Code of Conduct
Page 23 of 204 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 123 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 690 of 6120
  1. #661
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    To kron and heperd: Thank you!

  2. #662

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I just bought a big bottle of Aventus yesterday at NM and I love it. I was concerned about possible batch issues so I didn't want to take a chance. Batch#: A42B11S01.The weird thing is this stuff smells so different depending where/what I'm smelling:

    The box: Yes, the box has a musky laundry detergent type smell somewhat like Narciso Rodriguez for Him EDP or Tommy Hilfiger T. I sometimes smell this wafting in the sillage, but not when I sniff my skin.

    The sprayer: When I remove the cap and sniff the sprayer, it's a very crisp fresh apple/bergamot/citrus smell.

    Sprayed on exposed skin of arm: dries down quickly to a piney/terpenic/patchouli/smoke/birch/ash smell-- very dry and almost green. A hint of Terre D'Hermes. I find this drydown very distinguished. I also find something of a mood that reminds me of Vetiver '48.

    Sprayed on chest under shirt(pulling shirt collar over nose to inhale): This is very fruity and heavy on pineapple. The vanilla is most noticeable here too. Smells very different than the spray on my arm. Under clothes it seems to remain sweeter and less dry.

    Random Sillage: I get notes of blackcurrant and rose that waft occasionally into my nose from the sillage, but I don't get these notes when I sniff the skin directly. I also get hints of the laundry musk note in the sillage.

    I'm not saying that it's impossible that there are some slight variances with different batches of Aventus, but this stuff is so temperamental just within the same bottle (in a good way! The notes are exposive and vivid) that I think it all may be a bit of an exaggeration. When I let it dry down on my arm-- it's ashy; when I wear it under my shirt on my chest-- it's pineapple. In fact I didn't really even smell much pineapple yesterday when I bought it-- but then today once I sprayed it under my shirt for the first time, it was a pineapple bomb.

    Weird. Very high priced, but that aside I'm thrilled with it.

  3. #663

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I just bought a big bottle of Aventus yesterday at NM and I love it. I was concerned about possible batch issues so I didn't want to take a chance. Batch#: A42B11S01.The weird thing is this stuff smells so different depending where/what I'm smelling:

    The box: Yes, the box has a musky laundry detergent type smell somewhat like Narciso Rodriguez for Him EDP or Tommy Hilfiger T. I sometimes smell this wafting in the sillage, but not when I sniff my skin.

    The sprayer: When I remove the cap and sniff the sprayer, it's a very crisp fresh apple/bergamot/citrus smell.

    Sprayed on exposed skin of arm: dries down quickly to a piney/terpenic/patchouli/smoke/birch/ash smell-- very dry and almost green. A hint of Terre D'Hermes. I find this drydown very distinguished. I also find something of a mood that reminds me of Vetiver '48.

    Sprayed on chest under shirt(pulling shirt collar over nose to inhale): This is very fruity and heavy on pineapple. The vanilla is most noticeable here too. Smells very different than the spray on my arm. Under clothes it seems to remain sweeter and less dry.

    Random Sillage: I get notes of blackcurrant and rose that waft occasionally into my nose from the sillage, but I don't get these notes when I sniff the skin directly. I also get hints of the laundry musk note in the sillage.

    I'm not saying that it's impossible that there are some slight variances with different batches of Aventus, but this stuff is so temperamental just within the same bottle (in a good way! The notes are exposive and vivid) that I think it all may be a bit of an exaggeration. When I let it dry down on my arm-- it's ashy; when I wear it under my shirt on my chest-- it's pineapple. In fact I didn't really even smell much pineapple yesterday when I bought it-- but then today once I sprayed it under my shirt for the first time, it was a pineapple bomb.

    Weird. Very high priced, but that aside I'm thrilled with it.
    Mine does the same thing. I have an almost identical batch. You described it perfect man. You stole the words right out of my mouth!!!

  4. #664

    Default Re: Aventus batch C42B11X02 Comparisons?

    My thoughts on this batch--- this batch, when first sprayed, is very strong and you can tell it's more concentrated than the other batches I have tried. Does it smell the same as the other batches? Yes and no. It takes longer for it to Drydown to the same smell as the other batches but it eventually gets there. They don't really smell differently just the X02 is stronger and projects better. 1 spray of this is equivalent to 2-3 sprays of the other batches I have tried. To me, that alone is good enough do I went ahead and purchased another 1.7 ounce to have as backup bc the batches I had prior seem watered down a little. This one, you can actually feel your neck(or wherever u spray it) heated a little bit. You can tell its mixing with your chemistry.

    I don't think they smell different. I think it smells stronger and lasts longer so grab some. Heperd and Kron have this bat h and both are great guys to buy from. Very trusted and just good people. Buy it up!

  5. #665
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    District of Columbia
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: Aventus batch C42B11X02 Comparisons?

    Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    I really am sick to death of Creed's inconsistent batches
    especially when the "inconsistencies" are completely in people's minds...

  6. #666

    Default Re: Aventus batch C42B11X02 Comparisons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    especially when the "inconsistencies" are completely in people's minds...
    This has some merit. I agree with him that the smell is the same, but due to some batches being more concentrated and stronger then I'm sure some people can pick up different notes than the more weaker batches. But the smell? To me they are the same. I just can smell the X02 batch better and don't get olfactory fatigue from it.

  7. #667
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    111,297

    Default Re: Aventus batch C42B11X02 Comparisons?

    Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    I really am sick to death of Creed's inconsistent batches
    Apparently that's part of Creed life!

  8. #668

    Default Re: Aventus owners

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash700 View Post
    Hi, I've literally just registered with BN and what better way to start my first ever post with one about Creed Aventus!

    Bought mine (end of Jan 2012) in the brand new John Lewis at the equally brand new Stratford shopping centre, (by the Olympic site) London. I was going to dip my toe in the water with 75ml bottle, but they didn't have any so went for the 120ml - it's better value anyway! The batch number is A42B11Y01 and it's smell is addictive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trouble is, I'm a bloke and wonder if it will have the same effect on women ;-)

    So, if anyone has this batch number IMO, you won't be disappointed.

    Regards to all...
    Thank you so much for letting me know that they sell it at John Lewis in Stratford. I'm going down there tomorrow with my partnership discount and grabbing a 75ml bottle as that's all they have left!

  9. #669
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Received my 120 ml bottle of Aventus in the mail today. I ordered it from creedboutique.com. My lot # is S42B11Y02. The bottle looks lovely!

  10. #670

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Nice batch ^^^ let us know how u like it

  11. #671

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Hey guys, I'm ready to take the Aventus plunge!
    What's the cheapest I will find the 120 ml for? I looked at FragranceX but it looks like they are out of stock.

  12. #672
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    District of Columbia
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    Hey guys, I'm ready to take the Aventus plunge!
    What's the cheapest I will find the 120 ml for? I looked at FragranceX but it looks like they are out of stock.
    try www.beautyencounter.com and www.fragrancenet.com

  13. #673

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    Nice! $250 at beauty encounter! THanks for that.
    Does anyone have experience shopping with them? Any coupons? Are they able to verify batch #s????

  14. #674
    Dependent Oupavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,366

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Well the batch I recently bought was S42B11S01. Very crisp and fresh. Its awesome imo.

  15. #675

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Well the batch I recently bought was S42B11S01. Very crisp and fresh. Its awesome imo.
    This is from beautyencounter?

  16. #676

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    That's the batch I have. Smell identical to all the other 2011 batches I have tried.

  17. #677

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    If you order from fragrancenet type in the code "basenotes" you'll get 15% discount

  18. #678

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by TimandT View Post
    If you order from fragrancenet type in the code "basenotes" you'll get 15% discount
    That's good, but it's $255 + 10% off for new members at beautyencounter so I think I might go with that
    Thanks for all the info!

  19. #679

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Grab it up! Lol

  20. #680
    Dependent Oupavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,366

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    This is from beautyencounter?
    No it wasn't.

  21. #681

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by paqfan View Post
    Received my 120 ml bottle of Aventus in the mail today. I ordered it from creedboutique.com. My lot # is S42B11Y02. The bottle looks lovely!

    Almost the same batch number as mine: A42B11Y02. Get a very strong, almost overpowering blast of pineapple on opening and that sublime long lasting dry down. Really happy with this batch.

  22. #682

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Is there a summary of all the batches (good and bad) that one would be able to refer to?
    I'm about to purchase tomorrow based on batch info.

  23. #683

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Honestly, just grab a 2011 batch. They're all great

  24. #684
    Dependent Oupavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,366

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by TimandT View Post
    Honestly, just grab a 2011 batch. They're all great
    this, as long as you dont get a 2010 your good to go imo
    Last edited by Oupavoc; 2nd March 2012 at 02:40 AM.

  25. #685
    zztopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    the Dirty South
    Posts
    6,650

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Damn, Aventus will be reaching its 2nd anniversary soon..
    -

  26. #686
    Dependent Oupavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,366

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Damn, Aventus will be reaching its 2nd anniversary soon..
    really? Yet its still hard to find online

  27. #687

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    K I'll make sure I get a 2011 batch.
    Two more questions ( sorry to be a newb but I I figure it's best to post here than start a new thread:

    1. I've heard of beauty encounter selling
    Shrink wrapped packages of Aventus which contain bottles with scratched out batch numbers. What is that about?

    2. Does anyone know the link to the site that provides information on frags based on the batch #?
    Thanks in advance!

  28. #688

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    K I'll make sure I get a 2011 batch.
    Two more questions ( sorry to be a newb but I I figure it's best to post here than start a new thread:

    1. I've heard of beauty encounter selling
    Shrink wrapped packages of Aventus which contain bottles with scratched out batch numbers. What is that about?

    2. Does anyone know the link to the site that provides information on frags based on the batch #?
    Thanks in advance!
    My local store puts the security tags on the bottom, no way you can get them off to see batch number

  29. #689

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by googlewhack View Post
    My local store puts the security tags on the bottom, no way you can get them off to see batch number
    Crap, OK I'm just gonna go ahead and buy from Fragrancenet.

  30. #690

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Sweet... my co-worker went in on a purchase with me so I could use the 20% off code.

    $228 + 7% fatwallet cashback = around $215 for a 4oz bottle of Aventus.

    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Page 23 of 204 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Le Male owners - have you got a min......
    By mac in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 7th April 2013, 03:44 AM
  2. Patou PH owners - how to tell if its gone off?
    By smellyliquid in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 5th October 2011, 06:55 AM
  3. Geir owners, I have a question
    By flee in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11th April 2006, 03:09 AM
  4. Le Male owners - have you got a min......
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000