Code of Conduct
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

I`m using my Y01 batch again today.

God this is potent!

Pineapple delight. It seems It´s getting better and better. Today it´s fruittier than never.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

I must say I´m using about 10 sprays (2 both side of wrists, 2 elbow joint, 2 chest 1 each side of neck.

Some say 2 sprays is more than enough. Maybe someday I´ll reach this point of evolution hehehe. I´m Italian descendent so the more the better ehehehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Are you sure it's this batch that Heperd will split?
    I'm in on his latest split of Aventus... but he deleted it from the topic.
    Me too. This is what he told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Heperd
    Its is C42B11Z02. The last batch of 2011.

Sweet! Looks like we're in luck

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post
    I`m using my Y01 batch again today.

God this is potent!

Pineapple delight. It seems It´s getting better and better. Today it´s fruittier than never.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
    How long have you had your aventus? Ive got the same batch as you but I'm missing the good pineapple

Quote Originally Posted by Synth View Post
    How long have you had your aventus? Ive got the same batch as you but I'm missing the good pineapple
    Received about 20 days ago. 3 ou 4 full wears so far.

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    Me too. This is what he told me.
    Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    Sweet! Looks like we're in luck
    Absolutely.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post861599751
    This guy is not a fan, but I like the fact that the
    pineapple comes out nicely in the drydown.
    Aventus with little
    pineapple and with a lot of green, smoke and spices.... sounds like a nightmare to me.
    It's probably the fruity tropical
    pineapple that women seem to like...lol.

I just today smelled the greatest batch of Aventus I've ever smelled. Of all
    People, my girlfriend's Uncle Borko was wearing Aventus at the Gathering he hosted. I am undefeated in guessing his fragrances so far. But he wears Kouros, so identifying kouros shouldn't count.

Anyways, as for the batch he was wearing, it was VERY RADIANT. Almost not fruity or smokey at all. All green Angelica/EVERNYL/etc, light floral and woody notes, and radiant white musk. I smelled it as soon as he greeted us downstairs, and smelled something all the way up the entire staircase, even with Borko still downstairs. My girlfriend comments on how it smelled good in the staircase, and I mention that it is something very familiar. But since in the sillage he left all I could smell was the green and musky notes, I didn't place Aventus until smelling Borko directly again once Borko got upstairs. It radiated from him from 5-6 feet away, no fruit, no smoke, just a very fresh, pleasant, masculine green/white smell. I almost thaught it was Angelique's Sous La Pluie or Boos D'Orage at first scent, it was that green and clean and "cool forest fresh"

Smelling it radiate from him made me a believer again in the possibility of me liking Aventus. When it first came out, I disliked the quality of the top notes, and disliked the rubbery/smokey middle, but liked the clean/floral, green/mossy-white/musky drydown.

Problem is, when I go inspect Uncle Borko's bottle, there is no etched or printed lot number. All I know is that he purchased it on his most recent trip to Paris, and that he bought it directly from the Creed storefront in Paris.

Creed, if you're reading, please find a way to get me a 500ml flacon of that very "no lot number" batch, as it had strong waves of sillage of only the aspects of Aventus I liked.

I'm slowly coming around to the scent. I will never think it is truly amazing, compositionally, but with each wear it keeps smelling better to my nose. Perhaps most importantly when it comes to full bottle consideration, this is a scent that is extremely versatile. Few scents are this versatile... Bvlgari Man and Bleu de Chanel, and a handful of others (most of which I dislike for some reason or another).

Does anyone have Aventus batch A42B11Y02? If I could have some experiences or info about this batch, I would be really grateful. Thanks!
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

I didn't think this would STILL be a problem but it's just stung me. I had a 30ml Creed Aventus A42B11N01 from John Lewis. Exactly what I wanted, lasted AGES, literally 12+ hours. Went and bought a 120 ml bottle from the same shop with batch number A42B11S01 and it doesn't have the smokey feel, lasts 5 hours MAX. lol It's beyond a joke. £175. Never again.
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    3. Hermes Un Jardin Méditerranée
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Current swap list found here ... http://tinyurl.com/9udvk8q

Quote Originally Posted by emes View Post
    I didn't think this would STILL be a problem but it's just stung me. I had a 30ml Creed Aventus A42B11N01 from John Lewis. Exactly what I wanted, lasted AGES, literally 12+ hours. Went and bought a 120 ml bottle from the same shop with batch number A42B11S01 and it doesn't have the smokey feel, lasts 5 hours MAX. lol It's beyond a joke. £175. Never again.
    I have the same batch and I am not impressed with the longevity at all. If there is batch variations I am thinking it has something to do with the last 3 numbers in the batch number, I had a 2010 batch ending in S01 and this particular 2011 batch which also ends in S01 and both had very poor longevity..not having the smokey feel isnt a problem with me, the less smokey the better.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I bet If you ask people if they can smell it on you, they will say yes..
    Nope, my GF at the time would always comment on what I was wearing and she couldnt smell anything. She actually said she was surprised I wasn't wearing anything, which was maybe a hour or so after putting Aventus on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    I have the same batch and I am not impressed with the longevity at all. If there is batch variations I am thinking it has something to do with the last 3 numbers in the batch number, I had a 2010 batch ending in S01 and this particular 2011 batch which also ends in S01 and both had very poor longevity..not having the smokey feel isnt a problem with me, the less smokey the better.
    Yup, this batch sucks
    Really pissed off actually... I spent a ton of money on this stuff.

Sitting with A42B11S01 on my left arm and A42B11N01 on my right and I can't understand why they are so different.

I can predict the reaction from John Lewis if I go in there tomorrow complaining lol Not sure it's worth it. They have the bottles seperate to the boxes and they never match up. My box batch codes and bottle batch codes are different. There's no practical solution because i'm seeing people say how good A42B11S01 is, when to me it's watered down. There seems to be NO consistency with the reports. It's a gamble.

It's the longevity differences I'm angry at more so than the slight differences in smell. I didn't pay £175 for 3 hours of wearing. My 30ml bottle literally lasts till the next morning.
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    Nope, my GF at the time would always comment on what I was wearing and she couldnt smell anything. She actually said she was surprised I wasn't wearing anything, which was maybe a hour or so after putting Aventus on.
    In all honesty im baffled. I have batches N01 and Y01 and while there are slight differences, both lasts ages on me. Could it be a fluke that S01 is that bad of a batch? I know they have them at Neiman Marcus..I may go try it out.

Well if you decide S01 works well for you like it does some let me know, cause I would swap you for either or if you happen to be interested.

Hey guys,

I have been wearing Aventus for a little less than 2 months now and all I can say is this stuff does not dissapoint! I normally spray twice on the chest, and twice on the neck and I am good to go. I can smell pineapple for about 30 minutes and after that I get what many of you refer to as a "smoky" smell. The smoky part lasts a good 4 to 5 hours. I have gotten compliments from women late into the afternoon (I go to work at 8 in the morning)

Batch #: S42B11Y02
    Place of purchase: creedboutique.com

I also have the dreaded A42B11S01, and even though I've already moaned about it in another thread, I just can't help myself. Before taking the plunge for a 4 oz. I had two separate 10ml decants I'd bought from TPC (both 2010 batches ending in K03/4) and they were lovely, smokey, fruity and easily detectable 12+ hours later, and that's with just two measly sprays from their little bottles. Fast-forward a bit, and I buy a 4 oz. of this sorry 2011 batch from the Creed Boutique Dubai expecting more of the same, but for my $300, I got something that, with two monster Creed sprays on clothing, is undetectable to others less than an hour after application. I'd like to add that I live in Cairo, where when it's hot enough, the chlorine in tap water projects. I think I'd have got more value had I eaten that money.
    Last edited by thespark; 17th April 2012 at 11:00 AM.

Thespark - LOL shouldnt laugh but the post was funny. Yeah I am done with Creed. I've tried. Given hard earned cash over and feel ripped off.
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Quote Originally Posted by emes View Post
    Thespark - LOL shouldnt laugh but the post was funny. Yeah I am done with Creed. I've tried. Given hard earned cash over and feel ripped off.
    Yeah, you get that feeling like you've been sold an Air Guitar, but unfortunately I find myself constantly gambling because when you get a good one, it's really good. The thing that annoys me no end though is people with the same batch saying things like "when I spray the S01 batch, that pineapple rides the breeze to neighbouring towns" half makes you want to take the sprayer out, drink it, and hope the alcohol it contains helps you forget the bad investment.

Quote Originally Posted by thespark View Post
    Yeah, you get that feeling like you've been sold an Air Guitar, but unfortunately I find myself constantly gambling because when you get a good one, it's really good. The thing that annoys me no end though is people with the same batch saying things like "when I spray the S01 batch, that pineapple rides the breeze to neighbouring towns" half makes you want to take the sprayer out, drink it, and hope the alcohol it contains helps you forget the bad investment.

LOL

We should file a class-action suit against Aventus.

Hey folks,

Creed boutique in NYC officially has the first 2012 batch of Aventus. It's lot S42B12A01, according to a reliable source it rocks pineapple and smells terrific. I may take the plunge and if I do, I will report back on this thread.

Nick

Hey folks,

Creed boutique in NYC officially has the first 2012 batch of Aventus. It's lot S42B12A01, according to a reliable source it rocks pineapple and smells terrific. I may take the plunge and if I do, I will report back on this thread.

Nick

Dependent

Hey folks,

Nick
    Please let us know! Im interested to hear too
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Do it!

Hey folks,

Nick
    Yeah man, let us know. My Aventus bottle is almost gone, need another one!!!

Has anyone ordered from Fragrancenet in the last week or so, im returning a 11S01 batch i had and a MI 10 batch for an exchange.

2012 batches - stoked to hear about those. Hopefully they continue on in the direction of 2011. That was a good year for Creed.

David20 - I returned A42BS01 last week to fragnet and they should be shipping a new bottle of Aventus out hopefully by the end of this week. I should have a new bottle by the end of next week, I'll let you know what batch I receive. I'm hoping it's a 2012 batch but that might be a bit optimistic.

I ordered the first 2012 batch of Aventis and will be getting it tomorrow, so expect a review sometime tomorrow evening. According to a reliable source, it has a very fruity pineapple and a very balanced wood drydown (much less smokey than some of the 2011 batches).

I ordered the first 2012 batch of Aventis and will be getting it tomorrow, so expect a review sometime tomorrow evening. According to a reliable source, it has a very fruity pineapple and a very balanced wood drydown (much less smokey than some of the 2011 batches).
    Hi checker. I have the Y01 batch an the N01 is on my way, so I´ll be waiting anxyous for your review comparing the three of them. God help me to not need a 2012 batch too!

Quote Originally Posted by shahshai View Post
    David20 - I returned A42BS01 last week to fragnet and they should be shipping a new bottle of Aventus out hopefully by the end of this week. I should have a new bottle by the end of next week, I'll let you know what batch I receive. I'm hoping it's a 2012 batch but that might be a bit optimistic.
    Ok, will be awaiting a response as im considering calling them back to just say dont worry about sending the exchange and then trying to find newer batches somewhere.

Does anyone know if Creed online has 2012 batches?

Hi checker. I have the Y01 batch an the N01 is on my way, so I´ll be waiting anxyous for your review comparing the three of them. God help me to not need a 2012 batch too!
    N01 is a beast, the blackcurrant and apple is very fresh when first applied. The woody drydown is very well balanced and longevity is excellent, you certainly won't be dissappointed. The Y01 batch has a very smokey pineapple beginning that doesn't last too long, the woods come forth much quicker than the N01 batch. Longevity is also great on the Y01 batch and I think you will like this one as well.

By the way, Creed boutique in NYC just got their recent 500ml flacons of Aventus. Batch number is C42B11Z01. I have no idea what they smell like, but if you guys are interested, give Luis a call at the store.

N01 is a beast, the blackcurrant and apple is very fresh when first applied. The woody drydown is very well balanced and longevity is excellent, you certainly won't be dissappointed. The Y01 batch has a very smokey pineapple beginning that doesn't last too long, the woods come forth much quicker than the N01 batch. Longevity is also great on the Y01 batch and I think you will like this one as well.
    A definitely get the smokey pineapple here. It lasts for about 2 hours or so. Than the woods and leather come. Waiting my N01 like a child waiting for Santa heheheh! Thanks for the info!

I'm selling my Aventus for $230 OBO in my area and not a single person has e-mailed me with an offer. FML...

A definitely get the smokey pineapple here. It lasts for about 2 hours or so. Than the woods and leather come. Waiting my N01 like a child waiting for Santa heheheh! Thanks for the info!
    You will love it, as I stated it's not nearly as smokey as Y01. Get ready for the compliments, my girlfriends love this stuff..

I'm selling my Aventus for $230 OBO in my area and not a single person has e-mailed me with an offer. FML...
    Eggy, if you put the batch number in the listing, you're the architect of your own downfall, googling this batch will bring up basenotes posts that are mostly unflattering. In any case, if you're not selling it just to put the money towards another fragrance, I'd hold on to it; they really do change with time. Personally, I'm buying another one when I go back to Dubai, and I'll revisit this whenever I'm done with the new one. With regard to the lawsuit, if we're going to enter the realm of the purely hypothetical, I'd much rather get Olivier in a chokehold until he turns blue and points me to a good batch. Do I come across as bitter?!

Eggy, if you put the batch number in the listing, you're the architect of your own downfall, googling this batch will bring up basenotes posts that are mostly unflattering. In any case, if you're not selling it just to put the money towards another fragrance, I'd hold on to it; they really do change with time. Personally, I'm buying another one when I go back to Dubai, and I'll revisit this whenever I'm done with the new one. With regard to the lawsuit, if we're going to enter the realm of the purely hypothetical, I'd much rather get Olivier in a chokehold until he turns blue and points me to a good batch. Do I come across as bitter?!
    No at all! Lovely! lol

thx man. Fortunately I have a split from Heperd coming any day so I'll use that and hope my current one sells...

I like your idea too, lol.

Also, took batch # out of listing

thx man. Fortunately I have a split from Heperd coming any day so I'll use that and hope my current one sells...

I like your idea too, lol.

Also, took batch # out of listing

I have a 30ml lot # A42B11X04 from Creed online - I find it smoky with a good amount of pineapple, but the longevity is nothing to write home about. I get around 6 hours, which let's be honest is good for a Creed, but it's not a 12 hour monster like some claim their batches have been.

hey folks,

I got the first 2012 batch of Aventus lot #S42B12A01 from the Creed Boutique in NYC. It is a great balance of Pineapple and Woods, but the longevity seems to be weaker than my A42B11N01 and A42B11Y01 batches. After the 6 hour mark it's barely there. Now I have been using Aventus quite frequently as of late, so olfactory fatigue may be an issue here. I will admit it does smell terrific. I'm going to give Aventus a break for a few days and then wear it to see if I can get better longevity. When I first got my A42B11N01 batch, I could barely smell it after a couple hours, and now it lasts quite a long time on my skin.

hey folks,

I got the first 2012 batch of Aventus lot #S42B12A01 from the Creed Boutique in NYC. It is a great balance of Pineapple and Woods, but the longevity seems to be weaker than my A42B11N01 and A42B11Y01 batches. After the 6 hour mark it's barely there. Now I have been using Aventus quite frequently as of late, so olfactory fatigue may be an issue here. I will admit it does smell terrific. I'm going to give Aventus a break for a few days and then wear it to see if I can get better longevity. When I first got my A42B11N01 batch, I could barely smell it after a couple hours, and now it lasts quite a long time on my skin.

I must say after a while my bottle that I was bashing so badly seems to have taken a turn for the better! The pineapple really kicks in strong and it lasts about 7 or 8 hours on my skin now! Much better than my initial experience. Maybe this stuff does get better with age

I must say after a while my bottle that I was bashing so badly seems to have taken a turn for the better! The pineapple really kicks in strong and it lasts about 7 or 8 hours on my skin now! Much better than my initial experience. Maybe this stuff does get better with age
    Is this for the new bottle? I ended up sending the 2 back to fragrancenet for refund and investing in the 12 batch with the NYC boutique. Will receive it tommorrow.

Nope this is the same bottle I had. They gave me an extra 10% off when I complained so I decided to keep the bottle and see what happens. Turns out I made a good decision

I'm sure your batch will be even better though.

Nope this is the same bottle I had. They gave me an extra 10% off when I complained so I decided to keep the bottle and see what happens. Turns out I made a good decision

I'm sure your batch will be even better though.
    What´s your batch eggy?

Anyway, just received my bottle of A42B11S01. I was told it would be a N01, but a S01 arrived.

So I made a side by side 1 spray comparison. Y01 I already had on left forearm and the new S01 on the right forearm.

I must say that the differences between them both are so, but so minimal that doesn´t worth all the hype this batch discussion gets around here. All I have noted is that Y01 is slightly woodier and S01 fruitier. But I must say that I had to be comparing each of them to reach this conclusion. Both are heavy, both got that smoky woody leathery pineapple, good projection and awesome lasting power. I sprayed both around 3 oclock pm and after a shower on 09 pm I still could smell them on my forearms.

I was wondering if anyone here have or know these both batches to coment on that. I know checker had Y01 and N01, but how about Y01 and S01, anyone?

As it happens I wore my only batch of Aventus, the 2011 Y01, on Sunday. Put three sprays on at about 9am and topped up with two 'small' sprays at about 5pm, even though I could still get a relatively fruity/woody/smokey whiff of it at that time. By the time I got home for the night at 8.30pm the same day I was Snelling very strongly of it. I got into the shower around midnight and even after the shower I was still getting whiffs of the same notes. They were quite bold and surprisingly I still got the fruity notes. It's a great batch I think and by far my favourite fragrance. Definitely one to use less sprays rather than more as you will end up choking everyone around you otherwise!

I've said it a million times, these Creeds really age well in the bottle. My decant of 11N01 started off mostly smoky, but is now a HUGE blast of apples and pineapple. Lasts for like 18 hours. My bottles of GIT have all been like this, same with MI. After exposed to air, they thicken up, become fuller and stronger. Takes a bit of time, but it's easily worth it.

Like I said in my youtube video about MI batch differences (see FragranceWires channel), the differences are pretty minimal in many cases.

It's the most deceptive cologne I have. I just bought a 2012 batch S42B12A01 and it smells terrific. I can't detect it on myself after two hours but my girl has no problem smelling it after the 5 hour mark. Every single batch I have owned gives me the same problem. Best advice Is to give it a break for a few days , then you'll be able to detect it more.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    I've said it a million times, these Creeds really age well in the bottle. My decant of 11N01 started off mostly smoky, but is now a HUGE blast of apples and pineapple. Lasts for like 18 hours. My bottles of GIT have all been like this, same with MI. After exposed to air, they thicken up, become fuller and stronger. Takes a bit of time, but it's easily worth it.

Like I said in my youtube video about MI batch differences (see FragranceWires channel), the differences are pretty minimal in many cases.
    I had the same experience when I first got N01, thought it was watered down and now it's a beast! Y01 is a bit more smoky but also a beast. I'm expecting my 2012 bottle to do the same, although my girl has no issues smelling it on me after five hours.

Stopped by my local Neiman Marcus (Michigan Ave., Chicago) to try out Aventus.

A couple of interesting observations.

1) SA opened a new box/bottle ("We just got a new shipment") and generously dosed a strip with four spritzes.
    2) No noticeable pineapple (or any fruit or that matter!), just a hint of smoke, mostly
    3) Wouldn't let me get a squirt on the wrist -- "Our tester is broken" -- but would let me try the MI.
    4) Also didn't let me look at the box to check out the batch code.
    5) About an hour later, the strip has almost no smell anymore, as compared to SMW or GIT (oh dear, call me a Philistine, but I do NOT like GIT.)

Curious. I didn't pick up any fruit, much less apple or pineapple. (I do pick up a ton of apple and pears on Sur le Toit, for example.)

What´s your batch eggy?

Anyway, just received my bottle of A42B11S01. I was told it would be a N01, but a S01 arrived.

So I made a side by side 1 spray comparison. Y01 I already had on left forearm and the new S01 on the right forearm.

I must say that the differences between them both are so, but so minimal that doesn´t worth all the hype this batch discussion gets around here. All I have noted is that Y01 is slightly woodier and S01 fruitier. But I must say that I had to be comparing each of them to reach this conclusion. Both are heavy, both got that smoky woody leathery pineapple, good projection and awesome lasting power. I sprayed both around 3 oclock pm and after a shower on 09 pm I still could smell them on my forearms.

I was wondering if anyone here have or know these both batches to coment on that. I know checker had Y01 and N01, but how about Y01 and S01, anyone?
    I have the S01

Have a bottle of the 12 batch, do not get as much smoke as the s01 that i had. Will say 1 big spray to the chest this morning at 6 am before work and now after 3 i can still smell it so this is turning out to be good and potent without settling for any length of time.

I've just ordered a 4oz bottle of Aventus on fragrancex.com, hopefully it's the latest batch. Do they usually have the most recent batch in stock? They've been sold out for quite a while now. Anyway I will let you know what batch I got when it gets here. Have a nice weekend.

I just received a bottle of Aventus this week in the mail from the Creed Boutique. The batch number is S42B12A01... From what I understand that is 2012, so, it least it's not old (which is why I purchased from there, rather than from some discount place to save a few bucks). I am still working through a few Aventus sample vials I have, but I will probably open this in the next week and post what I find with this batch.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I just received a bottle of Aventus this week in the mail from the Creed Boutique. The batch number is S42B12A01... From what I understand that is 2012, so, it least it's not old (which is why I purchased from there, rather than from some discount place to save a few bucks). I am still working through a few Aventus sample vials I have, but I will probably open this in the next week and post what I find with this batch.
    I got this batch last week, it's a real good one, fruity pineapple and less smoke. Longevity is slightly weaker than my N01 Batch but I think you will be pleased..