Code of Conduct
Page 13 of 204 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Lot#S42B11S01

Just received a couple of days ago from FragranceX. I got a reasonable discount so I went for it.

Zero pineapple, black currant or apple. Just an ashy scent similar to CDG Zagorsk but not as strong or interesting.
    Lasts 5 minutes. Zero sillage.
    I'm no Creed-basher like many here at Basenotes, just check out my review for Himalaya.

It's going back tomorrow.

Boo-urns!

Mrs. Creed is known to bake some killer brownies from time to time, but they do vary from batch to batch...

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Mrs. Creed is known to bake some killer brownies from time to time, but they do vary from batch to batch...
    What's the price?

zzzzzzzzzzz. Buy Aventus, or don't buy Aventus. I don't care.

Basenotes Institution

I really really wanted to buy Aventus for myself at some point. I tested it in Vegas last year and it was this gorgeous fruity pineapple-y delicious unisex scent. I am quite really scared to do so now. However I think I will test it again .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I really really wanted to buy Aventus for myself at some point. I tested it in Vegas last year and it was this gorgeous fruity pineapple-y delicious unisex scent. I am quite really scared to do so now. However I think I will test it again .
    When I tried it, it was VERY birchy. I thought the opening was so-so, but the drydown really attractive.

So after months of using my flacon of c42b10k04 I can't smell it an hour later on me. So I wore some from my bottle of A42b10k03 the other day....and it was so much more pineapple and vanilla base that you could smell all day! There is definatly a difference!

What's the current creed boutique flacon batch? Does it have a strong pineapple vanilla base?? I am not dishing out Another 370 unless it smells like my 4.0oz!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

just bought an AVENTUS batch A42B11N01, anyone pick up this lot as of late? Neiman Marcus Newport btw. THANKS!

btw i had a bottle of A42b10k04 (ordered online for Neiman Marcus.com) prior to this one which had a very noticable pineapple top note that I had returned for A42b11n01, which is much milder.... might there be a difference in the top note because of the ripening of the oils? just thought i'd put this out there.... THANKS again.

Hmm.. I got two samples of Aventus, put them in a small atomizer and wore for a couple of days. I actually really like the smell and I got a hint of smokiness, which I like and it's not an 'ashtray' note as some posters have pointed out. Quite a big difference to my nose since I know how an ashtray smells like :P

I'll order direct from Creed Boutique and hopefully I can replace if I am unhappy with it.

I can't believe that this Aventus "Lucky Dip" stall at the Creed fair is still going!!
    LOST! in scent and music

Anyone purchased any recently?

I did, got a42b10K04. got the pineapple and ashy component from the sniff test on skin, the pineapple fades a bit, more ashy, but nice

edit: The scent goes on and then it starts to become a skin scent almost immediately on me, more that way than GIT or MI. About an hour later, you get the fruity component and if you just leave your nose at say the wrist then the fruit becomes as equal as that ashy component. It does not project as much to my nose as GIT or MI, but as I have read with this scent, there may be some ingredient that makes the WEARER asnomic to it and barely can the wearer smell it when in all actuality it is as projecting or strong as say MI and GIT.

My wife did not like it when I wore it to dinner, but I wore it this morning and she said she liked it, which is what she said when I tried it in Neimans last week.
    Last edited by finsfan; 12th August 2011 at 01:25 PM.

C42B11N01 is treating me very well. I got it in Kron's split thread here.

When I first got it, I couldnt detect any fruit whatsoever - however - literally after a week or two, the pineapple/currant/apple topnotes have become much more pronounced. This stuff is amazing. I get good projection/longevity as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolfiesb View Post
    just bought an AVENTUS batch A42B11N01, anyone pick up this lot as of late? Neiman Marcus Newport btw. THANKS!
    I have this batch, the blackcurrent is very prominent In the top notes along with some pineapple. Longevity is very good...Im satisfied with this one. I also have A42b10k02 which is an excellent balance of pineapple birch and vanilla...great longevity as well. Still to this day nothing beats c4210e01, that was the Aventus beast.

I had an old sample of Aventus hanging around and forgot what it smelled like. I dabbed about 1/10th of a standard sample vial on my wrist. Feeling adventurous, I sprayed Dreamer on my upper arm, Dabbed Original Santal on my left wrist, and sprayed 1 Million on my upper arm. (I was just hanging around home yesterday evening).

The smell was great, perhaps bordering on a slightly sourness, but what is remarkable is the longevity. This morning, about 15 hours after application, Million/Dreamer/Santal, were all gone, but Aventus was still there, and decently strong as well!

Batch #: A4210E01
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Edit: 2015... I've given up and given in
    Want to buy or swap: A*men Ultra Zest, Bentley Intense, Mont Blanc Legend Intense, Paco Rabanne Invictus,

Is the c42b11n01 the current at creed boutique? I don't want to get another c42b10k04 flacon. It's way weaker then my a42b10k03 bottle. No vanilla what so ever in the drydown. And can barely smell it 3 hours later.
    The vanilla in the base that bounds the pineapple and ashy together is really what makes this fragrance and helps the longevity.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Dred, dont give up so soon, as I have been want to do. I have the A42b10k01, the good batch. I swear it was gone in 3 hours. Today, I sprayed it on my chest, my neck each wrist and the back of each hand. S wear I could not smell it but it is there on the back of one of my hands pretty good and it has been 5 hours. First time I wore it, I swear the pineapple left completely. Now, I get a great balance.

I truly think that this is a fragrance that maybe OUR OWN nose grows tired of it, or immune to it, yet others can smell it. the true test is for me to wear it Sunday, to church, and ask wife to smell it 4 hours later.

Glad to hear that the newer batches in Neiman Marcus are getting closer to the originals...Hopefully, this is showing that Creed actually listens to their customers.

I just received my sample of Aventus from the Perfumed Court yesterday. According to their site they are decanting from C42B10K04. I'm really struggling to find any of the Aventus notes from the sample I got. Basically, my sample smells very similar to a slightly weaker Terre D'Hermes. Is that what Aventus is supposed to smell like? In fact, right after I put it on, my wife asked if I had put on some of her Euphoria which also has a strong peppery, pine type of smell. Since my wife and I can't smell a single bit of fruit whatsoever, I was wondering if I should contact the Perfumed Court to see if I got the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pcrisp View Post
    I just received my sample of Aventus from the Perfumed Court yesterday. According to their site they are decanting from C42B10K04. I'm really struggling to find any of the Aventus notes from the sample I got. Basically, my sample smells very similar to a slightly weaker Terre D'Hermes. Is that what Aventus is supposed to smell like? In fact, right after I put it on, my wife asked if I had put on some of her Euphoria which also has a strong peppery, pine type of smell. Since my wife and I can't smell a single bit of fruit whatsoever, I was wondering if I should contact the Perfumed Court to see if I got the right thing.
    Nope i got a 10 ml decant of the same batch from my friend and didn't get any of the aventus notes like pineapple or black current either.

Mines has horrible longevity and projection, 3 hours tops. No fruit whatsoever slightly ashy.

Honestly this experience along with a bad MI sample has really put me off creeds now.

Wow, that's a bummer. I was hoping to like it, but not when it smells like this. Oh well, I also got some others in the same order that I'll enjoy instead. haha

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    Dred, dont give up so soon, as I have been want to do. I have the A42b10k01, the good batch. I swear it was gone in 3 hours. Today, I sprayed it on my chest, my neck each wrist and the back of each hand. S wear I could not smell it but it is there on the back of one of my hands pretty good and it has been 5 hours. First time I wore it, I swear the pineapple left completely. Now, I get a great balance.

I truly think that this is a fragrance that maybe OUR OWN nose grows tired of it, or immune to it, yet others can smell it. the true test is for me to wear it Sunday, to church, and ask wife to smell it 4 hours later.
    You hit the nail on the head, Aventus does last for a long time. There will be instances where I'll spray it on my arm and I can't smell it 20 minutes later...and other instances where I'll do the same thing and can detect it 10 hours later. The key is people will always smell it, but to your nose you would have to give it a rest as olfactory fatigue plays a role with Aventus...

Well, I've had the sample of Aventus on for 7 hours and it's still smelling strong. Still, ZERO fruit or freshness, just spicy, pine tree and dirt smell. I am pretty disappointed by this.

Can someone tell me if I have cause to be concern. Got a bottle of Aventus, yes, off ebay. Smells legit. This is how it came to me, with some of the 'leather' scratched off, some of the silvering in the big Creed up top scratched off, but it has the serial number, it has the whole white nozzle head, and it has the smooth and defined lettering on the cap:

and upclose pic of the horse. also the 'leather' is sorta bubbled or crinkled/wrinkled

The pics are a bit blurry but apart from the scratched off stuff I can't see anything suspicious on them. The "leather" (personally I was actually a bit disappointed about it not being actual leather) is supposed to be wkrinkled like on your bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    The pics are a bit blurry but apart from the scratched off stuff I can't see anything suspicious on them. The "leather" (personally I was actually a bit disappointed about it not being actual leather) is supposed to be wkrinkled like on your bottle.
    in the last pic, can you see it is bubbling up, like an air bubble. That got me to thinking that the air that got under the label is causing the flaking of the faux leather. Easy enough, but then that got me to thinking poor quality control, and for a house like Creed, got me to thinking they would not let that get out. The fact that an intermediary got it and now I am next in line, well, still, there should be no reason why air got under the label unless it left the factory that way. Poor quality control, thoughts of a fake pop in my mind. The flaking of the silvering in the word Creed, not as concerned. I have seen that done before, not in a new bottle in the wrapper or box at say a Neimans, but a tester on a counter or a trade I have done, yes, it has happened. Pull the spray cap off and nozzle looks right. The serial number looks right. Lettering looks right. The indention of the word Creed on the spray nozzle cap looks right. No box or cap since it was a tester. Smell, it smells as I recall the stuff from sniffing it and wearing it around Neimans about two weeks ago.

If anyone wanted me to, I had taken pics with the cell phone but can take digital camera pics at home this evening. And yes, I know about buying from an authorized distributor if you want genuineness not to be an issue, but this was $100 of the $280 retail and no tax and welll, at $280 doubt I would get it. If it is a fake, I have the ebay recourses available, so a little bit better than buying it at a kiosk in the mall perhaps/.
    Last edited by finsfan; 19th August 2011 at 08:02 PM.

You mean on the left of the big scratch and above the wings? Well, no you're right, it's not supposed to be like that. However, if the fragrance smells legit to you, my guess would be that either someone got his hands on misproductions that weren't supposed to be sold (which would cast an even more dubious light on Creeds quality control) or that this bottle was somehow subjected to heat. Maybe it was displayed behind glass and the sunlight heated up the black plastic surface. I guess in this scenario the aluminium label underneath wouldn't do any good either. Anyway, you have more then enough reasons to contact the seller...

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    You hit the nail on the head, Aventus does last for a long time. There will be instances where I'll spray it on my arm and I can't smell it 20 minutes later...and other instances where I'll do the same thing and can detect it 10 hours later. The key is people will always smell it, but to your nose you would have to give it a rest as olfactory fatigue plays a role with Aventus...
    I think it's a fragrance that some users can't smell nearly as long as others in his presence. I've had this experience on both sides of that equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    You mean on the left of the big scratch and above the wings? Well, no you're right, it's not supposed to be like that. However, if the fragrance smells legit to you, my guess would be that either someone got his hands on misproductions that weren't supposed to be sold (which would cast an even more dubious light on Creeds quality control) or that this bottle was somehow subjected to heat. Maybe it was displayed behind glass and the sunlight heated up the black plastic surface. I guess in this scenario the aluminium label underneath wouldn't do any good either. Anyway, you have more then enough reasons to contact the seller...
    I saw this Aventus on ebay. It was advertised as having slight bottle damage, as a few bottles in that shipment had broke/leaked all over the rest of the stock, resulting in the air bubbles etc.

Page 13 of 204 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 113 ... LastLast