirious with joy that you have so many beautiful bottles. Glad to see treasures that are loved and cared for and properly appreciated.
    Mystere....I've always wanted 2 try that.

Basenotes Institution

Gorgeous bottles! Well acquired!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by domperrier View Post
    No Houbigant in my collection yet I actually bought & paid for a bottle of Demi-Jour some time back only to find out that the seller couldn't ship perfume out of the US.
    Another sad story!I've wanted to try Demi-Jour on skin for ages now,Apercu,too.I love Chantilly because it's "leathery" in the far drydown on me in the same way that Shalimar is.Vintage is fantastic,but I suspect even the current cheapo Dana formulation would please your nose more than any of the newer fragrances on the market,dom.It's good for days that you don't want to dip into something more precious.Another Houbigant I wore and loved was Ciao,a fantastically dark green chypre.It's wildly expensive on E-Bay now but would be soooo worth it.Raffinee was good,too,I wore that one quite a bit.Houbigant used to be a glorious house-I'll wish for at least one of their fragrances to be added to your collection in the New Year!

Another sad story!I've wanted to try Demi-Jour on skin for ages now,Apercu,too.I love Chantilly because it's "leathery" in the far drydown on me in the same way that Shalimar is.Vintage is fantastic,but I suspect even the current cheapo Dana formulation would please your nose more than any of the newer fragrances on the market,dom.It's good for days that you don't want to dip into something more precious.Another Houbigant I wore and loved was Ciao,a fantastically dark green chypre.It's wildly expensive on E-Bay now but would be soooo worth it.Raffinee was good,too,I wore that one quite a bit.Houbigant used to be a glorious house-I'll wish for at least one of their fragrances to be added to your collection in the New Year!
    Ummm...I just bought MORE vintage L'Heure Bleue(1 LARGE & 1 medium bottle of extrait-shades of Mimi Gardenia's backup bottle tendencies?:P ) & some vintage Diorling EDT...At this rate, I'll have to mortgage something lol

Nah,you can just bring all those bottles and stay with me if you shop yourself out of a home!

Wow, impressive. Do you actually wear them or just like to collect?

Quote Originally Posted by darkdreams View Post
    Wow, impressive. Do you actually wear them or just like to collect?
    I've sampled them all. Except those that are sealed or can't be opened.

Nah,you can just bring all those bottles and stay with me if you shop yourself out of a home!
    lol