Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    I started was posting in a thread how I hated and wasted my money on Aventus after catching the hype months ago. Used about half the bottle, and now the smell is so different and I'm saving it for special occasions. So full, and quality went from 4 out of 10 to about 8 out of 10 in my personal experience. If you bought a bottle, keep it for a while and see if it develops.
    Yep, I didnt like the bottle I ordered so I got another one with a different batch number that I liked. I set the first one aside for a while, and now that I smell it again the strong pinapple notes are back (was faint-to-none when I first smelled it). I assume it went through "delivery shock", just like cigars go through when shipped, and needed to "rest" for a while; but who knows.

Default Creed Aventus - batch issues?!?

Hi all, I've been reading a bit about the Creed Aventus issues where some batches are vile and some are great...

So which are good? Which are bad? How to tell without buying first?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creed Aventus - batch issues?!?

I was just looking this up myself. I found it through a search. You should try that method.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...-batch-numbers

Default Re: Creed Aventus - batch issues?!?

Ah, I was using the wrong search terms. Gracias.

Anyone have any experience with A42B10K04 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Forza View Post
    My apologies for another Aventus thread, however after Dullah's post I would like the Aventus owners to post their batch/lot numbers and see if there is a correlation between that and what they think about the fragrance.
    According to Dullah:
    Forza..if none of the three smell good..which batch does?????I got mine from a decant at the perfumed court and mine smells GREAT!!I have nothing to compare it to however so im not sure if there are BETTER ones out there.I emailed them about batch numbers and the one they are decanting at the moment is:C42B10J01....

For the record. Aventus has just arrived on the shleves here and I bought one (75ml / USD 150) LOT C42B11N01.

The opening is nice - and it seems to be settling pretty nicely. I have had a Creed Card Sample in my drawer for a few months and come to like it so I'll see how this feels over time and if anything interesting comes up add to the thread, altho frankly I'm not that obsessed over this one way or the either. I predict Aventus will be very popular in this part of the world during the long hot summer.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyboy View Post
    Forza..if none of the three smell good..which batch does?????I got mine from a decant at the perfumed court and mine smells GREAT!!I have nothing to compare it to however so im not sure if there are BETTER ones out there.I emailed them about batch numbers and the one they are decanting at the moment is:C42B10J01....
    I have C4210E01 and I really like it, the only complaint I have is the longevity.
    Current top 5
    1. Creed Vintage Tabaróme
    2. Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue pour le Soir
    3. Comme des Garçons 8 88
    4. Montale Black Musk
    5. Profumum Antico Caruso

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    Anyone have any experience with A42B10K04 ?
    I believe a dept store tester that I tried was from the K batch. Stronggggggg. Having tried tried E, and J, K has very powerful top notes. I think they finally stabilized things at K. Of course, I could be wrong and have been many, many times.

I just received my Aventus K01 batch from an online store. Upon first spray i get a hit of both fruits and ash. Both very strong. The ash smell reminds me of the smell of cigarette smoke on someones leather jacket. Anyone else get this? Top notes also heavily remind me of Chanel Bleu (which i love).

Will see how the drydown goes.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyboy View Post
    Forza..if none of the three smell good..which batch does?????
    Is this whole discussion about buying an awfully expensive product from a reliable, honest source, or about the chances of winning the lottery?

Just got my 120ml Aventus a couple of days ago...lot C42B10KO3

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeltov View Post
    Is this whole discussion about buying an awfully expensive product from a reliable, honest source, or about the chances of winning the lottery?
    Unfortunately if feels like the latter, especially since it seems like there are more than 7 different batches.
    Current top 5
    1. Creed Vintage Tabaróme
    2. Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue pour le Soir
    3. Comme des Garçons 8 88
    4. Montale Black Musk
    5. Profumum Antico Caruso

I Just noticed that get more pineapple on paper. On my skin i get more ash.

LOT C42B10K02 Unhappy...

Does anyone have this batch? I bought it from Neiman Marcus. This batch smells very smokey from the get go. I get the pineapple top note but that's about it. No french apples. No black currants. The heart notes are missing too. No rose, jasmine, or patchouli just birch. The sample I received from The Perfumed Court smells amazing. All the fruity top notes are there. As the dry down continues I can detect the birch note but it's held way back allowing plenty of room for the other heart notes to breathe. This is the Aventus I love and was expecting to get. What I ended up with reeks so much of smoke/ash that it gives me a headache. Totally unacceptable. Especially for the amount of $$$ this fragrance cost.

Quote Originally Posted by fragrancesplatter View Post
    LOT C42B10K02 Unhappy...

Does anyone have this batch? I bought it from Neiman Marcus. This batch smells very smokey from the get go. I get the pineapple top note but that's about it. No french apples. No black currants. The heart notes are missing too. No rose, jasmine, or patchouli just birch. The sample I received from The Perfumed Court smells amazing. All the fruity top notes are there. As the dry down continues I can detect the birch note but it's held way back allowing plenty of room for the other heart notes to breathe. This is the Aventus I love and was expecting to get. What I ended up with reeks so much of smoke/ash that it gives me a headache. Totally unacceptable. Especially for the amount of $$$ this fragrance cost.

NM will let you return it.

Does anyone here with a good bottle with all the fruity notes, get any smoke smell at all??

Quote Originally Posted by Johno View Post
    Does anyone here with a good bottle with all the fruity notes, get any smoke smell at all??

Nope.

No smoke, more of a leather.

Jazznpool, i agree. I gave it another wear this morning and i still only get the slight pineapple opening, then the heavy leather/smokey drydown. Then gets alittle powdery after that. Nothing else. No other notes detected.

The stuff i have lasts a looooong time on my skin. Its very strong. After i showered etc it is still very detectable on my skin. Very potent stuff.

LOT C42B10K02 Unhappy...

I am sure Creed will weep all the way to the bank...

Really, is there any other major, uber-expensive house reported to be so irresponsibly inconsistent and to screw up so much and so often?

I am sure Creed will weep all the way to the bank...

Really, is there any other major, uber-expensive house reported to be so irresponsibly inconsistent and to screw up so much and so often?
    Oy Vey. Your conclusion is a gross exaggeration of reality. I wonder if you're the same guy that got bounced here a few times under yet a different name. Time will tell. You sound like his twin. He was a Creed hater too. Fortunately, Creed will go on making fine fragrances that many of us can enjoy regardless. It would be great if every batch of every fragrance was perfectly consistent at the highest level...but that is not the real world.

Martin

Obviously the problem with Creed is a lot worse than not being "perfectly consistent at the highest level". Other than that, no reason to be aggressive and silly, Jazz. Answer the arguments, don't call other people names.

Is there any other major perfume house regarding the products of which separate threads discussing gross batches inconsistencies gather hundreds of posts?

Does anyone know how batch C42B10K03 is?

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    Does anyone know how batch C42B10K03 is?
    I received a 4 oz bottle of that batch as a Christmas gift. It was very ashy, and literally no pineapple. See page one of this thread. I was very unhappy with it.

I'm very unhappy with C42B10K02. Almost identical batch numbers. Do you still have batch C42B10K03? Just wondering if the fruit notes have ripened and the annoying smokey smell has gone away.

Smile update==> received Aventus Batch #A42B10K04

A42B10K04 is the batch I just received when ordering a 4oz directly from the boutique. I'll wear it tomorrow and I'll report back in on this thread here while I'm at work. I don't know if this batch anyone has. LOL this is crazy. I'm scared to even open it.

Default Re: update==> received Aventus Batch #A42B10K04

Isn't there a thread specifically for this purpose?

ya, but I posted yesterday letting people know what batch to expect if you order from the boutique right now. I was hoping my post didn't get moved here because although it pertains to batch numbers, it's also inferring what you would get if you bought aventus at this point in time from the boutique.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe81 View Post
    ya, but I posted yesterday letting people know what batch to expect if you order from the boutique right now. I was hoping my post didn't get moved here because although it pertains to batch numbers, it's also inferring what you would get if you bought aventus at this point in time from the boutique.
    It did get merged because we don't really need two threads about Aventus batch numbers.

I just received my order from the NYC Boutique- Lot number: A42B11NO1-

very ashy, zero fruit.

I called and they will exchange it, but how many times? I am beyond frustrated with this.....ready to buy Old Spice!

Last week I went to Neiman Marcus and found out there are new bottles of Aventus starting with the letter S? Has anyone recently bought Aventus that came from a lot/batch starting with the letter S?

Last week I went to Neiman Marcus and found out there are new bottles of Aventus starting with the letter S? Has anyone recently bought Aventus that came from a lot/batch starting with the letter S?
    You should just get a decant and test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by drchipinski View Post
    I just received my order from the NYC Boutique- Lot number: A42B11NO1-
    very ashy, zero fruit. I called and they will exchange it, but how many times? I am beyond frustrated with this.....ready to buy Old Spice!
    Sorry to hear that Doc. I would have bet that newer batches of Aventus would be problem free. I'll have to sample that lot to see what it is like. I'm glad to have purchased a good supply of the C42B10J01 lot when it was around.

Martin

Hey folks how would you compare Aventus batch #A42B10K02 TO #C4210E01?

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Hey folks how would you compare Aventus batch #A42B10K02 TO #C4210E01?
    If anyone has batch A42B10K02, and would like to trade a decant of it for a decant of C4210E01, I'm down.

For now I can give a detailed bit on C4210E01. So far, C4210E01 has the least ashy/smokey/birch note of all the batches I've tried, and the most Black Currant and Apple, a very "peel like" Apple note, closest to Cereus #4's "Realistic Apple Peel" of any Aventus batch. C4210E01 is my favorite fruity batch, as I wasn't a huge fan of the pineapple, but love the Apple peel, coniferous Juniper Berry, Bergamot, and the cassis is ok I guess. A4210E01 is probably the best equal balance of all 3 major fruit notes (Apple, Cassis, Pineapple), but I slightly prefer C4210E01, for letting the apple peel shine thru. I've tried all Aventus batches listed on basenotes either thru first hand testing or decants, except the new batches beginning in "S", and batch A42B10K02. As well as two batches I have no interest in trying: C42B10K04, A42B10J02....both of which have been reported by multiple noses I trust here and on crystal flacon as very weak, ashy batches. Thanks to everyone out there on youtube and crysta flacon and especially here on Basenotes for being honest, and holding Creed accountable for such inconsistency.

A42b10k03 is rich in Pineapple and "Vanilla", not so much on apple or birch...... is A42b10k02 likewise, or with a different emphasis ?

Sometimes I think all this batch number stuff is just people's imagination, but then I remember trying like hell to find a bottle of Himalaya that smelled like the sample someone gave me-- I must have tried ten different Himalayas, including a tester at Nieman Marcus, and I had to just give up and call it a day. I know the frustration.

As much as I want to call it a quality control issue, I just don't know. Obviously, their perfumes do contain some synthetics-- so there shouldn't be any variances there. With natural materials, of course, there are always differences.

For what it's worth, when I sampled Aventus at NM, I didn't care for it at first, because the topnotes were kind of weak and bland, but then an hour later I really started to notice the drydown-- it had a lot of birch tar smokiness, which I liked quite a bit. I was expecting one thing but got something else with this one. Don't know what the batch number was.

How about everybody call Creed NY tomorrow and complain about Aventus batch variation. I'm sure with 100 calls in one day, they'll get the message.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    How about everybody call Creed NY tomorrow and complain about Aventus batch variation. I'm sure with 100 calls in one day, they'll get the message.
    Done. Everybody call when you read this for the next few weeks. A general complaint is strength/longevity....and general inconsistency and weakness/lack of strength....in aventus and much of the rest of the line for the last 18-24 months. Add whatever else you feel. But do call.

Dullah,

Excellent post and I agree that C4210e01 is probably the best batch yet, the new one I received A4210BK02 is very good also but I notice I'n the middle notes the birch is a lot stronger and smells almost like rubber Not a huge difference but you can definitely
    tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Sometimes I think all this batch number stuff is just people's imagination, but then I remember trying like hell to find a bottle of Himalaya that smelled like the sample someone gave me-- I must have tried ten different Himalayas, including a tester at Nieman Marcus, and I had to just give up and call it a day. I know the frustration.

As much as I want to call it a quality control issue, I just don't know. Obviously, their perfumes do contain some synthetics-- so there shouldn't be any variances there. With natural materials, of course, there are always differences.

For what it's worth, when I sampled Aventus at NM, I didn't care for it at first, because the topnotes were kind of weak and bland, but then an hour later I really started to notice the drydown-- it had a lot of birch tar smokiness, which I liked quite a bit. I was expecting one thing but got something else with this one. Don't know what the batch number was.

I respectfully disagree sir, there are definitely differences I'n variation when it comes to notes, sillage, and longevity. I will say this though I only notice batch differences with aventus, mi, and git. The rest have been extremely consistent for me over the years. I cant understand why though....

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I respectfully disagree sir, there are definitely differences I'n variation when it comes to notes, sillage, and longevity. I will say this though I only notice batch differences with aventus, mi, and git. The rest have been extremely consistent for me over the years. I cant understand why though....
    Those also happen to be their most popular ones..... if they are selling like hot cakes, they have to make more, and they are decreasing quality with mass production to inflate their revenues.
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Just got my 120ml Aventus a couple of days ago...lot C42B10KO3
    I just received my 50ml decant of this exact batch from the a split Ash just hosted and just from initially spraying a napkin i can see there is literally no pineapple detected after 10minutes and very smokey. Obvously this is not Ash's is fault by any means since he has no control of this, but i am extremely disappointed to have spent my hard earned money and stuck with something i don't know if i will be wearing. I still have some of my 30ml decant left that i received from Dullah back in December and it's like im smelling almost 2 different scents.

I will give this a full wearing and report back to you all , but dam i do not want to walk around smelling like an fkn ash tray

This topic is hilarious.

Plunging down all this money for an inconsistent product that smells like fruit.
    If you want to smell fruity, go for a new designer fragrance.

I don't want to piss off Creed fans or Aventus fans, but this amateurism of Creed makes no sense at all.
    I wouldn't even want to spend 1 dollar on such a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    This topic is hilarious.

Plunging down all this money for an inconsistent product that smells like fruit.
    If you want to smell fruity, go for a new designer fragrance.
    Lucy (Lucille Ball) had a much better solution:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AGkG1LYOrc

Lucy (Lucille Ball) had a much better solution:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AGkG1LYOrc
    Maybe this is the way Creed is producing their fragrances.
    I can surely see some inconsistency, depending on the person's feet and how sweaty they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Maybe this is the way Creed is producing their fragrances.
    I can surely see some inconsistency, depending on the person's feet and how sweaty they are.
    Sshhh, be careful, remember Woody Allen's semi-obscure, quasi-futuristic masterpiece Sleeper.

At some point the "hero," played by Woody Allen himself, uses a humongous strawberry to kill a man.

Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yFM1...eature=related

you can see what a Royal Banana looks like (0:35).

Do you realize what kind of hurt a Creed Royal Pineapple could cause, in the angry yet capable hands of disgruntled pseudo-royalty?

The mind shudders.

Sshhh, be careful, remember Woody Allen's semi-obscure, quasi-futuristic masterpiece Sleeper.

At some point the "hero," played by Woody Allen himself, uses a humongous strawberry to kill a man.

Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yFM1...eature=related

you can see what a Royal Banana looks like (0:35).

Do you realize what kind of hurt a Creed Royal Pineapple could cause, in the angry yet capable hands of disgruntled pseudo-royalty?

The mind shudders.
    Do you want to kill me, mister Creed Rep?

I am giving my decant it's first wearing today and im having trouble detecting it on me. It's batch C42B10KO3. I'll let you know if anyone else notices it on me, but i sprayed it on pretty heavey but really can not detect any fragrances on me, so i guess i'm suffereing from what others have mentioned where the scent comes and goes?

Just got back from the King of Prussia Mall in PA. I first stopped at Nordstrom's and asked if they had Aventus. The woman said, "I wish we did. We had three people already today asking for it". I knew then that finding an old batch would be difficult. After that I went to Neiman Marcus where I had purchased a bottle of C4210E01 the first week it was available. I told the woman I was looking for some of that batch number. We checked all their bottles, but no go. Every bottle from the smallest to the flacons were from known bad batches. Of course the tester was C4210E01. I should have taken it and ran. lol There will be some disappointed people who smelled the tester and got the ashy bottles.

So far this has not been a good experience for my first wearing. I literally detect zero fragrance at all and haven't all morning. I just feel like i'm not wearing anything. I asked someone to take a sniff and they said it smelted great, however i smell NOTHING.

Whats the enjoyment if i can't even smell it? This is not the case with the other decant i have. I sprayed pretty heavy as well.

So what batch number amd i tryign to track down if i want the fruity notes and the strength that some people have that gives them 8-10+hrs? I don't mind the ash note but i just want a batch better blended so i can detect the fruits as well. Currently i have a 50ml decant of C42B10KO3, and i feel this one has the pineapple note but it seems to come and go a bit and is a bit too ashy but not as bad as some other batches.

have only ever gotten one bottle of a certain creed so far. GIT, MI, and Aventus. I am waiting till the next time when I buy all new bottles for these and see if there really is SUUUUUUUCH a big difference in the fragrance. It makes no sense to give a fragrance a name if it always smells different every time you buy it? Right? It shouldn't have a name brand such as Creed, but instead something like morphological EDT

also who else is selling this outside of neimens and creed boutique? i checked several online dealers and none seem to have it.

Default Re: Aventus owners

Quote Originally Posted by Forza View Post
    There are still lots of inconsistencies even when it comes to the same batch I believe. I have C4210E01 and while it smells great the longevity simply blows. I sprayed generously on my wrist and shirt at 2 am before going to sleep and by 8 am there is absolutely no trace!
    Have you tried to contact Creed yourself?
    We can expend hours and hours discussing this subject, however I believe Creed will be more than happy to answer your enquiry.

Mostly fruit for me.

I contacted the Creed boutique and the current batches of 4oz bottles of Aventus they have in stock are the ones that have been labled on this site as the "ashy" batch with little to no fruit. It sucks that we don't have more options of places to purchase this, i checked with Neimens as well, and the batch they have falls in this category as well. I guess there are no current batches circulating that are worthy of purchasing? I really would like to find a pretty good one so i can just buy it and get this over with! I do like the scent a lot and still enjoy the decant of C42B10KO3, but i want more fruit!

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    I contacted the Creed boutique and the current batches of 4oz bottles of Aventus they have in stock are the ones that have been labled on this site as the "ashy" batch with little to no fruit. It sucks that we don't have more options of places to purchase this, i checked with Neimens as well, and the batch they have falls in this category as well. I guess there are no current batches circulating that are worthy of purchasing? I really would like to find a pretty good one so i can just buy it and get this over with! I do like the scent a lot and still enjoy the decant of C42B10KO3, but i want more fruit!
    Look at the Creed website and contact the Creed counter of the other sellers such as the selected Bloomingdales, Nordstroms and Saks. I picked up a flacon of Aventus C42B10J02 that way when other channels were out of stock. I hope that helps.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    Look at the Creed website and contact the Creed counter of the other sellers such as the selected Bloomingdales, Nordstroms and Saks. I picked up a flacon of Aventus C42B10J02 that way when other channels were out of stock. I hope that helps.

Martin
    Thanks for the suggestion! Is C42B10J02 a batch with good longevity and fruits?

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion! Is C42B10J02 a batch with good longevity and fruits?
    I'm very satisfied with it and made a point to get enough to last a long time. If you're not happy with that lot, you won't be happy with any.

Martin