Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default So what did Santa bring you?

Hope all your fragrant wishes came true!

My bf is away for Christmas but left a bottle of Eternity under my tree. Apparently everywhere had sold out of the hoped-for Allure when he did his shopping at the last minute, bless him. l had to laugh because he wears Eternity for men, so we now have "his 'n' hers" scents, l'm not sure how l feel about that! lt's kind of cute but corny. But l do love white florals & it ain't half bad. l'm still hoping he'll pick up some Allure at the airport on his way back, though!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Default Re: So what did Santa bring you?

So your bf is Santa? For real? :O

My wonderful husband bought me a bottle of Habanita (one of my most fav frags of all time). He assures me that when I least expect it, he's going to surprise me with my first bottle of Serge Lutens (Arabie).

I also got a great camera! It's been a nice Christmas so far : )

Blog Entries

Santa brought me my wonderful Mom to share Christmas with us for the first time in 20 years, and her first time having Christmas with our daughter, her only grandchild.

Last edited by 30 Roses; 27th December 2010 at 05:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Siifter View Post
    So your bf is Santa? For real? :O
    Hahahahahaha! The secret's out! Siiftie, you kill me.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Santa brought me my wonderful Mom to share Christmas with us for the first time in 20 years, and her first time having Christmas with our daughter, her only grandchild:

That's wonderful 30 Roses, my very best wishes to you for a magical time with your family!

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Hahahahahaha! The secret's out! Siiftie, you kill me.
    So everything about Santa living on the North Pole is nothing more than a simple hoax?! He lives in England! Well I'll be damned!

I didn't ask DH for any perfume this year. I asked him not to buy me any Christmas presents. I don't need a thing, and I'd rather spend on a trip somewhere in early 2011. But he still bought me a couple of presents, some clothes and a new raincoat, which fits thank goodness since I've lost a few pounds. I'm starting my 2011 wish list now. Eternity, as a matter of fact, is on it. I've come to appreciate that fragrance lately, much more than I did when it was first released.

Blog Entries

Thank you, Teardrop!

We just got back from taking Mom home after driving her around to see the Christmas lights on local houses. (There's someone around here whose entire front lawn is lighted decorations, from working carousels to 8 ft hight wooden soldiers.) I think she had a good time.

My daughter gave me Lady Vengeance. Unfortunately, I have been the kind of sick when fragrances are unappealing, so I will save it for better days ahead. My husband gave me a silver bead necklace--quite elegant!

Blog Entries

Santa left a bottle of DSH Mahjoun with my husband and asked to deliver it to me
    I also got a refillable atomizer, a label maker (every perfumista should have one, it said on the label in my DH's handwriting) and a set of cute cat tao glasses (I'm a cat lover, could you tell?)

My Wife bought Creed's Aventus for me.....This is wonderful.....Gary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    My Wife bought Creed's Aventus for me.....This is wonderful.....Gary
    Gary, that IS wonderful! Merry Christmas to you! (I think I'll be giving that to my husband some day, it is wonderful!).

Well my family had a fragrant holiday -Mom ,Dad and I all got a Bulgari .Dad-Black,Mom -Omnia,Me-Voile de Jasmine .I also got Oro by Paulina Rubio (oops-wanted cavalli)and Mom got Brilliance by Jessica McClintock.My brother got Bang(now I have to rebuy for myself) and my sister-in-law got Liz (which is her first name -I just couldn't resist)

Basenotes Plus

My girlfriend got me Xerjoff Nio. I'm understandably delighted.

Sur la Plage

Luckyscent gift certificates!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

A 75ml bell jar of Tubereuse Criminelle with my initials engraved on it from my boyfriend and a 50ml bottle of Rossy de Palma Eau de Protection from my Dad.

Me = happy!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Ooh,now I want my initials engraved on a flacon,too!What I did get was Kelly Caleche,which I asked for as it's a keeper in my wardrobe.My bottle was running quite low;now I can spray with abandon again!Santa also just paid for my overgrown sample basket at TPC.I'm very happy!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

L'Artisan Nuit de Tubereuse, #1 with a bullet on my evergreen wishlist.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Hope all your fragrant wishes came true!

My bf is away for Christmas but left a bottle of Eternity under my tree. Apparently everywhere had sold out of the hoped-for Allure when he did his shopping at the last minute, bless him. l had to laugh because he wears Eternity for men, so we now have "his 'n' hers" scents, l'm not sure how l feel about that! lt's kind of cute but corny. But l do love white florals & it ain't half bad. l'm still hoping he'll pick up some Allure at the airport on his way back, though!
    I'll send u a generous sample of Allure (one of my faves n I have 2 bottles!!) for some Eternity...one of my old 90s faves I haven't owned in a while!
    Jeanie
    Forever in search of Heartfelt....

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Ooh,now I want my initials engraved on a flacon,too!What I did get was Kelly Caleche,which I asked for as it's a keeper in my wardrobe.My bottle was running quite low;now I can spray with abandon again!Santa also just paid for my overgrown sample basket at TPC.I'm very happy!
    LOVE Kelly Caleche...got it for my B-day this past Nov. One of those frags where I wish there were more days in the year just to wear it!!
    Jeanie

Santa brought me my wonderful Mom to share Christmas with us for the first time in 20 years, and her first time having Christmas with our daughter, her only grandchild.
    awww how sweet (sniff, sniff

my Santa did not arrived yet ( he is supposed to come from Germany) due to the bad weather...so still expecting to receive my Onda, Rubj and Kiki somewhere in the mid of next week

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragranc...ARDROBE-108660
    I have become Chanel's biggest fan, so this was PERFECT

Last edited by JeanieE; 26th December 2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: photo

Santa brought me some Chanel, too! I got the No. 5 Eau Premiere gift set which includes the EP spray, plus the body cream and bath gel - I love Chanel bath and body products...so luxurious! He also slipped a bottle of Hermès Elixir des Merveilles in my stocking, so I'm feeling quite spoiled!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Santa replenished my supply of Chergui. Thank you, Santa!

I did very well, except for the cold that Santa brought me at the last minute! Fragrance gifts:

Anné Pliska EdP, from a special fragrance friend
    L'Artisan Fleur de Narcisse, from my husband, kitties, and pup
    Habanita, from myself to myself (last-minute impulse buy)
    Escale à Portofino, from me to my husband (it's really good on him!)

Also some extra-lovely soaps and candles.

Dans la Nuit
    Vers le Jour
    Sans Adieu
    Je Reviens
    Vers Toi

Very cute!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieE View Post
    I'll send u a generous sample of Allure (one of my faves n I have 2 bottles!!) for some Eternity...one of my old 90s faves I haven't owned in a while!
    Jeanie
    Thanks Jeanie, that's very sweet of you! lt's nice to know that Eternity does have fans out there, it doesn't seem like it when you read the reviews here! Even my own review is not terribly complimentary. From now on l'll try & learn to give a fragrance a little more time before writing a review, as l think Eternity is one that l could grow to love.

At the moment l don't have the knowhow or the equipment for making samples or decants, but now l've been here a little while l really must look into it!

Did l just make 2 New Year resolutions??

Ho ho ho what a surprise my best friend gave me Infusion d'Homme, not that i really wanted it, but she thought i did, so sweet of her, and it wears easily clean with incense. the d'Iris remindes me too much of my grandma's garden to wear. and i appreciate that my dear friend accepts me wearing fragrances marketed as masculine.
    She also put in a home fragrance from Zara home, the Dark Amber and that suits my little dwellings pretty, when in need of someting more fresh than the incenses i ususally burn (the agar wood incense is my latest addiction).
    I gave her some musc rose creams from Welleda, a honey scented shower gel and an orange soap made by hand in India. She only wears Eau d'Issey anyway and has 3 back bottles, so she is not getting this from me. I want to give her Cabaret by Gres now i have tested it, a (indeed) transparent rose dipped in champagne, so she gets it in the new year.
    Vivre d’erreurs et de parfums.

Pour comprendre le bonheur, il faut le voir comme étant une récompense et jamais un but. (Antoine de St Exupéry).

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I'm enjoying your stories, people. That photo has me completely drawn in, 30R. I'm utterly infatuated with that pair of girls.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

This thread is fabulous! Like Quarry, I'm SO loving that photo of your girls 30roses!

An engraved bell jar from SL, re-supplying of faves, LuckyScent gift cards & wish list suprises! A very Merry Christmas indeed!

My dear hubby doesn't try to buy me any fragrance suprises...so count me among the gift card recipients! He did suprise me with a sterling Tiffany's whistle ~ for my 'recess aide' job at the intermediate school. I LOVE IT!

The last Christmases I have been my own perfume Santa but this year I decided not to buy any perfume for Christmas. But I wished and got a package of three Chanel No 5 soaps from my daughter.

Blog Entries

((hugs)) to Ubu and Quarry! I do love my "girls"! Mom had me print out multiple copies of it so she could send it to her friends and her relatives in Italy and Australia!

Great picture, 30 Roses. What a wonderful Christmas. This thread is fabulous!

I received all sorts of smelly things. I think my mom bought out B&BW this year ; lots of lotions & gels; a plumeria-scented gift set from my little sis; Fergie's Outspoken body mist from my mother-in-law (she buys most her beauty products from Avon, and got all the gals perfume this year; I'm the only one to whom she gave something different; so sweet ); DH got me Eau Premiere, which I got to open early and have been thoroughly enjoying ; and last but not least, enough $$ to buy myself a backup of Tabac Blond. (I have been freaking out, as it is almost half empty .)

I must have been really good, I made out like a bandit and feel guilty about it. But sticking to scent related items, my parents got me Narcisse Noir and I bought myself Theorema Esprit d'Ete, figured I'd grab a bottle before all things Theorema are impossible to find.

30Roses, that photo is lovely, a truly wonderful Christmas gift that no price could ever be put on.

As for what I received;

Hubby gave me; Orage and Orgueil, both vintage scents by Lucien Lelong. A Lava lamp that is so pretty and mesmerizing. A cute little toy called "Playful Penguins" where the penguins go up this escalator and slide down a slide and do it all again; a truly awesome thing to watch.
    My best friend gave me a vintage 'consignment store find' Bal a Versailles 1oz extrait from the 60's. I was so excited.

Mama gave me Diptyque soaps, L'ombre dans l'eau and Tam Dao and quite a few sweaters, shirts, shoes and a new beret.

Sister in law gave me a gift card to the "Fragrance Bar" to make my own scent. We will see what happens.

In-laws gave me a beautiful camera and a huge vintage "Johnson Bros. Friendly Village" centerpiece bowl they found in an antique store.

Another friend gave me No 5 soap, which is smelling up the whole bedroom...mmmm, delicious.

Hubby also gave me the best present of all. Yesterday, while dropping off my poor Christie's unused special kitty-food at the shelter, we adopted a beautiful new kitty. He is around 1 year old and his name is Barley. Once he has adjusted to home more I will post a photo of him. So even though we started last week off with the heartbreak of our Christie kitty passing. we ended the week by giving another shelter-kitty a forever home. I hope he will be happy and settled in soon.

as for what I gave others, well I sold many of my limited editions and vintage scents on ebay to make money for the holidays, so I gave everyone all they had wanted, or mentioned wanting. So, I hope I made everyone a happy reveler this Christmas season.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Blog Entries

Brielle, sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, and so did Barley, getting a new home where he will be loved.

Brielle, sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, and so did Barley, getting a new home where he will be loved.
    I did and he is well loved. He is just a perfect little snuggler. I will post photos soon.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

I haven't received a fragrance gift in a long time, but this Christmas my cousin gave me a bottle of Salvatore Ferragamo pour femme. I don't know how she decided on this fragrance, but I absolutely love it, and it suits me very well!

What's funny is that I kind of dread getting any perfume gifts that I myself haven't picked out, because of my already large collection. I would worry that I will already have it, or that I won't like it. But this gift was so perfect because I have never smelled this fragrance before nor had I heard of it. And the fact that someone who doesn't share this perfume hobby was able to give me something that I really love wearing just tickles me.

Banned

Santa was very generous this year with Bang Portrait of a Lady.
    Last edited by teger; 5th January 2011 at 12:40 AM.

From a gorgeous, very generous friend a giftset with Lancome Tresor in Love and another giftset of Nanette Lepore which came with the cutest bubble bath liquid.

I don't often get perfume for Christmas, so I was very excited
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

After my going through several samples of Jayne Ormonde Ta'if, Santa brought me a FB!

Basenotes Plus

No perfume but a new laptop was most welcome. Besides, I had splurged at the Fall Ball in October & bought plenty perfume for myself. Miller Harris Vetiver Bourbon edp & Citrus body lotion. Bruno Amphora set of seven essences.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Love your photo, 30 Roses.

I got a precious and perfect No. 5 pure perfume. It's a different experience altogether.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

My family extends the holiday season by saving one gift from Christmas to open on Epiphany (Jan 6th) well we celebrated late and so I just opened a .5 oz bottle of Knowing by Estee Lauder given to me by my Grams.

Chanel #5 EDT
    Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque
    Kielhs Musc
    Ava Luxe Kama
    BPAL's Winter Solstic Lunar Eclipse

mmmmmm!
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer