Code of Conduct

Default New Posts - Sorry, Basenotes is over capacity.

Getting the "Sorry, Basenotes is over capacity" message when selecting 'New Posts' through all of the past 11 hours. However I can access the forum on a 'board by board' basis.

Just for info.

EDIT: I should also say I understand that you keep setting new records for the number of users on-line Grant. If only there was some way to debit them a fiver every time ....
    Last edited by Dr_Rudi; 23rd December 2010 at 09:56 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: New Posts - Sorry, Basenotes is over capacity.

Exactly the same here.

I haven't had any problems with posts, but am still experiencing problems from time to time accessing the site -- database error.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Same here...can't view new posts because BN is "Over capacity" but only 878 users online a second ago...how is that over capacity?

It happens when I attempt to view a member's posts too. Maybe there isn't the capacity to perform searches?
    "Scent is very important. Strong fragrances suit some men, while citrus types suit others. I like my men to smell fresh and woody, but also like a man."
    Donatella Versace

Same here, but no problem viewing if I go into the threads or with posting

Same thing here. Problems with the various search functions. I really depend on the "New Posts" search, too!

Same here ... I always read Basenotes through the "New Posts" link so this is a pretty serious bug for me. Thanks in advance to the administrators for looking into it.
    Jan Pieter

Quote Originally Posted by jpkunst View Post
    Same here ... I always read Basenotes through the "New Posts" link so this is a pretty serious bug for me. Thanks in advance to the administrators for looking into it.
    Ditto this. :-(

The over-capacity is a little bit misleading. It looks like there is an error with the search function. If it was over capacity then nothing would work at all, but it seems to be always with the search fnction

I'm rebuilding database table at the moment to see if that fixes the issue.

Hi Grant,

Merry Christmas - I'm hoping you have a little break.

7:42 Saturday (GMT) - still having the problem using the 'new posts' feature.

Just for info if it helps diagnose the problem.

Cheers
    Last edited by Dr_Rudi; 25th December 2010 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    ...7:42 Saturday (GMT) - still having the problem using the 'new posts' feature.
    Problem continuing here, too.

Problem still continuing on Monday evening.
    Jan Pieter

Don't know if it helps but I'm not getting e-mail notifications of new posts either, to ... maybe all... threads I've posted/subscribed to, including SoTD.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Also still no notification by email of private messages.

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Don't know if it helps but I'm not getting e-mail notifications of new posts either, to ... maybe all... threads I've posted/subscribed to, including SoTD.
    Same problem for sometime now. I thought it was fixed since I got an email today about a thread I was subscribed to.

same here-not getting email notifications that I have received messages

Getting the same error when doing any kind of searching.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Thanks

Advanced search doesn't work since 24th od December...

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-K View Post
    Advanced search doesn't work since 24th od December...
    Ditto.
    Ce message provient du Québec!

It's all better for me know. Thank you Grant!!
    "Scent is very important. Strong fragrances suit some men, while citrus types suit others. I like my men to smell fresh and woody, but also like a man."
    Donatella Versace

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Great to have search and new posts back!

I still do not get email notifications of private messages (a separate issue, I know, but a relatively recent one, as I used to get the emails.)

I had the problem with emails and discovered that coincidental to the date Basenotes search went down, my e-mails from Basenotes were all getting filtered to spam (no change on my end to my email filters, all BN posts were slated to be labeled and left in my inbox.) So maybe check your email filters and see? (that fixed mine)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    I had the problem with emails and discovered that coincidental to the date Basenotes search went down, my e-mails from Basenotes were all getting filtered to spam (no change on my end to my email filters, all BN posts were slated to be labeled and left in my inbox.) So maybe check your email filters and see? (that fixed mine)
    Thanks for your suggestion!

I always check my spam folder; BN mail has not been going there. I checked all my blocked addresses just now and BN isn't there either. So, it's still unsolved at this point.