Code of Conduct
Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

Got mine from Fragrancex bought last month. Itīs a A42B11Y01 batch. Paid 190 Dollars.

God this is NECESSARY!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post
    Got mine from Fragrancex bought last month. Itīs a A42B11Y01 batch. Paid 190 Dollars.

God this is NECESSARY!

for a 4 0z? How you get so cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    for a 4 0z? How you get so cheap?
    Got a personal coupon from them because of a problem in one of my orders.

Got a personal coupon from them because of a problem in one of my orders.
    Nice

I thought I got a good deal :P

God this is NECESSARY!

I also have this batch, it's slightly more smoky than my N01 batch, but the longevity is fantastic...

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I also have this batch, it's slightly more smoky than my N01 batch, but the longevity is fantastic...
    Nice!

Would you say N01 (Iīve one on my way homme!) is fruitier? Wich of them do you prefer?

Well I've recently bought a bottle of A42B11Y01. Seems really strong at first but then it dies down pretty fast to the point that its tough to detect on my wrists after a couple of hours. I suppose it has to be olfactory fatigue as ive had a comment on it hours after application but its not usually a problem I have with many scents. Green Valley, which many people claim to have pretty crap longevity seems like a powerhouse by comparison. It varies quite a lot too as to how smoky or fruity it is but the nozzle certainly has a very sharp pineapple smell to it.

Nice!

Would you say N01 (Iīve one on my way homme!) is fruitier? Wich of them do you prefer?
    Yes N01 is slightly more fruity than the Y01 batch. The Y01 definitely has more of a "smoky" pineapple. Once they settle in, they are the same. If you are getting either batch, you will be extremely happy..so don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Yes N01 is slightly more fruity than the Y01 batch. The Y01 definitely has more of a "smoky" pineapple. Once they settle in, they are the same. If you are getting either batch, you will be extremely happy..so don't worry.
    In fact I have Y01 here and N01 is on the way homme! Thanks for the info!

My new bottle of aventus have the batch number A42B11S01 and is awesome! A nice mix of "smoky" and "pineapple" with some nice vanilla vibes in the drydown (after 7-8 hours on skin). Very nice!!

Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

Here is a rare glimpse into the inner sanctum of the Creed mixing laboratory in Grasse. In this demonstration, the first batch of Aventus (code named "Hot Sauce") is assembled by their master parfumeur/mixologist (aka "Chef") with painstaking precision and attention to detail.

Creed Labs - Code Name "Hot Sauce"

I can bash Creed with the best of them, but the truth is I get batch variations from every manufacter. It's just the perfume industry. Get use to it.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I can bash Creed with the best of them, but the truth is I get batch variations from every manufacter. It's just the perfume industry. Get use to it.
    This is very pragmatic, but it doesn't mean they don't deserve to have the piss taken out of them for it. At their price point, they should be able to mix a batch better than Lindsay Lohan drives a car.

It's just takes a little work and research. When I went to NM to get my bottle of GIT, or when I got my Aventus decant from Kron's split. I KNEW what kind of batches I was getting.

If batch variations anger you, don't roll the dice and order bottles from JohnnyBob's Greymarket perfumes, and come here to bitch about getting a weak batch. I bought a 2010 tester from fragrancex last year, and was so convinced my bottle sucked after reading all the mass paranoia here on BN. Im wearing that same bottle today, and it's all melony goodness. I did notice it got thicker and more melony with time, but that's about it. There are slight variations yes, like my three bottles of GIT, but they're all good.

Gonna buy Aventus? Find the batch that warms your heart and buy it properly. If ya wanna buy a $100 tester on ebay that's been sitting in the same shipping crates as soon-to-be-skunked Heineken, be my guest. I'm not making excuses for Creed, I'm just encouraging folks to be less lazy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    So this explains the "smoky birch batch!" I love it!

I attribute the batch variations of Aventus to differences in maceration time - a real risk for fragrances. In the first instance for Aventus (the one that everybody noticed) it was likely a combination of better-than-expected market acceptance, and a green light on changing the release schedule to meet it. Get it out smoky, or lose the sale.

Extra shelf time on my smoky flacon has pretty much made it smell the same as the very early batch I smelled from a sample sprayer. The whole thing has made me a believer in the importance of adequate maceration and not rushing it. Whether or not high-paying customers should be forced to deal with the consequences of that decision - well, that's another question. I'm not personally bothered, but if others are, it's their right. Creed was covering for this fairly well with the millesime concept, but maybe that's just not good enough for customers any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    So this explains the "smoky birch batch!" I love it!

I attribute the batch variations of Aventus to differences in maceration time - a real risk for fragrances. In the first instance for Aventus (the one that everybody noticed) it was likely a combination of better-than-expected market acceptance, and a green light on changing the release schedule to meet it. Get it out smoky, or lose the sale.

Extra shelf time on my smoky flacon has pretty much made it smell the same as the very early batch I smelled from a sample sprayer. The whole thing has made me a believer in the importance of adequate maceration and not rushing it. Whether or not high-paying customers should be forced to deal with the consequences of that decision - well, that's another question. I'm not personally bothered, but if others are, it's their right. Creed was covering for this fairly well with the millesime concept, but maybe that's just not good enough for customers any more.

Agree wjth a good chunk of this. Maceration time is a big piece of the puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    This is very pragmatic, but it doesn't mean they don't deserve to have the piss taken out of them for it. At their price point, they should be able to mix a batch better than Lindsay Lohan drives a car.
    The problem comes from purchasing the raw materials. The raw materials very from batch to batch and becomes near impossible to match the original perfume without having the nose tweek it every time a new batch of raw materials comes in play. The house just sticks with the original formula but in the end it smells different from batch to batch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    The problem comes from purchasing the raw materials. The raw materials very from batch to batch and becomes near impossible to match the original perfume without having the nose tweek it every time a new batch of raw materials comes in play. The house just sticks with the original formula but in the end it smells different from batch to batch.
    Personally, I'm OK with variations in raw materials. We accept this in wine on a yearly basis, no problem. Now - one could make the argument that Creed should stamp the "vintage" more clearly than just a batch number, and it could get messy. But I think I would be OK with that. Print 2011a or 2011b on the bottom of the box and be done with it. The batch numbers are just annoying. I think they would be equally problematic on wines.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Personally, I'm OK with variations in raw materials. We accept this in wine on a yearly basis, no problem. Now - one could make the argument that Creed should stamp the "vintage" more clearly than just a batch number, and it could get messy. But I think I would be OK with that. Print 2011a or 2011b on the bottom of the box and be done with it. The batch numbers are just annoying. I think they would be equally problematic on wines.
    In wine, you will also find dramatically different prices per vintage. A 1990 bottle of my favorites Graves currently goes for about $600. The 1991 vintage can be had for $80. Who wouldn't put up with a little extra smoke in their Aventus if it cost 1/8th of the price?

More interestingly, the price variations arise because wine criticism is much more mature than perfume criticism. It has its plusses and its minuses, but there is at least much more transparency in wine about what the buyer has in her bottle.

In fragrance, there still seems to be the attitude (on the supply side, at least) that stupid consumers will never notice.

Idk about the other batches but luckly my bottle is well balanced. No issues here.

Blog Entries

I have been reading along with some interest. If I order a couple of Creed samples from LuckyScent, then I don't have a guaranty that the scent will be the same as in full bottle ? And moreover, bottle to bottle - according to different batches - will vary ?

That turns me off completely from Creed. To make an advertising gimmick out of that is BS. They are doing themselves a disservice.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Blog Entries

I have been reading along with some interest. If I order a couple of Creed samples from LuckyScent, then I don't have a guaranty that the scent will be the same as in full bottle ? And moreover, bottle to bottle - according to different batches - will vary ?

That turns me off completely from Creed. To make an advertising gimmick out of that is BS. They are doing themselves a disservice.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

I agree, Ursula, it's discouraging. But I think thebeck is also right when he says that's the industry--get used to it. Creed makes some good scents. I just bought a flacon of Windsor by going to their boutique, spraying it on my skin, getting a small decant from the tester (which was nice of them) and then buying the flacon. If mine had smelled any different from what I had tested, I don't see how they would have not taken ti back.

It just creates an annoyance. If we give them enough grief, they might stop doing it. Heck, it seems like all the 2011 batches are pretty good. Everyone going into stores and requesting specific batches probably already made the difference.

Basenotes Junkie

this is what stops me from buying Creeds. I do have a decant of Aventus from a spilt though because its the fruity pineapple batch that is much hyped up.

I have the smaller 75ml bottle of Aventus which has, over time, blossomed into a more pineapple ladened fragrance. Delicious!
    The batch no. is A42B10K04
    My newer and larger 120ml bottle (A42B11S01) is, in contrast, disappointing. It appears to be weak and smokier. However, I'm quite sure that with a bit more time and seasoning, it will be as beautiful as my first batch.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by cadenz View Post
    I have the smaller 75ml bottle of Aventus which has, over time, blossomed into a more pineapple ladened fragrance. Delicious!
    The batch no. is A42B10K04
    My newer and larger 120ml bottle (A42B11S01) is, in contrast, disappointing. It appears to be weak and smokier. However, I'm quite sure that with a bit more time and seasoning, it will be as beautiful as my first batch.
    Surprising most people mentioned that 2010 was a bad year for Aventus but now that you mentioned it 'developed' into a strong pineapple ladened frag, I am pretty sure Creed really gets better over time!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Basenotes Member

Received Aventus the other day after being encapsulated by a tester bottle in my dept store. I got the A42B11Y01 batch. It's not got much pineapple but it's got a really nice smokey smell. I can't smell it on myself after 20 minutes though so I don't know how I feel about this one. What do you all think of this batch?

I'm in the same boat as Synth. I got A42B11S01 from fragnet, has a nice pineapple up top, but the problem is I can hardly smell anything after about 20-30 mins. Fragnet is more then willing to exchange it for another bottle but again the question might be that is my nose getting used to Aventus like alot of people report here. In that case exchanging bottles won't really do much. Such a dilemma...

Same here. But funny thing is in the first time I sprayed my Y01 batch one spray lasted 8hours +. Now it faint into a skin scent after 2 hours. I think that maybe is fatigue. Anyway, I do have a N01 batch on my way so I see what it is. Besides, a friend of mine has the S01 batch and he sad itīs a bomb. Go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by shahshai View Post
    I'm in the same boat as Synth. I got A42B11S01 from fragnet, has a nice pineapple up top, but the problem is I can hardly smell anything after about 20-30 mins. Fragnet is more then willing to exchange it for another bottle but again the question might be that is my nose getting used to Aventus like alot of people report here. In that case exchanging bottles won't really do much. Such a dilemma...
    agreed....
    I finally got to spray my S01 batch, and I'm pretty disappointed.... What to do

Quote Originally Posted by shahshai View Post
    Don't exchange it. Your bottle is good. I have the same batch, and I kept thinking it was weak. Not so. I had coworkers commented on how STRONG it was 8 hours after I'd applied just a little bit. Aventus is probably one of the greatest inducers of olfactory fatigue ever made. It seems weak, but the people around me notice it easily. Trust me on this.

*** Double post

I have A42B11S01 and in the cold weather it doesn't last AT ALL on me, I am hoping it will last in the warm weather or I am probably gonna get rid of it. I have heard from reliable people that it is a good batch and the only other batch I have tried which was a 2010 batch also ending in S01 was pretty much dead on me a hour or so after applying it..and it is not nose fatigue.

What's up with this?

It is pretty much just stuck onto the bottle, don't worry about it. My bottle does the same thing in the second pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    It is pretty much just stuck onto the bottle, don't worry about it. My bottle does the same thing in the second pic.
    Really?
    Man creed is cheap lol

Not gonna lie, that's bad! My Aventus cap doesn't lock on, it just sits on top of the bottle. Pretty poor quality IMO.

Basenotes Member

Yeah mine has a cap that doesn't lock too, is it supposed to?

I recently bought Aventus after reading all the hype on here. I have batch A42B11S01 which i picked up from John Lewis in Glasgow. At first wearing I thought the same as a few others in that it doesn't seem to last long. However after a few wears i've noticed even though I can't to seem to smell a thing I get compliments after 7-8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by teemas View Post
    Surprising most people mentioned that 2010 was a bad year for Aventus but now that you mentioned it 'developed' into a strong pineapple ladened frag, I am pretty sure Creed really gets better over time!
    C42B11N01 has a more prominent (even loud) fruity opening but if I had to choose, I would prefer C42B10J01 because I feel the base is slightly more substantial and it is better balanced overall. I'm happy to own both.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by dieselger View Post
    I recently bought Aventus after reading all the hype on here. I have batch A42B11S01 which i picked up from John Lewis in Glasgow. At first wearing I thought the same as a few others in that it doesn't seem to last long. However after a few wears i've noticed even though I can't to seem to smell a thing I get compliments after 7-8 hours.
    Yes I agree, aventus is one of my favorite fragrances but it's the most deceptive in terms of longevity to the wearer. The fact is it projects like a beast for several hours and has great staying power. A few weeks ago I got a compliment from the pharmacist who asked what I was wearing, I applied it five hours earlier and couldn't smell anything, even on my shirt. There is something in aventus that induces olfactory fatigue..what it is I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    I have A42B11S01 and in the cold weather it doesn't last AT ALL on me, I am hoping it will last in the warm weather or I am probably gonna get rid of it. I have heard from reliable people that it is a good batch and the only other batch I have tried which was a 2010 batch also ending in S01 was pretty much dead on me a hour or so after applying it..and it is not nose fatigue.
    I bet If you ask people if they can smell it on you, they will say yes..

Bought a 120ml bottle yesterday. the batch code is A42B11Z03.
    I can hardly smell the pineapple note! it's really weak and you need to search for it! it's not sweet at all!
    At the start it's very green and spicy. smells like pine tree in the opening! reminds me of "Burberry London for men" opening.
    After about 1 hour, the smell change too something leafy and again green with some spicy notes. smells like tomato leafs with some spice! reminds me of Lacoste Essential!
    Longevity? around 3-4 hours on my skin! maybe I get a bit more in summer and hot weather.
    Good projection.
    I like the smell, but it doesn't worth the price!

Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I can hardly smell the pineapple note! it's really weak and you need to search for it! it's not sweet at all!
    At the start it's very green and spicy. smells like pine tree in the opening! reminds me of "Burberry London for men" opening.
    After about 1 hour, the smell change too something leafy and again green with some spicy notes. smells like tomato leafs with some spice! reminds me of Lacoste Essential!
    Longevity? around 3-4 hours on my skin! maybe I get a bit more in summer and hot weather.
    Good projection.
    LOL wut

You obviously got a bad bottle or you're straight up lying.

Good projection.
    Instead or worrying about batch numbers I just go in on a split. The hassle is not worth it. The split I got on has a great pineapple note, longevity 7-8 hours don't know what the batch number is and don't care.

LOL wut

You obviously got a bad bottle or you're straight up lying.
    I'm not lying my friend
    I think I'm the first one who bought this batch.
    I'm sure it's not fake or a bad bottle.
    Let's see other guys opinion on this batch!
    Does anybody have a bottle or a sample of this batch?

A42B11Z03

Instead or worrying about batch numbers I just go in on a split. The hassle is not worth it. The split I got on has a great pineapple note, longevity 7-8 hours don't know what the batch number is and don't care.
    You're right
    Just want to other guys know my opinion about this batch
    Last edited by Kain; 5th April 2012 at 05:20 AM.

Does anybody with batch A42B11Y01 actually get decent longevity out of it? I seem to get about 2 hours max before I can barely detect it on my wrists at all. Last night, having not smelled the stuff in a good two weeks, I decided to spray a couple of blasts on a shirt as an experiment and today it is barely detectable whereas I can still smell the GIT I applied to my wrists early yesterday evening.

Sadly I've probably had it too long for Creed to replace it (about two months), but I find it very frustrating that for the money I paid for my 120ml bottle, I could, if I'd been a bit "luckier", have had Creed send me a superior bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by sdmilne View Post
    Does anybody with batch A42B11Y01 actually get decent longevity out of it? I seem to get about 2 hours max before I can barely detect it on my wrists at all. Last night, having not smelled the stuff in a good two weeks, I decided to spray a couple of blasts on a shirt as an experiment and today it is barely detectable whereas I can still smell the GIT I applied to my wrists early yesterday evening.

Sadly I've probably had it too long for Creed to replace it (about two months), but I find it very frustrating that for the money I paid for my 120ml bottle, I could, if I'd been a bit "luckier", have had Creed send me a superior bottle.
    I just got a decant of this batch. I'm going to give it a full wearing tomorrow. I'll report back.

Basenotes Member

Yeah mine is from this batch, longevity isn't great imo and I find the pineapple note very weak.

I got this batch and I found it kinda tricky. Let me explain.

First time full wear (6 sprays): a beast! Smoky pineaple (well balanced) on the opening and this lasts and lasts. It projected very well for the first 3-4 hours and than settle down (not a skin scent, only more subdued). Could smell it faint on my skin the other day (I applied it the night before) and on clothes it lasted for a week or so.

Second time: It appeared weaker and become a skin scent 2 hours left, as stated by you. Even my girlfriend agreed.

Last night (third time): Dear god, the beast came back! AWESOME projection for about 4-5 hours and longevity 12h plus. When I heated up the body the smoky pineaple keep coming back on whifs.

I couldnīt agree more: this one is tricky and olfactive fatigue inducing. But overall, Iīm very satisfied with the results. Some times this kinda of thing happens to me when Iīm using GIT too.

Iīm still waiting for a N01 Batch (supposed to be more fruitier/less smoky). It will take about 45 days to arrive here since it left states yesterday. Than Iīll make a comparison.

So far so good. Donīt be affraid as Iīm trusting other guys here: it will get better with time. Many people stated that this inconsistences happened on first uses than it became ok.

Aventus for sale, check the sig

I'm not lying my friend
    I think I'm the first one who bought this batch.
    I'm sure it's not fake or a bad bottle.
    Let's see other guys opinion on this batch!
    Does anybody have a bottle or a sample of this batch?

A42B11Z03

You're right
    Just want to other guys know my opinion about this batch

I think the split I'm going to be receiving from Heperd was from this batch. That kind of bums me out It looks to be one of the newer batches because I don't see any info on it.
    Damn you creed...

Sad that we have to report and worry about batch numbers from Creed. Has anyone ever had any communication with Creed about the inconsistencies?
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

I think the split I'm going to be receiving from Heperd was from this batch. That kind of bums me out It looks to be one of the newer batches because I don't see any info on it.
    Damn you creed...
    Are you sure it's this batch that Heperd will split?
    I'm in on his latest split of Aventus... but he deleted it from the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Sad that we have to report and worry about batch numbers from Creed. Has anyone ever had any communication with Creed about the inconsistencies?
    I think many people have. I recall the rep just writing back saying something akin to "that's life". Obviously in a much more verbose response....

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Are you sure it's this batch that Heperd will split?
    I'm in on his latest split of Aventus... but he deleted it from the topic.
    To be honest I'm not sure. I actually don't think the bottle has even arrived yet so I very well may be wrong. That is likely why he did not post the batch #. Here's to hoping for the best Either way I haven't heard a single bad thing so no use worrying now.

To be honest I'm not sure. I actually don't think the bottle has even arrived yet so I very well may be wrong. That is likely why he did not post the batch #. Here's to hoping for the best Either way I haven't heard a single bad thing so no use worrying now.
    He did include the batch number but all information about the Aventus split is deleted from the topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    He did include the batch number but all information about the Aventus split is deleted from the topic...

You would have to ask him then, because all I remember was seeing a Z, and thinking "I haven't seen this batch before.
    He'll give you the info if you ask though

Damn you creed...
    Don't be worry my friend. It's not a bad batch
    It's more smoky than fruity. you can smell pineapple note in the opening but it's so smoky and green.
    So fruity notes are muted because of smoky birch note.
    Great projection but average longevity on my skin. I have a damn dry skin!
    Maybe other guys get more longevity with this batch

Best way to test for olfactory fatigue and projection is to use one small spray at about belly button level (no higher than this, and not a full spray if possible). This is usually sufficiently far enough away from your nose that you can smell it more consistently. Also, you can tug on your shirt a bit to get the scent to waft up for testing, too.