Code of Conduct
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,320 of 2003

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

I was never very worried till i got sample which was very very smokey and lacked the pineapple/apple blast everyone was talking about. I'm hoping the 2012 batches are what I'm after.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

I own a decant of C42B11X02 and a 4oz bottle of S42B12A01 and to be quite honest, the only difference between the two to me is that the 2011 batch is a tad bit stronger as far as projection. Both smell identical and the 2012 batch still brought on just as many compliments as the 2011 does. I wouldn't take this whole batch thing too literally. I just can't speak for the 2010 batches which are rumored to be the more smokey ones. If you get a 2011 or 2012 bottle, you will be happy.
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Thanks a lot, because at one stage I was almost repulsed by Aventus simply because of all the batch talk and how many different variations there were.

Got the same one. No problems. Nice Pineapple at the initial spray.
    Quote Originally Posted by sillage monster View Post
    My bottle's A42B11Y02 and I love it. Very strong Pineapple in this one. I'd love to try the legendary X02 but I've heard my batch is one of the better ones (lucky, too, this batch was all my store had).

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    The lack of being able to smell it isn't a batch variation thing, it's just an Aventus thing. I've had a few different batches via samples and they have all done this. You wear it for an hour and it's awesome, but then it gets sort of hidden by your olfactory senses and comes up every once and a while unless you smell your shirt or something.
    100% agree, Aventus is like the "Harry Houdini" of fragrance. It pulls a dissappearing act to the wearer, but everyone else can easily smell it on you. It's quite an amazing scent, definitely one of the best in Creed's arsenal...I've gotten so many compliments on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colognejunkie2000 View Post
    I own a decant of C42B11X02 and a 4oz bottle of S42B12A01 and to be quite honest, the only difference between the two to me is that the 2011 batch is a tad bit stronger as far as projection. Both smell identical and the 2012 batch still brought on just as many compliments as the 2011 does. I wouldn't take this whole batch thing too literally. I just can't speak for the 2010 batches which are rumored to be the more smokey ones. If you get a 2011 or 2012 bottle, you will be happy.
    There 2010 batches weren't just smoky, they actually smelt rubbery to me. Smokiness is nice (if it's blended well), but I can't justify a rubber-like scent, no matter who makes it. The batch I have in mind was the dreaded 10K0? that got raved about in this thread multiple times before.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by awilson529 View Post
    That's my experience. I've had a 4oz bottle of Z01 for about a month, month and a half. Psychoskip, 1280Adam and myself just split a 500ml flacon of the same batch this week. The Z01 that I've had for a while has quite a bit of air in the bottle from use. Comparing the 2, same batch, mind you, the one I've had longer does indeed have better longevity and projection.

I get so many compliments on the Z01 batch (both the one I've had for a month and the 1 week old split) that it amazes me. And I'm not one to search out compliments. I just wear what I like so that I can enjoy it.
    is it like wine? does the bottle must breathe? my brand new bottle Z01 is still very weak

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Just buy a bottle then. All of this stems from a couple of sub-par batches from 2010.
    2012 batches are great.
    This is what I think too.

I could be wrong, but I suspect Creed was totally unprepared for the early success they saw with Aventus. Rather than sell out and have it be unavailable (which would have been the better move IMHO), they did whatever they had to in order to keep up with demand, which may have included sourcing lesser ingredients or speeding up the blending process. Again, that's just my opinion, but it sure would explain why they aren't having wild batch variations now that they have a better handle on how much they need to make in order to keep up with demand.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    There 2010 batches weren't just smoky, they actually smelt rubbery to me. Smokiness is nice (if it's blended well), but I can't justify a rubber-like scent, no matter who makes it. The batch I have in mind was the dreaded 10K0? that got raved about in this thread multiple times before.
    Interesting! I started with a sample of the A42B10K04 batch. I bought a 4oz bottle of S42B12A01. By comparison, the A42B10K04 batch was a darker smoke. I didn't detect anything rubbery, but I wouldn't be surprised if you and I are describing the same thing in different ways.

I really do agree that Aventus is safe to buy now. Early 2010 batches of the good stuff are long gone, and late 2010 batches of lesser stuff are long gone too. Aventus seems to have been consistent through 2011 and 2012.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Post Thanks / Like

You kow what im thinking? Basenotes or another Website should let you put the individual batch numbered Aventus into a separate acting fragrance and we can check out everyones ratings on them and derive from there which batch WE would want to get...leather heavy....pineapple heavy.....more longevity and so on.

C42B12C01, pineapple is moderate, long lasting pineapple, very little smoke
    10+hours
    good batch

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If I were a fragrance company, and I created a wildly popular fragrance, I would NOT allow individual batches to differ...When I go to McDonald's I expect one Big Mac to taste like Every other Big Mac I ever ate...that is the wonder of Brand Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by THEREALJWIL View Post
    You kow what im thinking? Basenotes or another Website should let you put the individual batch numbered Aventus into a separate acting fragrance and we can check out everyones ratings on them and derive from there which batch WE would want to get...leather heavy....pineapple heavy.....more longevity and so on.
    Personal opinions vary so differently that this would be almost impossible. Some people report poor longevity and projection with the same exact batch as another person who says they get 12+ hours longevity and superb projection.
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adam4949 View Post
    I have a split of the famous X02 batch (its beautiful). I also have a batch of Z01 coming to me in the mail. I'll post a comparison of the two sometime soon.
    The difference will be very minuscule side by side.

I did it when I got a hold of both batches, haha.

Both are great, fresh, pineapple heavy scents, but the X02 lasts a tad longer.

Having some problems with my fragnet A42B11S01 batch.

When I first got it a year ago, it contained the beautiful fresh pineapple opening. Now all it smells of is smoke and wood, no trace of pineapple. Did my bottle just turn bad?

Quote Originally Posted by oban View Post

When I first got it a year ago, it contained the beautiful fresh pineapple opening. Now all it smells of is smoke and wood, no trace of pineapple. Did my bottle just turn bad?
    How did you store it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oban View Post

How did you store it?
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Quote Originally Posted by colognejunkie2000 View Post
    How did you store it?

- - - Updated - - -

How did you store it?
    Always in room temp out of any light but I did take it with me when I did travel in the summer.
    Last edited by oban; 9th November 2012 at 03:15 AM.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

hey, do you even think its like wine? the scent must breathe in the bottle? my split gets from day to day smokier like the tester in the store. the first sprays of my slit was only apple and sweet pineapple. it ripes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by billi881 View Post
    hey, do you even think its like wine? the scent must breathe in the bottle? my split gets from day to day smokier like the tester in the store. the first sprays of my slit was only apple and sweet pineapple. it ripes.
    I must say I never believed this with other scents by Creed like GIT, but I can see that my Aventus is getting smokier too. I have the Y01 (or is it 02?) batch and it's almost a year old (got it on the 2nd Jan). 4oz/120ml bottle and about 40% is used up. Stored in a fairly cool cupboard away from humidity and moisture. Definitely more smokier than it used to be...

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

like my mugler cologne bottle ... first 10% only light and green fresh. the rest 90% a wonderful sweet green fragrance.

- - - Updated - - -

so, get no chance to find a x02 batch, only 2012 batches. is it really really a big different to my z01 batch??. my best perfume sales assistent told me that they are all the same, and he tested every bottle since 2010. i am really confused of all this postings.

- - - Updated - - -

today i tested the newer 2012 E01 and this is the same juice as my Z01!!

Default Aventus batch c42b11x02

Anyone know if this batch is still available anywhere out there?
    Back in March I purchased 120ml in a split held by a mutual friend on Facebook, I got it for a ridiculously good price ($140). I fell in love, and it soon became my signature scent. People now know me for this smell, and I'm the only person in my town who wears this.
    What's the problem? I only have 20ml left

Are there any batches that smell the same?

Default Re: Aventus batch c42b11x02

Honestly, the hype went way too far with the X02 batch. I'm pretty sure I got one as a sample from fragrancenet a few months ago when people were talking about them selling those samples (though I didn't know it at the time). I used it up, and I couldn't really notice a difference between that and the Z01 batch.

In short, I wouldn't go searching for another X02 batch, nor would I worry too much about the batch. Right now, Z01 is plentiful and popular.

Yes, I've heard it's quite similar to the Z01 batch, which I have and love (not overly smokey & strong on the pineapple), so you could also look for that. I'm pretty sure, however, that most of what's being sold (bottles & splits) right now is the 2012 batches. You may have to look for second-hand sales of those batches to get them at this point.

I echo whats been said. The x02 batch was note worthy because it was the first pineapple heavy batch after the the "bad" smokey batches of 2010/early 2011 (which many speculate were "bad" because Creed rushed production to meet the unexpected demand). From X02 on, it seems Aventus has become more consistently pineapple/fruit heavy. Batch variations still exist like with all Creeds but now its like the other Creeds where the variations really don't matter unless you OCD about them.

I'll have to ask my contact what he's got. I carry an atomiser whenever I wear Aventus on a night out.
    I know many feel that it's overrated, but I love to have a few universally appealing scents in my collection... especially niche.
    Next purchase for me is Invasion Barbare!

I think I'd personally go crazy if I paid attention to batch numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

The x02 batch is the same as the z01 batch....which are both as good as you will get with Aventus.

I could repeat this until i pass out- They only reason everyone talks about how great the x02 batch is....because that is the batch that about 50 flacons of were split several months ago(I split at least 15 myself). That was the first batch available when Creed started keeping 500ml flacons in stock. Before that the 500ml flacons were hard to come by- so splits were harder to do.
    So, ergo, a lot of people...50x10 at least have a decant of that batch. So they all say how great it is and its the best ever, and they may have not ever smelled Aventus before.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Post Thanks / Like

The x02 batch is the same as the z01 batch....which are both as good as you will get with Aventus.

I could repeat this until i pass out- They only reason everyone talks about how great the x02 batch is....because that is the batch that about 50 flacons of were split several months ago(I split at least 15 myself). That was the first batch available when Creed started keeping 500ml flacons in stock. Before that the 500ml flacons were hard to come by- so splits were harder to do.
    So, ergo, a lot of people...50x10 at least have a decant of that batch. So they all say how great it is and its the best ever, and they may have not ever smelled Aventus before.
    The god of Aventus has spoken

Thanks, Jon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post
    The god of Aventus has spoken

Thanks, Jon.
    Daniel has bought up all of the X02 left in existence.

The x02 batch is the same as the z01 batch....
    X02 and Z01 are not the same. Both are good, but X02 still stands out.
    I own flacons of both. The only reason that different lots stand out to me is because of the release of those "ashy" 2010 bottles.
    After that everyone, including myself started to look way too much into the lot thing.
    Overall they been good after 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Suux88 View Post
    C42B12C01, pineapple is moderate, long lasting pineapple, very little smoke
    10+hours
    good batch
    Agreed.... I would definitely say that it is well balanced, yet still more fruity than smoky. The little smokiness and musk in it is amazing to me actually (I'm probably the first to say that I know). Sillage is also very good. As I move, I am able to get whiffs of it throughout the entire day...I have only garnered one compliment (from a female I'm dating, who loves it!) so I am not sure how well others can smell it or if they just don't compliment.

Either way this fragrance will have a permanent spot in my collection!

Default Re: Best batch of aventus?

I have smelled Aventus at NM several times. I recently tested it at NM. Longevity was really really good. 12+ hours. I don't know the batch. I have always thought it smelled good but didn't really like it. I just received a bottle of C42B11Z01. This doesn't have the longevity of the other batches I have tried BUT this batch is the best batch I have ever smelled.

I went from wondering what all this hype is about Aventus (keep in mind I am a HUGE Creed fanboy) to I get it. I think this batch has much more pineapple than the other batches I have smelled. It has some woods but not as much as the other batches. I like woody frags but I think Aventus is better less woody and more pineapple.

On me the Z01 batch lasts 10+ hours, and that's from a sample so the sprayer isn't as good as the notorious Creed spritz.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had several batches of Aventus through the 2011 and 12 batches and with the exception of the C42B11Z01 which IS very pineapple heavy, I've found all the others to be relatively similar. The concern I have is that people will assume the pineapple batch to be the 'norm' and then become disappointed with every subsequent batch. The pineapple heavy isnt the norm in my experience.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well, i went to a store and tested a 12A01 and i smell the same as my 11Z01. longevity the same.

- - - Updated - - -

tested my z01 on my fathers greasy/oily skin and it smells totally not pineapple like on me. on him it lasts longer.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Aventus batch numbers

Thats what iam talking about. I think i tested now 6 Different batches, from 2011 to 2012, my bottle is 11Z01 and for my taste , they are all very similar. For ME , this thread has finished.

Creed uses a lot of natural ingredients (ex. fruits and roots). As those natural ingredients get older, they start to get stronger (fermentation). That is why Creed has quality control issues. Natural or organic substances vary from harvest to harvest. You can grow a fruit in a certain region, and depending on the amount of sun and water received (not to mention temperature) the next harvest of fruit may taste different (more or less sweeter). Hope this info helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Creed uses a lot of natural ingredients (ex. fruits and roots). As those natural ingredients get older, they start to get stronger (fermentation). That is why Creed has quality control issues. Natural or organic substances vary from harvest to harvest. You can grow a fruit in a certain region, and depending on the amount of sun and water received (not to mention temperature) the next harvest of fruit may taste different (more or less sweeter). Hope this info helps.
    Makes me picture Erwin standing over a big cauldron stirring in the ingredients in a huge vat labeled "Aventus" standing next to Thierry Mugler aging Pure Malt in his oak casks.

I might be 100% wrong, but Ive read a few articles stating that Creeds and other Niche fragrances aging over time and letting them ferment is just total B.S.
    Last edited by 1280adam; 22nd November 2012 at 01:48 AM.

You're right about one thing....being 100% wrong. The fermenting starts and last once the frag is bottled and sitting in your home, trailer, cardboard box... whatever. Ask yourself why do these designer frags go bad much sooner than a lot of niche. Something called quality bro. And by the way, Thierry Mugler is not a niche. I agree with you on that aging in the factory nonsense. You may have misunderstood me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Make me picture Erwin standing over a big cauldron stirring in the ingredients in a huge vat labeled "Aventus" standing next to Thierry Mugler aging Pure Malt in his oak casks.

I might be 100% wrong, but Ive read a few articles stating that Creeds and other Niche fragrances aging over time and letting them ferment is just total B.S.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol I can't believe this thread is still going.. I have three bottles of Aventus, the famous X02 batch Y01 and N01. They all smell exactly the same, but the X02 batch doesn't last long it seems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    You're right about one thing....being 100% wrong. The fermenting starts and last once the frag is bottled and sitting in your home, trailer, cardboard box... whatever. Ask yourself why do these designer frags go bad much sooner than a lot of niche. Something called quality bro. And by the way, Thierry Mugler is not a niche.
    You're being pretty harsh towards someone making a light hearted comment, I'm not sure what that's about.

Further, who says designer frags go bad faster than niche? Most fragrances can last many years if stored properly, it has nothing to do with "designer" or "niche" and everything to do with light, heat, and types of notes. Certain notes (e.g. fresh, citrus, top notes) are more prone to damage than others.

Many very old vintage designer frags still smell awesome. Many brand new niche (and designer) frags do not.

I could accept your comments if you were being funny. Unfortunately you weren't funny at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The OFFICIAL Aventus thread (at last)

Here you go guys, from now on you can post all your Is it over-hyped?/What makes it such a compliment-getter?/I love this stuff more than lifeitself/ Batch numbers here.

Default Re: The OFFICIAL Aventus thread (at last)

Aventus is gross and nauseating to wear. Smells good at first because its like a fresh juicy pineapple but makes my stomach turn because it stays to strong and linear.

My .02 cents.

good idea.
    I am

A nice scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we really need another Aventus thread? Some have been constantly bumped to the top here for the last two years at least!!

My 2 120 ml bottle all 2012 batch
    S42B12D01B strong on smokiness
    A42B12C02 strong on pinapple
    Great longevity x all 2
    Last edited by ducaticorse; 3rd December 2012 at 01:28 PM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

How about we rename thread title to: The OFFICIALLY TIRED Aventus Thread ?

My Fav scent
    Last edited by ducaticorse; 3rd December 2012 at 01:28 PM.
    My Top 3 Scent
    1 Aventus
    2 Dior homme intense (Vintage)
    3 L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme L'Eau Extrême

I sampled it, thought it was boring, it gave my gf a migraine. End of story.

Post Thanks / Like

Boring. Next please...

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet *another* thread about this over-hyped generic mediocre brew... Yawn... Oh yeah, I guess I just became part of the problem. ;-) Seriously though, this one is not even close to worthy, IMO. I definitely like Diamondflame's proposed thread name better.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Do we really need another Aventus thread? Some have been constantly bumped to the top here for the last two years at least!!
    Bump.

Post Thanks / Like

I have it and like it, but it is unspectacular and not worth the hype or the money imho
    Current Top 10:

Dior Homme
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Rive Gauche
    Fahrenheit
    New Haarlem
    Jubilation XXV
    Neroli Portofino
    Virgin Island Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Straight to Heaven

Smile Re: Aventus batch numbers

Quote Originally Posted by soccerhero View Post
    The last two flacons I ordered from Creed for my splits were C42B11Z01, and it smells absolutely fantastic. All good reviews from the splitters for this batch (the ones who contacted me afterwards and told me, anyway).

Jeff
    Christmas Came early! A42B11Z01 plenty in circulation
    Attached Images Attached Images

I own it and I absolutely love it. I spray it on yesterday at about 10am and I am still gettin whiffs of it on my skin, if I put my nose to my arm it is unmistakable.

Everyone who has smelled it on me has loved it, and that's without asking.

I personally love it and think it's a very well done fragrance. I get a little something different out of it almost every time I wear it. On my skin, it evolves slowly and beautifully, from the fresh pineapple, apple opening, to the hint of rose and birch in the middle, and finally the musk and vanilla in the drydown...all blended together so beautifully. In short, it smells great, lasts forever, my wife loves it on me....what's not to like. Plus, I don't really get all the complaints about price. I mean, yes, if you buy it at retail....but in a split it's just over a $1/ml. I'd say that's pretty reasonable for a quality frag like this. Anyway, just my 2 cents....

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Excellent fragrance which garners a lot of compliments.

Guerlainista
    Post Thanks / Like

The big problem I have with Aventus threads is that they are linear and I find them boring and uninspired. The batch variation and panty-dropper notes are played out and fall flat, and even the dynamism and conflict in the once-exciting fake history accord just seems shrill and pointlessly discordant. Unfortunately, longevity is excellent and projection is massive, pushing all other threads out to the margins.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The other Aventus thread, has 18 pages talking about just Batch numbers, I means seriously?

The clue was in the title no?