Code of Conduct
Page 42 of 189 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 92 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 5644

Default Re: Best batch of aventus?

The batch I have (sample) there is very little pineapple/apple if any at all, it is very woodsy and smokey all the way through.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

hahaha finally smelled the Z01 batch and after 2 minutes my nose can't detect it (fatigue for sure but still lol). Doesn't smell any different than my my other 2011 batch.

yesterday i called the nearest shop with creed fragrances. I ask if she could please look under the package to tell me the batch numbers. She was really crazy, she said she is absolutely sure about the quality of creed and every every every aventus is the same . She did not understand what i mean. She was so silly ...and i had no more desire to tell her more about this. "ok you're right , thank you".

Quote Originally Posted by yuyu15 View Post
    I bought two tester bottles 120ml for only 55$ each, one with batch number A42B11N01, the other one A42B11Y01. I sprayed Y01 on my right hand and N01 on my left hand. Y01 is very fruity, especially I smell pinapple in it. The other one is nice too but smoky. Y01 is much better in my opinion.
    Where did u purchased tester at this low price.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yuyu15 View Post
    I bought two tester bottles 120ml for only 55$ each, one with batch number A42B11N01, the other one A42B11Y01. I sprayed Y01 on my right hand and N01 on my left hand. Y01 is very fruity, especially I smell pinapple in it. The other one is nice too but smoky. Y01 is much better in my opinion.
    You bought TWO 120ml testers for $55 each?? They must have been stolen if they were genuine. The best deal I ever found for a Aventus tester was $165 and that was no box, no cap. Heck I haven't even seen fake knock off Aventus for that price!!!

For those thinking about making a purchase, received an Aventus A42B11Z01 batch from FragranceNet (eBay) yesterday.

well , without a doubt, i studie all this comments and came to the conclusion that there is no "bad " batch, you have all different type of skins. AVENTUS is AVENTUS and will ever be AVENTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcampbell View Post
    Just got C02 in the mail today and sprayed it on. I get the "apple" smell that I have heard people talk about. I really like it good balance between smoke and fruit. I only have had it on for 45 mins so no answer on longevity.
    Any further update on batch CO2 will be appericated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kal2001 View Post
    Any further update on batch CO2 will be appericated.
    I just got a bottle of C02 and there is a profound difference from Z01. C02 is lighter on the pineapple and apples, and seems to become smokier faster. Its longevity seems to be about average. Seems to be fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by darcy666 View Post
    Wearing this today from your split and I can confirm it smells awesome
    Darcy what is the longevity on this one? How many hours are you getting?

Default Re: Best batch of aventus?

I have S42B11S01. I find a great balance of Pineapple and wood smoke. I have never experienced the ashy batch but have only sampled 4 bottles and owning 2.

so i paid yesterday 150 USD (120 EUR) for 75ml in Germany online-perfume-store and i get today the B11Z01 batch

Does anyone know how many batch numbers have been made ?

Bought off Amazon a week ago http://www.amazon.com/Creed-Aventus-...ywords=aventus and just got it today. Was $199 when I got it, with free shipping. Batch #A42B11Z01

tested E01 in the store and lasted long and very smoky in the drydown

Can anyone help identify my batch ?

- 8+ hours longevity
    - Very smokey and woodsy with hardly any pineapple until the last few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    Can anyone help identify my batch ?

- 8+ hours longevity
    - Very smokey and woodsy with hardly any pineapple until the last few hours.
    Check the bottle.

I've got a sample.

C42B11X02, which as noted in this thread here : http://www.basenotes.net/threads/292...02-Comparisons

This batch is currently being used for the fragancenet.com samples of Aventus. I ordered a few sample vials for friends who have been asking to try Aventus for themselves, but being the scent-miser that I am, I refused to let them use my bottle of the stuff. Needless to say, I was pretty surprised that they are using this lot in the sample vials as I thought it would still be the 2010 vials, now I will probably end up ordering a few more samples so I can do side-by-side comparisons with my current batch - S24B12A01. So if anyone is looking to see for themselves what the fuss is about that batch, you can find them there, sorry in advance if they sell out of the samples,

My bottle's A42B11Y02 and I love it. Very strong Pineapple in this one. I'd love to try the legendary X02 but I've heard my batch is one of the better ones (lucky, too, this batch was all my store had).

Quote Originally Posted by RunSun View Post
    C42B11X02, which as noted in this thread here : http://www.basenotes.net/threads/292...02-Comparisons

This batch is currently being used for the fragancenet.com samples of Aventus. I ordered a few sample vials for friends who have been asking to try Aventus for themselves, but being the scent-miser that I am, I refused to let them use my bottle of the stuff. Needless to say, I was pretty surprised that they are using this lot in the sample vials as I thought it would still be the 2010 vials, now I will probably end up ordering a few more samples so I can do side-by-side comparisons with my current batch - S24B12A01. So if anyone is looking to see for themselves what the fuss is about that batch, you can find them there, sorry in advance if they sell out of the samples,
    Do you know when they started using those samples? I bought one probably a month or two ago and I noticed no real difference from the Z01 batch I had as a 5mL sample from before. If anything, it may have been a little less ashy or smoky, but it really wasn't noticeable.

I have a split of the famous X02 batch (its beautiful). I also have a batch of Z01 coming to me in the mail. I'll post a comparison of the two sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by adam4949 View Post
    I have a split of the famous X02 batch (its beautiful). I also have a batch of Z01 coming to me in the mail. I'll post a comparison of the two sometime soon.
    Please do!

In fact, I have a request: Find a friend to spray them both. Wear no scents that day. Then, have your friend spray one on your left arm and the other on your right without telling you which scent is which. Make sure you're using similar sprayers so you won't know (I say this because ho-ly-crap are Creed sprayers powerful!) I'd be curious to read your opinions of both if you don't know which is which when you're smelling them.
    I have a 100ml Gucci Pour Homme 2003 that I'll swap for Reflection Man or De Bachmakov. PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Do you know when they started using those samples? I bought one probably a month or two ago and I noticed no real difference from the Z01 batch I had as a 5mL sample from before. If anything, it may have been a little less ashy or smoky, but it really wasn't noticeable.
    I don't, sorry. From what I have heard from other posters it's a complete craps shoot on what batch you will be receiving. Just as an example my brother and I both ordered bottles of Aventus around the same time a few months back, he got a 2010 batch for his 75ml and I got a 2012 batch for my 120 ml. They could have the current sample vial batch for another day or for another month, there's just no way to know

Basenotes Member

I just got my first Aventus from Fragrancenet yesterdayy and my batch number is: A42B12D01 and i gotta say i love the wayy it smells

I don't get too much pineapple in the initial burst but it is there and I find it more smokey and woodsey. I do like it but I havent really had a chance to test the longevity and silllage on it. Does anyonee have the same batch?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowzxfire View Post
    I just got my first Aventus from Fragrancenet yesterdayy and my batch number is: A42B12D01 and i gotta say i love the wayy it smells

I don't get too much pineapple in the initial burst but it is there and I find it more smokey and woodsey. I do like it but I havent really had a chance to test the longevity and silllage on it. Does anyonee have the same batch?
    just bought same batch number from john lewis in glasgow this afternoon
    Its 1973, almost dinner time , i'm having hoops !

Basenotes Member

So after wearing it for a night, my thoughts on the batch i have was that it appears to fade away quickly (after an hour or so) but comes back to haunt me at the most random times. For example, after the 45 mins - an hour mark, I couldn't detect it anymore but every so often, i suddenly caught a whiff of it and when i went to sniff the actual area that I sprayed it, i could detect it faintly. But when the whiffs came, they were pretty strong and since I sprayed my forearm, it meant that there must have been decent sillage.

I fell asleep and when I woke up in the morning, I could still catch subtle hints of it on me.. so I would say, it lasted me about 12 hours?

not too shabby

Quote Originally Posted by shadowzxfire View Post
    So after wearing it for a night, my thoughts on the batch i have was that it appears to fade away quickly (after an hour or so) but comes back to haunt me at the most random times. For example, after the 45 mins - an hour mark, I couldn't detect it anymore but every so often, i suddenly caught a whiff of it and when i went to sniff the actual area that I sprayed it, i could detect it faintly. But when the whiffs came, they were pretty strong and since I sprayed my forearm, it meant that there must have been decent sillage.

I fell asleep and when I woke up in the morning, I could still catch subtle hints of it on me.. so I would say, it lasted me about 12 hours?

not too shabby
    The lack of being able to smell it isn't a batch variation thing, it's just an Aventus thing. I've had a few different batches via samples and they have all done this. You wear it for an hour and it's awesome, but then it gets sort of hidden by your olfactory senses and comes up every once and a while unless you smell your shirt or something.

This whole thing about batch numbers is going to kill me, ALL I WANT IS A BOTTLE OF BLOODY AVENTUS !! #rant

Now that I got that out of the way, how do the 2012 batches compare to the rest ?

Just buy a bottle then. All of this stems from a couple of sub-par batches from 2010.
    2012 batches are great.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Page 42 of 189 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 92 142 ... LastLast