Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I recently got a decant and tried it yesterday. Not sure what the batch # is, unfortunately, but it has a kind of "clean" smoke type of thing going on, as well as a kind of green/leafy pineapple accord that lasts a long time. Any idea what # this one is? Thanks.
    You prolly got the batch we are talking about. When I first spray it, I get apples, pineapples and clean, then the drydown is a bit smoky and thick but every now and then I catch whiffs of fruit. It's a different fragrance. It works best with me if I use only 1 spray because I'm so used to the sample vials and dabbed the juice on me and the spray is a lot more concentrated so 1 spray for me but seems to work well. I'll try spraying some in a vial and test it this way too. Do you like the cologne?

Post Thanks / Like

I will post that I wore to work today and the 1st hour my employees were saying how clean and fruity and fresh the scent was then as it dried down they said smelled a little musky. I don't know what to think. One minute I love it, the next I'm telling myself this is good of it were under $100 but then the fruit smell comes back. Lol. The cologne is somewhat bipolar haha

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just received 4oz from Creed boutique, batch # A42B11Y02

Kind of a blind buy, so I dont have much to go on for reference. Anyone know anything about this batch? First impressions are good so far

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by micah323 View Post
    Just received 4oz from Creed boutique, batch # A42B11Y02

Kind of a blind buy, so I dont have much to go on for reference. Anyone know anything about this batch? First impressions are good so far
    Honestly, I understand that batches may have slight variations. I am not 100% sold that they are that different. I thought because I was reading on basenotes and think it had a "placebo" effect on my senses because I stopped by Saks and sprayed aventus on me, different batch number than mine, and they all dried down the same. I will say if I dab the cologne on me from a vial, it dries differently. I think the cologne is so unique that it has different scents that it projects with our moods/chemistry. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

After getting the "ashy" A42B10K04 back in June 2010, I got a new 120ml bottle of Aventus from Harrods. This time it's batch number A42B11Y01 which I have yet to open as I still have some of the old one left. I actually contemplated getting a flacon (250ml), but in the end went for the 120ml 'just in case'. It seems the flacon was a C-series batch number, which is also what the 30ml (small size) bottles tend to be. Time will tell...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    Absolutely no difference, identical to my 2010 bottle. You e-tards need to stop stirring the pot.

Batch #'s for reference:
    A4210G01C
    S42B11S01
    What did you think of the bottle(S42B11S01)? I'm curious. I honestly thought the whole batch conspiracy was real, but after I kept using it and using it, it seems all the same to me. I think that our noses just get used to the fragrance and we tend to pick up different notes. Each day is a little different than the next. I have heard that S42B11S01 is a great batch then I have seen others bash it. After reading people's reviews, they ALL seem to say the exact same thing--- "opens up fruity, pineapple, apples, blah blah, then dry down is a bit musky, mysterious, blah blah" I think people got too much times on their hands. Let me know what you think about that particular batch compared to all others you have tried. lol. Enjoy

Post Thanks / Like

120 ml batch # A42B11N01
    Absolutely identical to A42B11S01.
    So, who was the first basenoter who opened this pandora box?

Do I just not like this fragrance? I have batch A42B10K02, the opening is good but literally in seconds it turns into a smokey almost campfire smell with a hint of fruit....and I hate the smell of campfires. I am not sure if its just the batch I do not like or the scent itself. Does anyone know of a more fruity batch than A42B10K02? Or does anyone else have a bottle from this batch and care to share their thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    Do I just not like this fragrance? I have batch A42B10K02, the opening is good but literally in seconds it turns into a smokey almost campfire smell with a hint of fruit....and I hate the smell of campfires. I am not sure if its just the batch I do not like or the scent itself. Does anyone know of a more fruity batch than A42B10K02? Or does anyone else have a bottle from this batch and care to share their thoughts?
    Find a 2011 batch. 2010 had some different ones.
    Now if they can keep it up without rushing or substituting things, should keep some people happy.

Post Thanks / Like

If we all smelled the exact same batch at the exact same exact time, we would all have different opinions on what we all smelled. This is because we all have previous experiences with other fragrances and the diversity of our olfactory processes. I have 2 bottles of Aventus, I cant tell one from the other when I spray it. They are the same to me. I have tried to find a significant difference, but cant. These scents have different ingredents and different noses will pick out different notes. What matters is what YOU smell and if YOU like it. Still learning this myself I might add.

Post Thanks / Like

People just dont want to admit that they dont like Aventus.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Post Thanks / Like

Tested this yesterday from a decant I received from a SA from NM and I love this fragrance. It awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Aventus has really grown on me & I've done a 180 from when I first sampled it. Also, I guess I'm a bit weird, but honestly, the "ashy" batches are really my favorites out of the ones I've sampled. I love the smoky/ashy sample I first ordered from The Perfume Court. To me, it just gives it more character and intrigue than the batches that are more fruity. So I may actually try & look back through the thread & get a large decant or bottle of one of the ashier batches.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    Aventus has really grown on me & I've done a 180 from when I first sampled it. Also, I guess I'm a bit weird, but honestly, the "ashy" batches are really my favorites out of the ones I've sampled. I love the smoky/ashy sample I first ordered from The Perfume Court. To me, it just gives it more character and intrigue than the batches that are more fruity. So I may actually try & look back through the thread & get a large decant or bottle of one of the ashier batches.
    Yeah I think it's one of those scents that just continually grows on you. I can honestly say that the batch that I have(S42B11S01) is pretty good. I first thought that it was ashy and very smokey, but the more I tried other aventus bottles, I'm like wow, this batch is very strong and fresh. The top notes are very strong. It eventually dries down to a amber scent but it's very clean. I like this batch a lot. I went to Saks today and was curious so sprayed a spray of a diff batch and it seemed to be a more toned down, not so strong, mellower batch. Not to my liking. I think it began with an A and ended with a 4 or something. However, they weren't that far off like some has said.

Post Thanks / Like

I am liking this batch more with each wearing as well. The longevity could be better, though...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a new aventus bottle today from holt renfrew in montreal. The batch is A42B11S01. All I can say is WOW!! Very fruity and just a bit smoky to not get too fruity. Also it looks to be very good in silage. At first I thought it was too strong since when I sprayed 2 time on me it smelled very strong everywhere in the house for a quite long time. But on my skin it went smooth. A nice vibe of smoky pineapple. The best batch I got from now!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I am liking this batch more with each wearing as well. The longevity could be better, though...
    I agree. How can you compare this batch to any of your prior batches besides the longevity. If you were basing on smell alone. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. How can you compare this batch to any of your prior batches besides the longevity. If you were basing on smell of the fragrance/drydown ect. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I would say that the smell is pretty much the same, actually. The smoky drydown remains longer in the case of the decant. Maybe the decant is thus more smoky, as the smoke note lasts longer...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coolboy153 View Post
    Got a new aventus bottle today from holt renfrew in montreal. The batch is A42B11S01. All I can say is WOW!! Very fruity and just a bit smoky to not get too fruity. Also it looks to be very good in silage. At first I thought it was too strong since when I sprayed 2 time on me it smelled very strong everywhere in the house for a quite long time. But on my skin it went smooth. A nice vibe of smoky pineapple. The best batch I got from now!!
    Yep, good stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    Yep, good stuff!
    When you say smoky what do u mean? Do u not get the birch Drydown? Doesn't your batch turn to a fruity, ambergris, clean smell?

Post Thanks / Like

I actually don't seem to get the Creed ambergris house note with Aventus at any stage...

Post Thanks / Like

I actually don't seem to get the Creed ambergris house note with Aventus at any stage...
    I get mine towards very end however I only can smell it on me. What I mean is the next day when I smell my shirt or coat, whatever I smell how everyone else smells me and it's awesome. Love tht scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Aventus is a very good cologne. A Top 20 member for me. One of the best features is that it is truly seasonless. Truly a year around scent. Most scents are not.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Aventus is a very good cologne. A Top 20 member for me. One of the best features is that it is truly seasonless. Truly a year around scent. Most scents are not.
    I feel this way as well. If I had just a single fragrance, I think this is it. Ultimately versatile.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

I've had A42B11N01 for quite some time and it's fantastic, blackcurrent and pineapple is very strong in this batch..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimandT View Post
    When you say smoky what do u mean? Do u not get the birch Drydown? Doesn't your batch turn to a fruity, ambergris, clean smell?
    Not sure if your question is actually for me, but the 2 batches I have represent all the aspects mentioned. They open fresh but bold, sweet and fruity but with a peppery leather( maybe this is the blackcurrent); which is what I preceive to make the smokiness. Each accord is represented well with no specific note overpowering the other. Very balanced, incredible longevity and projection in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I've had A42B11N01 for quite some time and it's fantastic, blackcurrent and pineapple is very strong in this batch..
    Its my favourite one too, I think its got great balance and never fails to get a positive reaction.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if your question is actually for me, but the 2 batches I have represent all the aspects mentioned. They open fresh but bold, sweet and fruity but with a peppery leather( maybe this is the blackcurrent); which is what I preceive to make the smokiness. Each accord is represented well with no specific note overpowering the other. Very balanced, incredible longevity and projection in my experience.
    Ya I truly believe that everyone has the same experience with Aventus. Everyone's noses are different so of course they pick up different notes but honestly no matter which batch I try they all seem to do the same thing lol.

Last evening Ive tried the S42B11S01 batch and I must say Im sold!

God! 1 Spray on the arm and it completelly took the room! Tea for Two and others just didnt stood a chance!

1 spray and I can still smell it on my arm! Delicious, fruity, woody...

Anyone knows where theyre selling this particular batch, or some similar? I can only buy it online...

Thanks!

Seems like the consistancy sissues from the past are resolved. Everyone seems to be getting "good" bottles.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post

God! 1 Spray on the arm and it completelly took the room! Tea for Two and others just didnt stood a chance!

Anyone knows where theyre selling this particular batch, or some similar? I can only buy it online...

Thanks!
    Amen brother! I also have this batch and LOVE it. I got it as a gift so I don't know where to tell you to get it. I think it would be hard to buy a batch online. Your best bet would be to possibly look on EBay and ask sellers hat their batch numbers are b4 buying. You could also maybe buy from a basenoter. I personally love aventus. I think it's an amazing scent. Have you had any other batches to compare this to?

Male Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well to join the fun, my batch is A42B10K03, bought from Liberty of London about 12 months ago. It has plenty of pineapple and lasts all day. And smells much the same as the sample I got from Essenza Nobile a few months prior. Otherwise I haven't compared it with any other batch but I am quite content.
    Last edited by Marais; 17th January 2012 at 05:45 PM.
    Disclaimer: idk lol

Amen brother! I also have this batch and LOVE it. I got it as a gift so I don't know where to tell you to get it. I think it would be hard to buy a batch online. Your best bet would be to possibly look on EBay and ask sellers hat their batch numbers are b4 buying. You could also maybe buy from a basenoter. I personally love aventus. I think it's an amazing scent. Have you had any other batches to compare this to?
    In fact I do have a sample bought from a fellow basenote here. Although its smells really good, its not an spray sample neither I can tell the batch number. The spray from Creed is like rain (lol) so I got a full spray on arm and could have a better idea of it.

Thanks for your tips on asking seller. I shall do that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post

Thanks!
    http://www.perfumeemporium.com/perfu...-Aventus-Creed
    and search for a promo code on the net to save a few bucks.
    This is where my S42B11S01 came from. But it appears that all 2011 batches are being reported as great.

This is where my S42B11S01 came from. But it appears that all 2011 batches are being reported as great.
    Nice. Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty crazy how this scent develops more and more as you wear it. It's like my scents change to "that" cologne. It is kind of addicting, the scent that is. It changes on me all day. I may but a few different Creeds and wear them on and off but if Creed said they were only going with Aventus, I wouldn't be upset. Lol.

Is it confirmed that the 4.0 oz bottles are from the 2011 batch as well?

Post Thanks / Like

I love Aventus! Brings a smile to my face everytime I get wiff of it.

I've yet to tryout the 2011 batch, but I'm attempting to get a decant of it soon...

Post Thanks / Like

Is it confirmed that the 4.0 oz bottles are from the 2011 batch as well?
    I have a 4 ounce bottle.

I have a 4 ounce bottle.
    Thanks, will probably give them a shot then.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, will probably give them a shot then.
    No problem. Keep me posted and let me know what you think! Good luck and enjoy.

Just wondering, if I was to buy a bottle direct from Creed, am I fairly likely to get one from a 2011 batch?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sdmilne View Post
    Just wondering, if I was to buy a bottle direct from Creed, am I fairly likely to get one from a 2011 batch?
    Good question. Call creed boutique and ask them. They could be resourceful, which they should, BUT they could let u down. Good luck

Good question. Call creed boutique and ask them. They could be resourceful, which they should, BUT they could let u down. Good luck
    Luis and Rodney are professionals, they will tell you what batch numbers they carry..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Luis and Rodney are professionals, they will tell you what batch numbers they carry..
    I wasn't thinking he would all the actual store, I thought he was going to call the online number to their website and ask them. But ya call the boutique in NYC and I'm sure they could help you out.

Post Thanks / Like

For far everyone has been very happy with 2011 batches. The flacon i got from the NYC boutique was much darker than the 2010 i had before. The 2010 batch was completely clear and the 2011 was golden yellow color.

I still haven't really noticed a real difference in smell like other have though.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    For far everyone has been very happy with 2011 batches. The flacon i got from the NYC boutique was much darker than the 2010 i had before. The 2010 batch was completely clear and the 2011 was golden yellow color.

I still haven't really noticed a real difference in smell like other have though.
    Really? The juice in my bottle is clear, and it's a 2011 batch...

Post Thanks / Like

They probably just used an extra drop of coloring in my batch.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Post Thanks / Like

They probably just used an extra drop of coloring in my batch.
    This cologne gets better as u wear it. It's a "feel good" cologne. I'm addicted to it. I literally get a Sensgasm when I set it. I can't but help cAtching myself spraying this on me all day to just get that good feel. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is, when I first got the sample vial from saks, I loved it. I was sold. Problem is, I was thinking infant want to drop $285 for a cologne I may not like bc it could change over time. Thing is this cologne starts out at its baddest state(smokey or leathery type smell, kind of strong) them you are saying that this doesn't smell like the tester. I was upset at first. You can go back through my earlier posts and you'll see. Over time this scent is genius. It always smells like the "vial" sample now. It never loses its top notes. They are always there in the background. I love this scent. My number 1

bought an ounce of a42b11x04 today at the nyc boutique..

very ashy in my opinion, hint of pineapple but everytime i put my nose to it i get more of a campfire

i dono if i should go and get an exchange :/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ericky View Post

very ashy in my opinion, hint of pineapple but everytime i put my nose to it i get more of a campfire

Keep it. Mine started out that way. Another basenoter on here gave me a hint to do smaller, shorter sprays. This has helped a lot. Give it a try! Lmk

Keep it. Mine started out that way. Another basenoter on here gave me a hint to do smaller, shorter sprays. This has helped a lot. Give it a try! Lmk
    the sprayer smells delicious
    perfect mix of pineapple and blackcurrant

i'll try giving it a day's wear tomorrow and if anything i'm sure the guys at the boutique will let me exchange it....

the sample of Jardin d'Amalfi that i got with it smells great though

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what Aventus smells like. If you exchange it then the next batch you get will smell the same.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Thats what Aventus smells like. If you exchange it then the next batch you get will smell the same.
    are you saying that the pineapple should completely disappear after 10 minutes?

Post Thanks / Like

are you saying that the pineapple should completely disappear after 10 minutes?
    Naw. Two ideas. Either spray in lighter sprays OR spray in a sample vial, glass vial ect and dab on. It's def got a diff smell.

Post Thanks / Like

Try spraying less, spraying lower on the abdomen, 3 sprays max. You will get a little fruit coming through all day mixed w the smokiness.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Post Thanks / Like

But.... Just remember, the more you wear aventus, the more it starts smelling different and the cologne waves different notes. It's awesome. I used to think it was ashy but then the more I wore it the better the smell got. Keep trying it, give it time

i'm worried about how much a 1oz of a creed can last with their spray clouds as well haha