Code of Conduct
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,140 of 2351

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

Quote Originally Posted by SirSmells View Post
    C42B11Z01 is a great batch of Aventus! Very similar to the infamous X02 batch, but with a little bit less smokiness, which allows the pineapple to stay present for longer, and for the patchouli to be easily noticed, at least on my skin. Z01 is a beast on projection and longevity. Definitely can be prone to olfactory fatigue to some, however, but don't let that make you think that you need to reapply. 1-2 sprays of this is plenty for me.

Anyone else have any input on C42B11Z01?
    I've been wearing the Z01 batch all summer and can agree with everything you've said here. The compliment factor for this one is insane as well. I'm not talking about compliments where I've asked my mom or friends either. I'm talking about strangers who outright say, "You smell so good!". In terms of olfactory fatigue, my advice is to spray once or twice on the shirt you are wearing. After a while on a cool summer night when I come to the conclusion that Aventus has completely worn off, I find that I will still get occasional whiffs of Aventus from the spray applied on my clothing. I love it!

I'm not afraid to admit this but I am very much an Aventus fanboy, so much so that after purchasing a 50ml of Z01 and going through half since May, I re-ordered another 60ml Nothing else that I own garners as much compliments as this. The pineapple note is completely original in comparison to other fresh frags on the market. Furthermore, the appeal to Aventus (at least in my case) is that this fragrance is universal in terms of appeal as well as personal to the wearer. In many cases I have found since collecting fragrance, the combination of such a universal appeal to others along with personal liking has been relatively hard to come by. Sure, there are frags that are personal to some that garner compliments that are along the lines of, "That smells nice." But with Aventus, the compliments are quite a bit more enthusiastic. This is purely based off of my opinion and experience. Everyone is different!

Can one call the NYC Creed Boutique and request, and actually receive a certain batch/check availability?

Quote Originally Posted by awilson529 View Post
    Can one call the NYC Creed Boutique and request, and actually receive a certain batch/check availability?
    Yes. I have heard, however, that Creed will charge a premium? At least that's what I heard when people were special ordering the X02.

Thanks for your quick reply. That's nice to know. Does anyone happen to know how much they were charging for batch requests?

Thanks for your quick reply. That's nice to know. Does anyone happen to know how much they were charging for batch requests?
    I heard it was only $20-$30 range for the lager flacons. So if you're dropping $500 + on a larger flacon, who cares?

Give them a call and post the results.

Awesome. I'll be re-upping my Aventus when I get back from vacation. I've still got a bit left. If it's only $20-30, it's not an issue. I'll very happily pay to get a bangin' batch. It's shaping up to be one of my favorites. Along with L'Essance de Cerruti. 2 completely different scents.

Do the 500ml flacons come with a ground glass fitting or a sprayer? It's a glass fitting on their webpage picture.

Gonna order Z01 and compare to my other samples, this could be the batch in after from the sound of the posts involving this particular batch

Hey Guys!

I`m thinking of buying Aventus and there is only one store in my city who sells Aventus. The batch number is A42B12C01 and I wonder if anyone have the same batch number or have had this batch number and can combare with other batches?

Would be grateful if I got an answer from you.

Awesome. I'll be re-upping my Aventus when I get back from vacation. I've still got a bit left. If it's only $20-30, it's not an issue. I'll very happily pay to get a bangin' batch. It's shaping up to be one of my favorites. Along with L'Essance de Cerruti. 2 completely different scents.

Do the 500ml flacons come with a ground glass fitting or a sprayer? It's a glass fitting on their webpage picture.
    I don't believe so?

If you decide to do it. We can go halfsies.

The flacons come with a glass stopper, I believe.

In response to the earlier post, the C42B11Z01 lasts days if sprayed on clothing. Another great quality that this batch features!

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Well, I just got this a short while ago and have worn it for just one short hour but the pineapple seems strong so far and not that much smokiness. I loved the pineapple note the most so I am quite happy so far with this batch. I guess you roll the dice with Aventus...this time I may indeed be a winner.
    Akahina, any update on your impression of this batch? How is projection and longevity? Can you pick up any patchouli?

Quote Originally Posted by loki8 View Post
    Akahina, any update on your impression of this batch? How is projection and longevity? Can you pick up any patchouli?
    Longevity and projection are monstrous on my skin with this batch, and the patchouli is definitely prominent.
    The first time I wore this around my father, he asked, "Who's wearing patchouli?"

Looking forward to hear how Akahina's first wear went.

I ordered a 10ml sample of this stuff. Supposedly from a pineapple heavy batch. Well see if it lives up to the hype haha. The one and only time I've sampled it was at neiman Marcus and it smelled waaaay too smoky for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    I ordered a 10ml sample of this stuff. Supposedly from a pineapple heavy batch. Well see if it lives up to the hype haha. The one and only time I've sampled it was at neiman Marcus and it smelled waaaay too smoky for me.
    Did you get it off the guy on Ebay? His name is Byron and its legit. I got 3oz of the X02 off him.

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post
    Did you get it off the guy on Ebay? His name is Byron and its legit. I got 3oz of the X02 off him.
    Ya. The guy I bought it off of was also selling it in 30ml. I would've gone with that but I'm an idiot and like owning full bottles.

Where do you buy your Z01 from?

Quote Originally Posted by Vamos View Post
    Where do you buy your Z01 from?
    Darkmanzdecantz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHLc4OVP0V4

Does the X02 batch warrant a premium?

I have 2 extra 1-oz decants of it. I don't know if I want to sell them, just my list of "TO BUY" is growing too long.

The last two flacons I ordered from Creed for my splits were C42B11Z01, and it smells absolutely fantastic. All good reviews from the splitters for this batch (the ones who contacted me afterwards and told me, anyway).

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by soccerhero View Post
    The last two flacons I ordered from Creed for my splits were C42B11Z01, and it smells absolutely fantastic. All good reviews from the splitters for this batch (the ones who contacted me afterwards and told me, anyway).

Jeff
    Great to hear!

Quick question.. would lot # A42B11Z01 be the same as C42B11Z01? From my understanding the first letter just indicates the bottle size when the glass atomizers are filled.

Got my sample today. 10ml of the z01 batch. I like it so far. The smokiness is definitely prominent, but its not overpowering like the previous batch i sampled. It definitely smells green and slightly fruity. It reminds me of a darker, more formal version of bleeker street. This is just an initial observation.

I had a good 10-15 minute conversation with the store manager at the Creed Boutique in New York. He was really nice. He explained, basically, that the lot #'s of the Flacons are tied to 55-gallon drums. The more similar the number, the more similar the fragrance. The only way to ensure you get a specific batch is to call the boutique directly.

Default Re: Creed Aventus - All Hype?

I hated Aventus when I tried it at neiman Marcus but took a chance on a small decant. Within 5 mins I had compliments and I'm not the type of guy who really gets them nor seeks them out.

Quote Originally Posted by pearhunter7 View Post
    Why does Creed Adventus get so much attention? I bought a bottle hoping it lived up too all the hype. I was a bit disappointed. What is the silage on this cologne? I am only getting 1 hour...lol

BATCH NUMBER: A428B11701
    Maybe you were disappointed because you got a fake?

That batch number doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    Even the Aventus haters can't seem to say anything bad about the actual smell. It's always the usual: .............., ..............., mediocre, ............. etc etc but never anything negative about the actual smell.
    This is the biggest problem with Aventus fans, they don't think mediocre scents are a bad thing :P

But in all seriousness, it's basically your standard "mens fragrance" scent with a fruity (apple or pineapple) top. Aventus is an empty calorie perfume that caters to the lowest common denominator, it poses no challenge and it's instantly familiar. It doesn't surprise me that women compliment it a lot. Bottom line, if you're in this game for compliments then go for these types of fragrances and avoid things like Montale, Lutens, etc.. you may get one or two, but most people unfamiliar with fragrance will simply find the more challenging niche scents to be weird or off-putting. Our hobby and how insane some of these niche houses go would probably make the average person's mind boggle in confusion, it just seems normal to us cause we're quite familiar with it. Most people I let smell MKK recoil in disgust, but it's beloved on here.

I had two reactions the first time I smelled Aventus, and both reactions happened in that first split second. They were a) This stuff is such a letdown and b) I totally get why people like it. That may sound like two reactions at odds with each other, but maybe it'll make sense to a few of you. Not trying to insult, just giving my honest perception.

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Maybe you were disappointed because you got a fake?

That batch number doesn't exist.
    Thats exactly what I was going to say, Its got an extra number in there and another number instead of a batch letter.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    Probably because is very unique, complex in structure and it gets a ton of compliments from women.

Do I like Aventus? A lot. Would I pay $320 for a bottle of it? Hell no.
    That pretty much sums up my opinion on Aventus.

Do people think the Zara fragrance in the gold bottle is somewhat similar to Aventus?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post
    I had a good 10-15 minute conversation with the store manager at the Creed Boutique in New York. He was really nice. He explained, basically, that the lot #'s of the Flacons are tied to 55-gallon drums. The more similar the number, the more similar the fragrance. The only way to ensure you get a specific batch is to call the boutique directly.
    Should have said.. Yes, I'll take a 55 gallon drum of C42B11X02 please, haha

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Should have said.. Yes, I'll take a 55 gallon drum of C42B11X02 please, haha
    Considering his response, he's been asked the question before. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by chinamen_6 View Post
    Do people think the Zara fragrance in the gold bottle is somewhat similar to Aventus?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Although there are a few similarities, they smell nothing alike. There's an entire thread on this.

I smelled it for the first time the other day. It was alright. Dont think it was worth the $108 for the tiny bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by elmalo View Post
    I smelled it for the first time the other day. It was alright. Dont think it was worth the $108 for the tiny bottle.
    Could you share the batch #?

Honestly, it makes a world of difference. I did a complete 180 on Aventus because I found a batch that was exactly what I was looking for. The batches I've had in the past were just too smoky which didn't let the sweet 'royal' pineapple shine through for a few hours.

One of my friend wants to trade A42B11X02 batch bottle so please advice longetivity and general openion of that batch.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by elmalo View Post
    This is exactly what I wish more people would have enough courage and common sense to do: smell it and make up their own minds.

I say 'courage' because too many people feel like they're supposed to enjoy Aventus since so many other people enjoy it, as if having a different opinion is bad. Common sense says the only opinion that matters is the one attached to the skin and the wallet in question.

I think Aventus is mostly worth the hype (not the stupid "pantydropper" hype. That attitude makes men look bad and it's ill informed since there are so many other frags at a fraction of the price that women enjoy on a man just as much of not more).

Quote Originally Posted by kal2001 View Post
    One of my friend wants to trade A42B11X02 batch bottle so please advice longetivity and general openion of that batch.

Thanks in advance.
    Smell it and give us your initial impression.

I'd imagine the 'genes' of that batch are great seeing that it's tied to the famous X02 batch.

Originally Posted by kal2001

Thanks in advance.

I'd imagine the 'genes' of that batch are great seeing that it's tied to the famous X02 batch.

Thanks for reply but I dont have ealier Aventus so not sure whats diff. bet. two batch. Is there any way we can find out manuf. date from batch no ?

Yep it's from 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by kal2001 View Post
    Originally Posted by kal2001

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for reply but I dont have ealier Aventus so not sure whats diff. bet. two batch. Is there any way we can find out manuf. date from batch no ?

S42B12C01 - smell amazing, last ~ 10-12h.

Blog Entries

I purchased a sample from TPC 3 weeks ago, almost no pineapple in top note, heavy ash almost immediately. I don't know the lot number, but it confirms that they scaled down the pineapple since conception.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

The Pineapple note is actually worse in the 2010's and better in the 2011/12's. I'd expect TPC's Aventus stock is quite old and probably the K04 everyone wants to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcium View Post
    S42B12C01 - smell amazing, last ~ 10-12h.
    Yeah its great, Everyone involved in the recent splits I've ran have been very happy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    The Pineapple note is actually worse in the 2010's and better in the 2011/12's. I'd expect TPC's Aventus stock is quite old and probably the K04 everyone wants to get rid of.
    Maybe, Top notes are the first to go if it sits around, but a company like TPC should have enough turn-around in a popular frag. like this that it isn't old. I know I wrote a hasty negative review of Aventus based on a TPC sample, and smelling it later in another batch, it wasn't quite as "ashtray" smelling as the sample.

The lot number from TPC is C42B10K04.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vamos View Post
    The lot number from TPC is C42B10K04.
    That explains a lot, but for a house like Creed to have such poor quality control to have wide variations in batches is inexcusable. I understand variations like with a good wine, but they should be minor, and within an acceptable limit.

Its a 2 year old batch and the one no one likes, Have you tried any of the 2011/12's then to make that statement?

Basenotes Plus

I think its so ridiculous that this house cant keep consistency in their batches and charge an arm and a leg for this juice...I will never buy a bottle...Creed needs to get a grip and get their shit together...IMO
    I was born to shoot guns and smell good doin it!

Shane "The Bopper" Stagg

I'm beginning to feel like they owe me 10% but their quality control over the last 2 years has been spot on. Its only in 2010 where things seemingly went awry on a couple of scents.

+ wanted to say...

interesting point.. when i wear Aventus, 10min i can smell it and then i cant.. but still others can.. i like it.. big + worth to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcium View Post
    + wanted to say...

interesting point.. when i wear Aventus, 10min i can smell it and then i cant.. but still others can.. i like it.. big + worth to buy.
    Youll notice it when you change out of your clothes, then smell the clothes you sprayed, you can still smell it.

Has anyone purchased from Fragrancenet lately? How was the juice? If you dont recommend fragrancenet what other grey market would you recommend? Amazon? Tuccini?

Thanks
    Last edited by catlettsl; 3rd September 2012 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post
    Has anyone purchased from Fragrancenet lately? How was the juice? If you dont recommend fragrancenet what other grey market would you recommend? Amazon? Tuccini?

Thanks
    Fragrancenet should be fine. If you know what to look for, Ebay is a good option.

BeautyEncounter.com and FragranceX.com

If you type 'Creed Aventus' into the eBay search field, just look for the Fragrancenet store. For some reason they have Aventus for under $200 versus $260 on their website.

Not sure which batch numbers they're currently carriyng at the moment though.

Wow, I'm kinda upset. I thought I was getting a good deal when I just purchased 6 bottles from Fragrancenet at $260 with their 20% off code on their website in the last 2 weeks.

If i would have purchased from them on ebay, I would have saved around $100.

Plus, doesnt eBay charge the Seller huge fees to sell their product? Especially $200 prodcuts?
    Not to mention Paypal taking a huge cut on the back end?

You think it would be cheaper on Fragrancenet'S OWN website... and not vice-versa?

Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post
    Wow, I'm kinda upset. I thought I was getting a good deal when I just purchased 6 bottles from Fragrancenet at $260 with their 20% off code on their website in the last 2 weeks.

If i would have purchased from them on ebay, I would have saved around $100.

Plus, doesnt eBay charge the Seller huge fees to sell their product? Especially $200 prodcuts?
    Not to mention Paypal taking a huge cut on the back end?

You think it would be cheaper on Fragrancenet'S OWN website... and not vice-versa?
    some stuff is cheaper on Fragrancenet....some Creeds like Green Irish Tweed, Virgin Island Water, and Original Santal can be bought for a bargain, but Aventus is very costly on fragrancenet.

...yeah but one would think the SAME company fragrancenet would charge almost the same price on both of their fragrancenet stores....both their ebay store and their fragrancenet website store. It's the same company after all.

Ugh...frustration...

I saw a 2.5 oz bottle for $150 from amazon by way of tuccini. Is this a go or no go??

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post
    ...yeah but one would think the SAME company fragrancenet would charge almost the same price on both of their fragrancenet stores....both their ebay store and their fragrancenet website store. It's the same company after all.

Ugh...frustration...
    yeah I hear you, that is frustrating. No clue why.

Default Re: Best batch of aventus?

A42B11Z01 is the best batch. It has the sweetest pineapple with less smoke, and it last very well.... as someone previously mentioned above.

I love Aventus just not it's performance. My 30ml bottle was ok but my 120 - dreadful. Been wearing it past 2days trying to get a feel for how it performs. First 1 hour I get decent projection then it's very close for another 3 hours and done. Batch A42B11S01.

It's the only Creed I'll suffer for lol
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    3. Hermes Un Jardin Méditerranée
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Current swap list found here ... http://tinyurl.com/9udvk8q