Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Lot#S42B11S01

Just received a couple of days ago from FragranceX. I got a reasonable discount so I went for it.

Zero pineapple, black currant or apple. Just an ashy scent similar to CDG Zagorsk but not as strong or interesting.
    Lasts 5 minutes. Zero sillage.
    I'm no Creed-basher like many here at Basenotes, just check out my review for Himalaya.

It's going back tomorrow.

Boo-urns!

Mrs. Creed is known to bake some killer brownies from time to time, but they do vary from batch to batch...

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Mrs. Creed is known to bake some killer brownies from time to time, but they do vary from batch to batch...
    What's the price?

zzzzzzzzzzz. Buy Aventus, or don't buy Aventus. I don't care.

Basenotes Institution

I really really wanted to buy Aventus for myself at some point. I tested it in Vegas last year and it was this gorgeous fruity pineapple-y delicious unisex scent. I am quite really scared to do so now. However I think I will test it again .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I really really wanted to buy Aventus for myself at some point. I tested it in Vegas last year and it was this gorgeous fruity pineapple-y delicious unisex scent. I am quite really scared to do so now. However I think I will test it again .
    When I tried it, it was VERY birchy. I thought the opening was so-so, but the drydown really attractive.

So after months of using my flacon of c42b10k04 I can't smell it an hour later on me. So I wore some from my bottle of A42b10k03 the other day....and it was so much more pineapple and vanilla base that you could smell all day! There is definatly a difference!

What's the current creed boutique flacon batch? Does it have a strong pineapple vanilla base?? I am not dishing out Another 370 unless it smells like my 4.0oz!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

just bought an AVENTUS batch A42B11N01, anyone pick up this lot as of late? Neiman Marcus Newport btw. THANKS!

btw i had a bottle of A42b10k04 (ordered online for Neiman Marcus.com) prior to this one which had a very noticable pineapple top note that I had returned for A42b11n01, which is much milder.... might there be a difference in the top note because of the ripening of the oils? just thought i'd put this out there.... THANKS again.

Hmm.. I got two samples of Aventus, put them in a small atomizer and wore for a couple of days. I actually really like the smell and I got a hint of smokiness, which I like and it's not an 'ashtray' note as some posters have pointed out. Quite a big difference to my nose since I know how an ashtray smells like :P

I'll order direct from Creed Boutique and hopefully I can replace if I am unhappy with it.

I can't believe that this Aventus "Lucky Dip" stall at the Creed fair is still going!!
    LOST! in scent and music

Anyone purchased any recently?

I did, got a42b10K04. got the pineapple and ashy component from the sniff test on skin, the pineapple fades a bit, more ashy, but nice

edit: The scent goes on and then it starts to become a skin scent almost immediately on me, more that way than GIT or MI. About an hour later, you get the fruity component and if you just leave your nose at say the wrist then the fruit becomes as equal as that ashy component. It does not project as much to my nose as GIT or MI, but as I have read with this scent, there may be some ingredient that makes the WEARER asnomic to it and barely can the wearer smell it when in all actuality it is as projecting or strong as say MI and GIT.

My wife did not like it when I wore it to dinner, but I wore it this morning and she said she liked it, which is what she said when I tried it in Neimans last week.
    Last edited by finsfan; 12th August 2011 at 02:25 PM.

C42B11N01 is treating me very well. I got it in Kron's split thread here.

When I first got it, I couldnt detect any fruit whatsoever - however - literally after a week or two, the pineapple/currant/apple topnotes have become much more pronounced. This stuff is amazing. I get good projection/longevity as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolfiesb View Post
    just bought an AVENTUS batch A42B11N01, anyone pick up this lot as of late? Neiman Marcus Newport btw. THANKS!
    I have this batch, the blackcurrent is very prominent In the top notes along with some pineapple. Longevity is very good...Im satisfied with this one. I also have A42b10k02 which is an excellent balance of pineapple birch and vanilla...great longevity as well. Still to this day nothing beats c4210e01, that was the Aventus beast.

I had an old sample of Aventus hanging around and forgot what it smelled like. I dabbed about 1/10th of a standard sample vial on my wrist. Feeling adventurous, I sprayed Dreamer on my upper arm, Dabbed Original Santal on my left wrist, and sprayed 1 Million on my upper arm. (I was just hanging around home yesterday evening).

The smell was great, perhaps bordering on a slightly sourness, but what is remarkable is the longevity. This morning, about 15 hours after application, Million/Dreamer/Santal, were all gone, but Aventus was still there, and decently strong as well!

Batch #: A4210E01
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Is the c42b11n01 the current at creed boutique? I don't want to get another c42b10k04 flacon. It's way weaker then my a42b10k03 bottle. No vanilla what so ever in the drydown. And can barely smell it 3 hours later.
    The vanilla in the base that bounds the pineapple and ashy together is really what makes this fragrance and helps the longevity.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Dred, dont give up so soon, as I have been want to do. I have the A42b10k01, the good batch. I swear it was gone in 3 hours. Today, I sprayed it on my chest, my neck each wrist and the back of each hand. S wear I could not smell it but it is there on the back of one of my hands pretty good and it has been 5 hours. First time I wore it, I swear the pineapple left completely. Now, I get a great balance.

I truly think that this is a fragrance that maybe OUR OWN nose grows tired of it, or immune to it, yet others can smell it. the true test is for me to wear it Sunday, to church, and ask wife to smell it 4 hours later.

Glad to hear that the newer batches in Neiman Marcus are getting closer to the originals...Hopefully, this is showing that Creed actually listens to their customers.

I just received my sample of Aventus from the Perfumed Court yesterday. According to their site they are decanting from C42B10K04. I'm really struggling to find any of the Aventus notes from the sample I got. Basically, my sample smells very similar to a slightly weaker Terre D'Hermes. Is that what Aventus is supposed to smell like? In fact, right after I put it on, my wife asked if I had put on some of her Euphoria which also has a strong peppery, pine type of smell. Since my wife and I can't smell a single bit of fruit whatsoever, I was wondering if I should contact the Perfumed Court to see if I got the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pcrisp View Post
    I just received my sample of Aventus from the Perfumed Court yesterday. According to their site they are decanting from C42B10K04. I'm really struggling to find any of the Aventus notes from the sample I got. Basically, my sample smells very similar to a slightly weaker Terre D'Hermes. Is that what Aventus is supposed to smell like? In fact, right after I put it on, my wife asked if I had put on some of her Euphoria which also has a strong peppery, pine type of smell. Since my wife and I can't smell a single bit of fruit whatsoever, I was wondering if I should contact the Perfumed Court to see if I got the right thing.
    Nope i got a 10 ml decant of the same batch from my friend and didn't get any of the aventus notes like pineapple or black current either.

Mines has horrible longevity and projection, 3 hours tops. No fruit whatsoever slightly ashy.

Honestly this experience along with a bad MI sample has really put me off creeds now.

Wow, that's a bummer. I was hoping to like it, but not when it smells like this. Oh well, I also got some others in the same order that I'll enjoy instead. haha

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    Dred, dont give up so soon, as I have been want to do. I have the A42b10k01, the good batch. I swear it was gone in 3 hours. Today, I sprayed it on my chest, my neck each wrist and the back of each hand. S wear I could not smell it but it is there on the back of one of my hands pretty good and it has been 5 hours. First time I wore it, I swear the pineapple left completely. Now, I get a great balance.

I truly think that this is a fragrance that maybe OUR OWN nose grows tired of it, or immune to it, yet others can smell it. the true test is for me to wear it Sunday, to church, and ask wife to smell it 4 hours later.
    You hit the nail on the head, Aventus does last for a long time. There will be instances where I'll spray it on my arm and I can't smell it 20 minutes later...and other instances where I'll do the same thing and can detect it 10 hours later. The key is people will always smell it, but to your nose you would have to give it a rest as olfactory fatigue plays a role with Aventus...

Well, I've had the sample of Aventus on for 7 hours and it's still smelling strong. Still, ZERO fruit or freshness, just spicy, pine tree and dirt smell. I am pretty disappointed by this.

Can someone tell me if I have cause to be concern. Got a bottle of Aventus, yes, off ebay. Smells legit. This is how it came to me, with some of the 'leather' scratched off, some of the silvering in the big Creed up top scratched off, but it has the serial number, it has the whole white nozzle head, and it has the smooth and defined lettering on the cap:

and upclose pic of the horse. also the 'leather' is sorta bubbled or crinkled/wrinkled

The pics are a bit blurry but apart from the scratched off stuff I can't see anything suspicious on them. The "leather" (personally I was actually a bit disappointed about it not being actual leather) is supposed to be wkrinkled like on your bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    The pics are a bit blurry but apart from the scratched off stuff I can't see anything suspicious on them. The "leather" (personally I was actually a bit disappointed about it not being actual leather) is supposed to be wkrinkled like on your bottle.
    in the last pic, can you see it is bubbling up, like an air bubble. That got me to thinking that the air that got under the label is causing the flaking of the faux leather. Easy enough, but then that got me to thinking poor quality control, and for a house like Creed, got me to thinking they would not let that get out. The fact that an intermediary got it and now I am next in line, well, still, there should be no reason why air got under the label unless it left the factory that way. Poor quality control, thoughts of a fake pop in my mind. The flaking of the silvering in the word Creed, not as concerned. I have seen that done before, not in a new bottle in the wrapper or box at say a Neimans, but a tester on a counter or a trade I have done, yes, it has happened. Pull the spray cap off and nozzle looks right. The serial number looks right. Lettering looks right. The indention of the word Creed on the spray nozzle cap looks right. No box or cap since it was a tester. Smell, it smells as I recall the stuff from sniffing it and wearing it around Neimans about two weeks ago.

If anyone wanted me to, I had taken pics with the cell phone but can take digital camera pics at home this evening. And yes, I know about buying from an authorized distributor if you want genuineness not to be an issue, but this was $100 of the $280 retail and no tax and welll, at $280 doubt I would get it. If it is a fake, I have the ebay recourses available, so a little bit better than buying it at a kiosk in the mall perhaps/.
    Last edited by finsfan; 19th August 2011 at 09:02 PM.

You mean on the left of the big scratch and above the wings? Well, no you're right, it's not supposed to be like that. However, if the fragrance smells legit to you, my guess would be that either someone got his hands on misproductions that weren't supposed to be sold (which would cast an even more dubious light on Creeds quality control) or that this bottle was somehow subjected to heat. Maybe it was displayed behind glass and the sunlight heated up the black plastic surface. I guess in this scenario the aluminium label underneath wouldn't do any good either. Anyway, you have more then enough reasons to contact the seller...

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    You hit the nail on the head, Aventus does last for a long time. There will be instances where I'll spray it on my arm and I can't smell it 20 minutes later...and other instances where I'll do the same thing and can detect it 10 hours later. The key is people will always smell it, but to your nose you would have to give it a rest as olfactory fatigue plays a role with Aventus...
    I think it's a fragrance that some users can't smell nearly as long as others in his presence. I've had this experience on both sides of that equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    You mean on the left of the big scratch and above the wings? Well, no you're right, it's not supposed to be like that. However, if the fragrance smells legit to you, my guess would be that either someone got his hands on misproductions that weren't supposed to be sold (which would cast an even more dubious light on Creeds quality control) or that this bottle was somehow subjected to heat. Maybe it was displayed behind glass and the sunlight heated up the black plastic surface. I guess in this scenario the aluminium label underneath wouldn't do any good either. Anyway, you have more then enough reasons to contact the seller...
    I saw this Aventus on ebay. It was advertised as having slight bottle damage, as a few bottles in that shipment had broke/leaked all over the rest of the stock, resulting in the air bubbles etc.

Jamwires, the link provided came up for the front page of ebay and not the Aventus bottle itself. I am guessing that this was warehoused before shipping. The seller shows her address on ebay as Los Angeles (hawaii1015) and the package shows her address is in Virginia (the label did) and the package was shipped out of Opa Locka or Miami, Fla, (per the information on the tracking number she provided). It smells legit, and the small signs like the all white nozzle, evenness of etching on the spray cap, etc. Yeah, I can see that heat or light might have done that. However, I was also reading another thread on some Creed post here that the Green Frich Tweed fakes are improved, that the fakers are getting better on bottle design. Maybe they read our threads!!

I've not posted in a long time. I tried Aventus recently, and I bought it because for a Creed (own GIT and MI) I found it lasted ages. I kept getting a whiff of something on my arm 10hours+ later in the day I tried it. So I went and bought a 30ml bottle. Batch number A42B11N01 and it doesn't even last 4 hours on me. I'm glad I got the small bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by emes View Post
    I've not posted in a long time. I tried Aventus recently, and I bought it because for a Creed (own GIT and MI) I found it lasted ages. I kept getting a whiff of something on my arm 10hours+ later in the day I tried it. So I went and bought a 30ml bottle. Batch number A42B11N01 and it doesn't even last 4 hours on me. I'm glad I got the small bottle.
    Have you tried getting a second opinion? Asking someone else if they can smell it on you? As mentioned above, "olfactory fatigue plays a role with Aventus...".

i have A42B11N01 and it lasts a long time on me.

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    Have you tried getting a second opinion? Asking someone else if they can smell it on you? As mentioned above, "olfactory fatigue plays a role with Aventus...".
    Yeah. I have. The tester I tried on two seperate occasions and both times it literally stayed on my skin all day, and night. I was getting whiffs walking around which impressed me enough to just go and buy a bottle. I've applied the bottle I bought exactly how I did the sample. Two sprays on the forearm. Couple hours and it's still on my skin but my nose has to be right up to it.

I've asked a friend and she can still smell it, but the point is I'm not noticing it like I did with the tester. The most basic way of describing it is a watered down version

Chasing these different batches is like chasing the dragon..
    -

Quote Originally Posted by LOST! View Post
    I can't believe that this Aventus "Lucky Dip" stall at the Creed fair is still going!!
    I've got to be honest, neither can I.

That people are prepared to put up with this lottery when they are paying nose-bleed inducing prices for a fragrance is completely and utterly beyond me.

If I go into Sainsburys I don't expect to be hoping that the bread I buy is moldy or not. I expect it to be fresh and taste like bread.

Seriously guys, have a think about this. If it were Hugo Boss, Armani or Gucci, the knives and ridicule would be out in force.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I've got to be honest, neither can I.

That people are prepared to put up with this lottery when they are paying nose-bleed inducing prices for a fragrance is completely and utterly beyond me.

If I go into Sainsburys I don't expect to be hoping that the bread I buy is moldy or not. I expect it to be fresh and taste like bread.

Seriously guys, have a think about this. If it were Hugo Boss, Armani or Gucci, the knives and ridicule would be out in force.
    The problem is that Creed seems to have organized this whole intimidation racket, here on BaseNotes. You can say anything about other brands, but not about Creed. Once you dare blaspheme, no matter how slightly, against the Creed Credo, an apocalyptic wave of hatred, abuse and calumny ineluctably comes your way.

I dunno, Creed gets bashed pretty hard here. I'm a fan, but at their price points, it's inexcusable to have such inconsistency of products. The prices are truly laughable. Aventus in the 1 OZ size is the last bottle I paid retail for. Royal Oud? You can forget it. I guess they want to maintain exclusivity, and the combo of world wide economics and their staggering price points will guarrantee it.

Great scents, but many issues, from price down to quality. Reminds me of Land Rover in that respect.

I own Aventus batch A42B11N01.

The top i can smell the pineapple & blackcurrant.. It's very2 fruity and sweet..

It last me all day long in a heat.. Nothing to complain here :-)..

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I dunno, Creed gets bashed pretty hard here. I'm a fan, but at their price points, it's inexcusable to have such inconsistency of products. The prices are truly laughable. Aventus in the 1 OZ size is the last bottle I paid retail for. Royal Oud? You can forget it. I guess they want to maintain exclusivity, and the combo of world wide economics and their staggering price points will guarrantee it.

Great scents, but many issues, from price down to quality. Reminds me of Land Rover in that respect.
    Chuck, I agree. When it was easier to obtain GIT and MI from Allshewants on ebay and the price was about $90 or so for 4 ounces, the batch variations or the one year, it is violet leaf prominent, the next year it is not, the price was not much more per ounce than say Polo Sport. But now, I suspect Creed is cutting back on shipping so that the ebay and grey market is not as saturated and so, when MI now goes for $135 or so for 4 ounces, at that price, I expect more from the juice and quite frankly, I may not pay it. Heck, Coromandel is postively a bargain at $210 for 6 ounces.

It also is disturbing when some people say they get the pineapple all day, others get only the ash. When it is equal pineapple and ash and it is first on, I love it. But $180 for 4 ounces and I cant smell it past 2 hours on me, I dont think I want it that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeltov View Post
    The problem is that Creed seems to have organized this whole intimidation racket, here on BaseNotes. You can say anything about other brands, but not about Creed. Once you dare blaspheme, no matter how slightly, against the Creed Credo, an apocalyptic wave of hatred, abuse and calumny ineluctably comes your way.

Just thank God Creed don't manufacture cars otherwise people would be launching threads like "My Creed GTI's brakes don't work and it's Batch #OMG1237654, anyone else had any near death experiences?".
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Just thank God Creed don't manufacture cars otherwise people would be launching threads like "My Creed GTI's brakes don't work and it's Batch #OMG1237654, anyone else had any near death experiences?".
    Comeone HDS, you know that Creed does not get a free pass here despite what Mazeltroll says. Infact Creed does get a fair bit of stick here and other brands not punched enough..
    -

Yeah, but then you could expect responses like;

Quote Originally Posted by CreedShlackyFanboy1 View Post
    Do you know how hard it is to consistently make a car that works safely? So what if every other manufacturer in the world is able to do it, THIS IS A CREED! Elton John drives one, Prince Charles drives one, the ghost of Michael Jackson drives one. The Paparazzi just aren't fast enough on their cameras to get any pics of them to prove it. And chicks dig them. Isn't that enough for you? And they're well established in the auto industry. In fact they started making cars as a side business of their flower shop 200 years or so ago. Of course all the cars were made of wood back then, so there isn't any actual proof of this around these days. We can however provide you with a certificate that the Earl of Sussex once dropped by to use our... I mean their toilet and smell some of the roses. If you don't have the money to drive multiple Aventus S series', you don't have the sort of money to actually worry that your life is worth protecting. I had to go through 4 S series models before I found one that was able to perform up to the standard of any normal mass market car, and could run for 4 hours without the engine malfunctioning. Don't hate on Creed Motors, troll!
    I think it would go something like that.
    Last edited by Partario; 25th August 2011 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post

Do you know how hard it is to consistently make a car that works safely? So what if every other manufacturer in the world is able to do it, THIS IS A CREED! Elton John drives one, Prince Charles drives one, the ghost of Michael Jackson drives one. The Paparazzi just aren't fast enough on their camera's to get any pics of them to prove it. And chicks dig them. Isn't that enough for you? And they're well established in the auto industry. In fact they started making cars as a side business of their flower shop 200 years or so ago. Of course all the cars were made of wood back then, so there isn't any actual proof of this around these days. We can however provide you a certificate that the Earl of Sussex once dropped by to use our... I mean their toilet and smell some of the roses. If you don't have the money to drive multiple Aventus S series', you don't have the sort of money to actually worry that your life is worth protecting. I had to go through 4 S series models before I found one that was able to perform up to the standard of any normal mass market car, and could run for 4 hours without the engine malfunctioning. Don't hate on Creed Motors, troll!
    Brilliant. I am sure Zzbottom will appreciate the humor in this.

I am not a creed fan boy by any means but i do enjoy a few of their fragrances. I will say that i have smelled a few of the batch varations and its safe for me to say that the batch i received from Kron has a great mix of all the notes, and fors ure has the pineapple note i can detect throughout the day. ZERO longevity problems here and honestly i think going more than 2-3 sprays with this batch is a bit too much. I wore one spray and walked in local grocery store and had cashier smell me from the back of the line lol. Yes, it was a postive comment she made

But i have had my experience with some horrible batches that honestly are zero pineapple after 10 seconds its gone and the rest is the smokey ash smell. Don't have it in front of me but i believe it ended in K03

Creed takes more heat around here than all other houses combined. Any time a Creed thread is being discussed, there are several of you, that for some reason, find the need to drop in and state your dislike for anything Creed.

If I did that with all the fragrances I disliked, I would be posting in A LOT of threads. But why on earth would I go out of my way to do that? Creed's success really seems to bother some people. So instead of ignoring it, they constantly post in such threads, which bumps them to the top of the page - the very thing that upsets them! It's like burning yourself with a lighter, and complaining about the pain at the same time.

Before I buy anything Creed, I make sure I know what kind of batch I'm getting. It's not a lottery to me, it just takes a bit more research. The little bit of reading is easily worth the enjoyment I get out of Creed fragrances. If someone around here doesn't "get it," what do I care?

If you don't like Creed fragrances, don't wear them! It's actually that simple.

I like my MI and Himalaya well enough but I'll be very cautious if I decide to ever buy another Creed.
    My Aventus purchase was more of an adventure than I bargained for.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Comeone HDS, you know that Creed does not get a free pass here despite what Mazeltroll says. Infact Creed does get a fair bit of stick here and other brands not punched enough..
    I didn't suggest for a moment they did get a free pass ZZ.

I just find it ludicrous that a thread like this is still running about what purports to be a top end fragrance house that can't get its quality control together - particularly with a fragrance which has been treated like the Second Coming on this board.

I think I am fairly even handed in giving stuff a bit of stick here as I am quite happy to call it as I see it. It just gets nauseating the kind of almost onanistic rapture exhibited where Creed is concerned. Objectivity seems to go out of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    Creed takes more heat around here than all other houses combined. Any time a Creed thread is being discussed, there are several of you, that for some reason, find the need to drop in and state your dislike for anything Creed.

If I did that with all the fragrances I disliked, I would be posting in A LOT of threads. But why on earth would I go out of my way to do that? Creed's success really seems to bother some people. So instead of ignoring it, they constantly post in such threads, which bumps them to the top of the page - the very thing that upsets them! It's like burning yourself with a lighter, and complaining about the pain at the same time.

Before I buy anything Creed, I make sure I know what kind of batch I'm getting. It's not a lottery to me, it just takes a bit more research. The little bit of reading is easily worth the enjoyment I get out of Creed fragrances. If someone around here doesn't "get it," what do I care?

If you don't like Creed fragrances, don't wear them! It's actually that simple.
    This is an open forum where people exchange different views, for and against. That's the simple bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post

Do you know how hard it is to consistently make a car that works safely? So what if every other manufacturer in the world is able to do it, THIS IS A CREED! Elton John drives one, Prince Charles drives one, the ghost of Michael Jackson drives one. The Paparazzi just aren't fast enough on their camera's to get any pics of them to prove it. And chicks dig them. Isn't that enough for you? And they're well established in the auto industry. In fact they started making cars as a side business of their flower shop 200 years or so ago. Of course all the cars were made of wood back then, so there isn't any actual proof of this around these days. We can however provide you a certificate that the Earl of Sussex once dropped by to use our... I mean their toilet and smell some of the roses. If you don't have the money to drive multiple Aventus S series', you don't have the sort of money to actually worry that your life is worth protecting. I had to go through 4 S series models before I found one that was able to perform up to the standard of any normal mass market car, and could run for 4 hours without the engine malfunctioning. Don't hate on Creed Motors, troll!
    Bravo!

Bravo? Cliche garbage from people trying to hard. Its quite sad how its always the same people without anything remotely constructive to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Bravo? Cliche garbage from people trying to hard. Its quite sad how its always the same people without anything remotely constructive to say.
    Sir Tristan! You've come!

I don't view someone's fragrance preference as an inanimate extension of themselves, so I didn't mean anything personal by it. Just joking a bit, that's all.
    Last edited by Partario; 26th August 2011 at 12:50 PM.

This is an open forum where people exchange different views, for and against. That's the simple bit.
    This thread is about Aventus batch numbers. A helpful exchange for some of us. Not sure why you're here.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    This thread is about Aventus batch numbers. A helpful exchange for some of us. Not sure why you're here.
    Not sure why I'm here?

Because I cannot believe that sentient beings are seriously entertaining this thread that's why.

I've been around fragrances a good many years and know full well that perfumisti frequently get into a lather as to whether a reformulation is better than the original.

But this debate about Aventus is a farce. An absolute farce of scandalous proportions. Aventus seems to be in a constant state of reformulation simply because Creed (all hail the mighty Creed) can't get their act together to produce a consistent fragrance.

If Creed DID reformulate Aventus, how could anyone ever tell? It seems to go through so many incarnations any note pyramid is only ever a thumbnail sketch of what a buyer might or might not expect to receive.

I can honestly say, this is one of the most ridiculous debates I have ever encountered on Basenotes, with normally rational human beings not seriously questioning the central issue: that Creed are screwing up majorly and instead of people being outraged about it, they are swapping notes anxiously hoping the considerable amounts of money they have spent on this fool's folly is on one of the good ones - and then feeling insecure if they have a bad 'un.

It's not even a question of waking up and smelling the coffee - because if Creed made coffee, it would probably smell like tea and people would still buy it.

Oh and as an aside - I smelled Royal Aoud the day before yesterday. It was quite nice. Apart from the lack of Aoud of course. Or maybe that was a batch problem...

So in answer to your question. THAT is why I am here.

3 days of wearing. Each day was different so I've thrown the batch/longevity argument out the window. It went from lasting 4 hours to all day. What I will say is... No pineapple here just blackcurrant and apple at the top.

Default Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

The first time I tried Aventus, it was this very pineapply and musky (a relatively strong and smoky musk) thing that - although it smelled good - wasn't something I saw myself wearing.

But this past week I took my time with a different batch. In this batch the strongest note is red apple (a very accurate apple too) which is an underrated note now that I have smelled it. There is a little pineapple in there too but it's in the background, and the musk/smoke is barely there. This is definitely something that I could use as a signature scent. Amazing stuff.

The problem is I don't know what I'll get if I buy a bottle.

Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

It is unacceptable for there to be so much batch variation from such a reputable house.

Yes. Musky pineapples is an entirely different fragrance from Red Apple + a little pineapple and musk in the background. The former is a very masculine and "pop culture"-ish juxtaposition of notes. The latter is a very smooth, unique and amazing scent. I had completely forgotten what red apple smells like, because the smell is so subtle that you don't notice it, but it really smooths out the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    This is definitely something that I could use as a signature scent. Amazing stuff.

The problem is I don't know what I'll get if I buy a bottle.
    It will probably be hit or miss.