Code of Conduct
Page 31 of 189 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Default Re: Best batch of aventus?

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Chill out, they all smell the same. Stop reading all of these different things people think they smell and automatically take it as the truth. Some people can smell it on themselves and some cant. I usually cant. But of all 5 or 6 batches i have smelled- they are the same. If you go to the boutique, try it on your skin. If you dont like it then dont buy it. Dont think you are going to return it and get something completely different that you will all of a sudden love. Aventus isnt for everyone.
    Spot on!!

Different people smell things differently. Try it and see, no big deal if you don't like it. I have one of the so-called weakest batches from 2010 and it's like a monster on me, 2 sprays only.

Basenotes Member

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

I picked my package from FragranceNet this morning, got a batch A42B11Y02. Wen't to work and srayed it on a piece of paper... Man, that's some strong pineapple and blackcurrant. One spray and it was pure madness. After two hours, the paper still causes mayhem. I have to try it on my skin tomorrow, but it seems it's even better than my a42b11z01 batch.

It seems I have a batch nobody mentioned here: S42B12C01

I bought it about three weeks ago from the Creed store in Paris.

I don't have a developed nose, and still am an amateur when it comes to fragrances, but I think it smells amazing! And i have received many compliments from it. Girls REALLY love it.

The problem is I can't smell it that much after a while, but that could be due to two things. One is that it happens to me with all fragrances (Unless it's aoud or something), and the second is that my skin absorbs fragrances like crazy! So I over apply it sometimes.

But anyway, even when I can't smell it anymore, I get compliments, so it's not a big problem.

It's my favorite fragrance right now in the Summer.

PS: I noticed the fragrance smells better now that I applied it a couple of times, and stronger, than the first time I applied it. The pineapple is more apparent.
    Last edited by deon10; 30th May 2012 at 11:23 AM.

Default Re: Best batch of aventus?

Thanks guys I appreciate the reassuring info. I love the smell I just want it to last.

Banned

Default Re: Aventus WOW Batch

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Luckily haven't stumbled upon any bad ones yet.
    +1 ...

Hey all,

Just bought Aventus (batch: C42B11Z01) about two weeks ago.
    The opening definitely has that rich pineapple smell which is just so darn good.

Projection: About 4-5 hours (Though I can still managed to get a whiff every now and then after 6 plus hours.
    Longevity: V. good longevity on this one. Sprayed it at 7.30 in the morning and still lingers on my skin after 12 hours or so. Also probably due to the fact that the place I'm staying at is high in humidity.

Default Re: Aventus WOW Batch

I wish there weren't any inconsistencies as well, that's for sure.. It seems like Creed has ironed out the batch issues pretty well with Aventus as of late. Thankfully, I haven't ran in to any bad batches with any of the Creeds I have.

@ih8buffering I know for a fact if you purchase from Creed boutique and don't like the batch you have, they will work with you.
    Current obsession...Invasion Barbare

Hi Guys, I just got an Aventus split with batch number: FP42B12A01 . Did someone already get to know this one?

Banned

Lol I think everyone is seriously looking into this batch differentiation a bit too much, and tricking themselves into actually thinking there is a huge difference! My first bottle of Creed Aventus I bought was batch #A42B11N01, and if you look back at page 5 etc. of this thread, everyone was saying that batch was too ashy, or no pineapple. I thought to myself, smells perfect to me! Now A42B11N01 is said to be one of the best batches of Aventus yet. I recently got a decant of a 2012 batch and they smell exactly the same, it's all in your guys heads!

Yes, I hate to continue the thread, but I am running out of my 2010 batch and wanted advice as to whether to purchase batch # A42B11Y02 or # C42B11Z01. Thoughts greatly appreciated!

Does anyone think that the variation has to do with the date, and consequential aging it has undergone? Maybe the batches created earlier in the year are stronger than the ones that have been created later in the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Had a few new samples this morning and one of them is a new Aventus batch: C42B11Z01. So these will be the last lot before the 2012's come out.

Its VERY potent and the Pineapple is vibrant. A great example of Aventus.
    Quote Originally Posted by firz84 View Post
    Hey all,

Just bought Aventus (batch: C42B11Z01) about two weeks ago.
    The opening definitely has that rich pineapple smell which is just so darn good.

Projection: About 4-5 hours (Though I can still managed to get a whiff every now and then after 6 plus hours.
    Longevity: V. good longevity on this one. Sprayed it at 7.30 in the morning and still lingers on my skin after 12 hours or so. Also probably due to the fact that the place I'm staying at is high in humidity.
    I've been a long-time lurker, signed-up now just so I can post this.

I just got my 2.5oz bottle of Aventus last Saturday with the exact same batch number (C42B11Z01). Today was my first day wearing it to work, and after the 6 hour mark, I can barely smell anything. While I agree that the pineapple opening is very vibrant, I have no idea how you guys are getting over 12 hours, or claiming this to be one of the better batches out there. The longevity for this batch seems to be on par with my bottle of Millesime Imperial.

Is there a special way you guys are applying this, or is my nose that much easier to get fatigued-by?

Quote Originally Posted by Overdose View Post
    I've been a long-time lurker, signed-up now just so I can post this.

I just got my 2.5oz bottle of Aventus last Saturday with the exact same batch number (C42B11Z01). Today was my first day wearing it to work, and after the 6 hour mark, I can barely smell anything. While I agree that the pineapple opening is very vibrant, I have no idea how you guys are getting over 12 hours, or claiming this to be one of the better batches out there. The longevity for this batch seems to be on par with my bottle of Millesime Imperial.

Is there a special way you guys are applying this, or is my nose that much easier to get fatigued-by?
    Hi Overdose,

What I meant when I said 12 hours is that I could still smell it on my skin. It won't project anymore and you really have to be real close to the skin to smell it. I don't really have a special way in applying. I will usually go 2 sprays at the side of the neck and 1 spray to the chest. The spray on the chest will stick to my clothes and it still smells quite allright. I do get the nose fatigue once in awhile but you have to understand that even though you can't smell it anymore, the people around still might. I hope your next wearing of Aventus will be a better one. Cheers mate!

Received a bottle of Aventus batch # S42B12A01. Lots of pineapple and less smoke. Projects very well for the first 3 to 4 hours and then has decent projection up to the 5 hour mark. After the 6 hour mark it basically becomes a skin scent. You can still smell it 8 hours later, but it's faint. Expect the fragrance to get stronger after it ages a bit, but just as it is it's pretty damn potent. Compared to the 2010 bottle I had, this bottle has a much more refreshing and bright feel to it. Going to test this with a moisturizer on my skin to see if I can get even more projection and longevity out of it.
    Last edited by silentrich; 14th June 2012 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Received a bottle of Aventus batch # S42B12A01. Lots of pineapple and less smoke. Projects very well for the first 3 to 4 hours and then has decent projection up to the 5 hour mark. After the 6 hour mark it basically becomes a skin scent. You can still smell it 8 hours later, but it's faint. Expect the fragrance to get stronger after it ages a bit, but just as it is it's pretty damn potent. Compared to the 2010 bottle I had, this bottle has a much more refreshing and bright feel to it. Going to test this with a moisturizer on my skin to see if I can get even more projection and longevity out of it.
    I do enjoy hearing about the batch I have, it makes me feel less crazy when other people tell me they enjoy it as much as older batches...I do hope it lasts a little longer eventually.

I think the 2012 batch gets stronger as it ages through use. Mine apparently has lol enough to keep me away from it for a while

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe81 View Post
    I think the 2012 batch gets stronger as it ages through use. Mine apparently has lol enough to keep me away from it for a while
    Always an interesting experiment with some Creeds. Hopefully my 2012 batch gets a little smokier over time.
    Last edited by silentrich; 15th June 2012 at 03:19 AM.

I have a K01 batch from last year and it is much stronger and potent than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Johno View Post
    I have a K01 batch from last year and it is much stronger and potent than before.
    I always thought this was BS about Creeds, but I had a bottle of GIT do it. It went from a very strong opening and average heart and drydown, to a strong opening with a stronger mid and richer drydown.

I have batch C42B11X02 and it has a good amount of pineapple in it. Good batch imo and lasts forever on me.

Anyone else got C42B11Z02 from one of the splits? The stuff started off really well but lately it hasn't lasted more than 4 hours on me. Definitely nothing to do with the weather or olfactory fatigue - that I'm certain of.

Double post.
    Last edited by Mr G; 15th June 2012 at 02:18 PM.

I have the C42B11Z02 batch. Love it so far, although I haven't tested it extensively since I still have an x02 decant.

Thanks. Is yours a decant too?

Quote Originally Posted by UNCAlumni2009 View Post
    I have the C42B11Z02 batch. Love it so far, although I haven't tested it extensively since I still have an x02 decant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    Thanks. Is yours a decant too?
    yes it is. From heperd

Have you done a comparison between your two different batches? I'd be curious to know which lasts longer. While the Z02 one I have smells lovely it's just seems to have dropped off the longevity cliff for me of late.

yes it is. From heperd

Not really. I only sprayed it once when I first got it. I did notice z02 is slightly fruitier in the opening. The mid and drydown seem nearly identical to me.

Not really. I only sprayed it once when I first got it. I did notice z02 is slightly fruitier in the opening. The mid and drydown seem nearly identical to me.
    Thanks.

no problem

hi guys, i just received a sample of batch A4210E01, i like the smell but not quite impressed, this is the first creed i tested because of the hype around it. Do you think i will like other batches better? Creed is very expensive here in the Philippines and the price is higher than what the retail price is in the US and only one store is an authorized reseller. I came across a grey market seller whose prices is on par with Fragrancenet but he only have a bottle of S42B11S01, do you think this is a better batch than what i sampled?

Page 31 of 189 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 131 ... LastLast