Code of Conduct

Default Zino by Davidoff vs Michael by Michael Kors - what would you choose?

Which would you choose for over 40 years old man? Which one is more sexy in your opinion, and lasts longer?

Default Re: Zino by Davidoff vs Michael by Michael Kors - what would you choose?

they are pretty different.
    I think zino is more sensual , and they both have decent longevity.
    I guess there are more people that are put off by zino, so michael may be a safer option.
    Zino is more interesting.

They are both good picks.

Default Re: Zino by Davidoff vs Michael by Michael Kors - what would you choose?

What do you think? Which one is more modern, more timeless scent, apart of year of production.

I consider michael a modern take on a very classic aromatic genre, therefore, michael.
    I would choose zino for myself.

Both are appropriate. Hard to say which one is sexier. Depends upon who you are with and what they think about it.

Michael for Men is more modern.

Hard to say until more time passes which is more timeless, but Zino has been around for 24 years, Kors for 9. Who knows what people will think 20 years from now.

I like both but if I had to choose one to live with it would be Zino.

I think Michael is the clear winner here. It certainly is more modern and I think most people, especially those under 30, will enjoy it more. But they are quite different, so it's hard to really compare apples and oranges in the fragrance world. I'm 45 and find Zino rather repulsive myself, but I know it gets it's love here are basenotes.

Zino on all accounts.

Sur la Plage

Zino
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I like the Michael Kors, but Zino is so far superior, it's not even funny. It's more complex, smells better, and has much better longevity. No contest there.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Basenotes Plus

I own and love both but would always opt for Zino if forced to choose.

Zino

Zino for me

Zino!!!
    As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others. Peter Handke

Zino is one you're gonna wanna try first for sure. Michael is a much safer blind buy, and also perfect for this time of year.

Michael for men. No doubt.

I own both, but would lean more toward Michael.

Zino gets too powdery on me.

But they are both quite good.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

well i have m.kors and its HUGE on tobacco and im not a fan of Tobacco beside C&S this is IMO best take on tobacco note although it smells like Amol, mario-k is from poland he will know how Amol smells like
    i like it (Kors) better then Zino especially in winter time its (Kors) pretty heavy and last a long time with above average sillage
    Zino is not "in my type" fragrance it has something from Unrago III which i like better and is more versitale

http://www.perfumeria.pl/produkt,mic...28074,1,1.html
    here u got tester for cheap
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzw

Thanks for responses. I bought Zino. Why? Because smells better for my nose, and Zino is discontinued. Maybe one day it will disappear from market, like my Jil Sander Background...
    Thanks!

Zino for me without a doubt.....A classic for sure!!!
    Gary

DeepSilence

Zino

I like the way Zino eventually comes together after a while. MfM, on the other hand, settles down. Last night I was thinking that I should dilute MfM with vodka, probably around 80/20, to see if that separates the notes a bit and also makes it less abrasive. I don't think that would work with Zino, though, because it seems just right when the drydown arrives. Obviously, they are both a nightmare to the aquatic/fresh crowd.

Zino ,
    MK great frag , poor longevity

Michael

Zino

I would go for Michael. I know people here are saying Michael gets bad longevity but Zino is awful on my skin I get about 2-3 hours max with it.
    Bottles for Swap:

Givenchy Pour Homme 1.7oz(97% full)
    CK Obsession Night 1.7oz(97% full)
    Cerruti 1881 1.7oz(50% full)
    Un Jardin Sur De Nil(95% full)

Looking for:

Chanel Allure Sport
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Polo Blue
    Fahrenheit Absolute
    Dolce and Gabbana The One

Hmm... I can`t understand that some people get poor longevity with Michael. It`s one of the fragrances in my collection with best staying-power!

Michael for me! I find the longevity quite good!
    "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau

Ok. I had to buy Michael. Now I've got both
    Impressions - both are very masculin and great. Masculinity more in the intellectual style than macho. Despite the fact that, Zino was launched in 1988 (or 1986), is more modern than much "younger" Gucci PH. Michael is worthy opponent to Zino, but more predictable. Zino is darker and mysterious. It's Goth fragrance One of the most unique scents I ever try. Longevity Michael and Zino is very good on my skin (about 6-8 hours).
    My rating
    Zino - 5/5
    Michael - 4.5/5
    Last edited by Mario-K; 23rd December 2010 at 12:59 PM.

I have both and it's a no brainer. Michael Kors every time.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Zino is a much better fragrance. Michael is harsh and unbalanced, due to many notes that do not work together.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Blog Entries

Oh, that's a tough one.

Try 'em both, they're very different from one another. Out of the two I'd pick Michael just because it's easier for me to wear - Zino not so much.

Then again, I'm a 20 year old student.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

I had to think about this one for a bit.

I love Zino. GOD DAMN LOVE IT!!! I also have a love for Michael and find them both perfect for me. They are both sexy, masculine scents to my nose- each with something different to offer. Zino is elegance and class with a bit of darkness mixed it to add to the intrigue while Michael too is sexy, has a masculine charm, smooth and suave. Damn good question. Hmmmmmm....

I think Zino. I find it unique- not to say Michael doesn't have it's unique qualities and it's a hard fought race but... Zino. Wearing Zino out in a suit, at a restaurant or bar, that lovely, dark, blood red rose oozes sensuality. Michael I could also wear with a suit- at a bar/Gent's club, single malt in hand- relaxed but classy. Zino puts me on the edge a bit- makes it so exciting.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zino, hands down.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Michael if you are looking for a tobacco/peppery frag but Zino wins out in the head to head for me.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Zino is the good guy's scent, 40+ yrs of age, classic suits, oxford shoes etc. Michael's guy is naughty, and definitely more modern and sexy. Both are classic now so don't bother to find out which one is more. I find Zino sweeter and more spicy, has a better sillage and longevity, while Michael with it's smoky and leather notes makes the difference.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Zino
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat clum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    Seneca