Code of Conduct
Page 11 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 5904
  1. #301

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I got another batch of C42B11N01 today for the latest split and its excellent as per the previous three. Unfortunately I asked for the free samples to be Aventus too and they sent me six vials of A42B10K04 and the difference is staggering.

    The samples have very poor longevity, Has next to no potency/projection and doesn't smell pleasant. If you think people may have been exaggerating in the past when saying its all ashy and has no top notes then I can assure you they weren't. Its absolutely dreadful and has none of the characteristic of a good bottle. Its got more in common with a toilet bleach and the majority of the notes just aren't there.

    If peoples first encounter with Aventus is one of these late 2010 batches then I'm not surprised they think its not worth purchasing. It should never have been bottled and made available for people to purchase.

  2. #302

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    I got another batch of C42B11N01 today for the latest split and its excellent as per the previous three. Unfortunately I asked for the free samples to be Aventus too and they sent me six vials of A42B10K04 and the difference is staggering.

    The samples have very poor longevity, Has next to no potency/projection and doesn't smell pleasant. If you think people may have been exaggerating in the past when saying its all ashy and has no top notes then I can assure you they weren't. Its absolutely dreadful and has none of the characteristic of a good bottle. Its got more in common with a toilet bleach and the majority of the notes just aren't there.

    If peoples first encounter with Aventus is one of these late 2010 batches then I'm not surprised they think its not worth purchasing. It should never have been bottled and made available for people to purchase.
    The creed boutique has a 2.5 oz batch of c4211b01 and a 4oz of A42B11n01, which one should i go for? I heard both are very good, and according to you this batch is excellent.

  3. #303

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I meant C42B11N01

  4. #304

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I'm never sure what the letter at the start defines, Since neither are the same I can't really be sure if the 4oz one will be the same as the one I've got experience with due to the A/C switch.

    edit - if its the same go for it, You won't be dissapointed with this batch. From what I've experienced so far its my favourite one.

  5. #305

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    I'm never sure what the letter at the start defines, Since neither are the same I can't really be sure if the 4oz one will be the same as the one I've got experience with due to the A/C switch.

    edit - if its the same go for it, You won't be dissapointed with this batch. From what I've experienced so far its my favourite one.
    Ok thank you for the input, does the C batch have rich pineapple In the top and less ash?

  6. #306
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    yea, you can try batch C42B11N01 , i got it from Kron and i really like it.

  7. #307

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    I got another batch of C42B11N01 today for the latest split and its excellent as per the previous three. Unfortunately I asked for the free samples to be Aventus too and they sent me six vials of A42B10K04 and the difference is staggering..
    i would caution against comparing Aventus from a spray bottle to Aventus by dabbing on a sample. the atomizing of the fragrance makes a HUGE difference in how it behaves. dabbing Aventus on, it is very flat, with no projection or sillage.

    if possible, try putting the sample vial into a very small atomizer (like the little guys that Nordstrom gives out). see how it is then.

  8. #308

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Yeah thats what I do, I don't like using dabbing vials either.

  9. #309

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Wow, buying my first car was easier than this! I will be ordering Aventus in directly from the Creed boutique. I plan to ask them the lot number they are sending me, and do some searching before hand. If I am satisfied with what I read, then I'll spend the 280 or w/e. However, if it arrives and it smells ashy, can I return it for a different batch provided I only enough to determine the scent?

  10. #310

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGrappler View Post
    Wow, buying my first car was easier than this! I will be ordering Aventus in directly from the Creed boutique. I plan to ask them the lot number they are sending me, and do some searching before hand. If I am satisfied with what I read, then I'll spend the 280 or w/e. However, if it arrives and it smells ashy, can I return it for a different batch provided I only enough to determine the scent?
    It's best to ask this question to the Creed Boutique before you buy as some retail outlets will not let you return it if it has been used at all even one spray. This is to the fact that they cannot sell it used at full price and will lose money. So check before you buy.

  11. #311

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Thank you, I have just sent an email to them via Creedbotique so I look forward to hear what they say. This really is a toss up for my signature scent for the next couple of years, Aventus or Reflection Man. I love both but can only afford one, oh the horror!

  12. #312

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGrappler View Post
    Wow, buying my first car was easier than this! I will be ordering Aventus in directly from the Creed boutique. I plan to ask them the lot number they are sending me, and do some searching before hand. If I am satisfied with what I read, then I'll spend the 280 or w/e. However, if it arrives and it smells ashy, can I return it for a different batch provided I only enough to determine the scent?

    The Creed in NYC will allow you to exchange it....they are really good at taking care of their customers that way....

  13. #313

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Just received my bottle a few days ago, have tried it on the day of arrival, and today for the second time. I had not read this thread before receiving it, and wouldn't have bothered if not for the massive disappointment and disillusionment I've had with this scent.

    Based on reviews I was expecting heavy pineapple. What I got was a faint smoky scent, very weak. If this was a $10 cheap generic cologne I'd still have my expectations shattered. I smelt no pineapple. Let's ignore day 1, I decided to give it another shot today, properly, before going out.

    I sprayed it 5 times (1 on each side of the neck, 1 to the chest, 1 to each wrist), and it was smoky again. I smelt a hint of freshness, and it actually did have a bit of resemblance (if you could get past the smokiness) to Joop Nightflight, which apparently is a pineapple scent as well. Maybe I don't know what pineapple smells like?

    Anyway, within 5 minutes I still had trouble smelling any freshness, so I applied another 3-4 sprays, and once more on my shirt. Through the 2-3 hours I spent at a restaurant, I couldn't really smell more than faint whiff of 'freshness'. It's been about 4 hours now, and I still cant smell anything unless I hold my nose right up to my skin.

    MASSIVE disappointment. I came to Basenotes to see what they had to say, and looked up my batch number (a42b10k04) and see it's not only me.

    I can't believe I threw away so much money on possibly the worst blind buy I've ever had (outside of Alan Cumming's cologne). That said, I'm going to give it a few more tries. I remember I hated Zino Davidoff and M7 the first few times I tried them on, before coming to love them. But at least I could still smell those after applying! Not so with this POS Creed.

  14. #314

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Unfortunately you've bought what many people consider to be the worst batch of Aventus out there. Another thing you've got to keep in check with Aventus is overspraying, Its a deceptively strong fragrance and you'll get the effect of not being able to smell it if overapplied.

    Send it back if you're not happy with it.

  15. #315

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Just received my bottle a few days ago, have tried it on the day of arrival, and today for the second time. I had not read this thread before receiving it, and wouldn't have bothered if not for the massive disappointment and disillusionment I've had with this scent.

    Based on reviews I was expecting heavy pineapple. What I got was a faint smoky scent, very weak. If this was a $10 cheap generic cologne I'd still have my expectations shattered. I smelt no pineapple. Let's ignore day 1, I decided to give it another shot today, properly, before going out.

    I sprayed it 5 times (1 on each side of the neck, 1 to the chest, 1 to each wrist), and it was smoky again. I smelt a hint of freshness, and it actually did have a bit of resemblance (if you could get past the smokiness) to Joop Nightflight, which apparently is a pineapple scent as well. Maybe I don't know what pineapple smells like?

    Anyway, within 5 minutes I still had trouble smelling any freshness, so I applied another 3-4 sprays, and once more on my shirt. Through the 2-3 hours I spent at a restaurant, I couldn't really smell more than faint whiff of 'freshness'. It's been about 4 hours now, and I still cant smell anything unless I hold my nose right up to my skin.

    MASSIVE disappointment. I came to Basenotes to see what they had to say, and looked up my batch number (a42b10k04) and see it's not only me.

    I can't believe I threw away so much money on possibly the worst blind buy I've ever had (outside of Alan Cumming's cologne). That said, I'm going to give it a few more tries. I remember I hated Zino Davidoff and M7 the first few times I tried them on, before coming to love them. But at least I could still smell those after applying! Not so with this POS Creed.
    Haha, well I had one of the "good batches" apparently and your description/views matches mine. It's not only you... Aventus ranks among the top overrated fragrances in my books. It's a shame though because when it was first released and I tried it, I got all the fruit and I loved it... so it leads me to believe that when Creed first launches a line, it's quality.. and after a while, they use cheaper ingredients or something.. Same thing with MI, when it first launched, it smelled more fruity, the newer batches have way more salt.
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

  16. #316

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I am wearing Aventus today and am really enjoying it....although today was from a sample vial that I dabbed on.

  17. #317

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by drchipinski View Post
    The Creed in NYC will allow you to exchange it....they are really good at taking care of their customers that way....
    Ah, too bad I am located in New Zealand I have emailed ParfumsRaffy since Creed hasn't gotten back to me and they have C42B10K04 in stock, which according to some users here is a terrible ashy lot. Luckily, my friend has the same lot number and is sending me a 5ml sample so I can see for myself.

    Thanks for all the replies.

  18. #318

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    You know what? Just don't buy Aventus if you don't like ash/smoke. Just don't! Who carers what batch you get, you'll moan! Jut get something you'll definitely like!!

  19. #319

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    You know what? Just don't buy Aventus if you don't like ash/smoke. Just don't! Who carers what batch you get, you'll moan! Jut get something you'll definitely like!!
    Or maybe I'll get a batch that reminds me of the one I smelled a few months ago in Singapore. The richest and freshest pineapple and apple plus the best note of vanilla I've ever smelt. No ash or smoke at all. I really don't think I'll moan after I get something that smells like that.

    Thank you for your useless post.

  20. #320

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGrappler View Post
    Or maybe I'll get a batch that reminds me of the one I smelled a few months ago in Singapore. The richest and freshest pineapple and apple plus the best note of vanilla I've ever smelt. No ash or smoke at all. I really don't think I'll moan after I get something that smells like that.

    Thank you for your useless post.
    It's supposed to smell smoky!! If you had a batch without the smokey qualities, THAT was the bad batch.

    My original post was not aimed specifically at you, by the way.
    Last edited by boosh; 23rd July 2011 at 03:50 PM.

  21. #321
    b0n3z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    892

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Today's batches are just not the same as the ones at launch. It's as simple as that. This scent was changed, and for the worse in my opinion. Glad I got enough of the original stuff to last me a lifetime.

    Pretty much the same type of transition occured from Windsor I to Windsor II. Windsor I will never be back.. as I feel the launch Aventus will never be back. Get hunting if you are so inclined. For me, it was well worth it in both instances. Good luck all.

  22. #322

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Got my aventus today A42B11N01 and the Pineapple is much more prominent than the last bottle I had (A42B10K02) Also the longevity is much better. With that said it's still not as good as the first batch I bought which was
    C4210E01, that batch lasted forever on my skin...
    Last edited by checker; 23rd July 2011 at 03:26 AM.

  23. #323

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Based on reviews I was expecting heavy pineapple. What I got was a faint smoky scent, very weak. If this was a $10 cheap generic cologne I'd still have my expectations shattered. I smelt no pineapple. Let's ignore day 1, I decided to give it another shot today, properly, before going out.

    I sprayed it 5 times (1 on each side of the neck, 1 to the chest, 1 to each wrist), and it was smoky again. I smelt a hint of freshness, and it actually did have a bit of resemblance (if you could get past the smokiness) to Joop Nightflight, which apparently is a pineapple scent as well. Maybe I don't know what pineapple smells like?

    Anyway, within 5 minutes I still had trouble smelling any freshness, so I applied another 3-4 sprays, and once more on my shirt. Through the 2-3 hours I spent at a restaurant, I couldn't really smell more than faint whiff of 'freshness'. It's been about 4 hours now, and I still cant smell anything unless I hold my nose right up to my skin.

    MASSIVE disappointment. I came to Basenotes to see what they had to say, and looked up my batch number (a42b10k04) and see it's not only me.

    I can't believe I threw away so much money on possibly the worst blind buy I've ever had (outside of Alan Cumming's cologne). That said, I'm going to give it a few more tries. I remember I hated Zino Davidoff and M7 the first few times I tried them on, before coming to love them. But at least I could still smell those after applying! Not so with this POS Creed.
    Quite interesting.

    That happens easily when you believe a couple of Creed plants who blatantly hype up a given fragrance, rather than "trust but verify" with your own nose.

    I never bought any Aventus, but I did spray from a N.M. tester two days in a row, which was enough, and I find your review rather mild.

    I do regret your experience, though. Next time, try to go through divergent testimonies with a better sense of who seems to speak out truthfully and who seems to be attempting to increase the sales of a matchlessly shameless brand.

  24. #324
    zztopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    the Dirty South
    Posts
    6,648

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Now now Mazel-troll, the mods are watching, you have already had one thread locked two days ago..
    -

  25. #325

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I should update; I decided to try the Aventus again today before heading out to work. 5 sprays (as I said earlier, it was very weak to my nose), and this time, I couldn't detect any of that smoke/ash that I'd previously detected. While I still can't smell any pineapple, and it seemed like a weak citrus scent to me, I wore it all day with no thought about it, until late afternoon when a female colleague, who I've known 2 years, complimented my cologne and asked what it was. It was particularly surprising as she's never complimented (or even mentioned) any of my previous scents in all the time I've known her, plus the fact that I could barely smell it.

    I don't know, can a cologne take some time to 'settle' after air transport? I hope that's the case, and that smoke smell stays gone. I'll have to keep trying Aventus at least 2x a week, see how I go from here. I'm slightly less pissed off with this purchase now.

  26. #326

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    Today's batches are just not the same as the ones at launch. It's as simple as that. This scent was changed, and for the worse in my opinion. Glad I got enough of the original stuff to last me a lifetime.

    Pretty much the same type of transition occured from Windsor I to Windsor II. Windsor I will never be back.. as I feel the launch Aventus will never be back. Get hunting if you are so inclined. For me, it was well worth it in both instances. Good luck all.
    This is simply not true.

    I've had 3 Aventus's now. On opening day last summer (E01), a flacon in the winter (J01), and a bottle a couple months ago (K03).

    Guess what... they are ALL THE SAME. If I had to sit down and was forced to conjur up a difference for the sake of controversy on a website, I would say that J01 batch has a touch more blackcurrant. Stop the presses!

    However, I've used the same bottle on different occasions and this frag DOES react differently based on humidity, heat, and other factors. Boosh is 100% correct, this IS an ashy/birchy/oakmoss scent at its heart. If you don't like that, then MOVE ON! Sometimes, the pineapple/apple/fruity topnotes will last 5 minutes. Sometimes it will last 1 hour. This happens regardless of the batch, people.

    As far as Windsor II, again, I own both and I regularly do wrist-to-wrist comparisons with no success in being able to distinguish a difference. I will say that the Windsor II lasts a little longer, so in my opinion, WII wins.

    If you would look back at the original Windsor and Aventus threads, you will see that this whole entire "batch" controversy stems from the comments of ONE (i.m.o.) over-respected member. A member who over-invested in Windsor I and has an incentive to bash the second release, and this member also hated Aventus from the start and decided to wage a campaign against it by over-blowing the slight-to-nil differences in batch releases. I won't "out" this member... it's in the books as they say if you care to do some research.

    The point is... not everyone will like every fragrance. If you don't like Aventus, that's fine. That's your personal taste. I like Aventus from the first sniff from the first batch a year ago, and I like Aventus from this morning's application from one of the latest batchs.

    But just say "this fragrance isn't for me"!!! It's NOT some f'ing conspiracy from the folks at Creed to screw you over personally. And the people who claim this are either woefully gullible or fantastically egotistical. Or perhaps an unfortunate combination of both.
    Last edited by fumegator; 28th July 2011 at 01:26 PM.

  27. #327

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I should update; I decided to try the Aventus again today before heading out to work. 5 sprays (as I said earlier, it was very weak to my nose), and this time, I couldn't detect any of that smoke/ash that I'd previously detected. While I still can't smell any pineapple, and it seemed like a weak citrus scent to me, I wore it all day with no thought about it, until late afternoon when a female colleague, who I've known 2 years, complimented my cologne and asked what it was. It was particularly surprising as she's never complimented (or even mentioned) any of my previous scents in all the time I've known her, plus the fact that I could barely smell it.

    I don't know, can a cologne take some time to 'settle' after air transport? I hope that's the case, and that smoke smell stays gone. I'll have to keep trying Aventus at least 2x a week, see how I go from here. I'm slightly less pissed off with this purchase now.

    I rest my case.

    This thread is nothing but a rehash of this same experience x1,000. Please people, relax and live with the fragrance for a little while before you needlessly and ignorantly spout off.

  28. #328

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by fumegator View Post
    Boosh is 100% correct, this IS an ashy/birchy/oakmoss scent at its heart. If you don't like that, then MOVE ON!
    That's what I don't get about this whole thing - people saying they don't like the smokyness... It says on the Creed UK website that it is designated a "smoky floral".

  29. #329

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    When it comes to woeful differences between batches of Creed, differences substantiated not by one person, but by dozens of commentators, what the Creed salesmen would like you to believe is: nothing to see here, move on, folks, just keep handing out the dough to us, we're laughing at you all the way to the bank.

  30. #330
    b0n3z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    892

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by fumegator View Post
    This is simply not true.

    I've had 3 Aventus's now. On opening day last summer (E01), a flacon in the winter (J01), and a bottle a couple months ago (K03).

    Guess what... they are ALL THE SAME. If I had to sit down and was forced to conjur up a difference for the sake of controversy on a website, I would say that J01 batch has a touch more blackcurrant. Stop the presses!

    However, I've used the same bottle on different occasions and this frag DOES react differently based on humidity, heat, and other factors. Boosh is 100% correct, this IS an ashy/birchy/oakmoss scent at its heart. If you don't like that, then MOVE ON! Sometimes, the pineapple/apple/fruity topnotes will last 5 minutes. Sometimes it will last 1 hour. This happens regardless of the batch, people.

    As far as Windsor II, again, I own both and I regularly do wrist-to-wrist comparisons with no success in being able to distinguish a difference. I will say that the Windsor II lasts a little longer, so in my opinion, WII wins.

    If you would look back at the original Windsor and Aventus threads, you will see that this whole entire "batch" controversy stems from the comments of ONE (i.m.o.) over-respected member. A member who over-invested in Windsor I and has an incentive to bash the second release, and this member also hated Aventus from the start and decided to wage a campaign against it by over-blowing the slight-to-nil differences in batch releases. I won't "out" this member... it's in the books as they say if you care to do some research.

    The point is... not everyone will like every fragrance. If you don't like Aventus, that's fine. That's your personal taste. I like Aventus from the first sniff from the first batch a year ago, and I like Aventus from this morning's application from one of the latest batchs.

    But just say "this fragrance isn't for me"!!! It's NOT some f'ing conspiracy from the folks at Creed to screw you over personally. And the people who claim this are either woefully gullible or fantastically egotistical. Or perhaps an unfortunate combination of both.
    I don't know where you come off saying my own opinion and nose is somehow wrong. I would understand if I were the only one "ignorantly spouting off" (to use your terminology) but if you followed this thread as well others, there has definitely been significant batch variations since launch. I was just giving my own opinion and sharing it with others.

    Disagreeing is fine, and you have every right to do so. However, I find your tone and mudslinging majorly hypocritical.
    Last edited by b0n3z; 28th July 2011 at 11:06 PM.

Page 11 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Le Male owners - have you got a min......
    By mac in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 7th April 2013, 03:44 AM
  2. Patou PH owners - how to tell if its gone off?
    By smellyliquid in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 5th October 2011, 06:55 AM
  3. Geir owners, I have a question
    By flee in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11th April 2006, 03:09 AM
  4. Le Male owners - have you got a min......
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000