Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

C4210E01 is by far the best batch of Aventus...

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    C4210E01 is by far the best batch of Aventus...
    Where did you get your bottle from?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    Look at the Creed website and contact the Creed counter of the other sellers such as the selected Bloomingdales, Nordstroms and Saks. I picked up a flacon of Aventus C42B10J02 that way when other channels were out of stock. I hope that helps.

Martin
    Just wanted to chiime in to share that i contacted roughly 9 retailers in Florida, primaily south florida since they hae so many high end department stores andall of them were carrying the known bad batches. Looks like it maybe be pretty impossilbe to find a good batch. Might have to look outside of Florida since i'm sure the turnover rate of product is very rapid here and look into a smaller town who may be carrying an older batch....yes i know, wishful thinking lol

I'm not in the group that wants no ash and all fruit, i dont mind a bit of the leather/ash vibe as long as its well blended and fruits stick out more. There has to be a batch out there!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    C4210E01 is one of the first releases. Doubt you can find it other than a trade or buy from someone.

Default Aventus experts - identify pineapple/apple batches by lot number?

Hi guys

Can any of you Aventus guys tell me if you can use lot number to determine which batch of Aventus you're getting? I have a chance to buy a 4 oz flacon for $220 USD shipped. The lot number is

C42B10K03

Seller says it's the 'newest' lot number, and that it's from the Creed NYC boutique.

Does that tell us anything? In one of the 'Aventus isn't all that' threads there's a bit of complaining about how the formulation is hit and miss and you never know which version you're getting. At $200+, i would like to know.

Any comments are appreciated.

Nik

Default Re: Aventus experts - identify pineapple/apple batches by lot number?

Sorry guys, I almost always use the search function before posting. Thanks to kron for this

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...-batch-numbers

Got a new 250ml flacon this morning for the latest basenotes split: C42B11N01

First thing, I've got this flacon sat on my table a metre and a half away from the computer and its absolutely dominating the Czech & Speake no88 I'm wearing today.

The top notes are excellent and the Pineapple/Apple peel/Currant have a richness which supass the 10ml decant C4210E01 that I've got. The heart notes are a little more prominant and this also has more evident depth than my 10ml as the basenotes are well blended and compliment the whole composition.

It feels overall more masculine.

I might do another split in a week as I quite like this one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post

First thing, I've got this flacon sat on my table a metre and a half away from the computer and its absolutely dominating the Czech & Speake no88 I'm wearing today.

The top notes are excellent and the Pineapple/Apple peel/Currant have a richness which supass the 10ml decant C4210E01 that I've got. The heart notes are a little more prominant and this also has more evident depth than my 10ml as the basenotes are well blended and compliment the whole composition.

Where did you purchase this?

Creed UK

good to see that 2011 looks like a good year for this great Frago

I agree but it also has poor longevity. I got mine at Neiman shortly after Aventus came out.
    Current top 5
    1. Creed Vintage Tabaróme
    2. Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue pour le Soir
    3. Comme des Garçons 8 88
    4. Montale Black Musk
    5. Profumum Antico Caruso

I'd hardly call 10+ hours poor longevity.

When I tried it it lasted about 80 minutes on me. Way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeltov View Post
    When I tried it it lasted about 80 minutes on me. Way too much.
    Glad you liked this fine CREED release.

Quote Originally Posted by M.T. View Post
    Glad you liked this fine CREED release.
    Man, I do have to work on intelligibility... (/:

Man, I do have to work on intelligibility... (/:
    No need, I'm sure everyone here knows your dislike for The House of CREED.

Thank you , have a nice day.

Thank you, MT, I am relieved, have a nice day yourself.

Aventus may be a lot of things, but surely not poor longevity lol. i woke up the next day with it still on my wrists!

Yeah, that's the only knock on C4210E01, is the weaker than optimal longevity. It's the best proportion of bergamot (I think they use less now or the sunscreen ingredient in newer batches maybe lessens the bergamot impact), apple, currant I think, as evidenced at high application. And I like the fact that the base, while weak in C4210E01, is very bright and fresh, not too much birch or otherwise heavy/masculine notes.

Don't get me wrong, I love the longevity I get from the more masculine base of C42B10J01, but it could stand a little more optimism/sweetness/brightness to it.

I'm very eager to try the newest lot number you describe, and am contemplating blind buying a flacon of that lot if indeed it is that strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Livingdead View Post
    i woke up the next day with it still on my wrists!
    It sounds like the beginning of a creepy yet haunting Hitchcock movie.

I recommend lye.

I'd love to be in on a split if there is one!

Does anyone know what batch they are selling at Creeds online store in the US?

It sounds like the beginning of a creepy yet haunting Hitchcock movie.

I recommend lye.
    nahh i like Hitchcock movies.

We've been receiving a lot of requests from basenotes members for the 8.4 oz. lot number so I though I would post the answer here. The only ones we currently have in stock are C42B10K04. We received these particular bottles about 1 - 2 months ago.

Raffy
    Parfums Raffy

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpoos View Post
    Does anyone know what batch they are selling at Creeds online store in the US?
    The batch is A42B11N01. I bought the 4 oz flank last week from the Creed Boutique. Overall it smells great. I smell a lot of blackcurrant in the opening but I'm okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffy View Post
    We've been receiving a lot of requests from basenotes members for the 8.4 oz. lot number so I though I would post the answer here. The only ones we currently have in stock are C42B10K04. We received these particular bottles about 1 - 2 months ago.

Raffy
    Parfums Raffy
    This is the same batch number i received from a recent flacon split. Does have pineapple in the opening but its tamed down from earlier batches. I do notice that the pineapple accord does come back at different times of the day, like its playing tricks with my nose but overall it does have the smokey/ash note in there for sure

Quote Originally Posted by fragrancesplatter View Post
    The batch is A42B11N01. I bought the 4 oz flank last week from the Creed Boutique. Overall it smells great. I smell a lot of blackcurrant in the opening but I'm okay with that.
    someone mentioend that this batch has little to no pineapple at all...is this true?

someone mentioend that this batch has little to no pineapple at all...is this true?
    I can definitely detect the pineapple note but I also get the smokey/ash note in almost equal proportions. At least the smoke/ash note isn't as prominent as the batch I bought last month.

I can definitely detect the pineapple note but I also get the smokey/ash note in almost equal proportions. At least the smoke/ash note isn't as prominent as the batch I bought last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffy View Post

Raffy
    Parfums Raffy
    Bad batch........ way too ashy.
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

I just purchased a bottle from batch A42B11N01 a couple days ago. Although I have not tried any other batch, this one smells good. I can smell the fruit and leather/ash. One thing it doesnt lack is longevity. It lasts forever. I applied it at 10:30 before I went to work and when I got home at 8, I could still smell it. What suprised me though was that right when I got out of my car when I got home, my friend said he could smell me. Even after I shower, it still lingers there.

Quote Originally Posted by spotxc View Post
    I just purchased a bottle from batch A42B11N01 a couple days ago. Although I have not tried any other batch, this one smells good. I can smell the fruit and leather/ash. One thing it doesnt lack is longevity. It lasts forever. I applied it at 10:30 before I went to work and when I got home at 8, I could still smell it. What suprised me though was that right when I got out of my car when I got home, my friend said he could smell me. Even after I shower, it still lingers there.
    Welcome to BaseNotes, Louis. Again. And again. (-:

My name is Adam not Louis. I just joined for the first time. Sorry, you're mistaking me for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Yeah, that's the only knock on C4210E01, is the weaker than optimal longevity. It's the best proportion of bergamot (I think they use less now or the sunscreen ingredient in newer batches maybe lessens the bergamot impact), apple, currant I think, as evidenced at high application. And I like the fact that the base, while weak in C4210E01, is very bright and fresh, not too much birch or otherwise heavy/masculine notes.

Don't get me wrong, I love the longevity I get from the more masculine base of C42B10J01, but it could stand a little more optimism/sweetness/brightness to it.

I'm very eager to try the newest lot number you describe, and am contemplating blind buying a flacon of that lot if indeed it is that strong.
    Aventus dominating No.88?

Are you sure?????

I find that really REALLY difficult to believe.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    Aventus dominating No.88?

Are you sure?????

I find that really REALLY difficult to believe.
    THAT'S what I'm sayin, yo !!

C42B11N01, my Aventus batch number from my split with Kron. I have to say, it surpasses my expectations! I've a couple of samples from Les Senteurs, but this is something else. All the fruits are bursting through the top, and I cannot detect any ash/smoke at this point (20mins of wearing). If it were the sample I would be smelling ash by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Livingdead View Post
    C42B11N01, my Aventus batch number from my split with Kron. I have to say, it surpasses my expectations! I've a couple of samples from Les Senteurs, but this is something else. All the fruits are bursting through the top, and I cannot detect any ash/smoke at this point (20mins of wearing). If it were the sample I would be smelling ash by now.
    How about the florals or patchouli? Are they strong ? Or the final drydown of Moss/floral/musk/"vanilla"/Ambergris ?? How does the drydown compare scentwise/strengthwise to your previous sample ?

Florals are strong. Been about an hour now with just one spray on my wrist, can safely say that the drydown is more....soothing....than the previous sample. less ash. more moss, musk and ambergis. can't really tell about the vanilla though.

Is anyone doing a split or have decants with this new batch mentioned? If not, where can we locate this since i have not see any store carry this specific batch

I tried to send you a message but inbox was full. Please do let us know if you are doing another split with this exact batch

Sorry, I've been getting alot of messages lately.

I will do another split of that Aventus!, If you could send me a PM about it or reply to the topic in my signature I'll reserve a spot for you on the second flacon.

The entire batch thing makes me crazy....I call a number of stores (including the Creed in NYC) and the SA must think I am crazy...can you please tell me what lot numbers you have?

I had the first batch "C" which was the fruitiest but had NO longevity and was pretty weak. The newest batches lack the same opening but have a stronger longevity.

The entire batch thing makes me crazy....I call a number of stores (including the Creed in NYC) and the SA must think I am crazy...can you please tell me what lot numbers you have?

I had the first batch "C" which was the fruitiest but had NO longevity and was pretty weak. The newest batches lack the same opening but have a stronger longevity.

Bumping this thread. Does anyone know when Aventus will be available in the 500 ml flacons? Seems like this would make splits quite a bit cheaper. Maybe someone can ask their Creed Rep. about this.

I did ask today but Creed UK won't stock anything above 250ml unfortunately. I managed to get another C42B11NO1 flacon for the people in the second Aventus split. It was that or the ashy A42B10KO4 which no one likes.

What price do the other 500ml flacons go for in the states?
    Last edited by Kron; 29th June 2011 at 07:25 AM.

Got mine from Harrods (London, UK) at the weekend. 120ml / 4oz bottle with batch number A42B10K04. Sales rep told me these were "fresh stock".

Should I try and get Harrods to replace it with one from another batch? Even though I've opened/used mine a couple of times? I am not good at arguing so not sure how they'll react...
    Last edited by rum; 30th June 2011 at 09:00 AM.

I just win a bid on the Aventus, the seller says the batch is A42B11N01..

How good or bad this batch is?

Quote Originally Posted by blackice View Post

it's the exact same as all the other "batches". this is now a 5-page long study in the power of delusion and crowds.

I'll be getting the decant split bottle from kRon in a day or two, if it met my expectation i'll definitely getting the 4 oz bottle with the same batch.

Quote Originally Posted by vox View Post
    I'll be getting the decant split bottle from kRon in a day or two, if it met my expectation i'll definitely getting the 4 oz bottle with the same batch.
    I literally just received my package at work from Kron and today my SOTD just so happens to be aventus, so i figured why not give it a quick sample and off the top my first impression is this is defintely strong stuff, i sprayed a small amount on the top of my wrist and i'm catches whiffs of it while i type on my laptop. Pineapple note is there and so far out of all the batches i've smelled this is the most well blended of the bunch. I do not detect any strong ashy notes at all, if anyting its more oa leather vibe with the pineapple equally as strong.

Very pleased with this purchase and i HOPE that this is a sign that future batches will be this good and they finally got their "stuff" together when it comes to putting out a some what consistent product...OR maybe this is the only batch that smells like this lol.

^ i'm wondering if Creed UK would ship to Australia... Might give them a call, hapefully they do.

Quote Originally Posted by blackice View Post

I believe you'll be in great shape with that one. There was a batch or two previously spoken about that were sub par. I know this from my own direct experience with them. I believe the issues have been corrected--at least for now

Martin

Martin

With regard to Kron's Aventus splits (C42B11N01) and longevity.

I wore my Aventus to work the day after I received my split. I applied at about 8.50am to a very different fragrance (top notes) than I expected. I had sampled Aventus when it had just came out, liked it very much. In my sample sent to me for free by CREED UK there were no fresh/sharp notes in the top, we went straight into the middle, skipping the pineapple and blackcurrant (at least the sharper side of the blackcurrant). C42B11N01 has the top notes I expected when reading reviews, very nice, and they settle and compliment the middle and base.

Anyway, longevity - I received a compliment from a girl when leaving work at the end of the day, this was around 8.5 hours after application. I could no longer smell it on myself, but obviously it lingers. The girl kinda followed me around when she had the chance the next day (unfortunately for her I didn't have Aventus on).

So, C42B11N01 = great top notes and great longevity.

I think you guys are paranoid..

In my opinion C4210E01 is the best batch of Aventus I have tried yet. It is also one of the first to come out, I only have a small amount left and the longevity is amazing on my skin. I recently purchased A42B10K02 and it has more "ash" in it and the longevity is not as good. I'm looking for a batch that is rich in fruit like C4210E01, can anyone help?

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by drchipinski View Post

WE aren't paranoid, this is all fact!! Every batch Ive smelled of Aventus, GIT, and MI is different. I called the boutique last week and asked for a specific batch of MI which they thankfully had!

Anyone with the "ashy" batch, please PM, I want to experience this batch difference myself. Perhaps we can swap 1ml samples or something.
    -

If there are 5 more people that would like me to set up another Aventus split for C42B11NO1 please send me a PM or post in my topic in the for sale forum and I'll sort something out for you guys.

Ok guys I'n ready to buy another aventus bottle, what are the good batches out there? I'm looking for strong pineapple and less ash, along with good longevity...please help

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Ok guys I'n ready to buy another aventus bottle, what are the good batches out there? I'm looking for strong pineapple and less ash, along with good longevity...please help
    Caveat Emptor!

Good luck on your search.