Code of Conduct
Page 29 of 197 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 79 129 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 870 of 5900
  1. #841

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Just got my first bottle batch # S42B12A01 and its AMAZING. Wore at work today and 3 people asked what it was and where to get it. I left out how much it cost...

  2. #842

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    really Drew? I just got this batch from the boutique as well and I find it doesn't project or last nearly as long as my 2010 batch I had. That was a powerhouse and this new batch just seems to lack the edge of my old one. The cap of my old batch is stronger when sniffing it then when i have 8 sprays of this new batch on. oh well.......guess life goes on but without the small pleasure of the great Aventus. BS

  3. #843

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Anyone purchase Aventus recently from Fragrancex.com? Any comments on the batch received?

  4. #844

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I dont have anything to compare it to and really what does lastmore than 4hrs? Im used to reapplication lol

  5. #845

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by chappelle View Post
    I've just ordered a 4oz bottle of Aventus on fragrancex.com, hopefully it's the latest batch. Do they usually have the most recent batch in stock? They've been sold out for quite a while now. Anyway I will let you know what batch I got when it gets here. Have a nice weekend.
    I want to follow up on my own post. The batch number is A42B11Y02 and it is really good! I get a lot of fruit in the opening and for the first two hours or so and then it turns into a blend of fruity, rosie, smoky birchyness. Longevity is 6+ hours for me (if I can detect it due to olfactory fatigue). Whenever i heat up though it projects again - and also, when i moisten the spots where I had applied the perfume, I can instantly smell the pineapple again (like when I take a shower).

  6. #846

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Once again I have warned anyone getting a 2012 batch. Lasts 1 hour very close to skin. Ridiculous. Makes me want to punch a wall. Like someone else mentioned...the slight variation of smell wouldn't bother me, but from going from a fragrance that once left a scent trail for all the way from my cubicle to the elevators which is a decent 50-60 steps away to another bottle that I have to stick my nose in my skin just to smell anything is beyond frustrating. It's ****ed up if you ask me.

    Never believed in the batch variation hype.....but now I regret people that bought bottles and said it was crap. Of course it was, they probably got jipped by this company.

    Ridiculous....it's like buying a Porsche that comes with cloth seats and a s*&t engine. Absurd..... an abomination to the fragrance world.

    "Ya hi I'd like a pepperoni pizza please.........oh sir, this isn't pepperoni, hell, this isn't even a pizza, it's an omelot. I didn't order that...." "Well sir, I'm just using the tactics of Creed....quantity over quality."

    kwaaaaaaa chooooooo I spit on you creed peace

  7. #847

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    So I recently got into the aventus craze. Got a 10 mL decant (C42B11X02), and then ordered a 2.5 oz bottle (a42b11s01) and really enjoyed it. I thought the a42b11s01 was a little bit more balanced than C42B11X02, which was a little too fruity. I started to read that the 2012 batches were no good (maybe it is too fresh) and coupled with the fact that creed ages well, I actually ordered an extra 4 oz from the 2011 collection.

  8. #848

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    a42b11s01 is the best one!

  9. #849
    Basenotes Junkie Xqizit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    566

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    sooo... how can you actually see from what year the batch is? from what im seeing, 2012 batch sucks?
    what are actually ones to look for?

  10. #850

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    The year is always in the batch # it's the middle number found in the sequence. Usually starting with a B

  11. #851

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe81 View Post
    Once again I have warned anyone getting a 2012 batch. Lasts 1 hour very close to skin. Ridiculous. Makes me want to punch a wall. Like someone else mentioned...the slight variation of smell wouldn't bother me, but from going from a fragrance that once left a scent trail for all the way from my cubicle to the elevators which is a decent 50-60 steps away to another bottle that I have to stick my nose in my skin just to smell anything is beyond frustrating. It's ****ed up if you ask me.
    Never believed in the batch variation hype.....but now I regret people that bought bottles and said it was crap. Of course it was, they probably got jipped by this company.

    Ridiculous....it's like buying a Porsche that comes with cloth seats and a s*&t engine. Absurd..... an abomination to the fragrance world.

    "Ya hi I'd like a pepperoni pizza please.........oh sir, this isn't pepperoni, hell, this isn't even a pizza, it's an omelot. I didn't order
    that....
    "Well sir, I'm just using the tactics of Creed....quantity over quality."

    kwaaaaaaa chooooooo I spit on you creed peace


    I have the 2012 batch and it is weaker than my A42B11N01 bottle. With that said, my girlfriend could easily still smell it on me 5 hours later even when I think it's long gone. I think it smells great with a great balance of pineapple and woods..

  12. #852

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by limaaa View Post
    a42b11s01 is the best one!
    I've seen this batch at my local Neiman Marcus, I would like to hear your thoughts on this batch.


    Nick

  13. #853
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,700

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Oh Creed...
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea


    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Currently wearing: Pulp by Byredo

  14. #854

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I have the 2012 batch and it is weaker than my A42B11N01 bottle. With that said, my girlfriend could easily still smell it on me 5 hours later even when I think it's long gone. I think it smells great with a great balance of pineapple and woods..
    ya my gf could smell mine too, but only when she smelled my shirt up close. I might decant mine away and wait till I hear about a good batch. At least now I'm more cautious about batch variations

  15. #855

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I've seen this batch at my local Neiman Marcus, I would like to hear your thoughts on this batch.


    Nick
    Hi Nick

    I´ve got this batch and the Y01 too, wich I believe you´ve stated to have along with the N01, am I correct?

    Basically I´ve found no significant differences between Y01 and S01. S01 is a little bit fruitier at first I´d say, but it takes a good amount of concentration to perceive that. Both lasts 10h plus, projects like a beast for the first 2-3 hours and them settle down, but remain quite alive, never a skin scent.

    Last sunday I wore S01 to a family barbecue and got 4 complements, starting from my apt elevator and going on! One of my fianceé aunts couldn´t stop giving compliments and asking "what´s cologne is this that you´re wearing". A real compliment getter for sure.

  16. #856

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post
    Hi Nick

    I´ve got this batch and the Y01 too, wich I believe you´ve stated to have along with the N01, am I correct?

    Basically I´ve found no significant differences between Y01 and S01. S01 is a little bit fruitier at first I´d say, but it takes a good amount of concentration to perceive that. Both lasts 10h plus, projects like a beast for the first 2-3 hours and them settl down, but remain quite alive, never a skin scent.

    Last sunday I wore S01 to a family barbecue and got 4 complements, starting from my apt elevator and going on! One of my fianceé aunts couldn´t stop giving compliments and asking "what´s cologne is this that you´re wearing". A real compliment
    getter for sure.

    Ohh right , your the guy who was suppose to get N01 but got S01. I now have N01, Y01 and. A01 (2012 batch). S01 probably smells like my N01 bottle then (a powerhouse). I'm half empty so I may go check out S01 soon. Thank you for the info!


    Nick

  17. #857

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Ohh right , your the guy who was suppose to get N01 but got S01. I now have N01, Y01 and. A01 (2012 batch). S01 probably smells like my N01 bottle then (a powerhouse). I'm half empty so I may go check out S01 soon. Thank you for the info!


    Nick
    That´s right sir!

    When you do check the S01, please report back and compare it to your N01. Want to know what I´ve missed (snif)!

  18. #858

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I have the newest 2012 and even though I think that cant smell it all my coworkers can and the love it....even after about 3-4 hrs. I got attacked yesterday by a lady as I was entering the building

  19. #859

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by drewsmith12 View Post
    I have the newest 2012 and even though I think that cant smell it all my coworkers can and the love it....even after about 3-4 hrs. I got attacked yesterday by a lady as I was entering the building
    Same experience here, Ive been using Aventus so much that I think I'm immune to the smell. Sometimes I cant smell a damn thing but my girlfriend can easily after the 5 hour mark. Last week I went to go visit her parents and they also commented that what I was wearing smelt very good and that it was pretty potent, I couldn't believe it.

  20. #860

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I've seen this batch at my local Neiman Marcus, I would like to hear your thoughts on this batch.


    Nick
    Actually I am not 100% sure that sample I have is a42b11s01, I am 99% certain.
    I have c42b11x02 but it is not good as the sample I have.
    a42b11s01 starts fresh, fruity and then when it settles down it gets smoky and very sexy. It is also very loud and lasting power is great.
    c42b11x02 smells like the opening of a42b11s01 and stays that way till the end, there is not that smoky sexy middle. It is not that loud and lasting power is not that great as in a42b11s01.

  21. #861

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Same experience here, Ive been using Aventus so much that I think I'm immune to the smell. Sometimes I cant smell a damn thing but my girlfriend can easily after the 5 hour mark. Last week I went to go visit her parents and they also commented that what I was wearing smelt very good and that it was pretty potent, I couldn't believe it.
    I had the same experience. When I bought it (A42B11S01), I wanted to wear it every second of every day and it seemed short lived. I'd read all this stuff about people smelling it on their shirts weeks later, and I wasn't getting this. Once I put Aventus into my rotation as something I'd wear once every two weeks or so, it started seeming a lot longer lived than when I'd wear it everyday for a week. Just two days ago I threw on a t-shirt to go get the mail-- and it was a shirt that I'd been wearing a week before. And as soon as I put this shirt on, the most amazing smell bombarded my nose. It was this wonderful patchouli and pineapple smell. I realized quickly that it was Aventus.

    Fabulous stuff. Weird though, I like it plenty but I don't really get compliments on it, though I know my coworkers can smell it. Green Irish Tweed, on the other hand, will often snap the necks of women walking by-- they always have to ask what I'm wearing when I wear GIT!

  22. #862
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where the sun don't shine
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Hi guys! I just received batch number A42B11z01. The opening is really beatiful, reminds me of Riverside Drive. Does anyone know about the longevity on this one?

  23. #863

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Festivus81 View Post
    Hi guys! I just received batch number A42B11z01. The opening is really beatiful, reminds me of Riverside Drive. Does anyone know about the longevity on this one?
    EDITED: Sorry! Misread for S01 heheheh!
    Last edited by TheBuyer; 10th May 2012 at 08:50 PM.

  24. #864

    Default

    So I finally took the plunge and got my bottle this week from the creed boutique. I've received batch c42b11y02. If anyone else has this batch I'd be interested to hear your opinions. The opening is pretty strong but I can't seem to smell it after a couple of hours (maybe olfactory fatigue kicking in?).

  25. #865

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    They had one A42b11S01 at my local Neiman Marcus so I decided to grab it. This batch is a powerhouse like Y01 except its more fruity. Longevity and projection is stellar, definitely a batch worth checking out!

  26. #866
    Basenotes Institution dougczar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12,027

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I received by bottle from the Creed Boutique a few weeks ago - batch S42B12A01. I finally got around to trying it. Smelled wonderful, and longevity was at least 6 hours +. I can only compare it to a few sample vials I have - I haven't bothered to check the batch numbers on these (yet). Smells even better than the vials, but that may be because of the difference between the sprayer and the dabbing application of the vials.

    Anyway I have no complaints about my S42B12A01. I like several creed fragrances (GIT, OV, OS, BdP, VIW, and Royal Water, but this is insane. I don't see people checking batch numbers of Tom Ford or Bond No. 9. *sigh*

  27. #867
    Dependent mikesc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,098

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Just ordered a 4oz from fragrancx and its A42B11Y02. Good stuff as far as I can tell with one wearing. Has good longevity.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress / Venetian Bergamot / Amber Absolute HERE Selling Bruckner Aoud 1 with box HERE

  28. #868
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Just got a bottle of the batch c42b11z01 and after using it two days in a row all I can tell is it starts fruity and remains like that all the way and I get almost no smoke. It seemed to last 3-4h (asked my girlfriend if she was smelling it on me after 3h and she had to get really close to get something). Maybe it's my skin but as it was my first impression of Aventus and after all the hype it got I'm really disappointed.


    EDIT: Sprayed Aventus minutes after writing this post and I must admit I was wrong. It projected for the first 2-3h then it settled down and quickly became a skin scent. Now, 14h later I can still smell it. It does last but most of the time as a skin scent.
    Last edited by arthurmoraes; 13th May 2012 at 08:52 PM.

  29. #869
    Dependent starshipvelcro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio somewhere
    Posts
    2,471

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    So I just took a risk and got a bottle on ebay from Mill Creek Rescue. I wasn't worried about authenticity, just what batch it was. Turn out it is a S42B12A01, and it smells fantastic. I thought I liked my sample until I tried this one. The pineapple is way better than I ever knew. Anyways, there is 1 left from them right now (4 oz) and it's at an insane price! Someone go snatch it up!

  30. #870
    Basenotes Junkie Xqizit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    566

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    looks like 2012 batches are doing pretty good eh?

Page 29 of 197 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Le Male owners - have you got a min......
    By mac in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 7th April 2013, 03:44 AM
  2. Patou PH owners - how to tell if its gone off?
    By smellyliquid in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 5th October 2011, 06:55 AM
  3. Geir owners, I have a question
    By flee in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11th April 2006, 03:09 AM
  4. Le Male owners - have you got a min......
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000