Code of Conduct

Default Any fairly easy-to-find, designer feminine frags with a clear tobacco note?

I just did a swap for IsaBella (Rosellini), which has a clear tobacco note. In fact, the drydown smells a lot like the opening of Dior Homme. Doing a BN directory search for feminine frags of recent years, I didn't notice any recent frags that have tobacco note (and of course even if it's listed that doesn't mean one will actually smell it). Is IsaBella as unique as it appears to be? Thanks.

Default Re: Any fairly easy-to-find, designer feminine frags with a clear tobacco note?

Bulgari BLV Notte Pour Femme
    Paloma Picasso

(From a quick search)

Oh, recent. Never mind. Sorry.
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Any fairly easy-to-find, designer feminine frags with a clear tobacco note?

Tonka Imperial by Guerlain is suppose to have a tobacco note.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Habanita by Molinard

It comes to my mind the fruity tobbaco of Hot Couture. They say that the vintage version has more tobacco, so if you find a old bottle it may be even better then the newer one...

Well, if I can be flexible with your definitions .... These aren't strictly designers, but I'd argue they are relatively easy to find - depending on where you live.

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford (he is a designer, and most regard the private blends as 'unisex')
    http://www.tomford.com/#/en/beauty/p...tobaccovanille

Havana Vanille by L'Artisan Parfumeur (probably regarded as unisex)
    http://www.artisanparfumeur.us/store...roducts_id=381

Jasmin & Cigarette by Etat Libre d'Orange (from their feminine line)
    http://www.etatlibredorange.com/bout...T-CIGARETTE.63
    Last edited by Dr_Rudi; 22nd December 2010 at 12:44 PM.

Habanita, indeed. Also Miss Balmain.

Blog Entries

Molinard Habanita
    Gres Cabochard

Perfume d'Elle Montana
    Akaba Antonio Visconti
    Mehrab Rasasi

These three - for sure

As others have said, Miss Balmain and Cabochard, plus Illuminum Piper Leather, which is unisex but eminently wearable for women.

It's expensive on their own website, but you can pick it up for a lot less on ebay, and all of the ones I've seen so far are genuine.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Volutes by Diptyque, 2012. Not necessarily designer but sold at Nordstroms.
    Last edited by Trilby Lark; 24th January 2014 at 04:58 AM.

Yup, Volutes is a good one - EDT edges out the EDP for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Weimar27 View Post
    ........Gres Cabochard
    Definitely. Far more so in the vintage stuff.

Blog Entries

Fifi Chachnil.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I would +1 with Volutes and Habanita. The EDP and EDT are different.

Caron Aimez-Moi (pre-2013) has a violet/tobacco note.

I think Gucci Premiere has leather in it, but I don't know if it has tobacco.

I would also HIGHLY recommend Costamor Tabacca for a wonderful tobacco note.
    Last edited by Primrose; 25th January 2014 at 08:00 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Have you tried Joop! Le Bain?

Although this is a classic fragrance, there is nothing dated about it.

Niche, not designer, but easily bought online:

Olympic Orchids Carolina - honeysuckle, hay and tobacco flower

Demeter This is not a Pipe - sweet/spicy pure tobacco scent with a little wood, great for layering with other perfumes to add a tobacco scent (I suggest the oil rollerball).

Designer:

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille - lovely warm and sweet vanilla tobacco.

The OP was looking for responses to this question more than three years ago -- hopefully he's found something by now