Code of Conduct
Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 1,020 of 2289

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Is this a new batch number? s42b12a01

Also, it just arrived from Fragrancenet unwrapped. That seems odd, doesn't it, considering I bought a new one, not a tester? Then again, a tester wouldn't have come with a box or cap (usually). I've never bought Creed before, but every other new box I've bought was wrapped in cellophane. Seems odd that this box wasn't sealed in any way. The cap looked a little scuffed too. Weird. But the bottle looks full and the sprayer required a few pumps before any liquid was in it, so clearly, it wasn't used yet.
    Creed's fragrances do not come wrapped in cellophane.

Would love an update on your longevity and projection on batch s42b12a01 when you get a chance to use it out in the real world.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, random question is the Lot/Batch number on the back of the bottle (bottom rim) etched or in black?

The reason I ask is that my Royal Oud was etched, but my Aventus was in black.

It looks like it's printed in black. I'd have never noticed it was even there if you didn't mention it. VERY faint.

Basenotes Member

Just saw S42B12C01 at a shop in Colorado but their tester is from an older batch so I couldn't sniff it. Anyone smelled this batch yet???

Quote Originally Posted by l8bro View Post
    just saw s42b12c01 at a shop in colorado but their tester is from an older batch so i couldn't sniff it. Anyone smelled this batch yet???
    s42b12C01?

I will say this: I have s42b12A01. I love how it smells, but I only got around 6 hours out of it when I first tried it yesterday. It starts with suuuuuuuch a strong juicy yet smokey pineapple smell, but it seemed to fade fast after 3 hours. I plan on giving it a full wearing tomorrow. I LOVE the smell, but I'm not impressed with the longevity. But like I said, I only wore this batch once. It starts stronger than the 2010 K04 batch I had, but it doesn't seem to last much longer.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 18th July 2012 at 09:16 PM.

I've been a longtime lurker on these boards, and I'm going with the general consensus on the Pineapple heavy batches.

The best I've smelled are:

C42B11Z01
    C42B11X02

By far.

What in the heck do Creed batch numbers mean?

C42B11Z01
    C42B11X02
    S42B12A01

The 11 or 12 in the middle of the numbers above seems to mean the year it was produced. Any idea about the rest? The letters? ...?

Other than being the answer to Life, The Universe And Everything, wasssssssssssssup with the 42?

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    What in the heck do Creed batch numbers mean?

C42B11Z01
    C42B11X02
    S42B12A01

The 11 or 12 in the middle of the numbers above seems to mean the year it was produced. Any idea about the rest? The letters? ...?

Other than being the answer to Life, The Universe And Everything, wasssssssssssssup with the 42?
    42 is the code for Aventus

Check this thread out.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270...mbers...SOLVED

Thanks!

Any new on the longevity of S42B12A01 (since this is the one Fragrancenet is apparently selling right now)?

How have the 2012 Aventus batches been?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Guapo View Post
    Any new on the longevity of S42B12A01 (since this is the one Fragrancenet is apparently selling right now)?
    I'm getting good to very good longevity from it, but I'm new to Creeds and I find their sprayers to be awful. Or, perhaps they work too well? They basically spray so much so hard that they function differently than any sprayer I've ever used. They're very finicky. Spray too close and it's like getting hit by a water-gun. Spray from too far and it's a mist that disappears into thin air. I'm probably going to end up decanting mine into a bottle with an easier to manage sprayer! I know the proper term here is "atomizer" but, for a Creed, it's more of an obliterator.

So, I think I'm getting good to very good longevity from S42B12A01, but longevity might be excellent if I mastered the art of spraying a Creed. Honestly, I don't know. I'm certainly not getting poor longevity from S42B12A01.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way - I'm only wearing 2 sprays today and at the 6 hour mark I can easily smell it. That's 2 "Creed-sprayer" sprays. 1 to the chest and 1 to the back of my neck (neck and upper back, really. I'm still learning to aim that crazy sprayer)

is my batch # any good ? -A42B10K04

Quote Originally Posted by EarNoseThroat View Post
    is my batch # any good ? -A42B10K04

Sorry, no its not. Throw it away now.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Default Re: Best batch of aventus?

Quote Originally Posted by mt219 View Post
    i have batch C42B11Z01 and I really like it. I am interested in checking out these other batches, and especially the 2012 ones
    The Fragrance Brotatos are hosting a split of the Z01 batch. It's considered to be equal in smell to the X02 batch but with slightly less longevity. I own both and the Z01 is slightly sweeter than the X02. They'd probably smell identical if I wasn't looking for a difference in batch variation. Longevity is still good with 8-10 hours or so. I get 12 or so with X02.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Odd. The decant I received has no longevity. Maybe 2 hours tops? I've asked various people (who are not around me all day) to see if they could smell it from a foot away or so. None could. Oh well, must've received it from a bad batch.

Default Creed Aventus?

Has anyone smelled batch a42b12c01?

I have the Z02 batch, big ups to heperd for the split. It's odd, when sprayed on my neck longevity was barely 2-3 hrs but the sprays I had applied to my arm were well over 5 hrs, possibly more if I hadn't washed my arms. It was quite smokey actually, with an undercurrent of Pineapple lingering at the depths of the smoke. Wasn't exactly what I was expecting but it wasn't too bad either. I'm curious to experiment with the Z01 batch but something tells me it'll be very similar...

I'm more interested in the X02 batch and the 2012 "apple" batches.

Batch variation= internet myth. The notion that a company would vary the ingredients they use is beyond ridiculous. It's all in your head, stop reading nonsense. If you did blind tests with different batches I would bet any amount of money that basenoters couldn't tell the difference. I could be wrong of course, maybe I'm just lucky and get the best every time.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Creed Aventus?

No but it sounds great.

Go for it bro.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

no, anything i should know about it

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I am not the biggest fan of the Creed House nor do I own many Creed fragrances, I have Aventus, G.I.T., M.I. I have more than 50 fragrances in my collection and I can say one thing with absolute certainty. I get more compliments when I am wearing Creed Aventus, than any other fragrance I have. It surprises me.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I am not the biggest fan of the Creed House nor do I own many Creed fragrances, I have Aventus, G.I.T., M.I. I have more than 50 fragrances in my collection and I can say one thing with absolute certainty. I get more compliments when I am wearing Creed Aventus, than any other fragrance I have. It surprises me.
    Yup, that and Lumiere Noire.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Noir de Noir
    4. Tonka Imperiale
    5. Musc Ravageur
    6. Bois d'argent
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Oud 1

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Go for it bro.
    Agree.

Default Another Aventus Thread.

Hi, Im new here. A friend offered me a new Aventus with a good price. The thing is, its from the C4210E02 batch. I have never smelled any Creed fragrance before. i've heard that batch C4210E02 isnt that great. should i get it? your comments are greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Another Aventus Thread.

Welcome to Basenotes. Personally i don't think there is a "bad batch" of Aventus in existence. Different batches..yes, but i'm sure they're all damn good!

thanks for your fast response! will keep that in mind.

Wore mine tonight actually and i think i'm addicted to that musky, red apple dry down

is it from the C4210E02 batch?

If its a friend of yours, maybe he'd let you try it first?

I agree with Tropics - there probably isn't a bad batch!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

if he let me try the Aventus then i have to remove the box and the seal. then he wont be able to sell it, no? haha!

- - - Updated - - -

he's in a different state too, and its gonna be my 3rd blindbuy. you think i should get it?

Quote Originally Posted by FragBeginner View Post
    is it from the C4210E02 batch?
    It's a fruity batch, great smelling batch, but a WEAK batch. C4210E01 was the same fruity, non-smoky scent from the early batches, but quite a bit stronger.

Depends on the price. I have a 2011 batch and it's strong. I don't know how the 2010 batch of Aventus is, but I returned my 2010 batch of Green Irish Tweed (no projection, no longevity) and picked up a 2011 batch which is absolutely amazing.

I had a 2010 batch that many called the "ash" batch. I have a 2011 batch and can tell you that the difference is night and day. From what I've heard and tested, Creed didn't iron the wrinkles out until 2011. Do a search on Creed batch numbers in this forum and I'm sure you'll find your answer.

I've searched google and Basenotes. That's what most people say. weak scent. He's selling me for $170 which i find quite a bargain. i think i have decided. i'll buy it and let you guys know. Thanks a bunch!

$170 is a good price for a 4oz bottle, but not an amazing one. If you're talking about the 2.5 oz, it's not a good deal at all.

If you want it bad enough, the by all means get it.

FrangranceNet still has Aventus at $254 for a 4oz. With a promo code plus ebates, you can get that price down to around $185 for a 4oz bottle from a 2012 batch: sweet but not sharp pineapple with a smokey base. I own it and like it.

living in an Asian country here. with the tax and shipping it would cost me a bomb. thanks for the suggestion though. appreciate it.
    Last edited by FragBeginner; 1st August 2012 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    It's a fruity batch, great smelling batch, but a WEAK batch. C4210E01 was the same fruity, non-smoky scent from the early batches, but quite a bit stronger.
    I have the C4210E01 and it's exactly as DULLAH describes it.

Jonathan, what was the batch number of the one you sent out a few weeks ago?

C42b11z02
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    C42b11z02
    Is this very strong and base-heavy and with a touch of the waxiness in Himalaya upon drydown?

The A4210E01 was the best I've smelled solely for Fruits, juniper and Patchouli. C4210E01 had the least smoke and best balance. And C42B10J01 was the strongest base I've ever smelled in Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    The A4210E01 was the best I've smelled solely for Fruits, juniper and Patchouli. C4210E01 had the least smoke and best balance.
    Agreed. Lot A4210E01 is what kept me buy more and more Aventus.
    Now lot C42B11X02 is just powerful, not a bad thing. What I noticed lately, it reminds me more and more of A4210E01.
    I think the heat really brings the best out of it.

What happened to the patchouli in Aventus? I still get the leather, but to my nose it seems like they completely removed any trace of patchouli from Aventus.

C42B11Z01 is the one i have, and smells great and lasts for a good chunk of time.
    sold some to a guy and he thinks i watered it down because he didn't get good longevity out of it and it smelled different to him (like i mixed something in it). he said "i'm upset you would send something like that to me" and that I should check with my supplier to see if i'm getting the real thing. Last time i checked, the creed boutique only sold the real thing. resisting urge to go off on him

/end rant

Default Creed Aventus - All Hype?

Why does Creed Adventus get so much attention? I bought a bottle hoping it lived up too all the hype. I was a bit disappointed. What is the silage on this cologne? I am only getting 1 hour...lol

BATCH NUMBER: A428B11701
    Last edited by pearhunter7; 8th August 2012 at 02:23 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Creed Aventus - All Hype?

Probably because is very unique, complex in structure and it gets a ton of compliments from women.

Do I like Aventus? A lot. Would I pay $320 for a bottle of it? Hell no.

Yet another post on Aventus? And you wonder why it's hyped up lol. Not trying to be negative etc, I actually do have Aventus and I love it

Quote Originally Posted by pearhunter7 View Post
    Is there something wrong with paying 200 dollar for a bottle of cologne that smells like glorified Grape Fruit? What is the deal with Creed Aventus? The juice really isn't that special. Why are so many people trying to hype this specific Creed scent?

The juice is not that special to YOU. Personal preference is all that matters. I would not take Kouros even if someone gave it to me for free. But that's just me and i wont judge anyone else who likes it. Kudos to them. What i buy is based on what I like. I dont understand why people see the opinions other people have on a scent as "hype" that should force them to react one way or the other. I use this site to discover new scents. i will never buy a scent just because it is popular.

The value of a thing depends on what someone is willing to pay for it. If someone can afford it and wants it, kudos to them. The sales numbers show that obviously a ton of people are willing to pay that price for it. I bought mine on a split and if i didn't know about this site and splits or other legit online discounters, i would def consider buying a bottle with the right batch.

It has a lot of fans, myself included. I don't think people are as you say "trying to hype this specific Creed scent", they're just giving their honest opinions which for the most part are positive but it does have it's detractors too.

Quote Originally Posted by pearhunter7 View Post
    Is there something wrong with paying 200 dollar for a bottle of cologne that smells like glorified Grape Fruit? What is the deal with Creed Aventus? The juice really isn't that special. Why are so many people trying to hype this specific Creed scent?
    The reason why this gets hyped up so much is because people make threads solely based on this scent, especially by people who doesnt even like the frag. Any publicity is good publicity

Never smelled Aventus - a lots of written about it here. Would be nice to try it sometimes to be able to form an opinion... Price does not always guarantee the quality but as a brand Creed has a quality image though.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Creed Aventus Is A Waste Of Money

Aventus - It is not all that

ANOTHER AVENTUS STORY......with a twist

I hate Aventus! (which was actually a post raving about Aventus)

Is Aventus hyped up just because it is a Creed?

This one is from yesterday:

Noirdrakkar Tries Aventus: Is Aventus Worth The Hype?

And that doesn't even include posts like:

Are Creeds worth it?

Creed, really that good or just marketing hype.

Creed IS worth the money

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    The juice is not that special to YOU. Personal preference is all that matters.
    THIS.

If you smell something - could be Aventus or anything else - and you don't think it lives up to other people's opinions, that's fine. You're not those people, so you don't have to like what they like.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 7th August 2012 at 08:32 PM.

Even the Aventus haters can't seem to say anything bad about the actual smell. It's always the usual: overhyped, too expensive, mediocre, poor longetivity etc etc but never anything negative about the actual smell. Thats because even to the most critical...Aventus is completely inoffensive.

Personally i love it and enjoy the compliments it brings

LOL at all those links! Omgosh! What the heck? All this over pineapple and wood? Just kidding! I am on the fence...to me it smells like a can of Dole pineapple juice at first..which I really don't like! Good thing top notes go away quickly then gets into the wood, which I really do like. I don't like that one has to apply a lot to really smell it, just imo. I was expecting more. Weak juice if you ask me. Needs to be more concentrated imo. Worth 200? Don't think so. But nice. I'd get a decant maybe, not a full bottle. lol.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    LOL at all those links! Omgosh! What the heck? All this over pineapple and wood? Just kidding! I am on the fence...to me it smells like a can of Dole pineapple juice at first..which I really don't like! Good thing top notes go away quickly then gets into the wood, which I really do like. I don't like that one has to apply a lot to really smell it, just imo. I was expecting more. Weak juice if you ask me. Needs to be more concentrated imo. Worth 200? Don't think so. But nice. I'd get a decant maybe, not a full bottle. lol.
    you def do NOT have to apply a lot to smell it. It could get really overpowering for people around you. People have been sent home for wearing it.

There must be something wrong with you because everyone else seems to love it

Basenotes Plus

LOL! Wonder why it is so hyped, because every day somebody feels they have to start a whole new thread on why it is so hyped instead of scrolling through the 100's of threads that have been started about Aventus being so hyped and adding their comments about it being so hyped.

Maybe if there weren't so many Aventus HYPED Threads then it may not so hyped.
    Last edited by PalmBeach; 7th August 2012 at 09:20 PM.

Banned

I own and enjoy Aventus.

If it not to your likely, just indulge yourself with another scent.