Code of Conduct
Page 53 of 198 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 5913

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

Quote Originally Posted by buckjunkie View Post
    Found three different batches on Ebay.C01, E01 and F01. Decided to try F01. Ordered from seller Perfume4us. I hope it's authentic. Same price as Amazon, but I got to pick out of the batches he has. I just hope worrying about batch numbers didn't get me a fake!
    I have E01 and F01, they are both identical, and one of my favorites. Can't go wrong with these

I tried a decant of aventus and am very disappointed. It didn't last more than 3 hours non my skin and smelt smokey totally different from a sample I tried in John Lewis. The batch I got in a decant was A42B12C02

Sent from my Nexus 7

yeah my e01 2012 batch doesnt last more than 4 hours on my skin, try spraying on your clothes, it lasts 48 hours on my clothes

Just ordered from 99Perfume and will be receiving a A42B12C01 batch. Hope its a good batch ... I'll report back once it arrives.

Basenotes Member

I have a sample vial of an A01 that smells great and last a long time on the skin. I have a decant of E01 and it doesn't smell as good and doesn't last.

Quote Originally Posted by Bettz View Post
    I tried a decant of aventus and am very disappointed. It didn't last more than 3 hours non my skin and smelt smokey totally different from a sample I tried in John Lewis. The batch I got in a decant was A42B12C02

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Many people have complained about that batch. I got a bottle of it from Fragrancenet and I really like it. Smells great. So far I've only tried it on in the evening so I didn't give it a full day's testing regarding the longevity, but from what I experience so far I'm happy with it. My wife really likes the scent too.

I do get smoke, but I also get the pineapple. It also has a prominent leather vibe in the dry down.

Basenotes Member

I have a sample vial of an A01 that smells great and last a long time on the skin. I have a decant of E01 and it doesn't smell as good and doesn't last.
    I donīt understand this.
    I'm getting tired of this thread, it makes no sense, I think the same perfume will be seen in many different ways.
    I have this same batch A42B12E01, as other members have said the sillage during 4-6 hours is very strong, and then stay close to skin, but keep coming pineapple gusts to 10 -12 hours, is a beast in sillage and longevity.
    I keep smelling until 14 to 16 hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelan75 View Post
    I donīt understand this.
    I'm getting tired of this thread, it makes no sense
    Have you smelled multiple batches? Tested multiple batches?
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Basenotes Member

I donīt understand this.
    I'm getting tired of this thread, it makes no sense, I think the same perfume will be seen in many different ways.
    I have this same batch A42B12E01, as other members have said the sillage during 4-6 hours is very strong, and then stay close to skin, but keep coming pineapple gusts to 10 -12 hours, is a beast in sillage and longevity.
    We are talking the same batch A42B12E01
    Last edited by miguelan75; 7th March 2013 at 09:09 PM.

I donīt understand this.
    Its true. There is basically no discernible difference in any of the batches. Its easier to humor people than to argue with them though.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Its true. There is basically no discernible difference in any of the batches. Its easier to humor people than to argue with them though.
    Do you hold the belief that all batches have the same projection/longevity as well?

Quote Originally Posted by SirSmells View Post
    Do you hold the belief that all batches have the same projection/longevity as well?
    They all have the same performance, it's the person who is applying them that makes them different.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    They all have the same performance, it's the person who is applying them that makes them different.
    Your statement is bunk. The ones I've tried certainly all havent had the same performance on my skin.

Try X02 or Z01 from 2011 if you can get your hands on them, then try the E01 from 2012. Certainly you'll notice differences.

Your statement is bunk. The ones I've tried certainly all havent had the same performance on my skin.

Try X02 or Z01 from 2011 if you can get your hands on them, then try the E01 from 2012. Certainly you'll notice differences.
    if your getting longevity issues then just spray on you're clothes!

All three that I've had did the same thing in performance, one of them being X02.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Basenotes Member

Tried the F01 yesterday. Very good longevity.

Got A42B12F01 black logo from Ljshopping. Very, very smokey, almost no pineapple. The dry down is the same as the sample I received (pretty great, lasts a good 10-14 hours), once you get past smelling like a firepit for an hour or so. I'm hoping it's just really fresh juice that hasn't gotten all it's character yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RiChess View Post
    Got A42B12F01 black logo from Ljshopping. Very, very smokey, almost no pineapple. The dry down is the same as the sample I received (pretty great, lasts a good 10-14 hours), once you get past smelling like a firepit for an hour or so. I'm hoping it's just really fresh juice that hasn't gotten all it's character yet.
    That batch smells amazing and exactly the same as every other batch of Aventus.

Lol you guys are starting to crack me up with this batch variation discussion. Some of you guys are just trying too hard

Is the C42B12E01 the same as A42B12E01?

My decant is of the C42B12E01, but when everyone refers to e01, they seem to be referring to A42B12E01 batch. I'm guessing it's basically the exact same, but the different letters in the beginning.

The C42B12E01 is extremely smokey. I can only smell it for 20 seconds or so, then I become completely anosmic to Aventus and literally have to press my nose against my skin and inhale as deeply as possible just to smell it.

Yes, the same mate

Quote Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post
    Is the C42B12E01 the same as A42B12E01?

My decant is of the C42B12E01, but when everyone refers to e01, they seem to be referring to A42B12E01 batch. I'm guessing it's basically the exact same, but the different letters in the beginning.

The C42B12E01 is extremely smokey. I can only smell it for 20 seconds or so, then I become completely anosmic to Aventus and literally have to press my nose against my skin and inhale as deeply as possible just to smell it.
    They are the same batch, the first letter just represents bottle size.

Ah, I see. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    Yes, the same mate
    Thought so. Thanks for the speedy reply.

Anybody else get really anosmic to Aventus? Just STOP smelling it after literally 20-30 seconds, then get wafts of it over the next 4-6 hours?

Apparently this seems to be a common case with Aventus. I did a Google search and read that this happens to a lot of people with Aventus, where they will stop smelling it, think the scent has died but receive a random compliment hours later.

Obviously olfactory fatigue will set in with other scents, but this doesn't happen to me with others like it does Aventus.

^^^Happens to me 9 out 10 times I wear it. Cant smell it after just a few seconds. Really sucks.

Basenotes Member

I have a sample from A01, a decant of E01 and a bottle of F01. Once they dry, they are all the same.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Xerbia View Post
    That batch smells amazing and exactly the same as every other batch of Aventus.

Lol you guys are starting to crack me up with this batch variation discussion. Some of you guys are just trying too hard
    LOL I agree, this thread is almost a parody. I bought a bottle of Aventus and disposed of all the batch numbers and all that nonsense immedietly. All I know is it smells nice and there seems little point to getting neurotic about it. Just tell yourself you have the very cream of the best batch ever produced and enjoy the hell out of it.
    Currently wearing: Back to Black by By Kilian

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    LOL I agree, this thread is almost a parody. I bought a bottle of Aventus and disposed of all the batch numbers and all that nonsense immedietly. All I know is it smells nice and there seems little point to getting neurotic about it. Just tell yourself you have the very cream of the best batch ever produced and enjoy the hell out of it.
    This. I agree 100%.

So, an "S" means it's a 4oz bottle? I assume this since I own a 4oz and my batch begins with an S. Which letters mean what? I'm guessing that "C" means it's from a huge flacon, right? Is "A" a 2.5oz bottle? They have five sizes (1oz, 2.5oz, 4oz, 250ml and 500ml) but I've only ever seen three letters: S, A and C. What are the other two?

I assume the following 42 or 42B means it's a code for Aventus.

That's followed by the year, which is either the 2 digits, or it's the letter plus 2 digits, and I assume B means 2000s, whereas an A would mean 1900s (of course, there is no 1900s Aventus, but there are plenty of Creed frags from the 1900s).

Then a 3 letter batch code for that year... but I wonder what the final letter and two numbers signify exactly. Is the letter one thing and the number another?

I don't know why, but I'm curious. I enjoy figuring out a system
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Back in January, I got my 50ml decant of Aventus in the mail. So excited and having never tried it out before, I sniffed and sniffed the cap and the sprayer. And then I sniffed it some more. Musk, pineapple, smoke! Smelled very nice! I was certain this would be an upcoming purchase by yours truly for... yours truly.

The next day hits, and I can hardly lie in bed any longer. I wake up, hit the shower ASAP, finish cleaning up, dry off a bit, and oh lordy Derek Jeter! I sprayed once on my chest and once on my neck! And, and, and... five seconds later, it's all gone from my nose. "Did I get a fake decant?", "What?!", "... This must be 35% Fresco and 65% water" (I don't dislike Fresco, by the way; I think it's pretty decent for $30 bucks!)... those were the thoughts running wild through my brain.

5-10 seconds of Aventus, and then I was anosmic to it. ChevChelios's post and heperd's post confirms this weird olfactory fatigue hysteria. But it's different than olfactory fatigue. With other scents, I might not be able to smell them directly after 5-30 minutes, but I get wafts throughout the day. Aventus? Nothing. But I know the juice in my decant is legitimate, because, well, uh, ah, um... I sprayed myself 11-12 times (punch me in the face), and 7-8 hours later into the day, my girlfriend came over, sat down in the chair I'd been in, and her reaction was instantly, "Oh my god! What the hell is that smell?! Why did you spray this chair down in cologne!"

Learned my lesson.

StylinLA wrote in a post (elsewhere) that there must be some synthetic note in Aventus that makes some people absolutely immune and oblivious to the smell, like how only dogs can hear dog whistles, and how there are other people hypersensitive to the same synthetic (?) note within the 'overwhelming' pineapple/musk.

Very, very disappointing. I will never buy a bottle, but I'll continue testing out the decant (with two sprays... three sprays max per use) over the following months. I don't care how good it smells to others; I will always want to smell the fragrance that's on me.

Perhaps this is a thread worthy topic. At the same rate, maybe there's been threads on this that have been done to death. At this juncture, I'm too lazy to search, so I won't create a new thread. To write something on par with the topic of batch numbers and differences, I think it's BS. One of my friends was also enamored by the smell of Aventus. From the cap/sprayer (just like yours truly). He bought a tiny vial of it to sample it, from the F01 batch. Smells the same to me. Sweeter opening, but I become completely anosmic to it, so perhaps I don't count.

I'm jealous of those of you that can smell Aventus hours after you've applied it.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    So, an "S" means it's a 4oz bottle? I assume this since I own a 4oz and my batch begins with an S. Which letters mean what? I'm guessing that "C" means it's from a huge flacon, right? Is "A" a 2.5oz bottle? They have five sizes (1oz, 2.5oz, 4oz, 250ml and 500ml) but I've only ever seen three letters: S, A and C. What are the other two?

I assume the following 42 or 42B means it's a code for Aventus.

That's followed by the year, which is either the 2 digits, or it's the letter plus 2 digits, and I assume B means 2000s, whereas an A would mean 1900s (of course, there is no 1900s Aventus, but there are plenty of Creed frags from the 1900s).

Then a 3 letter batch code for that year... but I wonder what the final letter and two numbers signify exactly. Is the letter one thing and the number another?

I don't know why, but I'm curious. I enjoy figuring out a system
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270...numbers-SOLVED!

what u can tell about this tester batch?

Page 53 of 198 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 103 153 ... LastLast