Code of Conduct
Page 25 of 189 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 75 125 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 750 of 5650
  1. #721

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Got mine from Fragrancex bought last month. Itīs a A42B11Y01 batch. Paid 190 Dollars.

    God this is NECESSARY!


  2. #722

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post
    Got mine from Fragrancex bought last month. Itīs a A42B11Y01 batch. Paid 190 Dollars.

    God this is NECESSARY!

    for a 4 0z? How you get so cheap?

  3. #723

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    for a 4 0z? How you get so cheap?
    Got a personal coupon from them because of a problem in one of my orders.

  4. #724

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post
    Got a personal coupon from them because of a problem in one of my orders.
    Nice

    I thought I got a good deal :P

  5. #725

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post
    Got mine from Fragrancex bought last month. Itīs a A42B11Y01 batch. Paid 190 Dollars.

    God this is NECESSARY!

    I also have this batch, it's slightly more smoky than my N01 batch, but the longevity is fantastic...

  6. #726

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I also have this batch, it's slightly more smoky than my N01 batch, but the longevity is fantastic...
    Nice!

    Would you say N01 (Iīve one on my way homme!) is fruitier? Wich of them do you prefer?

  7. #727

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Well I've recently bought a bottle of A42B11Y01. Seems really strong at first but then it dies down pretty fast to the point that its tough to detect on my wrists after a couple of hours. I suppose it has to be olfactory fatigue as ive had a comment on it hours after application but its not usually a problem I have with many scents. Green Valley, which many people claim to have pretty crap longevity seems like a powerhouse by comparison. It varies quite a lot too as to how smoky or fruity it is but the nozzle certainly has a very sharp pineapple smell to it.

  8. #728

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post
    Nice!

    Would you say N01 (Iīve one on my way homme!) is fruitier? Wich of them do you prefer?
    Yes N01 is slightly more fruity than the Y01 batch. The Y01 definitely has more of a "smoky" pineapple. Once they settle in, they are the same. If you are getting either batch, you will be extremely happy..so don't worry.

  9. #729

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Yes N01 is slightly more fruity than the Y01 batch. The Y01 definitely has more of a "smoky" pineapple. Once they settle in, they are the same. If you are getting either batch, you will be extremely happy..so don't worry.
    In fact I have Y01 here and N01 is on the way homme! Thanks for the info!

  10. #730

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    My new bottle of aventus have the batch number A42B11S01 and is awesome! A nice mix of "smoky" and "pineapple" with some nice vanilla vibes in the drydown (after 7-8 hours on skin). Very nice!!

  11. #731

    Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

    Here is a rare glimpse into the inner sanctum of the Creed mixing laboratory in Grasse. In this demonstration, the first batch of Aventus (code named "Hot Sauce") is assembled by their master parfumeur/mixologist (aka "Chef") with painstaking precision and attention to detail.

    Creed Labs - Code Name "Hot Sauce"

  12. #732

    thebeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Biggest Little City
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

    I can bash Creed with the best of them, but the truth is I get batch variations from every manufacter. It's just the perfume industry. Get use to it.

  13. #733

    Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

    Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I can bash Creed with the best of them, but the truth is I get batch variations from every manufacter. It's just the perfume industry. Get use to it.
    This is very pragmatic, but it doesn't mean they don't deserve to have the piss taken out of them for it. At their price point, they should be able to mix a batch better than Lindsay Lohan drives a car.

  14. #734

    Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

    It's just takes a little work and research. When I went to NM to get my bottle of GIT, or when I got my Aventus decant from Kron's split. I KNEW what kind of batches I was getting.

    If batch variations anger you, don't roll the dice and order bottles from JohnnyBob's Greymarket perfumes, and come here to bitch about getting a weak batch. I bought a 2010 tester from fragrancex last year, and was so convinced my bottle sucked after reading all the mass paranoia here on BN. Im wearing that same bottle today, and it's all melony goodness. I did notice it got thicker and more melony with time, but that's about it. There are slight variations yes, like my three bottles of GIT, but they're all good.

    Gonna buy Aventus? Find the batch that warms your heart and buy it properly. If ya wanna buy a $100 tester on ebay that's been sitting in the same shipping crates as soon-to-be-skunked Heineken, be my guest. I'm not making excuses for Creed, I'm just encouraging folks to be less lazy.

  15. #735
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    So this explains the "smoky birch batch!" I love it!

    I attribute the batch variations of Aventus to differences in maceration time - a real risk for fragrances. In the first instance for Aventus (the one that everybody noticed) it was likely a combination of better-than-expected market acceptance, and a green light on changing the release schedule to meet it. Get it out smoky, or lose the sale.

    Extra shelf time on my smoky flacon has pretty much made it smell the same as the very early batch I smelled from a sample sprayer. The whole thing has made me a believer in the importance of adequate maceration and not rushing it. Whether or not high-paying customers should be forced to deal with the consequences of that decision - well, that's another question. I'm not personally bothered, but if others are, it's their right. Creed was covering for this fairly well with the millesime concept, but maybe that's just not good enough for customers any more.
    * * * *

  16. #736

    Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    So this explains the "smoky birch batch!" I love it!

    I attribute the batch variations of Aventus to differences in maceration time - a real risk for fragrances. In the first instance for Aventus (the one that everybody noticed) it was likely a combination of better-than-expected market acceptance, and a green light on changing the release schedule to meet it. Get it out smoky, or lose the sale.

    Extra shelf time on my smoky flacon has pretty much made it smell the same as the very early batch I smelled from a sample sprayer. The whole thing has made me a believer in the importance of adequate maceration and not rushing it. Whether or not high-paying customers should be forced to deal with the consequences of that decision - well, that's another question. I'm not personally bothered, but if others are, it's their right. Creed was covering for this fairly well with the millesime concept, but maybe that's just not good enough for customers any more.

    Agree wjth a good chunk of this. Maceration time is a big piece of the puzzle.

  17. #737

    thebeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Biggest Little City
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    This is very pragmatic, but it doesn't mean they don't deserve to have the piss taken out of them for it. At their price point, they should be able to mix a batch better than Lindsay Lohan drives a car.
    The problem comes from purchasing the raw materials. The raw materials very from batch to batch and becomes near impossible to match the original perfume without having the nose tweek it every time a new batch of raw materials comes in play. The house just sticks with the original formula but in the end it smells different from batch to batch.

  18. #738
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

    Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    The problem comes from purchasing the raw materials. The raw materials very from batch to batch and becomes near impossible to match the original perfume without having the nose tweek it every time a new batch of raw materials comes in play. The house just sticks with the original formula but in the end it smells different from batch to batch.
    Personally, I'm OK with variations in raw materials. We accept this in wine on a yearly basis, no problem. Now - one could make the argument that Creed should stamp the "vintage" more clearly than just a batch number, and it could get messy. But I think I would be OK with that. Print 2011a or 2011b on the bottom of the box and be done with it. The batch numbers are just annoying. I think they would be equally problematic on wines.
    * * * *

  19. #739

    Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Personally, I'm OK with variations in raw materials. We accept this in wine on a yearly basis, no problem. Now - one could make the argument that Creed should stamp the "vintage" more clearly than just a batch number, and it could get messy. But I think I would be OK with that. Print 2011a or 2011b on the bottom of the box and be done with it. The batch numbers are just annoying. I think they would be equally problematic on wines.
    In wine, you will also find dramatically different prices per vintage. A 1990 bottle of my favorites Graves currently goes for about $600. The 1991 vintage can be had for $80. Who wouldn't put up with a little extra smoke in their Aventus if it cost 1/8th of the price?

    More interestingly, the price variations arise because wine criticism is much more mature than perfume criticism. It has its plusses and its minuses, but there is at least much more transparency in wine about what the buyer has in her bottle.

    In fragrance, there still seems to be the attitude (on the supply side, at least) that stupid consumers will never notice.

  20. #740
    Dependent Oupavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,363

    Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

    Idk about the other batches but luckly my bottle is well balanced. No issues here.

  21. #741
    Ursula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Flushing,NY/USA
    Posts
    733
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

    I have been reading along with some interest. If I order a couple of Creed samples from LuckyScent, then I don't have a guaranty that the scent will be the same as in full bottle ? And moreover, bottle to bottle - according to different batches - will vary ?

    That turns me off completely from Creed. To make an advertising gimmick out of that is BS. They are doing themselves a disservice.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

  22. #742
    Ursula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Flushing,NY/USA
    Posts
    733
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

    I have been reading along with some interest. If I order a couple of Creed samples from LuckyScent, then I don't have a guaranty that the scent will be the same as in full bottle ? And moreover, bottle to bottle - according to different batches - will vary ?

    That turns me off completely from Creed. To make an advertising gimmick out of that is BS. They are doing themselves a disservice.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

  23. #743

    Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

    I agree, Ursula, it's discouraging. But I think thebeck is also right when he says that's the industry--get used to it. Creed makes some good scents. I just bought a flacon of Windsor by going to their boutique, spraying it on my skin, getting a small decant from the tester (which was nice of them) and then buying the flacon. If mine had smelled any different from what I had tested, I don't see how they would have not taken ti back.

    It just creates an annoyance. If we give them enough grief, they might stop doing it. Heck, it seems like all the 2011 batches are pretty good. Everyone going into stores and requesting specific batches probably already made the difference.

  24. #744
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    800

    Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

    this is what stops me from buying Creeds. I do have a decant of Aventus from a spilt though because its the fruity pineapple batch that is much hyped up.

  25. #745
    cadenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    215

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I have the smaller 75ml bottle of Aventus which has, over time, blossomed into a more pineapple ladened fragrance. Delicious!
    The batch no. is A42B10K04
    My newer and larger 120ml bottle (A42B11S01) is, in contrast, disappointing. It appears to be weak and smokier. However, I'm quite sure that with a bit more time and seasoning, it will be as beautiful as my first batch.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

  26. #746
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,111

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by cadenz View Post
    I have the smaller 75ml bottle of Aventus which has, over time, blossomed into a more pineapple ladened fragrance. Delicious!
    The batch no. is A42B10K04
    My newer and larger 120ml bottle (A42B11S01) is, in contrast, disappointing. It appears to be weak and smokier. However, I'm quite sure that with a bit more time and seasoning, it will be as beautiful as my first batch.
    Surprising most people mentioned that 2010 was a bad year for Aventus but now that you mentioned it 'developed' into a strong pineapple ladened frag, I am pretty sure Creed really gets better over time!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

  27. #747
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Received Aventus the other day after being encapsulated by a tester bottle in my dept store. I got the A42B11Y01 batch. It's not got much pineapple but it's got a really nice smokey smell. I can't smell it on myself after 20 minutes though so I don't know how I feel about this one. What do you all think of this batch?

  28. #748

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I'm in the same boat as Synth. I got A42B11S01 from fragnet, has a nice pineapple up top, but the problem is I can hardly smell anything after about 20-30 mins. Fragnet is more then willing to exchange it for another bottle but again the question might be that is my nose getting used to Aventus like alot of people report here. In that case exchanging bottles won't really do much. Such a dilemma...

  29. #749

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Same here. But funny thing is in the first time I sprayed my Y01 batch one spray lasted 8hours +. Now it faint into a skin scent after 2 hours. I think that maybe is fatigue. Anyway, I do have a N01 batch on my way so I see what it is. Besides, a friend of mine has the S01 batch and he sad itīs a bomb. Go figure...

  30. #750

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by shahshai View Post
    I'm in the same boat as Synth. I got A42B11S01 from fragnet, has a nice pineapple up top, but the problem is I can hardly smell anything after about 20-30 mins. Fragnet is more then willing to exchange it for another bottle but again the question might be that is my nose getting used to Aventus like alot of people report here. In that case exchanging bottles won't really do much. Such a dilemma...
    agreed....
    I finally got to spray my S01 batch, and I'm pretty disappointed.... What to do

Page 25 of 189 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Le Male owners - have you got a min......
    By mac in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 7th April 2013, 03:44 AM
  2. Patou PH owners - how to tell if its gone off?
    By smellyliquid in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 5th October 2011, 06:55 AM
  3. Geir owners, I have a question
    By flee in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11th April 2006, 03:09 AM
  4. Le Male owners - have you got a min......
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000