Code of Conduct
Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,380 of 2560

Default Re: The OFFICIAL Aventus thread (at last)

The funny thing is as a new member that frags like LIDGE/DHI seems to have a lot more threads consistently than Aventus but the hype seems so bombastic on Aventus that it feels like Aventus is dominating the board. My guess is that it was worse in 2010/11 than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    The big problem I have with Aventus threads is that they are linear and I find them boring and uninspired. The batch variation and panty-dropper notes are played out and fall flat, and even the dynamism and conflict in the once-exciting fake history accord just seems shrill and pointlessly discordant. Unfortunately, longevity is excellent and projection is massive, pushing all other threads out to the margins.
    Bravo!

It's pretty simple. Some people love it, and some people love to hate it. I find those who post saying they dislike it in such a flamboyant fashion to basically be people who really need attention and to stir things up. I love the scent, but I, unlike some other lovers, understand why others don't like it. It was the first scent I really identified with, and that was not based on hype, but smell.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    I find those who post saying they dislike it in such a flamboyant fashion to basically be people who really need attention and to stir things up.
    Everytime someone says they hate Aventus they get jumped on and I see comments like this. It's like going against the internet hivemind for having a different opinion.

Aventus smells good, but is gross for me to wear because I dont want to smell like a over-ripe pineapple covered in ash for 12 hours. I'd rather see people post opinions like that for reason WHY they dont like it then to just say "i dont like it".

Quote Originally Posted by jeightseven View Post
    Everytime someone says they hate Aventus they get jumped on and I see comments like this. It's like going against the internet hivemind for having a different opinion.

Aventus smells good, but is gross for me to wear because I dont want to smell like a over-ripe pineapple covered in ash for 12 hours. I'd rather see people post opinions like that for reason WHY they dont like it then to just say "i dont like it".
    Every time someone tries to speak their opinion about a true event they see a comment like this. I don't care if you dislike it, that's fine. Everyone's tastes are different. What I don't like are people who obviously come into a thread and try and cause problems by being overly against it when everyone else is just trying to have a discussion with common interests. I'm not saying you, I'm not saying anyone in this thread, I'm simply saying it happens every time and I wish people would just chill out about it.

I like it, you dislike it, fine. I just don't personally want to see posts, for example, like "Lol, Aventus sucks. You might as well roll a pineapple in an ashtray and rub it on your skin. Anyone who wears this clearly has no taste." I don't come on the web and talk about my passions to be insulted.

Just because you call it official doesn't make it so
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Default Re: Best batch of aventus?

Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post
    A42B11Z01 is the best batch. It has the sweetest pineapple with less smoke, and it last very well.... as someone previously mentioned above.
    A42B11Z01... I concur. I smelt this a few weeks ago and put a little time into getting hold of some which arrived this week.
    X02 is very good and with no more stocks those who have half a bottle don't want to spray it away and what is the point of that? Z01 smells great right now and has done for the past 9 hours.

Default Re: Aventus batch c42b11x02

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Honestly, the hype went way too far with the X02 batch. I'm pretty sure I got one as a sample from fragrancenet a few months ago when people were talking about them selling those samples (though I didn't know it at the time). I used it up, and I couldn't really notice a difference between that and the Z01 batch.

In short, I wouldn't go searching for another X02 batch, nor would I worry too much about the batch. Right now, Z01 is plentiful and popular.
    Agreed, Z01 is very good. I've been missing out with the previous ones I've owned weren't a patch on this

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    Just because you call it official doesn't make it so
    Quite. This recent trend of non-staffers creating superfluous "official" threads where there are already existing huge threads is curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
    Quite. This recent trend of non-staffers creating superfluous "official" threads where there are already existing huge threads is curious.
    At least we have swift, brutal and efficient moderators, to merge and move them quickly before they multiply!

Thank you, moderators ^_^
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Default Re: Creed Aventus - All Hype?

This thread was pretty strong at first but I stopped being able to notice it after a while even though others commented on it hours later. I think it might be Aventus-threadery fatigue.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Default Re: Aventus batch c42b11x02

I have X02 and Z01 so I'm good to go for a while. Both are fantastic and smell similar.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Default Re: Aventus owners

Just received A42b12E01 from the boutique. It's an excellent combination of pineapple and woods. The sillage and longevity are quite impressive with this one...highly recommended.

Default Re: Creed Aventus - All Hype?

Quote Originally Posted by pearhunter7 View Post
    Why does Creed Adventus get so much attention? I bought a bottle hoping it lived up too all the hype. I was a bit disappointed. What is the silage on this cologne? I am only getting 1 hour...lol

BATCH NUMBER: A428B11701
    Because it's Creed and expensive. There's your hype. I can afford it, yes. Will I? No!

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

I just received a 4oz from fragrancenet ( that I bought from their ebay store) and it's batch A42b12c02 or c02 , but in comparison to a sample I bought from the same place about a month ago, this juice seems to be more fruity than smokey and it does not last as long as the sample I had. What do you guys think about this batch? anyone else here has it?

S42B12A01 - Bought At Neimann Marcus PERFECT.
    S42B12001B - Bought at Neimann Marcus OK - Not as strong or long lasting, but smelled decent

What are people's experiences with batch A42B12A01 (or S42B12A01 or C42B12A01)? Does it seem as fruity as the Z01 or X02 batches? Are longevity and projection pretty good?

what must one go through to buy a frag, and not a cheap one at that.
    Last edited by Zgb; 27th November 2012 at 09:08 AM.

I own X02 and Z01 and both are fantastic. I've also sampled Y01 from Neiman Marcus a couple months ago and it was also very similar. It lasted all day and projected very strongly. Perhaps everything from X02 onward really is equally fantastic.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I don't think you're doing yourself any favours by hyping it as some kind of miracle batch, The 2012 E01 is easily as good by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    I don't think you're doing yourself any favours by hyping it as some kind of miracle batch, The 2012 E01 is easily as good by comparison.
    Kron,

I just purchased the E01 batch, it smells great !

E01 is a good batch indeed, as is Z01

Quote Originally Posted by smellsliketeenspirit View Post
    E01 is a good batch indeed, as is Z01
    My A01 is stellar

Quote Originally Posted by billi881 View Post
    tested E01 in the store and lasted long and very smoky in the drydown
    Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Kron, would you say the E01 batch leans on the smoky side compared to X02, Z01, or the 2012 A01 or C02?

Do the 2012 batches small largely the same, or are certain batches better than others?

I have an old batch (number unknown fr bottle that was broken and decanted into an atomiser ) and a split from kron and the two smell different. The kron one is a lot more fruity and smells a lot nicer to me but bizzarley I get far more compliments on the decanted older . Ashy smelling one. This whole batch thing makes my head hurt

Quote Originally Posted by loki8 View Post
    Kron, would you say the E01 batch leans on the smoky side compared to X02, Z01, or the 2012 A01 or C02?

Do the 2012 batches small largely the same, or are certain batches better than others?
    The E01 is very balanced, And has the very obvious juicy pineapple note akin to the late 2011's. The earlier batches from 2012 (A01,C01) are a little more masculine/smokey which tends to drift in and out of the Pineapple top note.

The only batch which I would tell people to avoid is K04 from 2010 as its heavy birch tar/smokeyness just kills the fruity sweet side of it completely.

I have read a lot about the 2012 C01 batch, but does anyone have any direct experiences with the C02 batch? Just arrived from FragranceNet but the damn olfactory fatigue with Aventus prevents me from passing good judgement on whether it is a suitable backup bottle of my 2011 S01 (I'm already almost out of my 4oz bottle ugh). Thoughts on C02 longevity/fruitiness and smokiness/compliment factor? It seems to smell smokier than my S01 batch, but if I remember correctly my S01 batch was much smokier when I first started using it than it is now.

Could any1 do a comparison of 2012 D01 batch with previous batches? Seems like D01 isn't that common.

Default Re: Which Creed Aventus lots are the best, so-so, and which ones are the worst?

wow. And your batch is more on the smoke side or pineapple side?

Default Re: Which Creed Aventus lots are the best, so-so, and which ones are the worst?

Moderators, can this thread be merged with the Aventus batch numbers thread?

Don't mind me asking, I have the C42B11Z01 batch, and I read so many posts about how that one is the pineapple heavy one. I must admit I blind bought this and was sucked in by the crazy hype.

First off, I don't smell any pineapple at all, and I know what pineapple smells like it's one of my favourite fruits to eat. I also don't get any sweetness, instead the opening is quite underwhelming. I don't know what I'm smelling I can't put any words to it. It's only slightly smoky in the middle. It's still a pleasant scent though, but nowhere as mind blowing as what many have said it to be. It's probably not my skin chemistry because it smells the same on paper.

Is it my nose? Or is this a harsh lesson on never to blind buy again. I highly doubt I have different tastes from so many people out there.

I kinda felt the same way initially with the Z01 batch believe it or not, trust me you'll learn to absolutely adore it.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Liking how it smells is one thing, but my problem is it doesn't smell anything close to what the notes say, or what other people say, or what I expected it to smell like. I really really wanted to like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dudelove View Post
    [...] I have the C42B11Z01 batch, and I read so many posts about how that one is the pineapple heavy one. I must admit I blind bought this and was sucked in by the crazy hype.
    I did the exact same thing: I blind bought Z01 because of the hype. Honestly it was worth every penny regardless of what happens. Either
    1) I wear it a bunch and it does not get positive responses, in which case it's the biggest joke on all of basenotes. So it's worth it purely for the laughs, not to mention I can just resell it, or
    2) It lives up to the hype and causes me to be more successful in every area of life. Win-win. Win.

Blog Entries

Didn't you guys get the memo? Aventus threads about lot numbers are not allowed on Basenotes anymore. You must post them on WhyIamobsessedwithAventuslot#swhenCreeddoesntcaree noughtomakethemsmellalike.com

I've come to the conclusion that most of these threads are marketing scams.

Guerlainista

It certainly seems that way. It's essentially internet forum spam. More like "alternative media marketing" than a scam though, to be fair.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

C'mon mods, stop this Creed SPAM!

Oh sweet mother of God is this thread still alive? Never in the history of so little has so much been written about something so futile.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Wonder what batch number my Lolita Lempicka is...
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Just got mine off amazon. Batch S42B12C01. A lot of pineapple and lasts a good 12-24 hours on my clothes.

This thread is now confusing. The mods merged that other thread talking generally about Aventus into the batch numbers thread, making it....you know, not only about batch numbers.

Anyway, my Z01 has been going strong. There is some smokiness, but I like that. The pineapple is getting more pronounced for me as I get used to it.

Just bought a bottle of aventus on amazon through fragracenet. box says C02, but I havent sprayed it yet... heres why:

I opened it up and there are papers folded inside written in what appears to be arabic (no alternate languages included at all). I check the bottom of the bottle for the batch # and it has a sticker in arabic, with no batch #... the black sticker wrapped around the bottom half of the bottle is also poorly stuck to the glass, wrinkled, and peeling off the back... There is no english literature anywhere in the packaging.

Did I get a bad one from FragranceNet???

EDIT: I have it, figured I may as well spray.... wow, this smells great. If this is fake, I cant imagine what the real stuff smells like.
    Last edited by warrior504th; 4th December 2012 at 11:39 PM.

The irony to this thread is that the people who want it to go away respond to it
    Thus forcing it back to the top. I find it interesting...so back to the top it goes.

My bottle's black wrapping is peeling off too. My bottle has its batch number on the back of the bottle and the batch number on the box. Everything is in English in mine except for translations. You probably got one destined for the Arabic market but its weird they would print everything in Arabic since it is translated in the normal version anyways. Look on the back of your bottle near the bottom. That is where the batch numbers are for the new batches.

Quote Originally Posted by warrior504th View Post
    Just bought a bottle of aventus on amazon through fragracenet. box says C02, but I havent sprayed it yet... heres why:

I opened it up and there are papers folded inside written in what appears to be arabic (no alternate languages included at all). I check the bottom of the bottle for the batch # and it has a sticker in arabic, with no batch #... the black sticker wrapped around the bottom half of the bottle is also poorly stuck to the glass, wrinkled, and peeling off the back... There is no english literature anywhere in the packaging.

Did I get a bad one from FragranceNet???

EDIT: I have it, figured I may as well spray.... wow, this smells great. If this is fake, I cant imagine what the real stuff smells like.

I thought batch variation was a myth...
    I have tried three different lots, and have only liked one. I cannot even remember which one it was. Suffice it to say it is not the split I own, but a carded sample. I am frustrated because I would actually buy a full bottle if I knew it was the one I like, but I do not think any fragrance is worth the trouble of tracking it down. Is this what vintage hunters feel like? A shame there is this much inconsistency in such a renowned house.

Basenotes Member

*Edit* found my answer.

I suggest amazon. It is about 185 dollars for the 4 ounce bottle. Thats cheaper than fragrancenet even with their 20% promo. amazon has 2012 batch s42b12c01. just got mine a week ago.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by RCAL View Post
    I suggest amazon. It is about 185 dollars for the 4 ounce bottle. Thats cheaper than fragrancenet even with their 20% promo. amazon has 2012 batch s42b12c01. just got mine a week ago.
    Awesome! Thanks for the info.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you like that batch by the way? I see a few people have said that the longevity isn't as good as the 2011 batches.

Lets put it this way.. I don't smell it after 20 minutes on myself but if I spray it on a piece of clothing and don't subject my nose to it. I can come back to that piece of clothing 12 hours later and still smell it. It seems aventus causes nose fatigue really quickly. Also, if I take the cap off my bottle I can instantly smell pineapple from about a foot away. I wish I could smell it on myself for longer. One thing that I am upset with is that the bottle I got has the black wrapping peeling off and the cap is discolored, but it was almost half price.

Lets put it this way.. I don't smell it after 20 minutes on myself but if I spray it on a piece of clothing and don't subject my nose to it. I can come back to that piece of clothing 12 hours later and still smell it. It seems aventus causes nose fatigue really quickly. Also, if I take the cap off my bottle I can instantly smell pineapple from about a foot away. I wish I could smell it on myself for longer. One thing that I am upset with is that the bottle I got has the black wrapping peeling off and the cap is discolored, but it was almost half price.
    Okay now that is what I want. Pineapple goodness.

The female compliments i get when wearing Aventus never cease to amaze me. Right up there with Reflection Man!

Basenotes Member

Nice! Thanks for the info man. Just curious, does Fragrancenet fulfill Amazon orders?

I'll be surprised when I get my first.. I have only worn it for 2 days and I havn't been out much do to finals for school. I rarely get compliments with any fragrance though so I won't be surprised if I get none lol

Default Creed Aventus - 2012 Apple Heavy batch?

Hey there,

Back in the summer of 2012, I obtained a sample of Aventus from Neiman Marcus in California. It was the best scent I've ever experienced, and I regret not buying it out of the store that day. I'm assuming it was a recent tester bottle. The scent was particularly apple heavy, and I enjoyed it very much. Months later, I decided to buy a 30 mL decant and ended up with a pineapple/smokey heavy batch (I think it's the X02 batch?), and I do not like it very much.

I did some digging, and I found out that the 2012 "apple" batch is the C42B12A01 lot. Can anyone confirm this? If so, does anyone know where I could get my hands on a bottle besides buying it straight out of a store or website? Thanks!

Default Re: Creed Aventus - 2012 Apple Heavy batch?

Best bet is buying it straight out of a store.

Default Re: Creed Aventus - 2012 Apple Heavy batch?

Its going to be hard to find a particular batch. To be honest with you, I got a sample from Neiman Marcus in California too in about May and I noticed it was much different than the one I got from amazon. Mine from amazon has much more pineapple. The in store one was very very light and I thought it wasn't worth the money. I like the one I ended up with. If you want a particular batch number and its a new one.... retail is probably your best bet. At least that way if you dont like it you can just return it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suux88 View Post
    C42B12C01, pineapple is moderate, long lasting pineapple, very little smoke
    10+hours
    good batch
    Hi guys I have this lot number which I got today looking at the bottle the colour of the creed is now black and not silver. The smell is good but I see now the lot number and fragrance details are at the top of the bottle in the glass fake or real ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    The female compliments i get when wearing Aventus never cease to amaze me. Right up there with Reflection Man!
    Glad to see you like a fragrance better than Dior Homme intense...whew you had us worried there for a minute All joking aside Aventus is a huge compliment getter for sure, no BS here..

Hi guys,

I ordered a sample from myperfumesamples, and it's very smoky and ashy, almost no sweetness and pineapple. I asked for the batch number and it's A42B12C02.

I ordered another sample from ebay, just to check if my nose wasn't wrong, with batch nr FP42912E01, and OMG this one is amazing!! Nice sweetness, I clearly smell the pineapple, little bit off smokiness, and very good longevity. I can't get enough off this one.

So if you ask me:
    C02 > more smokey ashy like, not that sweet
    E01 > sweet pineapple with a little bit of smoke and great longevity