Code of Conduct
Page 47 of 205 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 97 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 6132
  1. #1381

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,422

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Am I the only one who actually prefers the "ashy" batches? That birch note is what makes Aventus to me. Plus, to me, Aventus is a cold weather scent (too heavy for my summer tastes). Anyway, my favorite sample/decant I've had was the first really strong smoky 2010 batch from The Perfumed Court that I had. I also liked the fact that the ashyness of these batches overroad that vanilla/ambergris note in the base, which is my least favorite part of Aventus. Anyway, I love Aventus (all batches), but I actually really prefer that smoky birch note for winter.

  2. #1382

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I'm with you on that one Brian. I also bought a Perfumedcourt decant in 2010 that I loved, it lasted forever. When I purchased my bottle in 2011 I was let down, it didn't last as long or smell as good.

  3. #1383

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I remember (when first trying this one out) getting a 5 ml decant of Aventus once that absolutely amazed me. I then got in on a split (this was about 2 or 3 years ago), and was kind of underwhelmed. At first, it was all ashy/smokey - Eventually there was much more pineapple/fruit, but the longevity/projection was very bad.

    With all the endless hype I've been hearing about this, I decided to get a 5 ml decant from someone on Ebay. The serial number is C42B11Z01, which many have said is one of the "good" batches, so hopefully I can regain what I once got out of this fragrance a few years ago, because that first decant I got was pretty special.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Got the decant today of the Z01, and so far, I really like it! Very nice, bright opening - sillage seems improved - Feel like the scent of this one really springs up nicely. Only thing is I'm not sure the longevity is the greatest, but I only sprayed a small amount on the back of my hand. I'll try this again tomorrow with a full wearing so that I can get a better gauge on the longevity of it.

  4. #1384
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Does anyone have experience with A42b12c02, coming from Z01?
    Last edited by jal3223; 18th December 2012 at 05:53 AM.

  5. #1385

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I bought a 4oz C02 batch bottle about 3 weeks ago from fragrance.net and I don't get that much smoke like everyone says.. it has a strong pineapple in the beginning with very little smoke. The problem I've had with it is that it does not last very long. I get about 6-8hrs spraying it on my shirt (about 4 -5 sprays). I had a 2011 Y02 sample that had way more longevity and projection. I wonder if aventus gets stronger inside the bottle with age?
    Last edited by AGMAN; 16th December 2012 at 08:23 AM.

  6. #1386
    Dependent comfortablynumbbg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,147

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGMAN View Post
    I bought a 4oz C02 batch bottle about 3 weeks ago from fragrance.net and I don't get that much smoke like everyone says.. it has a strong pineapple in the beginning with very little smoke. The problem I've had with it is that it does not last very long. I get about 6-8hrs spraying it on my shirt (about 4 -5 sprays). I had a 2011 Y02 sample that had way more longevity and projection. I wonder if aventus gets stronger inside the bottle with age?
    some guys on the forum say that, personally I think it's bullcrap.

  7. #1387

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    some guys on the forum say that, personally I think it's bullcrap.
    I was hoping it was true : /

  8. #1388

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I'd say 6-8 hours is actually pretty good. How about on skin?

  9. #1389

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by AGMAN View Post
    I bought a 4oz C02 batch bottle about 3 weeks ago from fragrance.net and I don't get that much smoke like everyone says.. it has a strong pineapple in the beginning with very little smoke. The problem I've had with it is that it does not last very long. I get about 6-8hrs spraying it on my shirt (about 4 -5 sprays). I had a 2011 Y02 sample that had way more longevity and projection. I wonder if aventus gets stronger inside the bottle with age?
    i have
    c02 little smoke
    01b strong smoke
    My Top 3 Scent
    1 Aventus
    2 Dior homme intense (Vintage)
    3 L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme L'Eau Extrême

  10. #1390
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by ducaticorse View Post
    i have
    c02 little smoke
    01b strong smoke
    What kind of longevity are you getting with C02?

  11. #1391

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by FlashingBlade View Post
    I'd say 6-8 hours is actually pretty good. How about on skin?
    I personally get about 2 -3 hrs on my skin and I don't have dry skin, but not oily either. I had a sample of a 2011 x02 batch and I remember it being a bit stronger on the smoke with just a perfect balance of pineapple. I would apply it and the whole whole house smelled like aventus. That does not happen with my new C02.

  12. #1392

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    How is the lot number A42B12C01 ?

  13. #1393

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mansoor Ahmed View Post
    How is the lot number A42B12C01 ?
    I've only tried C01 and C02 but they smell the same, great pineapple, get comments hours later. I get olfactory fatigue in 4hrs, but if I refresh my sense of smell with the use of coffee beans, I can detect it even 6+ hours later.

    Cant comment vs the old school editions.

  14. #1394
    Dependent Possum-Pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Near Gettysburg
    Posts
    1,846
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mansoor Ahmed View Post
    How is the lot number A42B12C01 ?
    I own this lot and it smells strangely like...Aventus
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

  15. #1395

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    I remember (when first trying this one out) getting a 5 ml decant of Aventus once that absolutely amazed me. I then got in on a split (this was about 2 or 3 years ago), and was kind of underwhelmed. At first, it was all ashy/smokey - Eventually there was much more pineapple/fruit, but the longevity/projection was very bad.

    With all the endless hype I've been hearing about this, I decided to get a 5 ml decant from someone on Ebay. The serial number is C42B11Z01, which many have said is one of the "good" batches, so hopefully I can regain what I once got out of this fragrance a few years ago, because that first decant I got was pretty special.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Got the decant today of the Z01, and so far, I really like it! Very nice, bright opening - sillage seems improved - Feel like the scent of this one really springs up nicely. Only thing is I'm not sure the longevity is the greatest, but I only sprayed a small amount on the back of my hand. I'll try this again tomorrow with a full wearing so that I can get a better gauge on the longevity of it.
    Just to update after several uses - Smell is absolutely delicious, and sillage is even quite good to start off with, but unfortunately, longevity is not that great. At least I didn't pay that much for my 5 ml decant. Might have to try some other batches.

  16. #1396

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Hello everyone,

    First time poster. Got caught up in the Aventus hype and am now in the market to buy and try for myself

    I'm asking for some opinions here because as with many people, I rather not do a complete blind buy. I think I have narrowed down the Lot No.'s I am interested in based on their availability to me:

    A42B11N01
    A42B11S01
    A42B11Y01

    My main concern is longevity. I don't want to spend this much $ and not have it last. I want to ask if someone (maybe 'checker' since I believe you own all the ones mentioned above) can rank these in terms of fruityness, smokeyness, and longevity on a scale of 1-10? And for longevity I mean NOT from the POV of the wearer (since olfactory fatigue is a factor).

    And of course if there is a Lot No. that I have not mentioned that has beast longevity than please do mention it!

  17. #1397

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I have the lot number C42B10K03, it's kind of more smoky but less fruity and the other batch I'm getting here in Pakistan is A42B12C01 , what about the fruit and smoke in it?

  18. #1398

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    MY AVENTUS BATCH NO IS A42B12C02. Does anybody know about this batch? personally i think its not a very good batch. the longevity is miserable.
    Last edited by fluffmaster; 19th December 2012 at 05:39 PM.

  19. #1399

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by fluffmaster View Post
    MY AVENTUS BATCH NO IS A42B12C02. Does anybody know about this batch? personally i think its not a very good batch. the longevity is miserable.
    I have this one as well and I agree. I find i am putting on 8 - 10 sprays and it just doesn't last. Disappointed as it is my first purchase of creed frags.

  20. #1400

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Has anyone tried the alcohol free version of Creed Aventus? Are the alcohol free versions usually more potent? Sorry I don't know much about this. Any help is greatly appreciated. I just saw Creed came out with this and I was intrigued. Thanks

  21. #1401
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad114 View Post
    I have this one as well and I agree. I find i am putting on 8 - 10 sprays and it just doesn't last. Disappointed as it is my first purchase of creed frags.
    My first Creed purchase was an Aventus carded sample from 2011. Very underwhelmed. No longevity and could barely smell anything after spraying it.Probably won't keep trying. I guess it's a Creed thing, I wouldn't understand.

  22. #1402

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I like Creed but the quality control issues with Aventus are really ridiculous, I sniffed a bottle recently at a local NM and it did not have the strong pineapple and tobacco smell that a tester I tried in 2011 did. I am sure many people have emailed Creed regarding this matter. I hope the current batches are good.

  23. #1403

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    today in the afternoon , when i went to pick my kids, i applied a good 4 sprays to my neck and armpits. it was noticeable as a friend remarked,,,that it was a good fruity fragrance. . standing outside the school, i did notice other parents looking at me as i passed them, (but didnt remark much, as this is a conservative society) and the freshness of pineapple was later confirmed by my son, who loves it. so i guess that its not a fake , but certainly does have the longevity issues.

    one really needs a tasteful and frank audience, to appreciate this stuff...and the last person to sense is you urself.

  24. #1404

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    ^What Batch do you have?

    Also any thoughts on Y02?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Tried E01 and Y02.

    E01 more pineapple heavy than Y02. I personally don't like. Very little smoke. Longevity is decent. Still had a skin scent after 10 hours, and would occasionally get whiffs of it.

    Y02 just applied today, less pineapple and more smoke than E01, and I like this balance better. Will see about longevity.

  25. #1405
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I like Y02 a great deal, maybe even the most of the batches I have tried so far. I find it well balanced if not slightly tilted towards the smoke. I even like it a little better than the Z01 which is nice but does have that vague gasoline note early on. Longevity is great for both but get lost on the wearer sometimes (given the olfactory fatigue). People have commented on the Y02 twelve hours later so longevity must be really good.

  26. #1406

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    If anyone is interested, i got an email back from Strawberrynet today and the current batch of 120ml Aventus bottles are:

    S42B12001B.

  27. #1407

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Does anyone have a list of safe batches to buy? I mean the nice balanced / fruity ones with sick longevity and sillage?

    Thank you, I'm on the hunt but I don't want to spend a ton of money on a crap batch

    - - - Updated - - -

    Btw idk what they put in my samples but I sprayed it on myself literally 20 hours ago and I'm still getting wiffs

  28. #1408

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by xxsjxx1 View Post
    Does anyone have a list of safe batches to buy? I mean the nice balanced / fruity ones with sick longevity and sillage?

    Thank you, I'm on the hunt but I don't want to spend a ton of money on a crap batch

    - - - Updated - - -

    Btw idk what they put in my samples but I sprayed it on myself literally 20 hours ago and I'm still getting wiffs
    Basically there was only one really bad batch in 2010 (ending in K04) which was lacking in fruit and really smokey. Everything else is fine. There are variations but its only for those really seeking them out (aka being nitpicky).

  29. #1409

    Default Re: Creed Aventus Batch C42B12E01

    Here's some advice...

    SEARCH

    This thread was literally a few inches down the page...

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...-batch-numbers
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)


    Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real, unbiased data on fragrance potency! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPindex

  30. #1410

    Default Re: Creed Aventus Batch C42B12E01

    Dude the point is that that thread is still active and that you should post your question there. And the answer to your question is yes, its a good batch. There was only one "bad" batch at that was the one ending in K04, because it was overly smokey/not fruity. Had you actually read that thread (hell the last page), you would have known that. Any other batch variation is subject to your own experience (skin type/chemistry etc...), which is presumably why you bought a sample.

Page 47 of 205 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 97 147 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Le Male owners - have you got a min......
    By mac in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 7th April 2013, 03:44 AM
  2. Patou PH owners - how to tell if its gone off?
    By smellyliquid in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 5th October 2011, 06:55 AM
  3. Geir owners, I have a question
    By flee in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11th April 2006, 03:09 AM
  4. Le Male owners - have you got a min......
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000