Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

We don't need no stinkin' batches!

I only know the truly initial batch of Aventus, the supposedly "good" one, of which I have an (unfinished) decant and don't ever intend to get more.

I have to say that, regardless of whether somebody thinks various "Aventuses" are mediocre or the Second Coming, the lack of professionalism shown by Creed in this instance goes way and beyond anything they have shown in the past.

Getting a discounted six year old Creed from some grey market website and not getting utmost quality and consistency is, to a great extent, understandable if not desirable. I've lived for years with this reality, tried to buy fresh stuff full price from authorized distributors, and swallowed the occasional gaffe.

This is different. For a supposedly royal level perfume house to put out on the market, from authorized distributors, under the same name, at full (huge) price, and with no warning, different products, within less than one year since that perfume was launched... this goes beyond mere chutzpah.

It is proof of sadly glorified amateurism, of rampant greed squashing any resemblance of decent customer treatment, altogether a shameful commercial practice, and snake-oil standards.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    are you guys sure the lot numbers aren't just variables according to BOTTLE SIZE? A4210E01's are 1 oz, C42B10J01 are Flacons, ECT...?
    Good question. My lot #C42B10J01 is indeed a flacon. I'm beginning to wonder if all these perceived discrepancies between lot numbers are just in people's heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if all these perceived discrepancies between lot numbers are just in people's heads.
    Well, both admirers and detractors of Aventus made similar observations regarding the blatant discrepancies between batches.

Dullah among others commented in great and erudite detail about these discrepancies... and he has a proven nose, second to none.

Blog Entries

...then let Shakespeare defend Creed as well.....

To CREED, or not to CREED: that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the nose to suffer
    The fits and starts of outdated craft,
    Or to turn science against the rivers of history,
    And by opposing forget them? To predict: to forget;
    Forever; and by prediction end
    The heart-ache of the thousand natural scents
    That memory is heir to, 'tis a formulation
    Devoutly to be wish'd. To predict, to forget;
    To forget: perchance to remember: ay, there's the rub;
    For in that forgetfulness of prediction what memories may come
    When scents have vanished off this fragrant coil,
    Must give us pause: there's the respect
    That makes calamity of so many scents;
    For who would bear the scent and sorrow of time remembered,
    The oppressive stench, the old woman's chypre,
    The yearning for lost love's scent, or for loved scents lost,
    The insolence of beauty and the spurns
    That patient love by the unworthy takes,
    When lesser reminiscence one might fake
    With a new fashion? who would florals keep,
    To cool and shade under a worried brow,
    But that the dread of memories unfulfilled,
    The undiscover'd equation from whose query
    No answer returns, puzzles the will
    And makes us rather bear those smells we have
    Than fly to others that we know not of?
    Thus memory does make cowards of us all;
    And thus the newer note of resolution
    Is layered o'er with the pale accord of thought,
    And houses of great posh and moment
    With this regard their collections turn awry,
    And lose the whims of fashion. - Soft you now!
    The fair Olivia! Nymph, in thy flacons
    Be all CREED's faults remember'd.

Redneck, excellent pastiche - thank you, I had a smile with my coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Castro View Post
    I want to purchase a bottle, but I am concerned about all of this lot# business.
    Given the extraordinary number of extraordinary fragrances available these days, accepting the Aventus gamble and spending hundreds of dollars - while hoping that the Creed gods will be merciful this time - is an incommensurately expensive lottery, in my eyes.

Good question. My lot #C42B10J01 is indeed a flacon. I'm beginning to wonder if all these perceived discrepancies between lot numbers are just in people's heads.
    I've got a flacon with the exact Lot number. I see Dullah's point about this batch. It's very deeply smokey and thick, much darker than my previous earlier sample. The sample had better balance of the fruity top, floral middle and the smokey base. This one is all about smoke and very masculine. It almost smells like the current trendy two-liner niche offerings on the market that everyone is putting out. As someone said..."more of a smell than a proper perfume."

While I appreciate the fact the CREED are or may be charting a new course and style for the future and encourage them to grow as a company, I can appreciate Addict's points as well. While I don't dislike my current batch Aventus, I wish I had a full flacon of the earlier juice that I tested and liked and caused me to buy this flacon.

I guess I resent having to pay the large price of admission to become a beta-tester

Just out of curiosity, has anyone wrote Creed about a difference in batches or perhaps the meaning behind the lot numbers, just to get an official word?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert G. View Post
    I've got a flacon with the exact Lot number. I see Dullah's point about this batch. It's very deeply smokey and thick, much darker than my previous earlier sample. The sample had better balance of the fruity top, floral middle and the smokey base. This one is all about smoke and very masculine. It almost smells like the current trendy two-liner niche offerings on the market that everyone is putting out. As someone said..."more of a smell than a proper perfume."

While I appreciate the fact the CREED are or may be charting a new course and style for the future and encourage them to grow as a company, I can appreciate Addict's points as well. While I don't dislike my current batch Aventus, I wish I had a full flacon of the earlier juice that I tested and liked and caused me to buy this flacon.

I guess I resent having to pay the large price of admission to become a beta-tester
    Get your money back. It's not what you expected. It's not what you paid for. People need to stop accepting Creed's mistakes and unreliability and show them who is really boss: the consumer.

Well said, and I think the Beta-Testing scenario is the most likely reason for the wild variation.

Yes, this is the point where "wallet voting" comes into play.

While I appreciate the fact the CREED are or may be charting a new course and style for the future and encourage them to grow as a company, I can appreciate Addict's points as well.
    Dear Robert, thank you for your elegant, balanced posting.

Let me make one thing clear: that "I don't like Creed" (not that you'd have claimed that, you haven't) is worse than imprecise, it is the opposite of my sentiments. Creed was (and still is, but not for long) the house I used most for the better of the last decades. A good couple of thousands of dollars went their way from my wallet. Some of their past fragrances have been fantastic, Green Irish Tweed is one of my favorite perfumes ever, despite the fact that I know I am not original or ground-breaking saying that, and Windsor I (about Windsor II I agree with Dullah, except for saying that he has been, while precise in olfactory description, too gentle in criticism) was one of the best creations of the last couple of years. As recently as December I recommended both Bois du Cedrat and Citrus Bigarrade as some of the best classic colognes ever made. (Expect them to be discontinued soon.)

I sincerely bear Creed no ill will. Of course I hope that the house and their excellent creations will survive and, provided they don't continue messing up things, thrive. However, when charting a new course involves (implicitly) mocking their customers, not standing behind their products, and caring more and more about money (as well as less and less about quality and quality control), I see no reason not to call a spade a spade. Perhaps they needed being saved from themselves, or from new influences which drags them into the realm of the ordinary and of the mercantilism.

I have noticed for many years now slightly upsetting things. Compared to the 1997-1998 Green Irish Tweed, the present product is like an Eau de Toilette compared to an Eau de Parfum. The violet leaf is a lot less present than it used to be. However, the formula, diluted as it is in the present product, was kept, while not truly consistent, consistent enough for this faithful customer to (not literally) swallow the dilution. I wasn't happy but I said OK. The Windsor II (169 $605 flacons still available for sale at Creed Boutique if you're interested) debacle was something else. See Dullah's superb posts on the matter. Now this Aventus craze, with confused customers confronting various bottle numbers and such... all of this less than a year after the alleged "masterpiece" was launched.

"Sorry you've ordered royal milk, folks, you'll have to be happy with royal kefir" is definitely not a royal attitude.

When it comes to signing indulgences regarding these and more debatable practices, enough is enough. For me, at least. And finally.

Default Re: Aventus owners

Quote Originally Posted by M.T. View Post
    C4210E01, 28 hours later I still smell it on me today.
    Want to get a flacon, but this difference in batches is making me rethink it.
    I can always check the batch before buying it, really love this one.
    I have some from this batch also and it seems to last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    When it comes to signing indulgences regarding these and more debatable practices, enough is enough. For me, at least. And finally.
    I sincerely hope so!

May you find a brand which was immaculately conceived and has preserved its business and juice in pristine condition for the past 50 years !
    -

Quote Originally Posted by nickyplat View Post
    Batch A4210G01C. I have no point of reference on how it smells compared to other batches, except that it smells exactly like the 2.5mL decant I received from The Perfumed Court. Love this juice, and so do women!
    thats the exact batch i got....very little pineapple that i pick up at any point....not strong at all though i do notice it for a long time

While I am not sure about the 50 years criterion, there are plenty of good brands which do NOT offer wildly varied compositions within less than one year apart, brazenly selling these various (some seriously flawed) juices, under the same name, for prices ranging between $280 and $605 for a full bottle/flacon.

However, I accept civilised good wishes from whichever corner they are being offered, so thank you very kindly, good Sir.

In my effort to narrow down lot #'s to bottle size, does anybody have lot numbers to 2.5 ounce bottles of Aventus? That seems to be the only one I'm missing.

While I am not sure about the 50 years criterion, there are plenty of good brands which do NOT offer wildly varied compositions within less than one year apart, brazenly selling these various (some seriously flawed) juices, under the same name, for prices ranging between $280 and $605 for a full bottle/flacon.

However, I accept civilised good wishes from whichever corner they are being offered, so thank you very kindly, good Sir.
    Not to burst your bubble and continue this forward but off the top of my head Guerlain SDV (launch 2007 - I noticed variation first in mid/fall 2008) and Profvmvm Santalum are just two high profile fragrances which have experienced big variations in batches just 1-1.5 years into their launch...I am sure there are many others.

But thanks for accepting my good wishes and we can move on from here.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Not to burst your bubble and continue this forward but off the top of my head Guerlain SDV (launch 2007 - I noticed variation first in mid/fall 2008) and Profvmvm Santalum are just two high profile fragrances which have experienced big variations in batches just 1-1.5 years into their launch...
    There's no bubble to be burst - that there would be no other brands with questionable practices and obvious disdain for their clientele (which Creed exhibits recently) has never been claimed, only that there are many without.

Thanks for the heads-up, though. The first time Profvmvm Santalum and the Guerlain you mention are being presented in an exclusively positive vein, I am looking forward to reading your insights on the matter.

I have the A4 batch (one ounce bottle from Creed online boutique). No ash note to speak of. Really nice to every one around me, but my nose struggles to smell it after a few hours.

I wear it once or twice a week. What will I do when I run out? Probably wait until it hits eBay. It's not as special as SMW or GIT to me. I'd pay $125 for a 4 OZ or 2 OZ bottle, but no more. I paid $150 for my one oz, I believe. That was a one time thing.

I just compared the list of ingredients on my recently acquired 75ml bottle of Creed Aventus with my vintage 120ml bottle of Aventus. They have a few additional ingredients mentioned on newer bottles. Perhaps these additions could be the cause behind the variation.

[IMG][/IMG]

That last ingredient on there is a type of sunblocker also has floral smell to it. I am not into the perfumery stuff but maybe to protect it from sunlight damage in clear bottles? Totally guessing.

is an organic compound used as an ingredient in sunscreens and cosmetics to absorb UVB (ultraviolet) rays from the sun.[1] It is an ester formed by the condensation of a salicylic acid with 2-ethylhexanol. It is a colorless oily liquid with a slight floral odor.

The salicylate portion of the molecule absorbs ultraviolet light, protecting skin from the harmful effects of exposure to sunlight. The ethylhexanol portion is a fatty alcohol, adding emollient and oil-like (water resistant) properties.
    Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.

LOL. Seriously! So many rules. Imagine what a chump you'd feel like reading this only to find you spent good money on a "batch" that hasn't been officially sanctioned by basenoters as good?! Whatever.
    I have no reason to doubt all of these noses telling me there are major batch variations. I believe it. I just really do wonder why quality control seems to be beyond the grasp of the CREED corporation?

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I just compared the list of ingredients on my recently acquired 75ml bottle of Creed Aventus with my vintage 120ml bottle of Aventus.
    Vintage Aventus! ....and so soon!

Ah, I still remember it like it was last year when I bought my first bottle of Aventus. Oh, wait...

I decided to dive into the Aventus pool and purchased a 4oz from Parfumes Raffy. And I have to say, the bottle that arrived did indeed smell different than the samples I had tried. The samples seem to lack the warm drydown that the bottle certainly has. I have to say that I like the samples very much, but the bottle absolutely completes the scent and I like the scent even more than I did with the samples.

All that being said (and that I am on the positive side of Aventus - I get a full day plus out of it), it shocks me that Creed would not have ironed all of this out prior to release. Different quality raw ingredients in different batches? Maybe. But isn't there a way to ensure consistency in this day and age as well? I would say a very loud yes. I wish Creed would get their act together on this and eliminate the need for threads like these!

Regards,
    Steve

I only know the truly initial batch of Aventus, the supposedly "good" one, of which I have an (unfinished) decant and don't ever intend to get more.

I have to say that, regardless of whether somebody thinks various "Aventuses" are mediocre or the Second Coming, the lack of professionalism shown by Creed in this instance goes way and beyond anything they have shown in the past.

Getting a discounted six year old Creed from some grey market website and not getting utmost quality and consistency is, to a great extent, understandable if not desirable. I've lived for years with this reality, tried to buy fresh stuff full price from authorized distributors, and swallowed the occasional gaffe.

This is different. For a supposedly royal level perfume house to put out on the market, from authorized distributors, under the same name, at full (huge) price, and with no warning, different products, within less than one year since that perfume was launched... this goes beyond mere chutzpah.

It is proof of sadly glorified amateurism, of rampant greed squashing any resemblance of decent customer treatment, altogether a shameful commercial practice, and snake-oil standards.

The answer is very simple. According to a Creed rep I spoke to yesterday, Aventus is selling more than all of their other fragrances combined.

It's greed, pure and simple greed.

Greed. Creed.

Odd how they are so similar in spelling isn't it?

Or maybe not.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I found Creed Aventus batch A42B10J02 astonishingly weak. It seemed like the top was missing altogether. Although the issue could be isolated to the particular bottle, I can't see how anyone would feel satisfied with it. The aforementioned was not at all close to the hand made samples I received from the NYC Boutique or local Neiman Marcus. Granted I do seem to experience pronounced olfactory habituation with Aventus unlike any other fragrance I have (and it is puzzling). Using the guidelines here I returned it and purchased a flacon of C42B10J01. Thanks guys! I decided Aventus will be my concession to a modern/ contemporary fragrance.

Martin
    Last edited by Jazznpool; 17th February 2011 at 08:38 AM.

I received a decant from NM this past weekend, and although I loved it, it lacked the 'coveted' pineapple top notes. I think I'll wait until they (if ever) 'standardize' the whole batch number debacle.

I also have two different batches, one is really pineappley at the start which is almost like a punch to the face. The second is smokey at the start then shows a really tame pineapple a bit later on. After a while they do smell similar.

To quote myself form another thread..."The new batch smells like how I do after coming home late from an evening in my suit (wearing Himalaya), followed by some drinks and cigars at Cigar Maters. I mean, if I want to capture that smell then it's remarkable, otherwise ???"

Lot # A42B10K02

And to think, I just sold my bottle of Himalaya 'cuz I was done with that scent!

A local store has A42B10K01 (75ml), I wasn't allowed to open the shrink wrap and test it. Has anyone tried A42B10K01 and how it compares to the C42B10J01?

Need a little help here, having trouble tracking down C42B10J01 here in Australia, or anywhere that current has it and will ship to Australia. Places I've asked say they cannot give me batch number and they only have new batches. So, well I'm not going to waste $300+ on a bad batch!
    Last edited by Sniffa; 17th February 2011 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    A local store has A42B10K01 (75ml), I wasn't allowed to open the shrink wrap and test it. Has anyone tried A42B10K01 and how it compares to the C42B10J01?

Need a little help here, having trouble tracking down C42B10J01 here in Australia, or anywhere that current has it and will ship to Australia. Places I've asked say they cannot give me batch number and they only have new batches. So, well I'm not going to waste $300+ on a bad batch!
    Shrink wrap on a Creed box? Nah....that's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    Shrink wrap on a Creed box? Nah....that's not right.
    More like clear plastic wrap

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    Batch C4210E02. This is the one my flacon has and was likely the first batch as I pre ordered it from the creedboutique. However, I don't find it weak at all. This lasts all day on me and smells great.
    I got this one and agree, not weak at all... 2 spray maximum. I still smell it after a couple days on a shirt. This one has a lot of pineapple opening and while it mellows the top notes hang on for the duration. I really like it.

+1 on the A42B10J02. Mine is from NM PHX.
    I like the juice still,but not worth the $.
    A bit weak.

akdeluxe

I'd be very surprised if Parfums Raffy wasn't able to help you. I'd like to think that when your 10% Basenotes discount is factored in, it would be enough to cover shipping o Australia with something left over. I heard from one Creed specialist today that there is some difficulty with the Aventus supply keeping up with the recent demand. She was plumb out of flacons. What a great place to be in for Creed! When I go tomorrow to my local NM for a pickup, I'm going to get a few more samples of their Aventus tester and write down the batch# from the bottle. The samples I received last week from their tester were absolutely perfect.

Martin

Martin

I bought mine 2 weeks ago at NM in MA. I haven't seen this number yet. A42B10K03. This batch has a strong pineapple bergamot opening blast that fades into the rubbery birch note then slowly fades into the birch/pineapple combo till the birch leaves totally and it's just pineapple all day. It seems to last quite a while....but you have to wear 4 squirts.

After reading all these posts I am starting to think it's all the same scent we all have and just have different effects on peoples skin. When I do close squirts I get a huge pineapple blast at first. If I don't the pineapple fades quick.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Having g tried a tester from the shop for a few days on my skin I decided to buy a bottle. It was from lot a42b10j02 and smells different so I assume this is a bad batch some people have spoken about. As this is the first time I have bought Creed its put me off, guys should we even be having a discussion about bad batches on cologne that costs this much? Its completely unacceptable to me. I wont be buying anything Creed again, a complete let down.
    Last edited by googlewhack; 20th February 2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: error

Quote Originally Posted by googlewhack View Post
    Having g tried a tester from the shop for a few days on my skin I decided to buy a bottle. It was from lot a42b10j02 and smells different so I assume this is a bad batch some people have spoken about. As this is the first time I have bought Creed its put me off, guys should we even be having a discussion about bad batches on cologne that costs this much? Its completely unacceptable to me. I wont be buying anything Creed again, a complete let down.
    If you still have your sales receipt, original packaging and have only taken a few sprays out of it, return it and purchase a larger size of an acceptable lot#. You could say you got decided you would like the larger size and not even discuss anything about a bad batch. A42B10J02 is the only batch I have direct experience with that is unacceptable and I'm thinking that was the same batch I tried at a local Nordstom's in early December. There was no pineapple/ fruit and very little of anything else--and I applied a ton of it. Judging from more recent batch A42B10K03, it looks like the problem has been corrected nicely by Creed. I have found this scent kind of fun to wear because it is so different and fruity. If you are unable to return to where you purchased contact Creed USA directly. I'd bet my last dollar they will take care of you. Lax quality control is not acceptable--especially from the house of Creed.

Martin

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

I already gave you tweeds the answer

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270...ighlight=creed

even tested on 5 people who have never smelled it before, not one of them picked up any smoke/ash.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

PuddleMonkey, are you saying there's no need to worry about the batch number. Just buy one anyway and see if it changes?

PuddleMonkey, are you saying there's no need to worry about the batch number. Just buy one anyway and see if it changes?
    Yep, my ashy top is completely gone after a few months. I've tested this theory multiple times, including on people who've never smelled Aventus before having them describe it.

What I'd prefer though, is you guys not believe me and trade me your 'bad' batch numbers.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

I see your point there PM, does the same rule apply to the batches people claim to be weak or missing top notes as well? Or were you jsut talkinga bout your bottle that was very ashy?

Mine is lot #C42B10J01 and I'm very happy with it. Can't comment on how it compares to other batches, but it smells the same as the official sample vials I got from Nordstrom. No complaints here.
    craigslist is awesome. i had cash in hand for my z31 less than 12 hours after i posted it.

I see your point there PM, does the same rule apply to the batches people claim to be weak or missing top notes as well? Or were you jsut talkinga bout your bottle that was very ashy?
    I can't speak for people claiming to have missing notes or weak sauce. Personally I think some people just like to bash Creed. My bottle had ashy notes for the first 5-10 minutes when I first bought it, nothing really bad but they were definitely there. Now it's pure pineapple heaven from go.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

PM, I went out and bought 75ml of Creed Aventus yesterday. The earlier yesterday I sprayed some from sample bottle (C4... batch), then I bought the A4... batch and I have to say the smell of the sample and my bottle are DIFFERENT.

- It doesn't project
    - In it's weak wobbly little introvert life it lasted 5 hours max (2 x sprays in one pulse spot) before I can't smell it at all
    - Pineapple is very faint, I can smell that ashy / rubber you talked about very faintly but still more than pineapple

Did 7 sprays this morning on me and shirt. A colleague standing a meter from me can't smell it.

I'm feeling like I've just spent $250 on a bottle of washed out pineapple juice bottle filled with flavored water. If this is the quality I'm going to get from authorised Creed reseller, I'm going to buy all the next Creed from the so called grey market and discounters.

I would like to buy the original Aventus that starts with a good fresh pineapple smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    If you still have your sales receipt, original packaging and have only taken a few sprays out of it, return it and purchase a larger size of an acceptable lot#. You could say you got decided you would like the larger size and not even discuss anything about a bad batch. A42B10J02 is the only batch I have direct experience with that is unacceptable and I'm thinking that was the same batch I tried at a local Nordstom's in early December. There was no pineapple/ fruit and very little of anything else--and I applied a ton of it. Judging from more recent batch A42B10K03, it looks like the problem has been corrected nicely by Creed. I have found this scent kind of fun to wear because it is so different and fruity. If you are unable to return to where you purchased contact Creed USA directly. I'd bet my last dollar they will take care of you. Lax quality control is not acceptable--especially from the house of Creed.

Martin
    Where did you pick up that new batch? And do you personally think it's very close to the first batch released?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY View Post
    I have the same batch code. Bought it at the NYC boutique the week it came out ... And it's amazing. Excellent longevity and silage. I can smell this stuff 24+ hours.
    I too have C4210E01. Very strong, LOTS of pineapple. Longevity is good, smells very nice. Im happy with it. Bought it at Neiman Marcus back in August I think.

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    Yep, my ashy top is completely gone after a few months. I've tested this theory multiple times, including on people who've never smelled Aventus before having them describe it.

What I'd prefer though, is you guys not believe me and trade me your 'bad' batch numbers.
    So you contend that the juice needs to ripen?

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    So you contend that the juice needs to ripen?
    Adonis, I hope this is the case no matter how unlikely as I'm one of the unsatisfied customers.

Adonis, I hope this is the case no matter how unlikely as I'm one of the unsatisfied customers.
    I have noticed a shift in smell in one of my batches (I have 3 decants - all different). Maybe you've got a Beaujolais Nouveau?

Quote Originally Posted by M.T. View Post
    Where did you pick up that new batch? And do you personally think it's very close to the first batch released?
    First, let me say that I have yet to open my flacon of C42B10J01 because I have been working down multiple samples of A42B10K03 that I like a lot. Hence, I cannot compare them. The samples came from the tester at Neiman Marcus Newport Beach, CA. The notable fruity opening and first few hours of A42B10K03 are very satisfying to me. It begins to fade from there. Tonight I stopped at Nordstroms South Coast Plaza. The 120ml tester was same A42B10K03 batch. They had stock on hand but no 250ml flacons. I have no idea if their bottle stock is of the same batch as the tester. Once I open the flacon I have on hand, I'll report back what differences, if any, I notice. I'd be real pleased if C42B10J01 is at least as good as A42B10K03.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I have noticed a shift in smell in one of my batches (I have 3 decants - all different). Maybe you've got a Beaujolais Nouveau?
    Beaujolais Nouveau? Is that one of the ingredients in Aventus? Google search turned up as some kind of red wine. What kind of shift did you get, worse or better?

I bought my A42B10K03 at Neimans in Natick MA. It was a 4oz. I wanted a flacon but they were out so I bought the 4oz. Like jazz says it has a huge blast of pineapple/bergamot opening that's almost like sweet grapefruit at first. Fades with and into that weird rubbery note then that fades into creamy pineapple over the next few hours....depending on how close the sprays are. It's pretty satisfying and rediculously addictive! I have 200 fragrances and when I wear something else I miss Aventus! I have never gone from a meh ok fragrance to loving one like this!
    The other odd thing is you think you can't smell it anymore 6 hours later.... But then you wake up the next day like 18 hours after putting it on and somehow get a huge wiff of it still on!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    First, let me say that I have yet to open my flacon of C42B10J01 because I have been working down multiple samples of A42B10K03 that I like a lot. Hence, I cannot compare them. The samples came from the tester at Neiman Marcus Newport Beach, CA. The notable fruity opening and first few hours of A42B10K03 are very satisfying to me. It begins to fade from there. Tonight I stopped at Nordstroms South Coast Plaza. The 120ml tester was same A42B10K03 batch. They had stock on hand but no 250ml flacons. I have no idea if their bottle stock is of the same batch as the tester. Once I open the flacon I have on hand, I'll report back what differences, if any, I notice. I'd be real pleased if C42B10J01 is at least as good as A42B10K03.

Martin
    Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    I bought my A42B10K03 at Neimans in Natick MA. It was a 4oz. I wanted a flacon but they were out so I bought the 4oz. Like jazz says it has a huge blast of pineapple/bergamot opening that's almost like sweet grapefruit at first. Fades with and into that weird rubbery note then that fades into creamy pineapple over the next few hours....depending on how close the sprays are. It's pretty satisfying and rediculously addictive! I have 200 fragrances and when I wear something else I miss Aventus! I have never gone from a meh ok fragrance to loving one like this!
    The other odd thing is you think you can't smell it anymore 6 hours later.... But then you wake up the next day like 18 hours after putting it on and somehow get a huge wiff of it still on!
    Thanks guys. Looks like A42B10K03 is the flacon I'm after then.

I just opened my flacon of C42B10J01 Creed Aventus and applied some. I am very satisfied with it so far. The fruity opening is definitely there and not missing like it was in A42B10J02. The fruity/ pineapple is more prominent in batch A42B10K03, however. That is all I can say for now.

Martin